Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Too many big ships aka DreadStation Space
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
 Author Too many big ships aka DreadStation Space
Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-02-11 18:23   
Quote:

On 2010-02-11 18:01, Pakhos wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-02-11 17:03, Enterprise wrote:

Get rid of the levels system so that all devices are equal, and then balance all ships and weapons to have a given role. Very simple.

So back to the days of 2 dessies kill Hive ?
No sir, if this is what will make u come back to play , i am happy you arent playing.

But if you say a chief marshal flying destroyer and ship gadget system leveled up by his rank , then be it.

Never seen two destroyers kill a station unless the station was somehow:

- Retarded
- Alone
- AFK
- All of the above.

I find it ironic too, that you seem to be fine with the ship gadget system leveling up to your rank when infact it would be the same thing anyways. If you have a station and he is GA and you have two destroyers who are GA they'd have basically, what I just described. Same level devices, the bigger ships just have more of them.

So you're arguing its okay for two destroyers to kill a station as long as they are high rank? How retarded. And even what I just proposed, two destroyers couldn't kill a station unless well,

- Retarded
- Alone
- AFK
- All of the above.

-Ent

Thugomatic
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-02-11 19:40   
Quote:

On 2010-02-11 16:03, Doran wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-02-11 15:49, Azreal wrote:
a torp is a torp is a torp, regardless of if it is a dessie, frigate or station,

im a fan of this myself.

Got my vote

Back too the subject at hand, Are we going too now lose our ships upon death(no one said that but meh im ezily confuzzled), I am unclear of this otherwise who cares about the whole losing rez upon pulling a new ship out of an SY, this affects the newer players more than us who have full garages anyhow. Accept for possibly whipping out a bomber cruiser or tranny every now an than.

Having too pull our ships out in the homeserver too get too sag isnt exactly a terrible idea either i guess, the only problem i can see with it is mining the transfer gates, ez fix though reinstitute safezone.

And yes i may very well be way off base here but its me, would u expect anything less.

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-02-11 19:48   
Quote:

On 2010-02-11 18:23, Enterprise wrote:

snap

-Ent

well u must have been living in another planet Ent. go back to 1.483 and see how to kill a dictored station with 2 dessies. Well if u didnt see or hear anything like it our discussion is over. You dont need to be retarded and reply to this.

About player rank gadget system. Being chief marshal makes no difference in this game if you fly a destroyer. Why does your destroyer have to be same level of a commander destroyer? I suggest and I want this system because it will bring alot of action to the game. Finaly u could face dreads with your destroyer (CMdread vs CMdestroyer.Basicly when u hit FA your battle dread will do a minimum damage to a CM station. But if battle dread pilot is a cm ,then it would make more damage.

So basicly a 2nd re or 1re cruisers will inflict the same damage as a cruiser we have now. But if pilot goes up in rank that would be a different story.

Fair enough or do i need to explain it again?

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-02-11 21:02   
Quote:

On 2010-02-11 19:48, Pakhos wrote:

well u must have been living in another planet Ent. go back to 1.483 and see how to kill a dictored station with 2 dessies. Well if u didnt see or hear anything like it our discussion is over. You dont need to be retarded and reply to this.

You:

- Forgetting that the problem was two specific destroyers

- Forgetting that the problem could have been fixed by a balance change.

Man its easy to forget things when its convinient to right?

Quote:

About player rank gadget system. Being chief marshal makes no difference in this game if you fly a destroyer. Why does your destroyer have to be same level of a commander destroyer? I suggest and I want this system because it will bring alot of action to the game. Finaly u could face dreads with your destroyer (CMdread vs CMdestroyer.Basicly when u hit FA your battle dread will do a minimum damage to a CM station. But if battle dread pilot is a cm ,then it would make more damage.

So basicly a 2nd re or 1re cruisers will inflict the same damage as a cruiser we have now. But if pilot goes up in rank that would be a different story.

Fair enough or do i need to explain it again?

You can keep explaining it all you want, doesn't make it something I think is better. All it changes is that the ships only become useful after you hit the right rank, it doesn't at all help newer players who now not only have to deal with high ranking people in powerful big ships but now in powerful smaller ships. I'd rather make the system fair for all than just the few.

-Ent

Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2010-02-12 10:17   
Ent

#1: Shut up your an idiot

#2: Shut up your an idiot

#3: Go back to the rock you were sitting under and shut up your an idiot

#4: Newer players now outnumber the vets 3-1 most days. This is epically true on ICC in weekends and some weekdays. There are useally 5-6 high ranked players (FA+) on and a good 9-12 noobs on. In either supps, combat dessys or the god awful Carrier Cruiser (still don't know why they fly that thing). There have been some awesome fights with the stations/dreads supported by the smaller ships. Everyone has a good time too when this happens and its happening more and more often. When those changes are placed in, the MV will be 1 server again, although split up by servers. F2 will allow you to see the entire MV even tho its still in pieces. When this dose happen, the old WH's and WH cruisers should come back to allow a little more quicker response time to invasions. All in all a lot of the old MV's fun will return. Ships taking res will effect the scenario server the worst, since in the MV theirs a lot of planets.

However this is still going to hurt the MV a lot, since with only a 32 building limit to planets. Players are going to need to not only balance a SY and all its support buildings but mining buildings and defenses as well. Thus weakening the planet even more to capture as there will be limits to how many defenses you can place on a planet, and of what type as well. This will also weaken the home planets the most, even with a 40 building limit there tough to take (like they SHOULD be) having to add mining to them will weaken them defensively. This is why I am saying that either res limits on planets should dubble or res cost on ships should be cut in half or more. These concerns are just my speculations based on what the devs have told us as even though they haven't told us the whole picture.

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

There is a thin line between knowing when to give up and when to try harder.

Email Starcommander
The Fridge
Chief Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-02-12 11:01   
Quote:

#1: Shut up your an idiot

#2: Shut up your an idiot

#3: Go back to the rock you were sitting under and shut up your an idiot

#4: and a good 9-12 noobs on.

Lol the Internetz

And I'm not a nub =o

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-02-12 11:14   
well this thread is over.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
Page created in 0.139569 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR