- Weekly DarkSpace
05/18/24 +1.3 Days
- Towel Day
05/25/24 +7.6 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » a mv idea
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
 Author a mv idea
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-07-06 08:41   

Not a peep from the devs so far?

Windless Storm
Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-06 09:23   
Quote:

On 2010-07-06 08:41, Kenny_Naboo wrote:

this is the best and the most supported idea among all that is filling up the forums ...

DEVS .... say something...

Goto the website of Windless Storm
Wapan
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-06 09:32   
I think this is a great idea! It would definetly add to gameplay and make things more interesting. A couple of thoughts:

There needs to be an incentive for players to gravitate to smaller fleets/create new fleets, otherwise you would end up with 3 large fleets who would own the mv. A cap on the number of players may also be required, but are there enough players online for the cap to be effective? I think an alternative could be some sort of reward system (credits possibly), whereby based on the number of planets a fleet controls, a small amount of credits are given to the leader of that fleet and his executive officers. And I'm talking a very small amount, nothing that would unbalance the game. Possbily 1 or 2 per planet per hour a fleet controled a planet, or something like that. That amount wouldn't be enough to outright buy an enh, unless a fleet controlled a number of planets. What about the other members of a fleet? Well the leader could decide to either hoard the credits (risking a loss of members looking to have the same "free" advantage) or spread them evenly (meaning the larger the fleet the fewer free credits every member receives). Just a thought I wanted to put out there, discuss.

Also, just a comment about starcommands post regarding gates for every fleet. I think that would get redundant and would be tedious for the devs. I think the way it works now, with each faction having one gate in their home system with a 5kgu safe zone around it would be sufficient. No fleet would be able to own the gate or the area around it so everyone would at least start from the same point.

[ This Message was edited by: Wapan on 2010-07-06 09:33 ]

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-07-06 09:46   
The simplest way would be a cap on fleet members, maybe 20-25 or so. That's plenty enough people to give a fleet an advantage if they really pay attention to who they're recruiting, and it's also enough to give a fleet an advantage in pure numbers if they attack while most of a more experienced fleet is offline.

Necrotic
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-07-06 17:49   
Quote:

On 2010-07-06 09:46, Talien {SOE} wrote:
The simplest way would be a cap on fleet members, maybe 20-25 or so. That's plenty enough people to give a fleet an advantage if they really pay attention to who they're recruiting, and it's also enough to give a fleet an advantage in pure numbers if they attack while most of a more experienced fleet is offline.

the fleet cap is a good idea but a 25 member fleet cap? PB has 77 members do i ask 2/3rds of them to go play somewhere else?

No matter how hard they have tried. They havnt figured out how to nerf skill yet :P

nicklane1
2nd Rear Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-06 18:27   
My one and only fear with this is being fleetless is basicly asking to die. Most fleets might not even bother hiring them to fight for them, just sniff them out and kill them.

Email nicklane1   Goto the website of nicklane1
Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-07-06 18:35   
Fleet cap? No no ;

If people worry about pb to ally with iccu or rsm, that would never happen.Dont worry about that. Anyway we will always need a large fleet as enemy to regain credits against them. Larger fleets will need more credits for their bigger fleetpool and economy system.So larger fleets will need more space ,more planets to maintain the fleet cost. Smaller fleets could live with afew planets. According to Necrotic's idea everything should be based on credits/economy system. If you as a small fleet cap a whole system but dont have enough economic power or ship power to maintain those planets they would turn rebel. Basicly larger fleets will need more planets to have bigger fleetpool and will have to pay more credits to maintain them.

Necrotic
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-07-06 20:33   
Quote:

On 2010-07-06 18:35, Pakhos wrote:
Fleet cap? No no ;

If people worry about pb to ally with iccu or rsm, that would never happen.Dont worry about that. Anyway we will always need a large fleet as enemy to regain credits against them. Larger fleets will need more credits for their bigger fleetpool and economy system.So larger fleets will need more space ,more planets to maintain the fleet cost. Smaller fleets could live with afew planets. According to Necrotic's idea everything should be based on credits/economy system. If you as a small fleet cap a whole system but dont have enough economic power or ship power to maintain those planets they would turn rebel. Basicly larger fleets will need more planets to have bigger fleetpool and will have to pay more credits to maintain them.

exactly pak

No matter how hard they have tried. They havnt figured out how to nerf skill yet :P

Lrd_Hunter
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-07 01:58   
even with the fleet cap at 20 15 or whatever all the fleet in question would have to do is have someone else make a fleet and just allie with them so the make 25 fleet into a 50 fleet just taht simple

Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-07 02:19   
A cap on the number of alliances would fix this instead, so not a fleet number cap but a cap on how many alliances you can have. Or, none at all, the fear if there that the top 3 could ally, but most likely wouldn't at the start. Even if they did, everyone else would band together to fight against them, its the nature of the game. Also like I said, if say all 3 DID ally and cap the entire MV, it would be nullified once the reset takes place, and you could put a cool down on how long those 3 could ally with each-other again. So 24hrs after an alliance is terminated you can then offer it to that same fleet again.

This would take some work from the devs and wouldn't show up until late 1.5 or the start of 1.6 but it IS something that should be done.

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

There is a thin line between knowing when to give up and when to try harder.

Email Starcommander
Windless Storm
Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-07 03:18   
Instead of having cap on fleets members ... we can instead hav cap on the no of players an alliance can hav, that is conting all the players from all the fleets of an alliance ....

So no two or three big fleets can hav alliance. But a big fleet can hav alliance with 3 or 4 smaller fleets ...

For eg: Lets say that the alliance player cap is 100. Then if ICCU and PB cannot hav alliance bcose thier combined members exceeds cap
( 50+ + 70+ > 100)...

But ICCU can allign with two other smaller fleets ( let say they hav 15 and 20 players each ). Then 50+ + 15 + 20 < 100 .

Goto the website of Windless Storm
Lrd_Hunter
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-10 05:13   
that would work i guess but the fact would remain that bigger fleet control all of mv the best thing to do put this idea in without have the fleet allaince that the best way and easier way to do it.

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-07-10 10:22   
Quote:

On 2010-07-06 09:23, A.I. Virus wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-07-06 08:41, Kenny_Naboo wrote:

this is the best and the most supported idea among all that is filling up the forums ...

DEVS .... say something...

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-07-10 10:33   
You dont count as dev within the community Doran, oh maybe for your friendlist...

Rebellion
Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2010-07-10 10:38   
Devs it is a rare occasion that we ALL agree on something so if you could kindly say SOMETHING it would be nice .

\"War does not decide who is right, but who is left\"
\"I stopped fighting my inner demons we're on the same side now\"

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Page created in 0.034621 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR