Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Tellaris
17th - Oskar von Reuenthal

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » a mv idea
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
 Author a mv idea
Katejina
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-07-04 22:35   
Or make a new server with an old MV style map with tons of systems and have it under fleets controls and what not

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-07-04 22:49   
Quote:

On 2010-07-04 22:26, Necrotic wrote:

BTW having a kluth v kluth battle would be amazing.Anyone who ever played a star trek game and had a klingon v romulan fight would find this intersting. The possibilities are endless.

Oh man. I like this. K'luth vs K'luth.

It will be interesting, with both sides cloaking in and out.

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-04 23:02   
Quote:

On 2010-07-04 22:49, Kenny_Naboo wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-07-04 22:26, Necrotic wrote:

BTW having a kluth v kluth battle would be amazing.Anyone who ever played a star trek game and had a klingon v romulan fight would find this intersting. The possibilities are endless.

Oh man. I like this. K'luth vs K'luth.

It will be interesting, with both sides cloaking in and out.

In that case I wonder how an ICC vs ICC would look like......
Missle war!!!! Would see alot of missles and pulses (so ICC can finally use pulse wave to full effect).

An UGTO vs UGTO war would look kinda......like a capital ship fest.
No need for anti-cloak EW ships or PD boats.

Necrotic
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-07-04 23:09   
a inter factional fight between the fleets in any faction would be intersting msotly becuse it doesnt ever happen. your normal strategy would go out the window when you have to basicly fight yourself. who would win w ranged fight between icc v icc. I for one put my money on icc

No matter how hard they have tried. They havnt figured out how to nerf skill yet :P

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-07-04 23:16   
Quote:

On 2010-07-04 23:09, Necrotic wrote:
a inter factional fight between the fleets in any faction would be intersting msotly becuse it doesnt ever happen. your normal strategy would go out the window when you have to basicly fight yourself. who would win w ranged fight between icc v icc. I for one put my money on icc

LOL. The ICC side with the most missile dreads.

Or maybe even those MFs.....

Lrd_Hunter
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-05 03:32   
need dev to look at this if you think about it no more need for ew ships and so and so on would cut down on QQ greatly and make the game more fun.

Windless Storm
Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-05 03:45   

Just imagine if a fleet each from three factions get together and declare war at u .... It would be very frightning ... Kluths cloaked around ... uggies getting close and dirty ... and icc fleet spamming at u from 1kG< ! Onefully coordinated attack by three diff kind of fleets..
It would be a horrible nightmare .......

It will make the DS more interesting ... and you will need solid tactics to deal with such attacks .....

DEV shoul really hav look at this Idea ..

[ This Message was edited by: A.I. Virus on 2010-07-05 03:48 ]

[ This Message was edited by: A.I. Virus on 2010-07-05 03:49 ]

Goto the website of Windless Storm
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-07-05 04:05   
If this doesn't work out, then at least give us a Fleet Wars server .

Your fleet is green. Everyone else is red.....
Unfleeted freelancers will see each other as green, and all fleeted players as red.

Woo hoo....

The question is. Pres loss/gain on or off?

Necrotic
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-07-05 04:05   
we all know and have known that the planets them selves are absolutly useless unless your going for cap pres or u need a depot. At this particular time winning or loosing any planet doesnt matter. However if you put this idea into effect. every planet absolutly matters becuse that planet just might be your fleets only planet. People have said this should be resticted to sag i would go so far to say this idea could very well spill into all the server and create conflict on all of them. Something we all have wanted forever. To make the home systems a viable battleground.

you could feasibly have fleets owning territory in an opposing factions home system or even in procryon. Your own race would be at odds with each other to maintain control over your races homeworld.

Name a fleet who wouldnt want to control the largest planet available and essentially the seat of power for your race. Might even be nessicary for the fleets to create officers spacificly for diplomacy(imagin that?).

To the devs think about this if people are fighting their own faction. They are essentially loosing more enh.Thus they are spending more money. Im sure thats a terrible idea. Who would want to make more money

ok now that i got the devs attention. Lets keep goin maybe we can build on this idea and create a future in darkspace that is better then anywhere else is that not why we are all here? (still hre ins some cases)

No matter how hard they have tried. They havnt figured out how to nerf skill yet :P

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-05 04:54   
The thing is that three fleets benefit from this the most: RSM, PB and ICCU, the three biggest fleets in each given faction. They'd control most if not all of the UGTO, K'Luth and ICC armada, respectively.

I'm not too sure whether it's a big 'want' to give these factions more power and, effectively, the authority to ex-communicate or evict a fleet they don't like from their faction by declaring them KOS, for example.

As much as it sounds interesting there are complications that could arise from implementing this... I'm not too sure whether I am really fond of that, although I would enjoy some more depth to the game.

Necrotic
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-07-05 06:26   
thats a fair arguement bard. The beauty of it is pb,rsm and iccu might be the largest fleet of their perspective factions but doesnt mean for example iccu could go against fs and raven and any other icc fleet. Could rsm beat both gtn and uff? Could pb truely stand alone amongst the fleets of the kluth? Anouther good question it would also be possibel that an alliance could be formed even cross factional to counter pb,rsm,and iccu from getting to powerful. Could the 3 top fleets beable to fight everyone else including their own faction while serving their own intersts?

Takeing real world examples. Could the united states truely stand on its own? Could Brazil(taking a randon non majoy power) be totally insignificant to usa,uk,Russia or china? During world war 2 was canada's involvent be considered any less then that of any of the other countries involved.

The key here is sure the top fleets right now have alot of power. However it doesnt mean it would stay that way. As it is now the major fleets have that power anyway. This idea will make them work to keep their power. The icc united(fs,raven and iccu togethor could in essence wipe out particularly pb or rsm from the game. Never having once gone to war with kluth or ugto. The problem with being king of the mountain is now you will have a target on your front and on your back. Even the major fleets will have to in some way be diplomatic or suffer annhilation.

There is also the matter of the unfleeted people. The people particualry could swing the power in any direction. It would also make fleets more guarded against faction hoppers but at the same time fleets could in essence buy them off.

This also has to account for the entire metaverse. any fleet including pb and rsm would be stretched pretty thin trying to defend an entire server. They have to choose their own ability to logisticly beable to control worlds. How far can their control go with out making themselves vulnerable? This of course is a very difficult desicion that has a basis in real life strategy. The fleets must maintain basicly their own empires. As we all know empires are easy to grow but very difficult to maintain. In a world such as ours were resources and in our case also planets. Your own allies could very well turn on you becuse of their own lust for power or need for the resources they dont have.

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-05 08:38   
I love the idea of hiring fleetless players :">
I love the idea of the civil war faction. Real talent may be proven in the fight.
And I love you Necrotic, for being so innovative that make DS more interesting

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-07-05 09:01   
Quote:

On 2010-07-05 08:38, Diep Luc wrote:

And I love you Necrotic, for being so innovative that make DS more interesting

But do you really love him long time, GI?

LightBreaker
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-05 09:31   
Just Amazing I Gonna Love If The Game Become Like That o.O
Waiting For The Dev Voice o.O!!!

Atte
:
LightBreaker.

UFF-Fleet Commander
Faster Than Light!

Email LightBreaker
Silent Threat { Vier }
Marshal
Anarchy's End

Posted: 2010-07-05 10:20   
Hmm, right away I thought: No, Don't screw around with DS too much, but then as I read more, I started thinking: Could be interesting if done properly.

You mentioned planets not being useful, Necro. Remember in the old large MV when it was all one server, in the days when you couldn't get around the MV by spawning at transfer gates, the planets WERE important then. The MV was big enough that you needed a chain of shipyards to be effective. The planets should be important. That is one major way DS has changed from how it was meant to be.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Page created in 0.022098 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR