No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +3.3 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Development Updates » » DarkSpace 1.6
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
 Author DarkSpace 1.6
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-01-20 06:44   
Bombing prestige is slightly easier to get now.

Due to me raising the structure hp quite a bit, infantry set to raze will take longer to destroy buildings.

Kaoschan
Fleet Admiral
Interstellar Cultural Confederation United

Posted: 2011-01-20 07:37   
Quote:

On 2011-01-20 06:44, BackSlash wrote:
Bombing prestige is slightly easier to get now.

Due to me raising the structure hp quite a bit, infantry set to raze will take longer to destroy buildings.

Yay for slower raze-drops
more time for the allied inf to kill the razers and earn XP

[ This Message was edited by: Kaoschan on 2011-01-20 07:37 ]

K'luth Hunter - Recon ~Ping~ Scout - ECCM for the Team, to beat the K'luth!

Goto the website of Kaoschan
Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-01-20 09:28   
Quote:

On 2011-01-19 23:15, Reznor wrote:
So how do you combat the annoying people who know that a kluth tranny can drop inf, cloak, and then raze buildings and keep thier troops moving?

It's one of many lame tactics that I've seen kluth use, and probably the most annoying. The only way to "beat it" they've told me, is to move your infantry manuallly as well, but I just haven't gotten the hang of it.

Maybe make it so that it takes 5 seconds for infantry to start razing? That way if they're moved manually constantly, they can't actually do damage.

The reason I bring this up is: the first thing I thought of when I read about the new defense bases is "Oh good, now those retarded trannies will take damage and can't just sit there moving troops around." But I guess not >.> .

Due to structure HP values dramatically being increased, it will take many, many more raze inf to take down even one structure, at which point they are at the mercy of existant infantry that gain some pretty easy xp, to the point you have a planet with nothing but elites.

Also because HP is so high, a single engineer can effectively halt any attempt to raze structures. Its about thinking beyond just combat ships.

In capturing a planet, you're going to need bombers. You don't have to worry about planetary PD, so any bomber is effective, but the more bombs the better of course. You have to worry about players.

So you need combat ships to distract enemy ships and hopefully kill them, so you can reduce the control point value and clear the way for any bombing.

On top of that, bombing infantry or removing them with your own is vital. Capturing a planet doesn't revert infantry too. Not to mention, you need an engineer of some kind to repair damaged structures and build new ones.

Meanwhile a defense force needs more than just combat ships. I think cloaked ships should immediately be decloaked the moment they enter influence range. An engineer, even a bomber to take down enemy infantry, is handy to have.

The problem is, people think linearly. There are alot, lot more possibilities to have to keep and take control of a planet, and most importantly it takes a long time by yourself. Its practically impossible for one player to do it if theres even one other player around and if there isn't, it still takes a significant amount of time because you have to do three things to effectively capture a planet in a reasonable amount of time:

You have to disable or destroy defense bases because they do alot of damage over time.

You have to kill all enemy infantry by some method.

And you need a way to rebuild after you capture the planet.

One ship in one role (like a Command Dreadnaught) has the capability, but even that would take ten minutes or longer, more than enough time for even a single ship to keep the planet in your control.

As for cloak drops, like I said, I think ships should be decloaked automatically in the influence zone. I think that levels the playing field. A pure infantry swarm would win eventually, even if it does take a long time, but Kluth can do it with alot less risk.

I also think this game really needs one last major change to make capturing planets a definite teamwork game.

Make it so only transports can load infantry. I think transports need to be their role. They should be the primary ships that capture planets and ships. They should be needed. By everyone.

I'd also say that ship capturing itself should be a bit more detailed-. Instead of just capturing a ship, or doing more than just disable a few systems. Something a bit more dynamic. I feel like transports don't get any love in the game. Maybe its about time we gave them some.

-Ent

[ This Message was edited by: Saint Valentine on 2011-01-20 09:33 ]

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-01-20 09:52   
If rushing troops to a planet whilst cloaked becomes a problem we'll address it, having said that, I don't see it being a problem with this new system.

Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-01-20 13:13   
Jack is so right.
It would take ALOT of infantry to capture a planet unassisted. even longer if there are defending infantry.

If there are more defending infantry then is dropped, the capture is guaranteed to fail.

Saphirako
Fleet Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-01-20 14:01   
When it says that you removed PD.... does that mean Ships no longer have PD either? Or is it just planets?

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-01-20 15:05   
Quote:

On 2011-01-20 09:28, Saint Valentine wrote:
I also think this game really needs one last major change to make capturing planets a definite teamwork game.

Make it so only transports can load infantry. I think transports need to be their role. They should be the primary ships that capture planets and ships. They should be needed. By everyone.

I'd also say that ship capturing itself should be a bit more detailed-. Instead of just capturing a ship, or doing more than just disable a few systems. Something a bit more dynamic. I feel like transports don't get any love in the game. Maybe its about time we gave them some.

-Ent

[ This Message was edited by: Saint Valentine on 2011-01-20 09:33 ]

Sooo I get my cloaked luth tranny and drop on that juicy station that can't load any inf. Win.

The Fridge
Chief Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-01-20 15:30   
When it shows the units of the planet can you make it so it shows Friendly/Enemy numbers, instead of the overall, which is in beta atm.

Faustus
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2011-01-20 16:47   
Quote:

On 2011-01-20 14:01, FTL - The Aurora *CO* wrote:
When it says that you removed PD.... does that mean Ships no longer have PD either? Or is it just planets?

Just planets..

Goto the website of Faustus
Saphirako
Fleet Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-01-20 16:54   
Quote:

On 2011-01-20 16:47, Faustus wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-01-20 14:01, FTL - The Aurora *CO* wrote:

Just planets..

THANK GOD!

The Fridge
Chief Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-01-20 17:29   
I Probably shouldn't tell you this but....If you had tried 1.6 i think you would of found out =o

Oh and Damage done to ships needs to be rampped up alot more.

12 Anti ship I's Don't do much damage with just a AD, Bomber Dread and dessie sitting round it.

Another note: Erm 33 MiRV's from the Bomber Dessie do no damage to a Anti Ship I base when the PD is 104%

P.S It's looking real nice atm, no lag whatsoever with the large AI fleets.
[ This Message was edited by: The Fridge on 2011-01-20 17:33 ]

Saphirako
Fleet Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-01-20 17:34   
Quote:

On 2011-01-20 17:29, The Fridge wrote:
I Probably shouldn't tell you this but....If you had tried 1.6 i think you would of found out =o

Oh and Damage done to ships needs to be rampped up alot more.

12 Anti ship I's Don't do much damage with just a AD, Bomber Dread and dessie sitting round it.

Another note: Erm 33 MiRV's from the Bomber Dessie do no damage to a Anti Ship I base when the PD is 104%

P.S It's looking real nice atm, no lag whatsoever with the large AI fleets.
[ This Message was edited by: The Fridge on 2011-01-20 17:33 ]

I have little time to look at the update... sorry...

µOmniVore
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-01-20 17:48   
how to depots work now?

Email µOmniVore
Reznor
Marshal

Posted: 2011-01-20 23:19   
Quote:

On 2011-01-20 09:28, Saint Valentine wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-01-19 23:15, Reznor wrote:
So how do you combat the annoying people who know that a kluth tranny can drop inf, cloak, and then raze buildings and keep thier troops moving?

It's one of many lame tactics that I've seen kluth use, and probably the most annoying. The only way to "beat it" they've told me, is to move your infantry manuallly as well, but I just haven't gotten the hang of it.

Maybe make it so that it takes 5 seconds for infantry to start razing? That way if they're moved manually constantly, they can't actually do damage.

The reason I bring this up is: the first thing I thought of when I read about the new defense bases is "Oh good, now those retarded trannies will take damage and can't just sit there moving troops around." But I guess not >.> .

Due to structure HP values dramatically being increased, it will take many, many more raze inf to take down even one structure, at which point they are at the mercy of existant infantry that gain some pretty easy xp, to the point you have a planet with nothing but elites.

Also because HP is so high, a single engineer can effectively halt any attempt to raze structures. Its about thinking beyond just combat ships.

In capturing a planet, you're going to need bombers. You don't have to worry about planetary PD, so any bomber is effective, but the more bombs the better of course. You have to worry about players.

So you need combat ships to distract enemy ships and hopefully kill them, so you can reduce the control point value and clear the way for any bombing.

On top of that, bombing infantry or removing them with your own is vital. Capturing a planet doesn't revert infantry too. Not to mention, you need an engineer of some kind to repair damaged structures and build new ones.

Meanwhile a defense force needs more than just combat ships. I think cloaked ships should immediately be decloaked the moment they enter influence range. An engineer, even a bomber to take down enemy infantry, is handy to have.

The problem is, people think linearly. There are alot, lot more possibilities to have to keep and take control of a planet, and most importantly it takes a long time by yourself. Its practically impossible for one player to do it if theres even one other player around and if there isn't, it still takes a significant amount of time because you have to do three things to effectively capture a planet in a reasonable amount of time:

You have to disable or destroy defense bases because they do alot of damage over time.

You have to kill all enemy infantry by some method.

And you need a way to rebuild after you capture the planet.

One ship in one role (like a Command Dreadnaught) has the capability, but even that would take ten minutes or longer, more than enough time for even a single ship to keep the planet in your control.

As for cloak drops, like I said, I think ships should be decloaked automatically in the influence zone. I think that levels the playing field. A pure infantry swarm would win eventually, even if it does take a long time, but Kluth can do it with alot less risk.

-Ent

[ This Message was edited by: Reznor on 2011-01-21 23:12 ]

I never considered that HP had been raised, awesome.

Also, rather than taking all inf from stations, just nerf how many they have. Bump it to 6 or something. Jack of all trades but master at none?

The assault dreads do more damage up close, supply's can almost match a stations repair capabilities while retaining speed/faster JD. Engies have more build drones/ faster mining.

Why should stations also have better capabilities at one task than a purpose built ship?

Interdictor: (DS) A planetary emplacement or Cruiser Class vessel capable of preventing FTL travel in a certain radius.

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-01-21 05:13   
Quote:
On 2011-01-20 23:19, Reznor wrote:
Why should stations also have better capabilities at one task than a purpose built ship?

Maybe because it costs lots of resource (so that you can't spawn new one again and again), it's slow, it's multi-tasking (aka prestige hunter)?

Haven't try beta, just want to know with new visual effect, shall planet still FF?

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Page created in 0.027620 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR