No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +6.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » did sparrows just get nerfed or buffed?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
 Author did sparrows just get nerfed or buffed?
-Daedalus-
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-06-25 10:02   
Argh why is it everytime the UGTO want something changed (most time nerfed) it's done quickly yet the rest of us can't even get heard or at least not shot down with ideas/suggestions/complaints.

Gromit
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-06-25 12:50   
Quote:

On 2010-06-25 10:02, Daedalus wrote:
Argh why is it everytime the UGTO want something changed (most time nerfed) it's done quickly yet the rest of us can't even get heard or at least not shot down with ideas/suggestions/complaints.

What? Just a few weeks ago there was a 10 page thread QQing over UGTO using stations. Here you get sparrow missiles in record time, (holy crap something actually got done in close to two weeks) some UGTO start QQing over them and somehow it is any different?

You guys keep telling UGTO to learn to use tactics, where were ICC's tactics a month ago?

How about this. Everyone chills out and we let the dev's make the changes they are going to make. It will all settle out in the end.

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-06-25 13:13   
Quote:

On 2010-06-25 12:50, Gromit wrote:
What? Just a few weeks ago there was a 10 page thread QQing over UGTO using stations. Here you get sparrow missiles in record time, (holy crap something actually got done in close to two weeks) some UGTO start QQing over them and somehow it is any different?

You guys keep telling UGTO to learn to use tactics, where were ICC's tactics a month ago?

How about this. Everyone chills out and we let the dev's make the changes they are going to make. It will all settle out in the end.

Except here UGTO are being GIVEN tactics to use against MFs, but most of them ignore the suggestions and complain that it's too much work. When ICC was complaining about Station spam all we got was basically "lol learn2play".

As far as I know Jim Starluck is the only one working on the new ship layouts, from what I understand they've been in the works for far longer than the brief period of time between the rage against Station spam to when the new Frigates were released, it was not a quick fix to cater to ICC as UGTO have the same missiles and a new Frigate to use them. Sparrows are, however, already being changed because of all the UGTO complaining about how "OP" they are.

Kaoschan
Fleet Admiral
Interstellar Cultural Confederation United

Posted: 2010-06-25 13:17   
missile count reduced from 26 to 20,
range reduced to 1600 gu (wth .. thats way to low)

K'luth Hunter - Recon ~Ping~ Scout - ECCM for the Team, to beat the K'luth!

Goto the website of Kaoschan
Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2010-06-25 13:34   
Quote:

On 2010-06-25 10:02, Daedalus wrote:

Wow, really? I think you may be blinded by your factional allegiance.

Email Shigernafy
Gromit
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-06-25 13:50   
Quote:

On 2010-06-25 13:13, Talien wrote:
Except here UGTO are being GIVEN tactics to use against MFs, but most of them ignore the suggestions and complain that it's too much work. When ICC was complaining about Station spam all we got was basically "lol learn2play".

As far as I know Jim Starluck is the only one working on the new ship layouts, from what I understand they've been in the works for far longer than the brief period of time between the rage against Station spam to when the new Frigates were released, it was not a quick fix to cater to ICC as UGTO have the same missiles and a new Frigate to use them. Sparrows are, however, already being changed because of all the UGTO complaining about how "OP" they are.

Of coarse they are changing sparrows, it is a brand new weapon. Dark Space has a small player base and it is pretty easy to understand that not everything gets beta tested as well as it should. The developers have little choice but to make a change to the game and then tweak it as necessary.

You are just making yourself look bias and ignorant making accusations about entire factions. There is [u]zero[/u] difference in my mind between ICC complaining a month ago and UGTO complaining now so get off your high horse.

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-06-25 16:48   
Quote:

On 2010-06-25 13:50, Gromit wrote:

Of coarse they are changing sparrows, it is a brand new weapon. Dark Space has a small player base and it is pretty easy to understand that not everything gets beta tested as well as it should. The developers have little choice but to make a change to the game and then tweak it as necessary.

You are just making yourself look bias and ignorant making accusations about entire factions. There is [u]zero[/u] difference in my mind between ICC complaining a month ago and UGTO complaining now so get off your high horse.

Apparently my point went straight over your head, maybe I was a little too subtle, so I'll say it more plainly.

Quote:
Sparrows are, however, already being changed because of all the UGTO complaining about how "OP" they are.

was intended as a sarcastic "touché" to your comment about Sparrows (which, again UGTO also has) being introduced as a direct result of ICC complaining about UGTO Station spam.

Drafell
Grand Admiral
Mythica

Posted: 2010-06-25 17:25   
People seem to forget that there are two other missiles in the first Tier.

Changes needed to be made to all of these, and it was always planned that values would be tweaked following their push to release.

The reason for the range reduction to 1600gu is to take into accounts some planned changes to the range of electronic warfare devices, as well the range extension enhancements. It is still possible to get up 2260gu range when enhanced, or optionally you can try damage and charge rate modifications.

Goto the website of Drafell
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
Page created in 0.011913 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR