Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Tellaris
17th - Oskar von Reuenthal

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » a mv idea
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
 Author a mv idea
Necrotic
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-07-05 14:24   
Quote:

On 2010-07-05 08:38, Diep Luc wrote:
I love the idea of hiring fleetless players :">
I love the idea of the civil war faction. Real talent may be proven in the fight.
And I love you Necrotic, for being so innovative that make DS more interesting

hey everyoen loves me its like i told krim last night. I thought people were being rude when they shot at me. The truth is they love me and just wanna show affection

No matter how hard they have tried. They havnt figured out how to nerf skill yet :P

Necrotic
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-07-05 14:27   
Quote:

On 2010-07-05 10:20, Silent Threat { Vier } wrote:
Hmm, right away I thought: No, Don't screw around with DS too much, but then as I read more, I started thinking: Could be interesting if done properly.

You mentioned planets not being useful, Necro. Remember in the old large MV when it was all one server, in the days when you couldn't get around the MV by spawning at transfer gates, the planets WERE important then. The MV was big enough that you needed a chain of shipyards to be effective. The planets should be important. That is one major way DS has changed from how it was meant to be.

Your absolutly right back then the planets ment soemthing and were used right. I think this idea is a logical next step in darkspace evolution. Nothing about darkspace would really change. Just now your own faction can be considered an enemy. Of course everyone wants to get on that kluth on kluth action ya know

No matter how hard they have tried. They havnt figured out how to nerf skill yet :P

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-05 17:33   
Definitely Sag only. I really like the idea of forced unification on Home servers.

I think there may need to be a bit of a rework on how fleets work though in this case. Theres just too much of a tempation that people will gravitate to the fleet with the most players which would really just run counter to everything its supposed to achieve.

-Ent

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-07-05 17:57   
Could put a cap on the number of people a fleet can have in it. Not only will that make it more even, but it will give smaller fleets an incentive to recruit new people and bigger fleets an incentive to be more selective about who they recruit.

Rebellion
Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2010-07-05 18:03   
Quote:

On 2010-07-05 14:24, Necrotic wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-07-05 08:38, Diep Luc wrote:
I love the idea of hiring fleetless players :">
I love the idea of the civil war faction. Real talent may be proven in the fight.
And I love you Necrotic, for being so innovative that make DS more interesting

hey everyoen loves me its like i told krim last night. I thought people were being rude when they shot at me. The truth is they love me and just wanna show affection

We ALL love you Necotic

\"War does not decide who is right, but who is left\"
\"I stopped fighting my inner demons we're on the same side now\"

Necrotic
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-07-05 18:32   
Quote:

On 2010-07-05 17:33, Enterprise wrote:
Definitely Sag only. I really like the idea of forced unification on Home servers.

I think there may need to be a bit of a rework on how fleets work though in this case. Theres just too much of a tempation that people will gravitate to the fleet with the most players which would really just run counter to everything its supposed to achieve.

-Ent

people gravitate to the major fleetws anyway. as a leader of one of the major fleets. we been trying to get people to go to the younger fleets. becuse it perpetuate the faction and not just the fleet.
Those fleets hwo have been around know the value of limiting the people who can join this makes each memeber more valuable. The major fleets as they are as it stands now people want to be in the bigger fleets becuse there is more people to talk to. If there was a reason to even have the smaller fleets like territorial control and a political structure. You would probably see more smaller fleets not less.

Lrd_Hunter
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-05 19:01   
bumping for mods check this thread out!!!!!!

-Shadowalker-™
Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-07-05 19:31   
Wow, civil war in the mv, thats something that is only seen in DS Lore. It would definitly give a purpose to planets again and tactics would hopefully be brought back aswell. Very nice idea, I like it.

Email -Shadowalker-™
Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-05 19:46   
Quote:

On 2010-07-05 18:32, Necrotic wrote:

people gravitate to the major fleets anyway. as a leader of one of the major fleets. we been trying to get people to go to the younger fleets. becuse it perpetuate the faction and not just the fleet.
Those fleets hwo have been around know the value of limiting the people who can join this makes each memeber more valuable. The major fleets as they are as it stands now people want to be in the bigger fleets becuse there is more people to talk to. If there was a reason to even have the smaller fleets like territorial control and a political structure. You would probably see more smaller fleets not less.

Not true, this would cause people to gravitate to the major fleets instead, as the major fleets would be able to take and hold more territory then a smaller fleet could. Also the bigger the fleet, the more members there are to work with at all hours of the day regardless of your location on the planet. The reasoning behind ICCU was to do just that, unite fleets of ICC under one banner, giving us a unified clan chat and the ability to call in players across the MV and lobby.

I do very much like this idea of each fleet being there own entity within a faction. All fleets are independent of one another. As in each fleet is an enemy of the others unless the leadership of each fleet allies with them, then in game you would be all treated as allies and all your planets become friends. This could cause the MV to be split up into several sub areas all at once, with each fleet hacking out there own cluster of planets. This would also require that the MV be one united F2 map. Unfleeted players would be unaffected by this to a point. You would still be able to pick which faction to play as that day BUT you would have no allies at all, a lone wolf. Alternatively you would all be clumped as allies but all the fleets are your enemy's. Cross faction alliances would be allowed as well BUT all there allies must accept it. Must take a majority for it to be ratified. This would prevent a strange 3 way battle, I am allied with fleet A but not Fleet B, yet A and B are allies with each other.

Strange things would become of this, an UGTO/ICC/Kluth fleet alliance could happen, with control over all 3 factions home-worlds. Things like a PB, RSM and ICCU alliance with one another, the current dominant top 3. If such an alliance happened, well there goes the neighborhood, the 3 most powerful fleets as one singe alliance. We could dominate the entire MV in a matter of a few hours, forcing a reset. On the completion of a reset, all alliances would be nullified and everything would be back to the start.

What of faction home gates? Like the ones over the 3 home-worlds? There should be a separate place for each fleet, a singe gate in deep space that is theirs. This gate would be located on the outskirts of a system of there choice with the normal 5k GU safe zone. With the current layout of ships even the ones you get from the gate are sufficient enough to take a planet or 2. This would also require a new fleet to have a lot of members at first before its creation, as it would require the devs to add it to the game. You also could just have it set automatically as well, so a fleet gets accepted and then the fleet creator can choose the location of there home gate. There would be a limit to how many home gates per a system, so more systems would need to be added to allow room for new fleets. This would show a growth to the game, the more fleets and systems, the bigger the game gets. The requirement for a fleet would be 10 members before it can be accepted, not 2 like it is now. Also a fleet can pool there credits if they wish, this would allow them to buy AI, and also the ability to buy a change of there home gate as well (space providing).

A system like this would ensure the survival of the game and would keep it interesting for players as alliances are formed and dissolved. A single system would be controlled by 5 or even 6 different fleets, all fighting one another over space. The MV would need to be big, and I mean BIG, to accommodate all the fleets, and to give each fleet breathing space. All the systems would need to be in clusters (planet wise) so as to have a fort to work from. Single planets would be pointless in this new system and clusters would be the only thing to have. You would be fighting cluster to cluster (much like how cinci is now which is awesome) making it difficult at best to gain a foothold.

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

There is a thin line between knowing when to give up and when to try harder.

Email Starcommander
Thugomatic
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-05 23:27   
I cant see it working without a fleet member cap. I think this has been brought up before and thrown out for the very reazon of too many peeps in one fleet would rule there side, however keeping it only too sag is another brilliant idear.

Not saying i dont like it though i love it, waz in jbudz event with the kluth vs kluth it waz a blast.

Necrotic
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-07-06 00:59   
you know the idea of containing this idea. why not do the exact opposit? sag would be nomral darkspace. but all the other servers could be apart of this idea. so we can have an active sag server but also have a reason to fight in the home servers. We have been needing something to do with the home servers anyway. ask yoruselfs how often do you personally visit your own faction home server?

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-06 05:42   
Quote:

On 2010-07-05 18:03, Grand Admiral CRAZY45 *TO* wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-07-05 14:24, Necrotic wrote:

We ALL love you Necotic

Therefore everybody presses spacebar when they're seduced by your RED name :">

I'm not good at English, so I may not get all your ideas. In a simple way, I guess Nec want to divide players in groups that faction is not related, and fight. Right? Oh, how I love LS, BS and Nest side-by-side jump and attack one target! Or MD, Aricourt and Ganglia spam to death.
[ This Message was edited by: Diep Luc on 2010-07-06 05:43 ]

Necrotic
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-07-06 06:04   
Quote:

On 2010-07-06 05:42, Diep Luc wrote:

I'm not good at English, so I may not get all your ideas. In a simple way, I guess Nec want to divide players in groups that faction is not related, and fight. Right? Oh, how I love LS, BS and Nest side-by-side jump and attack one target! Or MD, Aricourt and Ganglia spam to death.

your essentially correct. this opens up the possibily to have icc,ugo and kluth on the same side. becuse the alliance is based off the fleets and not the factions. So liek human nature fleets wil all gravitate in certain directions as they try to serve their own self intersts.

Fatal Perihelion
Chief Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2010-07-06 07:05   
I somehow wonder if there are enough players at all.

I fear there will be a lot of splinter groups which are forced to alie to do anything effectivley.
(minus all those who refuse to join fleets at all)
And then you will get back to what it was before, just with mixed up races.

The idea seems to have great acceptance and i dont want to stop you!

Its just that there will be a great chaos, which will end either in an unballanced OP, doimnating alliance, or in a ballanced order with mixed races but somehow the same as it is now, maybe just with 2 "factions"
instead of three.

Just because there are not enough players online all together.

Maybe i am wrong and all will go fine.
But there is a certain risk also if it doesnt work. Especialy new players might say: "What? I have 4 allied players online and they are devided all over the universe? This makes no sense, this game is stupid."

Windless Storm
Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-06 07:34   
Quote:

On 2010-07-06 06:04, Necrotic wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-07-06 05:42, Diep Luc wrote:

your essentially correct. this opens up the possibily to have icc,ugo and kluth on the same side. becuse the alliance is based off the fleets and not the factions. So liek human nature fleets wil all gravitate in certain directions as they try to serve their own self intersts.

i imagined it first ..

Goto the website of Windless Storm
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Page created in 0.023761 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR