No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +6.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » did sparrows just get nerfed or buffed?
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
 Author did sparrows just get nerfed or buffed?
Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-06-24 01:54   
"Both nerfed and buffed tier one missiles to bring them more in line with the intended performance profile."

latest beta update.

were sparrows nerfed or buffed?

mannythepogs
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-06-24 02:37   
with the QQ of the sparrow missile, most probably nerf...

LMAO, goodbye MF, hello station war again, all i can see smiling now is Uggies Station users.. LMAO

Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2010-06-24 03:12   
[sarcasm]We must all praise Died 1000 deaths for this nerf, he is the one who brought it up and now its gonna get nerfed. May he forever see the imbalances in the game and bring them to light. [/sarcasm]

Case in point, ICC got sommin really good (and UGTO little did they know how to use such a thing) and now its going to be gone again. Well at least def mode was something good after the many updates of nerf ICC nerf ICC. Yet despite all that we overcame such things and are still trucking away. Maybe its because we need a little skill to fly such broken ships, (energy drain/shield rotations/basic piloting) rather then mash space-bar and turn the ship.

The MF was a wonderful ship made specially to KILL STATIONS, and to a lesser extent DREADS. With wolf packs of that ship it was made to hunt the idiot who thought he was safe in all that armor.....

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

There is a thin line between knowing when to give up and when to try harder.

Email Starcommander
jamesbob
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-06-24 03:33   
Quote:

On 2010-06-24 03:12, Starcommand of ICC *XO* wrote:
[sarcasm]We must all praise Died 1000 deaths for this nerf, he is the one who brought it up and now its gonna get nerfed. May he forever see the imbalances in the game and bring them to light. [/sarcasm]

Case in point, ICC got sommin really good (and UGTO little did they know how to use such a thing) and now its going to be gone again. Well at least def mode was something good after the many updates of nerf ICC nerf ICC. Yet despite all that we overcame such things and are still trucking away. Maybe its because we need a little skill to fly such broken ships, (energy drain/shield rotations/basic piloting) rather then mash space-bar and turn the ship.

The MF was a wonderful ship made specially to KILL STATIONS, and to a lesser extent DREADS. With wolf packs of that ship it was made to hunt the idiot who thought he was safe in all that armor.....

personaly i never had a problem with it but then again i just perfer cruisers assault covets and stations (TORP CRUISER ABOVE ALL COME ON)

hey at least you got defence mode

when i go to blow away a icc rear defences with a point jump i suddenly find its getter very hard to blow off their rear shield .

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-06-24 04:53   

Would be nice if the devs told everyone specifically what was nerfed or buffed, and how.

Personally I'd be disappointed if the Sparrow's damage or performance were reduced in anyway. They gave small ships a chance.

Kaoschan
Fleet Admiral
Interstellar Cultural Confederation United

Posted: 2010-06-24 05:04   
missile count reduced? damage reduced? speed reduced? accuracy reduced? turn rate reduced?

man .... why? just because the Station players screamed "OP!!!" it needs a nerf? really?

i mean it was the only somewhat-save ship for new(!) guys which they could use to help in battles without either

1) dieing a lot
2) not getting much prestige

Station/Dreadspace being endangered therefor the sparrow needs to be weaker. oh poor poor player who only got stations or dreads in their garage .. poor guys.

Let me whine too!

Armour repair rate is OP! add a repair modififer of 0.5-0.75 for all repair drones/depots so that repairing armour takes up to 2x longer!
[/whinemode]

[ This Message was edited by: Kaoschan on 2010-06-24 05:06 ]

K'luth Hunter - Recon ~Ping~ Scout - ECCM for the Team, to beat the K'luth!

Goto the website of Kaoschan
Azure Prower
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-06-24 05:16   
Yeah, I'm disappointed if sparrows have been nerfed.

Especially when it is so easy to counter them. Just the people in dreads and stations are too lazy to jump into an interdictor because "oh no, it's a weaker ship! Dreads and stations should own ever thing!"

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-06-24 05:22   
Whats the big deal? I have seen three of those little missle spitters in the last week trying to do standoff. I pj'd them in my Krill and Siphon, and 1 sec later they were no more. What's the problem?

Taking ANYTHING from ICC is like taking Linus' blanket - expect much cry.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Kaoschan
Fleet Admiral
Interstellar Cultural Confederation United

Posted: 2010-06-24 05:34   
Quote:

On 2010-06-24 05:22, Azreal wrote:
Whats the big deal? I have seen three of those little missle spitters in the last week trying to do standoff. I pj'd them in my Krill and Siphon, and 1 sec later they were no more. What's the problem?

Taking ANYTHING from ICC is like taking Linus' blanket - expect much cry.

Because point-jumping is a lot hard work for those dreads and stuff ... ya know hard work...

btw. UGTO have the exact SAME Frigate with missiles, its even a bit better due to having partical cannons.

K'luth Hunter - Recon ~Ping~ Scout - ECCM for the Team, to beat the K'luth!

Goto the website of Kaoschan
Died~2000~Deaths[+R]*CC*
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2010-06-24 05:35   
ok lets look.ICC have shields o and they rotate o ya they can also repaire shields fast i know this because i have used them, so my question is when r they gonna give UGTO or KLUTH some new goodies . The sparrow missle is a good missle but over powered for a FRIG put them on a dread or crusier or something big makes more sense. just a thought.

Email Died~2000~Deaths[+R]*CC*
Azure Prower
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-06-24 05:35   
Kluth don't have the missiles and they get a nice counter for them. So that works fine.

How ever strictly speaking ICC vs UGTO, both ways. What's any one with out a dread or station suppose to do? Throw themselves head first to be popped by them? Or be some one's supply ship slave until they reach the rank they need to play with the "big boys"?

Not to mention when you reach Dreads and Stations, should you be bottlenecked into playing only them to stand a chance in combat?

Quote:

On 2010-06-24 05:35, Died~1000~Deaths wrote:
ok lets look.ICC have shields o and they rotate o ya they can also repaire shields fast i know this because i have used them, so my question is when r they gonna give UGTO or KLUTH some new goodies . The sparrow missle is a good missle but over powered for a FRIG put them on a dread or crusier or something big makes more sense. just a thought.

Oh yes. ICC are awesome with their shields. That's why they win 1v1 head to head against UGTO every time.

[/sarcasm]

Want to trade our "over powered missile ballistic arc" and our shields for your armor?

Don't forget Harriers have sparrows and there was little difference in playing it compared to the missile frigate.
[ This Message was edited by: Azure Prower on 2010-06-24 05:39 ]

Drafell
Grand Admiral
Mythica

Posted: 2010-06-24 05:38   
I redid the stats for them so that we have enough 'room' for the Tier Two and Tier Three missiles, to take into greater account the effect of enhancements on these devices and also to help reduce the overall CPU load on the servers.

As an overview:

* Maximum Range is reduced.
* Damage is increased.
* Arm delay is reduced.
* Energy use is increased.
* Fire rate is decreased.

The end result is that they are still potent, but not quite as easily spammable by a single user.

Goto the website of Drafell
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-06-24 05:44   
Quote:

On 2010-06-24 05:35, Died~1000~Deaths wrote:

You've got to be joking.

Put another powerful missile on a dread??

As if dreads don't have enough firepower already.

[ This Message was edited by: Kenny_Naboo on 2010-06-24 05:45 ]

Azure Prower
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-06-24 05:54   
Quote:

On 2010-06-24 05:38, Drafell wrote:
* Fire rate is decreased.

The end result is that they are still potent, but not quite as easily spammable by a single user.

If a dread/station can easily regenerate faster than a single missile frigate/harrier damaging them, I'll be sorely disappointed. They already could out regen a sparrow attack by sitting next to a planet, then once the Mfrigate/harrier ran out of missiles, reloaded and returned: the dread/station was full health again.

Since they can get lucky, the dread/station can still jump to them to pop them in one volley of fire. People may as well go back to spamming dreads/stations to determine who wins.

Drafell
Grand Admiral
Mythica

Posted: 2010-06-24 06:08   
@ Azure - A single frigate is not supposed to be a threat to a dreadnought or station.

Goto the website of Drafell
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Page created in 0.017921 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR