Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Tellaris
17th - Oskar von Reuenthal

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » The Mycopia Incident [Classified D-3]
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author The Mycopia Incident [Classified D-3]
ADmiraLMaXimus (Bringer of Doom)
Chief Marshal
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2010-08-23 19:48   
Quote:

On 2010-08-23 17:34, N'kra The Wolf wrote:
@ maximus: if youre going to repeat kluths origin story and reasons for fighting, at least be accurate =D ktnxbai

Forgive me I am just going by memory ... I read the story 10 years ago when I first started playing

Im not reading the fictional history already written as I respond to a post

lol Im getting old okay!!!!

Email ADmiraLMaXimus (Bringer of Doom)
Lark of Serenity
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2010-08-24 00:59   
To: Fleet Admiral Sopwith Camel, UGTO Galactic Navy Intelligence Operations; Brigadier Gejaheline, UGTO Navy Intelligence Director, seconded to GTN Intelligence Operations.
From: Grand Admiral Lark of Serenity, Raven Division Command; [Security clearance check failed]
Date: August 24, 2310
Subject: RE: The Mycopia Incident

ICC is willing to cooperate on a limited basis on this issue. Unofficially, I'm sure you can understand.

MI planetary operations commence at 1:30AM EST/Sol3. They target shipyard planets, regardless of the status of the shipyard or the overall status of the planet. They do not discriminate by victim. As such, any notion of influencing the outcome of these attacks seems implausible. It appears they send a vessel to each system of interest, and if that vessel is destroyed, another is sent, until an as-of-yet undetermined time when planetary operations cease. This is not behaviour we have witnessed from MI before.

We have information that Procyon has been cut off from the K'luth, which I suspect you can corroborate. Perhaps an expedition to assess this threat is in order?

Oh, and don't bother asking how I reached you. The reply button works though, so I'm told.

Lawman
Fleet Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2010-08-24 01:45   
[IC]
To: All Fleet Admirals
So...
I see the MI have started their bombing campaign.
So who wants to hold our own little Thermopylae for em?
We bicker amongst ourselves like starving jackals while the K'luth steal whatever they can from under our noses; desperate for their equally meager share of the local stars and planets.
But we are capable of so much more; of yet greater achievements.
Perhaps if Mankind and K'luth stand shoulder to shoulder, as brothers in arm and brothers in destinity we can turn back this crushing tide of machines.
Just maybe and yet...
Life...
Life is the most precious thing we can protect, and without it the universe loses meaning, becomes unfeeling, and ultimately lacks a purpose.
We are each the technological expression of an entire biosphere, of two former edens, and two seperate genesis's.
But K'luth and Man now share the same destinity.
Victory or Death.
We must now become the decisive champions of Galactic History or become another victim of this maligniant machine God.
But then again...
Mankind has a history of beating the odds.
Let see if all our luck holds out.
[IC]

Email Lawman   Goto the website of Lawman
*Obsidian Shadow*
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-08-24 02:24   
well put lawman....there are miracles that can happen and there is DS co-operation... the latter bein the rarer

*Obsidian Shadow*
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-08-24 02:34   
>>logging in
>>user name: fleet admiral obsidian shadow
>>password:******
>>decoding binary code: 010000010100110001001100001000000100100001010101
>>end result: ALL HUMANS WILL BE DESTROYED, ALL K'LUTH WILL BE DESTROYED, MACHINES WILL RULE.

>>comments: now that cannot be good
>>logging out

Fatal Perihelion
Chief Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2010-08-24 04:39   

ICC intelligence have uncovered an UGTO splinter cell working together with the MI.

This is just another evidence of how much people suffer under the oppresion of UGTO dictatorship.
In their desperation living in a police-galxis in disguise of a "trade organization", UGTO controlled people even seem to prefer to aly with machines, to liberate themselves from their evil tormentor.

Now action must be taken! We need to crush UGTO command and their
crusted power conceiling, corrupt leaders in the backround, once and for all.
UGTO people: Hold on, we are going to free you!

Kangaroosteak
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-08-24 04:48   
System Report Kaus Borealis

Further investigation of the planet Melando Decimus has revealed an underground shelter that has survived the blast, the entrance being blocked by heavy debris. Apon entering the derelict bunker, it can be noted that there are scratch marks all over the walls and a single corpse slumped onto an office chair. A computer log has been stored on the terminal at the office desk. Scientists have concluded that the colonist was trapped inside the shelter during the "glassing" and passed away in a sort of dementia.

Admin>>> Login
Password: *********

Login Succesful
---------------------------

Entry One: I saw this giant beam of light rain down from the skies, everyone started to panic and I got seperated from my family... Stupid jerk pushed me into some hole-- And here I am, stuck in this cave/bunker/thing.

Entry Two: Tried to push the door open, but it won't budge, probably something blocking it. All I can hear is this ringing sound coming from outside, probably nothing... I hope my family's ok.

Entry Three: Luckily for me, there's a nice stock of food and water in here, should last me a few weeks! I think that ringing is getting to me. Hope the ugto come quickly to help. Urgh, all I can hear is that blasted white noise!

Entry Four: Data Corrupted>>>

Entry Five: Crap, crap crap crap crap crap! Oh my god, I'm going to be stuck in here forever! What to do? What to do?!?! i know, i'll just stay here... typing... here... yes, that will pass the time, and then they will come, and they will help us wont they? Yess, theyll save us! Blasted ringing is getting to me! Gotta keep myselfbusy,gottakeeptyping...

Entry Six: Data Corrupted>>>

Entry Seven: So much reeing. all i can heer is taht tarible sund... oh mgyj god... Maek it sotp... MAKE UT STPO!!!!11!!11!!

Entry Eight: Data Corrupted>>>

Entry Nine: cfvanjT ygthjink no mRoe,......,.,., Vkoic es iujmk ,mugyh bhjeadfc/......,,./// POLDEAS HMIJLp ME

Final Entry: wdhjats ftgher pouijnhbgt/';';? I';/mk ghoijnhg tyho nbderf dstyujck imn hjer fgorerfdbver,.mj., tgrfell kmjy gfasmily Il LKpove Thremn.,.l

End Log>>>

It appears that this poor soul went mad and soon died after being exposed to some sort of white noise, this high pitched whine could be eminating from the Blue Beam. This could explain why residents seem to lose all memory of the past.

[ This Message was edited by: Kangaroo Steak on 2010-08-24 15:53 ]

Goto the website of Kangaroosteak
Gejaheline
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-08-24 04:49   
To: Grand Admiral Lark of Serenity, Raven Division Command.
CC: GTN Intelligence Operations; UGTO Navy Intelligence; Office of the Chancellor.
From: Brigadier Gejaheline, UGTO Navy Intelligence Director, seconded to GTN Intelligence Operations.
Date: August 24, 2310
Subject: RE: The Mycopia Incident

"MI planetary operations commence at 1:30AM EST/Sol3. They target shipyard planets, regardless of the status of the shipyard or the overall status of the planet."

Well, that puts paid to the idea of deactivating shipyard facilities to avoid attacks. Personally, I was skeptical anyway.

Glad to see that the ICC are taking this seriously. The enemy of my enemy is my friend, at least when faced with extinction of everyone. It seems that the chain of command has put the good Fleet Admiral in charge of these operations, so let's see what he thinks about an expedition.

"Oh, and don't bother asking how I reached you. The reply button works though, so I'm told."

Presumably Representative Lissierre forwarded you the address. Not that I don't have an entire cyberwarfare division dedicated to the art of not needing to ask for information.

Stop being so pretentious. How people find the time for unnecessary posturing in the face of genocide I have no idea.

Brigadier Gejaheline,
UGTO Navy Intelligence,
Mars.

Marius Falix
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-08-24 07:27   
Emergency Report.

To: Grand Admiral Lark of Serenity, Raven Division Command
Date: August 25, 2310

M'am Mi longhaed was spotted by platforms nearby the Tau ceti Sun.
We jumped in as close as we could, opened fire and was promblty ignored.
we sat behind it trying to disable its engines and it...just ignored us (it might be that we were in a cruiser class ship, we werent a threat to it) however we managed to lower it to 50% hull status and we soon needed to rearm...

we checked the closest shipyard... we were allready headed straight for it. Argrea.

i came back with the CBD Chrono's End and went hunting for it on the path to Argrea.

after a few minutes we came across it 4 k behind us.
we killed engines and luanched fighters and missiles allowing it to close with us for maximum forward cannon time.

as the missiles were destroyed and the fighters circled it finally took notice.
it began evasive manueveres and began to cloak...

No signs yet. we made sub light travel towards Argrea hoping to catch a glimpse of it on its course.
So far nothing.

we are currently orbiting the planet, but we cant stay long, not with a full engagement in Luyten taking place.

Side note: Multiple requests were made for assitance noone answered.
it may very well cost this planet and the ICC millions of lives.

~~Falix~~

[ This Message was edited by: Marius Falix on 2010-08-24 07:28 ]

We are the Falix Brothers...

*FTL*Soulless
Marshal

Posted: 2010-08-24 07:57   
Date: August 25, 2310

We have completed our recon of the Procyon system and have bad news. There apears to be a Nexus 14 guarding the jump hole we lost half our fleet to that MI ship in a few seconds before we could jump away.

The whole system is devode of any form life, Nothing but machines out there. A couple of my ships saw a dozen Longheads under construction as well as a couple Nodes.

We will be making another "trip" after repaires and the destoryed ships are replaced

Will keep you informed

[ This Message was edited by: soulless93 on 2010-08-24 08:09 ]

Email *FTL*Soulless
Alois Falix
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-08-24 11:20   
Cc: Fleet Admiral Marius Falix, S-W Combat Division
Date: August 24, 2310 11:00 AM

I have been positioned at the Proycon Wormhole In the Klaus system for a week now in my Line Station C.S.S Shun, currently operating as the ICS Hive on a solo mission to observe and investigate the comings and goings of the Machine Intelligence from thier source. My station was intended to follow the Penetration fleet sent in earlier this week but was asked to stand back and gather intelligence.

As we all know the flow of MI into Klaus and the surrounding systems has been picking up this last week, and word has now reached me that even the UGTO are ill prepared to fend off this menace.

We cannot allow this to continue.

My report is as follows.

Firstly, the MI do not seem at all bothered by the presence of my Assault Station at thier wormhole. I rest only 1100 GU from it and I have yet to be attacked, this worried me. We have recorded the the comngis and goings of a massive number of Longhead Dreadnaughts backed up by Praetorian Cruisers, the ships suspected of carrying this Death Beam. Nexus Nodes are also a fairly regular occurance. I have noticed that my stations sensors have become irregular in thier calibration and must be recalibrated on a fairly regular basis, every few hours or so. I believe this may be due to my proximity to the wormhole. Hm? I'm sorry, my presence has been requested on the bridge. I will deliver the rest of my report at a laster time. Hm. I wonder what that ringing sound is.

-GA Lucious Falix

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Emergency Transmision Broadcasted on All open Channels*
Date: August 24, 2310 11:45 AM

"THIS IS GRAND ADMIRAL LUCIOUS FALIX OF THE ICS HIVE, WE ARE UNDER SIEGE BY THE MI AT THE PROYCON WORMHOLE AND HAVE BEEN BOAR
-static-

[ This Message was edited by: Lucious Falix on 2010-08-24 14:38 ]

Rebellion
Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2010-08-24 12:23   
just a little tip all ICC ships are C.S.S not I.C.S or U.S.S

[ This Message was edited by: Grand Admiral CRAZY45 *XO* on 2010-08-24 18:39 ]

\"War does not decide who is right, but who is left\"
\"I stopped fighting my inner demons we're on the same side now\"

Alois Falix
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-08-24 14:32   
Protip: Participate or dont post ^_^. Trying to have a bit of fun here. Investigation. and .Contact .Support; ICS. Its not a ship registry, its a Unit Acronym. But I will edit my post for the sake of you shutting up. Thanks for dampering my fun.
[ This Message was edited by: Lucious Falix on 2010-08-24 14:34 ]

The Fridge
Chief Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-08-24 14:54   
To: All Mess Halls on all Ships within ICC Command
Date: August 24, 2310 20:54

The MI have recently Uploaded a virus to some ships involved in the recent attacks.
I ask all Kitchen staff, to check if your refrigerators are running.

kthxbai.

Marius Falix
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-08-24 15:03   
Quote:

On 2010-08-24 12:23, Grand Admiral CRAZY45 *XO* wrote:
just a little protip all ICC ships are C.S.S not I.C.S or U.S.S

http://www.darkspace.net/php/thumbnail.php?image=shots/special/IRecog.jpg&width=1280&height=800&extra=

for more info.
[ This Message was edited by: Marius Falix on 2010-08-24 15:04 ]

We are the Falix Brothers...

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.024981 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR