05/25/24 +5.6 Days
- Weekly DarkSpace
05/25/24 +6.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Enterprise
21th - Hobbyte

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Can you see me?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
 Author Can you see me?
Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-02-02 15:26   
Quote:

On 2011-02-02 13:26, Azreal wrote:

Learn to macro.

good advi...waitaminit.

Quote:

3.3.4 Macroing / Automation
Description: ANY form of programmed or automated manipulation of DarkSpace code which allows users to gain without being present at their computer.

Why Its an Exploit: DarkSpace is a game which is meant to be played by players, not scripts or programs. Additionally, use of automated systems can provide an unfair advantage over players - in terms of credit accumulation, prestige gain, or other measures. Thus, all macros or automation measures are forbidden.

MarineKingPrime
Marshal
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2011-02-02 15:30   
Quote:

On 2011-02-02 04:14, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-02-01 23:07, Zero28 wrote:

thats a bit of an invalid reply, Kluth as one way do it all, up close
Ugto is pretty much same
Only ICC has to change play style depending on Wich enemy to fight an/or What situation
(i could include sheild rotation, but i Would i would had to include Kluths Cloak management )

So they HAVE a choice. They can choose to deploy long range archers against UGTO, or close range pounders against Kluth.

I don't see why anyone could possibly complain when they have more choices....

Thats a silly argument.

ICC are long range. We should be deploying long range ships aginst UGTO AND kluth. But right now, we deploy close range ships against BOTH UGTO and kluth. See the flaw?

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-02-02 16:43   
Quote:

On 2011-02-02 15:26, Doran wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-02-02 13:26, Azreal wrote:

Learn to macro.

good advi...waitaminit.

Quote:

3.3.4 Macroing / Automation
Description: ANY form of programmed or automated manipulation of DarkSpace code which allows users to gain without being present at their computer.

Why Its an Exploit: DarkSpace is a game which is meant to be played by players, not scripts or programs. Additionally, use of automated systems can provide an unfair advantage over players - in terms of credit accumulation, prestige gain, or other measures. Thus, all macros or automation measures are forbidden.

A ping cycle macro, by definition of the RoC, would not be a violation of said RoC. There is no gain of prestige from pinging a ship. It is likewise pointless to ping while not sitting at the computer.
If using my keyboard to, say for example, auto key #9 every xxx secs, than the rule should read :

ANY form of programmed or automated manipulation of DarkSpace code

Also, that isn't manipulating any DS code of any kind, so it would need to really read:

ANY form of programmed or automated manipulation

and to be honest, its a waste of time to macro a ping cycle, but I thought I would throw the idea out there. Just freaking learn to scout!

[ This Message was edited by: Azreal on 2011-02-02 17:05 ]

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-02-02 17:28   
Quote:

On 2011-02-02 15:30, darksmaster923 (3IC) wrote:
Thats a silly argument.

ICC are long range. We should be deploying long range ships aginst UGTO AND kluth. But right now, we deploy close range ships against BOTH UGTO and kluth. See the flaw?

UGTO can't roflstomp ICC up close because of the long range faction's best assault ships. We should also be able to deploy EADs against missle dreads cuz we're a slugger faction.

See the flaw?

[ This Message was edited by: Doran on 2011-02-02 19:04 ]

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-02-02 17:33   
Quote:

On 2011-02-02 17:28, SpaceAdmiral wrote:
UGTO can't roflstomp ICC up close because of the long range faction's best assault ships. We should also be able to deploy EADs against missle dreads cuz we're a slugger faction.

See the flaw?

No, dont see the flaw.

on either side, i dont see the flaw. I always see icc using ships like UGTO would use them. ( point jump enemy even if their in a Cdessy) If you do it right, you can use any combat ship Vs Luth or UGTO. Just some work better, so they are prefered. MDs in particular work really well against luth if you know their attack vector. And you would know that if you had decent scouts on the battlefield. I Prefer using CDread or HC against Luth.. Why? Because i can track them better with all those guns. Sure AD takes them out quicker, but its just a matter of preferance.

Im with whoever said, "at least ICC has a Choice". We have many ways to bring the fight to the enemy.

UGTO Flaws... Special V does moot... Has to be the worst special abiliaty of the game! EAD can be deployed vs MD and should be.. dont know what your getting at there. (prolly just lost on me)

Again im a firm believer in Kluth are nurfed too much, or where they need to be. (small ship nurfed too much) (large ship where it needs to be) dont think so? Go play kluth small ships

And i agree with he who said that tracking luth is a lost art to this generation. I lol when luth cloak because i know they cant hurt me then, and can only travle at 13gu sec. Also konw they will be cloked for next 15 seconds. Plenty of time to get away.

Although i have to admit. My attitude against fighting luth is.. whats the point. I usualy dont bother attacking them. (less im defending my wing)

[ This Message was edited by: Doran on 2011-02-02 19:04 ]

MarineKingPrime
Marshal
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2011-02-02 18:19   
Quote:

On 2011-02-02 17:28, SpaceAdmiral wrote:

See the flaw?

Which is a massive game flaw. We can't use long range ships against UGTO cause they suck. But we have better close range ships than UGTO.

[ This Message was edited by: Doran on 2011-02-02 19:05 ]

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-02-02 22:01   
Quote:

On 2011-02-02 18:19, darksmaster923 (3IC) wrote:

Which is a massive game flaw. We can't use long range ships against UGTO cause they suck.[ This Message was edited by: Doran on 2011-02-02 19:05 ]

face/palm
Unanimous vote on best long range ship: MD
Find a competitor even worth mentioning...
and then maybe we can talk

MarineKingPrime
Marshal
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2011-02-02 22:15   
Quote:

On 2011-02-02 22:01, SpaceAdmiral wrote:
Quote:

Which is a massive game flaw. We can't use long range ships against UGTO cause they suck.[ This Message was edited by: darksmaster923 (3IC) on 2011-02-02 23:41 ]

face/palm

MD is a support ship, not our primary ship. Unless you've deluded yourself into thinking that every ICC flys MDs into battle. That's like saying since the Agincourt Carrier dread is great at attacking enemies at long range, the UGTO are a great long range faction. Somehow, I don't think using close range ships as primary ships with good long range support constitutes the ICC as a long range faction. In that, ICC are basically UGTO 2.0.

No, nerfing the assault dread will not solve the problem. The problem is that the game is centered on close range fights, so the ICC have to give up their range in order to survive. Buff long range dreads and lower laser damage.

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-02-02 22:54   
Quote:

On 2011-02-02 22:01, SpaceAdmiral wrote:
Quote:

Which is a massive game flaw. We can't use long range ships against UGTO cause they suck.[ This Message was edited by: Doran on 2011-02-02 19:05 ]

face/palm

I can kill an md in a ganglia.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Zero28
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-02-02 23:37   
Quote:

On 2011-02-02 22:54, Azreal wrote:
I can kill an md in a ganglia.

i can kill it in a cruiser

[ This Message was edited by: Doran on 2011-02-03 16:21 ]
19:33:51 [ZION]GothThug {C?}: "Zero..you are DS's hero"

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-02-03 01:52   
Quote:

Thats a silly argument.

Then you truly deserve to die everytime you get into your long range ship. You want to stick to a theme when the situation calls for the reverse, it's your funeral.

You can deploy MDs when you have dictors protecting you. Case in point, Fargo cluster (yes, everyone's tired of that) with it's 3 dictored planets. You can sit pretty deep in the dico field and pepper any UGTO or shroom that comes your way with PCMs.

But when up against Kluth or EADs in deep space, you better think differently. If you don't, you die. Simple as that.

If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen.

[ This Message was edited by: Doran on 2011-02-03 16:22 ]

tucker32
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-02-03 02:14   
what the icc should do is work together AD's attack close ranage while MD's pepper from long range it's easy to do or just led MD's pepper first and when eneny jump close let AD's finish them off

Reznor
Marshal

Posted: 2011-02-03 04:10   
Quote:

On 2011-02-03 02:14, tucker32 wrote:
what the icc should do is work together AD's attack close ranage while MD's pepper from long range it's easy to do or just led MD's pepper first and when eneny jump close let AD's finish them off

Can't pepper K'luth.

They taste quite nice with a dash of salt, however....

Interdictor: (DS) A planetary emplacement or Cruiser Class vessel capable of preventing FTL travel in a certain radius.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-02-03 14:56   
Quote:

On 2011-02-03 04:10, Reznor wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-02-03 02:14, tucker32 wrote:

Can't pepper K'luth.

They taste quite nice with a dash of salt, however....

I told you. Thermidor!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lobster_Thermidor

Learn it from Le Cheese eating Surrender Monkeys....

MarineKingPrime
Marshal
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2011-02-03 17:10   
Quote:

On 2011-02-03 01:52, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:
Quote:

Thats a silly argument.

Then you truly deserve to die everytime you get into your long range ship. You want to stick to a theme when the situation calls for the reverse, it's your funeral.

You can deploy MDs when you have dictors protecting you. Case in point, Fargo cluster (yes, everyone's tired of that) with it's 3 dictored planets. You can sit pretty deep in the dico field and pepper any UGTO or shroom that comes your way with PCMs.

But when up against Kluth or EADs in deep space, you better think differently. If you don't, you die. Simple as that.

If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen.

[ This Message was edited by: darksmaster923 (3IC) on 2011-02-03 17:15 ]

You can think like that all you want if you want ICC to be UGTO v2. However, I actually want factions to be different from each other.

I honestly don't know why you're so opposed to making ICC less like UGTO and more like ICC. It'll make the game have more variety and be more fun.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Page created in 0.023133 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR