Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Tellaris
17th - Oskar von Reuenthal

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » a mv idea
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
 Author a mv idea
Necrotic
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-07-04 18:52   
Ive had an idea for a long time wanted to see what everyone thought. What if the factions were removed from the mv and the fleets themselves where the holders of terrritory. this would creat a political structure with in your race. You could ally or be enemies to people of your own race.

Fighting an enemy would encourage for example icc to unify v the kluth or ugto or they themselves could fight amonst each other for control over icc space or any other faction for that matter. I think the factions themselves are too binding and removing this would be an amzing improvment to the game. It would create a new political structure on how you deal with ur own race fleets and the fleets of other races.

You could even theorize that it would be possible for differnt races to ally or war depending on the politics between them for example a ugto fleet could ally with an icc one but not nessicarily be friendly with icc,kluth or even ugto themselves.

I guess the closest game to compare this type of political structure would be eve. The corporations are not forced to ally or be enemies with anyone including people of their own race.

let me know what you guys think it might not even be possible to implement into darkspace. However back in the old mv fleets had territorial control. Like this fleet owns this planet etc..

No matter how hard they have tried. They havnt figured out how to nerf skill yet :P

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-07-04 19:24   
This could be a fun idea, but I wouldn't suggest the MV as a whole be set up like that.....maybe just Sagittarius and leave the rest as they are now.

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-04 19:28   
It really is an intriguing idea. It gives an incredible kind of importance to fleets which lacks any real practicality.

I do wonder though, what about fleetless players? Do they autojoin a specfic NPC fleet or what?

But its an interesting idea, it would make Darkspace very much like EvE in this regard and im not sure I wouldn't like it.

-Ent

Necrotic
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-07-04 19:35   
Quote:

On 2010-07-04 19:28, Enterprise wrote:
It really is an intriguing idea. It gives an incredible kind of importance to fleets which lacks any real practicality.

I do wonder though, what about fleetless players? Do they autojoin a specfic NPC fleet or what?

But its an interesting idea, it would make Darkspace very much like EvE in this regard and im not sure I wouldn't like it.

-Ent

thats the beauty of it enterprise fleetless people could be mercs,pirates and bounty hunters think about it

No matter how hard they have tried. They havnt figured out how to nerf skill yet :P

Coeus
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2010-07-04 19:46   
I find myself liking the idea... but I do agree with Tailen - make it so that it's Sag only - this would be a damn good reason to keep the MV separate - in Sag, it's Fleet-For-All (like how I did that? ), in the home servers & NPC servers it's Factional Priority.

This way the actions of an individual in a fleet actually matter - it's not just "Oh, he's a pain & screwed up our bombing run, lets not ask him to do anything from now on & not fly with him." Instead it'd be "He's a pain & screwed up our bombing run, and if his fleet doesn't capitulate to this set of demands we go to war with them in the Sag server."

It's a bit of a shift from the DS of olde... but if you read the Retouched History, it is one that has been foreshadowed by DS's own lore.

ICC Security Council Chief Enforcer

Email Coeus   Goto the website of Coeus
Rebellion
Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2010-07-04 19:51   
i like this idea it would have to be explained more but i think it has merit.

\"War does not decide who is right, but who is left\"
\"I stopped fighting my inner demons we're on the same side now\"

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-07-04 19:52   
Quote:

On 2010-07-04 19:35, Necrotic wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-07-04 19:28, Enterprise wrote:

-Ent

thats the beauty of it enterprise fleetless people could be mercs,pirates and bounty hunters think about it

I like that idea.....unfleeted people could be hired by a fleet for specific things, in the literal sense considering they could be paid in actual credits.

Necrotic
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-07-04 19:57   
realisticly there is always more infighting then there is actual war with the enemy. To actually go to war with an entire race like kluth you would need your faction to be unified. This also plays into a strategy of deviding your enemy on their own self interests. Maybe a little espionage and maybe even the smaller fleets all join up togethor(a unified cross factional alliance bases on smaller fleets and non fleeted) and throw all of us older fleets out this is an intersting prospect now the older fleets have to pay attention to the younger ones and the non fleeted as they themselves try to maintain their own power. The possibilties are endless.

Shath
Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-07-04 20:26   
Quote:

OP

good idea i luv the corps in EVE even tho EVE gamepolay just kinda sucks

[ This Message was edited by: Shigernafy on 2010-07-04 21:47 ]

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-07-04 21:25   

Interesting idea Nec.

Though it would make the concept kinda like EVE... what with corporations and all, even same race fighting each other.

I could see how this could apply to K'luths, as they're run in tribes. But how would it apply to UGTO or ICC, who're supposed to be united? They're sort of a standard Navy after all.

On the other hand, if it works, there would have to be some kind of system in place to determine which fleet on your faction would be in ....
- Alliance
- Neutral/Ceasefire
- Enemy/Hostile

...state.

Eg. Kluth vs Kluth. Allied fleets should be able to see each other when cloaked, and use each other's datalink (ie. see what they see on F2).
Neutral and Hostile ships will be treated just like any other hoonam ship. If they cloak, you won't see them. Granted, this will make fleets have to ally with each other to work together... otherwise there would be utter confusion.

Also, how would pres be handed out for killing hostile fleets of your own faction? Halved?

This will change the face of DS. LOL.

darkcow300
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-04 21:29   
Nice idea would diversify gameplay.
especially now that the MV has lost alot of it's attractiveness.

But we have to think that it's a major change might be a little too much to ask this is a free to play game after all.

all is in the Devs hands now.

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-07-04 21:34   
Wow, this idea somehow sounds perfect. With the new economy system,planet values, fleet credits and enh pools..Well it is just great!

Light-of-Aurora
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-04 21:49   
Sounds pretty cool, but hard to do. Maybe have fleet members green, everyone else yellow, and have anyone your fleet has 'declared war' on as red.
Wouldn't there be issues with 'friendly fire,' neutral parties that are 'hired,' and the RoC? The rulebook would need a bit of adjustment...

Email Light-of-Aurora
Rebellion
Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2010-07-04 22:09   
maybe a Seprate "Fleet wars" server like sag?

\"War does not decide who is right, but who is left\"
\"I stopped fighting my inner demons we're on the same side now\"

Necrotic
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-07-04 22:26   
Quote:

On 2010-07-04 21:25, Kenny_Naboo wrote:

Interesting idea Nec.

Though it would make the concept kinda like EVE... what with corporations and all, even same race fighting each other.

I could see how this could apply to K'luths, as they're run in tribes. But how would it apply to UGTO or ICC, who're supposed to be united? They're sort of a standard Navy after all.

On the other hand, if it works, there would have to be some kind of system in place to determine which fleet on your faction would be in ....
- Alliance
- Neutral/Ceasefire
- Enemy/Hostile

...state.

Eg. Kluth vs Kluth. Allied fleets should be able to see each other when cloaked, and use each other's datalink (ie. see what they see on F2).
Neutral and Hostile ships will be treated just like any other hoonam ship. If they cloak, you won't see them. Granted, this will make fleets have to ally with each other to work together... otherwise there would be utter confusion.

Also, how would pres be handed out for killing hostile fleets of your own faction? Halved?

This will change the face of DS. LOL.

to answer yoru question kenny human factions as we all know are just as prone to infighting as any alien race ever. Also we have been talking before about having some sort of supreme commanders for your factions to both represent your faction but also lead your faction. This idea would automaticly create this based on who has the most power in the faction. Now about the kluth v kluth idea or whatever faction v same faction. I remember an event jbud had awhile back when he put iccu v iccu,ugto v ugto, and kluth v kluth. This idea can be adoped on a larger scale.

BTW having a kluth v kluth battle would be amazing.Anyone who ever played a star trek game and had a klingon v romulan fight would find this intersting. The possibilities are endless. Think about this lets take fs v raven would be an interesting fight to say the least or maybe pb v wolf or rsm v gtn. Not to say any of those would actually happen but it being possible is a very intriguing prospect. Fleets would actually have to have an alliance becuse they choose to not becuse they are in the same race and are forced to.

[ This Message was edited by: Necrotic on 2010-07-04 22:28 ]

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Page created in 0.040638 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR