No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Ship Capture
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author Ship Capture
Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2009-12-07 19:30   
Quote:

On 2009-12-07 17:16, Light404 wrote:
Fighting kluth period is frustrating enough without having to worry if a transport is going to decloak beneath you,

How did a transport manage to slip by your fleet again?

Quote:

or a ugto transport will point jump you and unload.

And the interdictor in your fleet is doing what?

Quote:

Now, your suggesting the game get degraded even further by saying tranny rushing is legit (especially against player's ships) and not an exploit?

Your calling tranny rushing an exploit because you're losing to it? Next thing you'll be telling me is that enemy ships have weapons is an exploit.

Hell Bender
Grand Admiral
K'Luth Revolution

Posted: 2009-12-07 21:00   
Quote:

On 2009-12-07 19:30, Fattierob wrote:
Quote:

Fighting kluth period is frustrating enough without having to worry if a transport is going to decloak beneath you,

Quote:

Quote:

Now, your suggesting the game get degraded even further by saying tranny rushing is legit (especially against player's ships) and not an exploit?

Your calling tranny rushing an exploit because you're losing to it? Next thing you'll be telling me is that enemy ships have weapons is an exploit.

The enlightening statements here should be hitting more than a handful like a brick wall, but I guess that would be too much to hope for... Well put in any case!

If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it.

Email Hell Bender
Jar Jar Binks
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-12-07 21:29   
Quote:

On 2009-12-07 19:30, Fattierob wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

lol Fattie.

i suggest you subscribe and start playing the game again because evidently you are WAY out of the loop.

you have any idea how much punishment a tranny can take nowadays? even with a dictor present the odds for said tranny(s) to reach its goal is just as high as it is for the targets to manage to kill it first if the tranny pilot knows what he's doing.
and ofc, theres no pres to be had if your in a dictor so very very few ppl fly them.

and even if they do manage to kill one or two trannys, if theres 5 or more of them comming all aiming for the same target its still a guaranteed capture unless the target self destructs.

and tranny rushing while not an exploit is a really really cheap way of trying to win when they cant manage it the "proper" way.

dying in a tranny costs so little its WELL worth quite a few deaths if it means i get to capture a station in the end.

its even getting to the point where ppl on different factions warn in /y when theres someone running out in a tranny to try to capture someone.

so while the devs might be happy how it works many of the players obviously arent.

Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2009-12-07 21:44   
You can see a kluth tranny coming long before it ultimately decloaks; enough eccm and it wont even get the chance to. Secondly, if a tranny manages to point jump right under you, well; you are either sitting there like a fool or have no support. While it may not be fair if 5 players rush you in a tranny just to cap you; its FIVE PLAYERS. Now I know for a fact no tranny can survive upfront against a station. Hell, there should be infantry on your ship there to defend you. Everything has a risk, stations have a large profile; why shouldn't they be easy to board?

Email Sens [R33]
Light404
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-12-07 21:59   
Interdictors dont work all the time. I've been in the middle of a dictor field and able to jump, as well as seen opponents in our dictor field and jumping away/in

And the devs are clearly out of the loop because they are still toting eccm as a viable way of detecting all kluth.

ECCM can be effective against kluth, I've used it to good effect when in a large fleet, and even when alone, BUT only if that kluth ship happens to be a dread or station. Anything smaller and it will simply be to agile and fast to be tracked, let alone shot and destroyed.

And trannies can take a ridiculous amount of punishment, especialy in the hands of a skilled pilot. In the scenario server, TCOM managed to jump in approx 400 gu away from me (i'm in SS) and maneuver his way past my fire and an assault dread before unloading. Besides, when your in the middle of a firefight, no matter what ship your piloting, which one do you think will attract more attention: the EAD or siphon unloading into your ship, or a tranny flying around? (especially since trannies are so small they will barely register on your screen, a problem which is made much worse with far out zoom required to get a good view when your piloting a dread/station)

I'd like it to be noted only one of my ships have ever been capped. Its my Heavy cruiser and I forgot to load inf onto it. I still think that the tactic is bull?%!%&!*%.
[ This Message was edited by: Light404 on 2009-12-07 22:05 ]

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2009-12-07 23:08   
Quote:

^^ That's a terrible idea. Using trannies to cap stations cause you don't want to fight them is absolute crap, and shows no respect for the player or the game. However, you're one of those same kluth players that instead of bombing a planet, will tranny rush it, so I guess that crap spewing from your mouth is to be expected.

All those sort of tactics accomplish is to force Darkspace's already slim player base away. Fighting kluth period is frustrating enough without having to worry if a transport is going to decloak beneath you, or a ugto transport will point jump you and unload. Now, your suggesting the game get degraded even further by saying tranny rushing is legit (especially against player's ships) and not an exploit?

I'll say tranny rushing is an acceptable practice when a minimum drop distance is enacted. "player must be 50gu/more to allow unload of cargo type "infantry""

Yep it's my fault people don't want to play.

Tranny rushing is a legit tactic perfectly legal and within the design of the game. I use it and I enjoy it. I cap ships with my transport and I enjoy it. I set infantry to RAZE and mess up planets and I enjoy it. What you won't see me doing very often is actual combat (especially now that my sub is ended). I just don't enjoy that part of the game as much. I'm mostly in scenario building and capping planets, and when I'm in the MV I'm mostly capping ships. That's what I enjoy the most. I spend most of my MV time in my transport.

I like how you say I'd rather use my transport than bomb a planet like it's a bad thing. I use my transport to transport infantry to enemy planets, and I take full advantage of my faction's cloak when doing it. Omg how awful a player am I? How can I be so low, using the tools at my disposal and tactics that I feel will bring me the greatest chance of success?

I have tons more fun capping ships than fighting them, especially when I'm outnumbered and my chance of success when fighting is low. There's a certain sense of satisfaction when capping a ship that blowing it up can never compare with.

Seems this is more a complaint about Kluth than anything else. And since I'm so sick of hearing complaints about Kluth I'll just say "nyah nyah!" and stick my tongue out at you, because that's how much I care anymore.

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-12-08 01:37   
Quote:

On 2009-12-07 14:12, Azreal wrote:
Quote:

On 2009-12-07 13:58, Enterprise wrote:

Yeah, damn all those people who choose to capture a station than try to kill it. Its not like its easier or tactically sound or anything. Should probably patch it so stations can't be captured anymore.

That'll show them.

-Ent

Off the mark as usual.

What they do is cram 30+ infantry on a station that the pilot himself can only drop 12 into. He can never even try to replace his infantry as they die off.

If it was your tranny of ten, and then another two infantry, vs his maximum of 12, then it's fair.

Right now, if 5 people wanted to they could drop 10 each at once on a station. Instant 50 vs 12!

Is THAT what you are sarcastically saying is NOT an exploit Ent? Because THAT is what I mean.

Its not. You're not going to be invincible to everything. Before you could be immune to ship capturing because there was that limit. Now, you're vulnerable if you can't pick off a transport. I'm not complaining. Or maybe its because I don't fly around pretending like a GA ship must mean it shouldn't die to anything less than a fleet.

This is just like when people complained about using a wormhole to temporarily displace a station across the universe. Or put it in a planet cluster. Sooner or later, people are just going to have to learn that using a station, just like every other ship, is not something thats going to stand up to the test of everything.

Honestly, if I saw a fleet of transports coming after my station, I would get the hell out of there if I couldn't kill them. Thats just common sense talking.

Maybe somewhere along the line - probably in this ridiculous version - people got something stuck into their head that being in a big ship means being invincible to anything but another big ship. What a sad thing its come to.

I sincerely hope they don't nerf ship capturing, but given that its a small ship (transport) "defeating" a big ship, chances are it won't take too long.

-Ent

-=LoKi=-
Marshal
Imperium

Posted: 2009-12-08 06:25   
Then why do we pay? Why do we work to get pres? To be defeated by a transport?.
Lets all play wit transport do to its power to cap a bigger ship and there is no need to sub, right?
[ This Message was edited by: Klorel(Ouji D`Artai) on 2009-12-08 06:26 ]

Email -=LoKi=-
Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2009-12-08 08:56   
Again, you're missing the point. You don't pay, or indeed gain rank, to be invincible. Big ships are there to provide variety, different layouts, and added firepower -- but nowhere in the ship description, design documents, manual, or anywhere does it say that you should be invincible once you hit a certain level. No game has that.. sure, you gain more armor and weapons and whatever as you rank up, but there's still always a vulnerability.

Not to say that things are perfect. But just because you're bigger doesn't mean you're not supposed to have to worry at all about something smaller.

Develop a defense (other than whining for a nerf) and start fighting back.

Email Shigernafy
Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-12-08 10:09   
Quote:

On 2009-12-08 08:56, Shigernafy wrote:
Again, you're missing the point. You don't pay, or indeed gain rank, to be invincible. Big ships are there to provide variety, different layouts, and added firepower -- but nowhere in the ship description, design documents, manual, or anywhere does it say that you should be invincible once you hit a certain level. No game has that.. sure, you gain more armor and weapons and whatever as you rank up, but there's still always a vulnerability.

Not to say that things are perfect. But just because you're bigger doesn't mean you're not supposed to have to worry at all about something smaller.

Develop a defense (other than whining for a nerf) and start fighting back.

they have its called using a ship yard to dock and remove enemy troops.

Email Borgie
-=LoKi=-
Marshal
Imperium

Posted: 2009-12-08 10:58   
....Dosnt`t matter anymroe....
[ This Message was edited by: Klorel(Ouji D`Artai) on 2009-12-08 12:13 ]

Email -=LoKi=-
Pegasus
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-12-08 11:00   
Really dislike the current boarding rules when it was changed in 1.518? made me not play for sometime. But you just have to adapt and think on your toes, or make sure you keep your distance from faster moving ships, change your direction if you feel a cruiser is coming at you protentially to board.
What I find very unfair is using dreads like EAD, Siphon, AD you can only carry four, you might want to carry 3 incase you get lucky with some enchancements. If your boarded then your almost guarenteed to be capped unless a friend nearby drops more on you or you make a quick dash to a SY which is not always around.
It is unrealistic but then the space game is unrealistic, but you can put it in prespective with real life use. Take the a standard US Carrier 1,100 plus feet, crew complimentary of over 5500 troops, of those troops will be marines or special forces ready for missions. Now take a Kluth Dread Shal'mar "Mandible" lenght is over 1500 meters I would expect the crew complimentary being a war vessel of that size probably more than 5000. So the rules are totally backwards, but like i said we have to adapt to the game whether the rules are totally bonkers or not. Personally I prefer the old system or at least make it so that all ships can carry 10 inf otherwise we are just sitting ducks.

Xydes
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-12-08 11:22   
Quote:

^^ That's a terrible idea. Using trannies to cap stations cause you don't want to fight them is absolute crap, and shows no respect for the player or the game. However, you're one of those same kluth players that instead of bombing a planet, will tranny rush it, so I guess that crap spewing from your mouth is to be expected.

[ This Message was edited by: Light404 on 2009-12-07 17:19 ]

Ok Using Trannies to Cap Stations: Legal, but its "Noobish". I used my TC to cap a Siphon and several Ganglias. And Ive tried capping a station with an Extruder one time... didnt turn out well.

But my point is that capping a station may be "Noobish" but its legal. And its one of the several ways of getting Privateer badges = Bragging Rights .

Secondly: However, you're one of those same kluth players that instead of bombing a planet, will tranny rush it, so I guess that crap spewing from your mouth is to be expected.

This is a Generalisation/zation not "all" luth players tranny cap planets. And there are loads of ways to counter tranny capping. So stop whining and stick to the point of intrest. SHIP CAPTURES!

Xydes
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-12-08 11:30   
Quote:

On 2009-12-07 21:59, Light404 wrote:
Interdictors dont work all the time. I've been in the middle of a dictor field and able to jump, as well as seen opponents in our dictor field and jumping away/in

OK in comes the laws of motion and distance: You are in the middle of a 1000gu Dictor Field right? Right. And you see enemies coming and out of a diccy. Well your eyes are fooling you. They are proably further out than you think they are

And the devs are clearly out of the loop because they are still toting eccm as a viable way of detecting all kluth.

This is true.

ECCM can be effective against kluth, I've used it to good effect when in a large fleet, and even when alone, BUT only if that kluth ship happens to be a dread or station. Anything smaller and it will simply be to agile and fast to be tracked, let alone shot and destroyed.

This is also true. So get something agile and fast to help track it and bobs your uncle

And trannies can take a ridiculous amount of punishment, especialy in the hands of a skilled pilot. In the scenario server, TCOM managed to jump in approx 400 gu away from me (i'm in SS) and maneuver his way past my fire and an assault dread before unloading. Besides, when your in the middle of a firefight, no matter what ship your piloting, which one do you think will attract more attention: the EAD or siphon unloading into your ship, or a tranny flying around? (especially since trannies are so small they will barely register on your screen, a problem which is made much worse with far out zoom required to get a good view when your piloting a dread/station)

Don't zoom to far out. Don't manual fire. Click red Diamond and fire.

I'd like it to be noted only one of my ships have ever been capped. Its my Heavy cruiser and I forgot to load inf onto it. I still think that the tactic is bull?%!%&!*%.

Oh so your complaining about the fact that your HC got capped but not the fact that a tranny can supposedly dodge a bucket full of Qsts and Lasers but die in the end? This place is messed up.
[ This Message was edited by: Light404 on 2009-12-07 22:05 ]

Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2009-12-08 17:44   
My tranny was a sitting duck for about 9 good seconds, so yes LAG; ECCM are a viable way of disabling kluth. Just because you can, doesn't mean its what it is best at doing. One eccm adds around .8 seconds to decloak and cloak time.

Email Sens [R33]
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.022915 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR