No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +13.6 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

1st - Alamode

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » In light of recent changes....
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 )
 Author In light of recent changes....
Zero28
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-06-08 23:34   
i don't think you should worry about ho many pingers there will be with the grouping, You gonna get beacon spammed anyway, and that only takes 1 Ping
19:33:51 [ZION]GothThug {C?}: "Zero..you are DS's hero"

SPaRTaN Z
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-06-09 00:02   
tbh,. you don't even need a ping,.
who needs a scanner anyway?..?

>>sorry for being unconstructive <<
[ This Message was edited by: SPaRTaN Z (Star Fox) on 2010-06-09 00:05 ]

Aradrox
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-06-09 02:22   
well the only dread icc has that has alot of eccm is the Missle dread about useless against luth unless its a Hive wich cloak is rather useless with anyways the AD has 1 the CD has 2 UGTO EAD has NO eccm wich i think one should be added now as far as cruiser go maybe some eccm downscalling is in place but i think the dreads are fine with what eccm they have atm and dont ask for a stations eccm to be downscalled they need it to survive the luth in the first place they should have alot of it dont cloak near a station u dont gota and never should unless getting ready to attack

Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2010-06-09 03:47   
Quote:

On 2010-06-09 02:22, Fleet Admiral Aranox wrote:
well the only dread icc has that has alot of eccm is the Missle dread about useless against luth unless its a Hive wich cloak is rather useless with anyways the AD has 1 the CD has 2 UGTO EAD has NO eccm wich i think one should be added now as far as cruiser go maybe some eccm downscalling is in place but i think the dreads are fine with what eccm they have atm and dont ask for a stations eccm to be downscalled they need it to survive the luth in the first place they should have alot of it dont cloak near a station u dont gota and never should unless getting ready to attack

CD has 1 just like every other ICC ship, the Combat Dessy dosn't have one at all.

The MD and Command Carrier both have 3 slots the CD and AD both have 1, the bomber dread also has 3 but you never hunt luth in one lol.

Stations have 4 but the LS has only 1.

The UGTO Battle Dread has 1 but the EAD has none (also has no fighters either).

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

There is a thin line between knowing when to give up and when to try harder.

Email Starcommander
SPaRTaN Z
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-06-09 04:27   
put a beacon on the EAD,. now thats an OP picket dessie,.
You guys aren't really seeing the point,...
perhaps a controlled fight might be in order here to test balance,.
we are gonna need atleast 20 for the test,. but that is what this thread is about,.. Kluth being underpowered when there are mass numbers,...

How about letting kluth fire some weapons while cloaked,. or staging eccm effectiveness,. or perhaps quadrupling ecm effectiveness for kluth only,. or perhaps another variant for ecm which is twice as powerful and for kluth only.,. or or or,.... this IS a problem for kluth,.. And its already recognised,. ppl trying to oppose a Kluth buff are trippen,... you want it too easy,. EOS.

SPaRTaN Z
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-06-09 04:31   
we are gonna need atleast 20 for the test,. but that is what this thread is about,.. Kluth being underpowered when there are mass numbers,...

How about letting kluth fire some weapons while cloaked,. or staging eccm effectiveness,. or perhaps quadrupling ecm effectiveness for kluth only,. or perhaps another variant for ecm which is twice as powerful and for kluth only.,. or or or,.... this IS a problem for kluth,.. And its already recognised,. ppl trying to oppose a Kluth buff are trippen,... you want it too easy,. EOS.

Rebellion
Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2010-06-09 16:13   
Quote:

On 2010-06-09 04:31, SPaRTaN Z (Star Fox) wrote:

ware when and in what

but about k - luth being abele to fire cloaked Hell no

i dont think k luth need s buff thay are just fine ware thay are but if thay do get buffed icc will do even worse vs k luth

\"War does not decide who is right, but who is left\"
\"I stopped fighting my inner demons we're on the same side now\"

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-06-09 16:48   
Quote:

On 2010-06-08 17:56, Azreal wrote:
In fact, since ICC doesnt know how to ping (at least I havent seen one refute Lark's attempt at telling me how they ping, which if true means they in fact do not know how to ping) perhaps we should just force a decloak on all K'Luth ships when they are in range with any of their weapons. This would help us balance ICC to Kluth as well as what UGTO seems to be.

Many ICC ships have many missiles, so ICC won't hunt Kluth like UGTO does, since ECCM range is 250gu. Unless someone in assault class ship, otherwise no one cares/dares hunting Kluth.
But even there are even number of AD to Kluth dread, I don't think ICC will hunt Kluth. Basically directing shield requires skill, and it's tired to do most of the time. Only does it when the situation forces.

I suggest ICC pulse wave (V) can decloak Kluth for 5 seconds. Pulse wave has the range of 250gu so it won't be a big threat to kluth I believe.

Lark of Serenity
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2010-06-10 18:00   
kluth firing while cloaked has been tried. it was a bit ridiculous. please never bring that back.

heres an interesting thought: you do realize kluth die much much less than ICC or UGTO pilots do? do you find that this is because kluth arent engaging in real combat or because cloak gives them a superior ability to sneak away as it should, and thus works as its meant to already?

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-06-10 18:48   
Quote:

On 2010-06-10 18:00, Lark of Serenity wrote:
kluth firing while cloaked has been tried. it was a bit ridiculous. please never bring that back.

heres an interesting thought: you do realize kluth die much much less than ICC or UGTO pilots do? do you find that this is because kluth arent engaging in real combat or because cloak gives them a superior ability to sneak away as it should, and thus works as its meant to already?

Lark it is 2 sided sharp blade.Really look into ship repair ranking. First kluth name appears at 8th place and it is coombie. Now, see the difference between coombie and 1st place Steve ... I think dying isnt that bad at all.

Note:Xplisit isnt always kluth.He plays 3 faction.

Okkam
Marshal

Posted: 2010-06-10 18:54   
In my honest experience, when K'luth have about the same numbers or slightly less numbers than any of the races then we turn up, kill most of their fleet and run UNLESS the fleet has the comfort of 16 sensor plats, 1 picket, 1 anti sensor scout, 4 stations, 3 EADs and a BD, then we're screwed.

The thing to really discuss is ECCM and ECM. If you have a half defended area of space with 10 ECCM plats on it then K'luth wont come anywhere near it because it takes (almost literally) 2 minutes to decloak BEFORE you can fire. At which point every single hostile ship in the known solar system jumps to you and proceeds to mash spacebar as you pointlessly try to evade and re-cloak which takes a further 2 minutes.

(the 2 minute thing is a exaggeration but not by alot you know...)

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-06-10 19:14   
Quote:

On 2010-06-10 18:54, SilentHunter13 wrote:
In my honest experience, when K'luth have about the same numbers or slightly less numbers than any of the races then we turn up, kill most of their fleet and run UNLESS the fleet has the comfort of 16 sensor plats, 1 picket, 1 anti sensor scout, 4 stations, 3 EADs and a BD, then we're screwed.

If only that was really the case.
We really dont run so much from the sensor plats, as we are just not going to jump into a planet ringed with them only to die. At some point we come back and get them, but usually only when we know we have overwhelming firepower.
Firepower is not the same as numbers. Just because we each have 10 players doesnt matter if one side station spams and the other side can spawnn maybe 3 dreads tops.

As far as your ship callout, your still slightly off. Not unrealistically so, but off. They seldom spawn a picket and an anti-sensor scout at same time.No need to. Most likely there would be more BDs than EADs. Also, there is no accounting for the recent increase in the amount of Command and Carrier dreads. What is the ew slot count on those ships? If they have these bigger ships in a good mix, there is simply no need at that point for a scout or picket. The eccm pinged in coordination is just as effective, and instead of a pew pew scout, you are coming with all high damage ships against the pinged target.

Quote:

The thing to really discuss is ECCM and ECM.

This has been my biggest point of the whole thread. To have them look at the electronic warfare slots on the ships, especially the dreads and stations. The cruisers seem a bit overdone as well.
I looked at the ICC, and though I understand the reason for MDs to have a large amount of ew slots, I can also see where this can potentially be an issue as well. But I dont see the things that I would do if I was ICC with those ships, so until I do, I wont be as adamant about ICC.

UGTO on the other hand does need some work though.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 )
Page created in 0.031843 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR