No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +4.6 Days

Search

Anniversaries

1st - UntenHund

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Some UGTO ships needs to be weakened
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
 Author Some UGTO ships needs to be weakened
ArturK
Cadet

Posted: 2009-02-05 17:52   
Quote:

On 2009-02-05 17:38, Sauur wrote:
U hulled an EAD with just 5 luth dreads, well done but you should have just been quietly proud of it and kept this information from the forums. But no - u had to boast.

Prepare to be nerfed!

Actually, due to fast ship changing in SY, he was able to change EAD to another EAD, Battle Station, Support Station and Command Dread. At least we reported something, not just hunted supply ships as some people do. What would you say Sauur? ]:-P

Just because of such people as you most software continue to have so many bugs.
[ This Message was edited by: ArturK on 2009-02-05 17:58 ]

Goto the website of ArturK
Pegasus
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-02-05 17:57   
Quote:

Actually, due to fast ship changing in SY, he was able to change EAD to another EAD, Battle Station, Support Station and Command Dread. At least we reported something, not just hunted supply ships as some people do. What would you say Sauur? ]:-P

Nothing wrong with hunting supply ships, its like taking away the fangs of a snake you take away its ability to bite.

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2009-02-05 18:16   
Quote:

On 2009-02-05 17:52, ArturK wrote:

The SY is another problem entirely Yeah he did use it to escape many a death, and returned through the gate nearby. I don't know if it's considered against the ROC since not only can I find nothing about shipyard use in the ROC, but it's also out of date (did you know AI farming is against the ROC? ) People keep crying about SY abuse, but is it really abuse?

That doesn't change the fact that there should be a timer countdown when using a shipyard, so it's not instantaneous. 20-30 seconds between using the shipyard and actually entering it should suffice, so you can still use it but not use it as a cheap way to escape being destroyed.

Sauur
Chief Marshal
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2009-02-05 18:19   
Quote:

What would you say Sauur? ]:-P

[ This Message was edited by: ArturK on 2009-02-05 17:58 ]

[/quote]

I would say u misinterpreted my post, but no matter Jack got it.
And what Peg said

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2009-02-05 18:28   
Quote:

dude, what?

Just because of such people as you most peanut butter continue to have so many salmonella.

Just because of such people as you most cars continue to have so many explosive gasoline tanks.

Just because of such people as you most death stars continue to have so many bottomless chasms.

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-02-05 19:00   

Topic is - Some UGTO ships needs to be weakened. Post something creative or leave it..

Winters Rapture
Fleet Admiral
United Nations Space Command

Posted: 2009-02-05 19:19   
Personal experience on several occasions, On the ICC.
Now i know that pilot error or even dcync could be blamed for some things, but i felt compelled to write this.
You put and ICC ship against 5 kluth dreads they will lose, even before their jump drive could be half way charged. You put 5 ICC ADs against 1 kluth ship of any type chances are the kluth is going to die or out last the ICC there. you throw 5 ICC ADs at a EAD and chances are the reflective armor is going to reflect most of the damage- like it did to the kluth.
Now i am not saying its anyone's fault, but it may be a good investment of time to reconsider the EAD a little, enough people are saying something is wrong with it, how could anyone tell them that they are all wrong and send them on their way. that would be like a paint company saying lead has no effect on people and then send them on their way, it just doesn't work. Now, i have not been online recently, but as i recall in most any situation as ICC you almost always need to double or triple team an EAD-even with same class of ship in order to kill it.
there is no doubt that it can die, but the amount of effort to put into its death is a little un-proportional, so it may be a good idea to rethink it a bit, after all, how could all these people be wrong all at once?

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2009-02-05 20:46   
Ok, just tested with JBud, mandible alpha strike vs EAD, standard armor, left side of EAD, me in EAD, JBud in Mandible.

One alpha strike did a total of 18% armor damage as seen when targeting a ship (seen as 100% hull 82% armor). It completely destroyed 1 LEFT armor, damaged a 2nd LEFT armor to 75% (did 25% damage to it) and a FORE armor to 75%. The next strike would have punched through to the hull if from same side, assuming more FORE armor didn't get in the way.

Vs reflective it did 11% total armor damage. It left 25% of one LEFT armor and 85% of one FORE armor. Reflective is obviously better vs Kluth alpha strikes.

I do not know why the FORE armor was being hit. Overlapping armor arcs? I was being hit directly in the side, not from an angle.

My EAD alpha strike vs Mandible's front destroyed 2 layers of armor and left 31% of the third; about 27% total armor damage (seen as 100% hull 73% armor). We already knew that Kluth dreads take a lot of damage anyway

Conclusion: Unless that EAD jumps away from those 5 dreads in a timely manner it's toast. And something else is causing damage dealt to be negated, like in the case of the missile destroyer taking light damage from a siphon alpha, or the scale cruiser's alpha only doing 1% damage to the ICC assault dread's shields. According to the damage I just witnessed from JBud, an EAD can and will take damage if the server is behaving properly.

There is also the matter of enhancements. I think the EAD in question had a Zlarr's Defense equipped, which adds 7% armor. That I cannot test.

If you don't like my conclusions, please draw your own and tell us why.

EDIT: What I forgot to take note of is whether the Mandible had psi cannons or plasma cannons. It doesn't make too much difference I don't think.

[ This Message was edited by: MrSparkle on 2009-02-05 21:41 ]

JBud
Marshal

Posted: 2009-02-05 20:50   
Quote:

On 2009-02-05 20:46, MrSparkle wrote:

Sign'd
Except one thing.... I was in a Siphon
[ This Message was edited by: Fatal JBud *COM* on 2009-02-05 21:14 ]

Email JBud   Goto the website of JBud
Qballed
Admiral
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2009-02-05 21:04   
Some good testing there, job well done.

You're correct in saying that the EAD did indeed have a Zarrs Defence.

I'm pretty sure I was in the torp cruiser for the battle, if not there were many similar during this evening in which I did.

It was my job to fly interception and cause confusion, mainly taking out supps, and taking the alpha strikes. I think in this particular battle I took 4 on different arcs which did indeed hurt much, I was sat in my armour for most of it but as all fire was directed on the EAD I had free range of targets and was able to deal out some damage myself.

It was only a matter of luck that he was able to survive long enough for his JD to charge, any other day it would have been toast.

Tonight we had good organisation and were able to mount effective 'hit and run' strikes against the K'luth, even though we were out numbered at some points 3 to 1.

Im not sure about you guys, but all crap aside, it was highly fun.

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2009-02-05 21:11   
"All crap aside" is my goal If people are going to complain about perceived balance (and I am one of them) I want them to at least complain about the real reasons why certain anomalies are happening in the MV. Simply saying "The EAD is too powerful zomg!" is not enough when you don't know the actual cause of these damage problems.

Now we need to figure out why sometimes the damage we are supposed to be doing isn't being done. Why sometimes does a ship seem to take only a small percentage of the damage we know it should have taken?

Qballed
Admiral
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2009-02-05 21:24   
This post is amied at newer players Like me.

And thats exactly what should be done. People forget that this game is open beta, remember that, it will have bugs and issues.

If you want to complain about something, at least make sure your complaining about the right thing. Grab a friend and test it out, and prove it.

This thread is a perfect example of what should and shouldn't be done.

Inka
Admiral

Posted: 2009-02-05 21:26   
Dont blame or attack devs and mods people, they trying to their best

Peace!

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2009-02-05 21:43   
Quote:

On 2009-02-05 21:24, Qballed wrote:
This post is amied at newer players Like me.

And thats exactly what should be done. People forget that this game is open beta, remember that, it will have bugs and issues.

If you want to complain about something, at least make sure your complaining about the right thing. Grab a friend and test it out, and prove it.

This thread is a perfect example of what should and shouldn't be done.

The game isn't in beta. It left beta in 2001. But every version is significantly different, so it's almost like every patch is a new beta.

Qballed
Admiral
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2009-02-05 22:01   
Ooo, with the amount of bugs I woulda guessed it was a beta albeit late stage.

Learn something new every day.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Page created in 0.024392 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR