- Weekly DarkSpace
05/18/24 +3.2 Days
- Towel Day
05/25/24 +9.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

1st - TheMadDoctor1991

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » [1.5] Stress Test - Bugs and Feedback
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
 Author [1.5] Stress Test - Bugs and Feedback
Mersenne Twister
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2008-07-19 10:44   
Quote:

On 2008-07-19 02:54, Malorn wrote:
Possible issue: Also, I have noticed several times where there were multiple transports named after the same planet. Can a planet have more than a single transport? If so, the issue with blockades becomes even worse.

Idea: Have the number of transports tied to the number of starports. Thus is you want a planet to be able to import on a vast scale, the build must include extra ports to enable that.

no, we've done this in the past, chief problem is each port on a planet creates a transport, which caused fairly major issues with transport farming. currently, ports should be limited to 1 per planet the same way that colony hubs are.

I wouldn't screw with it if I were you. The doctor already holds you in poor favor. Messing with this might really fry his shorts.

Axianda The Royal
Fleet Admiral
Terra Squadron

Posted: 2008-07-21 12:56   
A small issue but frustrating if your in a hurry.

when selecting a starport and you press L to load 1000 units your target will switch back to the planet as target.
each time you load you need to reselect the starport and press L

and since im a lazy bastard im declaring this a bug...

- Axi

_x$witchBladex_ [1.480 Fanboy]
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2008-07-21 15:48   
Found when trying to sell mined resources to planet, the resources are just put in pods and dropped onto planet without any credits being awarded.
* [=TB=]Enterprise @39933 sent to Clan: "Thats a lie Switch, you'd never let anyone else drink rum if it were right there. You'd slip teh roofies in and start drinking it yourself and not even realize it."

Admiral Ackbar
Ensign

Posted: 2008-07-21 15:50   
jumped from urd in epsilon car. to the r33 gate then was destroyed by the star witch was 20kGUs away sorry i forgot to screenshoot

Admiral Ackbar
Ensign

Posted: 2008-07-21 15:52   
Quote:

On 2008-07-21 12:56, Axianda The Royal wrote:
A small issue but frustrating if your in a hurry.

when selecting a starport and you press L to load 1000 units your target will switch back to the planet as target.
each time you load you need to reselect the starport and press L

and since im a lazy bastard im declaring this a bug...

click use structure instead this does the same thing but doesnt change targets

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2008-07-21 17:53   
Quote:

On 2008-07-21 15:48, _x$witchBladex_ [1.5 Ahoy!] wrote:
Found when trying to sell mined resources to planet, the resources are just put in pods and dropped onto planet without any credits being awarded.

... Facepalm goes here.

There are no credits in v1.500.

Axianda The Royal
Fleet Admiral
Terra Squadron

Posted: 2008-07-22 04:50   
Quote:

On 2008-07-21 15:48, _x$witchBladex_ [1.5 Ahoy!] wrote:

credits have no use in 1.5 at this point, therefor you wont be able to sell the rescources to a planet.. this also means you dont have to buy them or any upgrades. just makes sure there are enough rescourceson the planet or in your cargo hold

- Axi

Admiral Ackbar
Ensign

Posted: 2008-07-22 19:17   
this may have been fixxed by now but yesterday when playing as kluth in beta,
I was in a mandy and took a few hits to my armor and watched my armor recharge at a smooth rate (nice and normal)....
Later on i was in a battle in deep space and i got hulled pretty good thats when i noticed that my automated hull repairs ( i traded chit armor for 2 of them) were also repairing my armor....
When active my armor was rising extremely fast (as if i was near a couple of depots but i was not). Once my hull was repaired i got more armor damage and cloaked again my armor repaired smooth (nice and normal).

The best way i can explain this is the auto repair activated only for the hull (like its supposed to) however it also repairs armor as well.

Contact me if u need more info,
-JBud

[ This Message was edited by: JBud *A* on 2008-07-22 19:19 ]

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2008-07-24 09:50   
In battle the other day, damage was de-synched. I would charge at a Heavy Cruiser with my Battle Cruiser, unleashing a full alpha at 100gu range with lasers, sabots and torpedoes, everything hitting... For 0% damage. Note that this only happened after the Heavy Cruiser had jumped once.

This continued for a while (with lots of jumping because Lawman loev jump) until the Heavy Cruiser accidentally flew into the gate. When it returned, its hull had dropped to 72% and its shields were 18% with 42% armors. We continued combat, where I was at first able to hurt it until the jumping game started again, but after that, no success again. Eventually the ship blew up at 72% hull and 100% armor/shields, while the server acknowledged I had destroyed the ship. Lawman said he was at full everything when he exploded, so there's definitely some problem there.

On a different note, damage registration against my Battle Cruiser seemed to be accurate.

Lawman
Fleet Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2008-07-24 10:15   
I would also like to note that when I used a border Crusier against Bard before I was much more succesful in combat then with the HC.

Here was the loadout.
4x Reactive shields.
3x ecm
4x Gauss guns
6x CLs

and everything esle was normal.

Email Lawman   Goto the website of Lawman
Admiral Ackbar
Ensign

Posted: 2008-07-29 06:48   
well if the screenie dont explain it than i will:
WTF happened to weapons i sat here with this transport and emptied all my ammo on it and well not a bit of hull whatsoever as u see by the first screenie i didnt get very far on armor either

came back and battled another with gauss instead of rails no diference

Deltabacon
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2008-07-29 14:35   
The AC's lasers do no damage either

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2008-07-29 21:54   
Try them on something other than transports; the cargo transports are custom ships not available for general piloting which are quite well armored.

Email Shigernafy
Ospolos
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2008-07-29 22:11   
Quote:

On 2008-07-29 21:54, Shigernafy wrote:
Try them on something other than transports; the cargo transports are custom ships not available for general piloting which are quite well armored.

Armored massively they may be, but another problem arises....

What also makes it hard is the fact that it takes (it ranges, which to me suggests CPU problems) 10 seconds to 30, 40, 50 seconds to actually take the hit of damage. To test it more I spammed a line station on a tranny with 5-6 alphas, and was watching the shields of the transport get hit bit by bit for a couple minutes after I stopped shooting. Does this also account for bad combat tests where sometimes no damage has appeared to been given? And that mysterious cloaked ships still attacking?

Is it the Beta CPU having problems from running all those transport ships now in conjunction with players testing things? Is it known that the beta server is pushing its limits? Or is it problems in the code?

Something to look into, or some knowledge that can be shared if known?

Admiral Ackbar
Ensign

Posted: 2008-07-30 06:43   
Quote:

On 2008-07-29 21:54, Shigernafy wrote:

tried with gaifen and had the same problem armor is uber powerful.

NOTE: fighting an energy entity was quite easy as it had no armor so idk really what the problem if any.

i have tried and tried to get players to come test beta with me however no one really seems to care anymore

Suggestion: NPC/AI ships be spawned at certain locations for combat testing this way i can test combat against at least something close to other players

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
Page created in 0.068944 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR