No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +6.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Sir Oblivion {C?}

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » OMG
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
 Author OMG
buzzcoxss (Artisen Anitomical)
Fleet Admiral
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2007-06-25 01:04   
omg you people spend way to much time typeing all this crap out just pass out your # to each other and start haten over the telephone i realy dont like to read all that crap waste of time hola at your player PEACE!

Sardaukar
Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2007-06-25 01:27   
Rogue - Brilliant.
Shig - Very diplomatic.
Rob - You win for the quote at the bottom. Look no further than my sig.

Goth - Alright. This is the problem.

You did things in your past that some people will never forgive you for. Others do things, but you did a lot of things, and when you did them, you did them to a great magnitude. After you did them, you were yelled at. You yelled back; I was there. You were sent away. You faded into myth and legend as the loudest person on /y chat and then you came back. You were slightly different in your demeanor.

You did things again that were not good, whether consistently or not, and when you did them, you once again did them to a great magnitude. Now, whether or not you apologized, you raised hell and fury against people who did the same things. You raised hell and fury more than anyone else, and because you too once did these things, and apparently still did them in spite, people grew angry at you for attempting to look pure and virgin when-in-fact the dark demon of poor sportsmanship had seduced your emotional loins.

If you would just lay down the torch and pitchfork and quiet down for once, people would, maybe, eventually let you settle back into their ideas of good. But it's going to take a long time to do that. Look at it this way: If a man burned down houses for ten years, went away for two years, and came back, and only rarely torched abodes, how would you feel if you saw that same man yelling thunder and lightning at kids burning a shack? How would you feel if, after yelling at those kids, that man started a whole brigade- in fact, several brigades, over time- just to yell at the kids? This guy goes down the street, making a public display of it all, and then, to spite those kids, HE BURNS DOWN ANOTHER HOUSE.

People will still yell at those kids, but those are people who didn't go burning down neighborhoods at one time or another. This man, though, he obsessively tracks these kids, and acts like he just had his house burned down whenever he sees them burning a shack. He sounds innocent, and blameless, and utterly shocked by the behavior that he too once committed.

You are that man. You can stop burning houses, but no one is going to want to live near you for a long time after all the outbursts. Just settle down, keep quiet about the kids, and maybe, someday, you'll find people close to you again.

I hope that worked out in text the way it sounded in my head...

[ This Message was edited by: Sardaukar *R2D2* on 2007-06-25 04:02 ]

Jaydawg
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2007-06-25 02:36   
Goth, do you realize how many times you've said you're going to leave this game? I can't count them on one hand.

I agree with the fact that Goththug's thread's have always seemed to start flame wars and...stuff like that, but attacking someone's personal character is a definate no no. And all this about just avoiding society is complete crap. You'll always have the few people that will do it just to make themselves feel tougher, but does that mean you have to do the same? No offense, but what does that say about society itself?

I can understand pointing out the fact that he seems to cause trouble on Darkspace and such, but if people are going so far as to attack his personal character eg. saying he's a "useless piece of you know what in real life" and things of that nature, then they're taking it too far.

Goththug, the way you go about submitting your ideas to the community is completely wrong. This is your problem. I suggest you change how you approach things if you don't want to be teased and picked on anymore.

Email Jaydawg   Goto the website of Jaydawg
Fatal Command (CO)
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

From: over here in New York noticing some ppl are like canoes.....they need to be paddled.
Posted: 2007-06-25 02:59   
if you want to stop people from mirving..its simple...stop building.
if you want to stop people from flamiing your posts..........stop posting.
if you want respect....earn it.
if you want new friends..........buy em.

Email Fatal Command (CO)
Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2007-06-25 03:14   
goth you say you get harrassed,teasted and what not. you ever stop and think you bring it upon your self. how many times a day do you sit in the lobby and point out peoples profiles then start insulting them. and when that person sticks up for them self you run to a mod and call it harrassment. my advice to you would be to 1 take some time away from this game 2 when you are in the lobby do not bring it upon your self to play judge, and pick on people for how they play the game. and lastly learn how to talk to people, you come off as argoent,argumentive, and a bragger. do those things and i think people might leave ya be

Email Borgie
Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2007-06-25 03:50   
lol nice way of putting it co

Email Borgie
warner_lowcharge
Admiral

Posted: 2007-06-25 04:37   

Pearls before swine

[ This Message was edited by: warner_lowcharge on 2007-06-25 04:37 ]

Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda)
Grand Admiral
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2007-06-25 05:06   
EDIT: Due to the use of foul language and obvious self censoring whereby the vulgar content is still portrayed, this post has been deleted.
- Mr Black (DarkSpace Administrator)

[ This Message was edited by: Mr Black on 2007-06-25 06:46 ]

Email Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda)   Goto the website of Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda)
Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2007-06-25 05:18   
nice one warner, tough i didnt know what it was supposed to be, but i looked it up:p

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2007-06-25 08:20   
Instead of making a long ridiculous post in another thread that Goth has made in some desperate plea of attention.

[*edit*]
If you cannot be civil and avoid personal attacks, then please do not post. It will only result in having your own forum posting rights removed.
- Mr Black

And then what? Change Goth, or deal with it. I dont think anyone in this game actually hates you, but I'm pretty sure alot of people don't like you. And in my book, thats a big difference.

-Ent

[ This Message was edited by: Mr Black on 2007-06-25 08:36 ]

Kanman
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2007-06-25 08:28   
Yay! GT is back and the forums live again! Woot!

Mr Black
Grand Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2007-06-25 08:40   
We are trying to give users a chance to participate in a discussion on the issues raised in this thread, but if people continue to resort to posting personal attacks, we will continue to remove forum posting rights to those involved.

If you cannot post a comment without resorting to personal attacks, then DO NOT POST.

- The Staff

Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2007-06-25 09:43   
"It's like a misquito bite. If you itch it, it only gets worse. If you have self control and leave it alone then eventually it just goes away."

Something someone said about this.
If mr. genius feels like revealing himself, all praise the man! yes, its a man

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2007-06-25 10:52   
If I may interject - Please note beforehand I've not bothered reading any of the previous posts here and in no way mean to further "assault" you, GothThug.

I am a casual player. I play games for fun. Now, I don't really bother much with the politics of the game, and I'm not much of a fan of the Metaverse because I'm a non-subscriber. Yesterday I decided to plunge into the Metaverse on a different faction's side (I played UGTO before then an used the standard weaponry mostly) and, not reading the forums, didn't know what weapons to use, so I asked some experienced players.

By that time I was already aware people aren't that fond of MIRVing, so I asked the differences between Bio and Neutron Bombs. Now, in Scenario Maps, it's not all that easy to acquire either of the two if you're a Midshipman. Materials are scarce and not every Engineer is willing to put up a Factory. So I made a notion that I myself MiRV plenty of times, although I've never done so in the Metaverse. In response, you "reported me to CO", whatever that may mean, and seemed to take an immediate hostile position towards me.

I don't know who you are. I don't know what your history is. Well, pieces and bits after initially meeting you.

But even for me, who hardly knows of the politics, who hardly knows what happened all those years ago and who just stumbled into the politics of this game a week ago, I find your demeanor has already made me feel a dislike towards you - Simply because you assaulted me immediately on the notion that I use MiRV bombs. I might remind you, again - I do so in the Scenario Maps, where MiRVs are standard equipment and other bombs aren't quite so plentiful. In no way do I believe I deserved that outburst at that time.

As much then as you may complain about how everyone attacks you - I've made no attempt at attacking you, other than one time having jokingly said, "That's why he calls himself Thug." when someone said he felt harassed by you. At that time I knew entirely nothing about you. And yet the above example happened simply because I said I used MiRVs.

If I, in some way, griefed you by having made mention of MiRVs, or through another action of mine, then I apologize - I've meant you no harm. I mean only to play this game. I do, however, not believe that only I need to apologize for the incident earlier.

[ This Message was edited by: Bardiche on 2007-06-25 10:58 ]

Glimmer
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2007-06-25 12:57   
6 of one, half a dozen of the other.......what a song you lot sing.....

[Goth] The world is just a great big onion
[Everyone] & pain & fear are the spices that make you cry
[Goth] Oh, & the only way to get rid of this great big onion
[Everyone] Is to plant love seeds until it dies, uh huh

[Shigernafy] Hey world! We got a great big job to do
Yeah, we need you
& everybody who loves K'luth
Don't you know we've got to clean up this place
& reach far high & oh yeah
[Everyone] Yes we do
[Shigernafy]We gotta be headstrong about rightin' the wrong
& make a mountain of happy souls, oh; Oh

[Shigernafy] & I don't care, it's the face people like to wear
[Everyone] Yes it is now
[Goth] & the only way to get rid of this great big onion
[Everyone] Every one single soul's got to do their share
[Shigernafy] Tell about it, baby!

[Shigernafy] So come on, let's knock on every door
Tell them love is the answer
Whether they're rich or poor, oh yeah
For we don't care what you do
How you look, or your status claim, baby
[Everyone] No no, because brothers & sisters
From now on, is gonna be everyone's name, oh oh

[Shigernafy] & pain & fear are the spices that make you cry
[Everyone] Yes it is
[Goth] & the only way to get rid of this great big onion
[Everyone] Is to plant love seeds
[Shigernafy] Now everybody, got to plant love seeds
[Everyone] Come on & plant love seeds
[Shigernafy] Until it dies

[small][ This Message was edited by: Glimmer on 2007-06-25 12:59 ][/small]

[ This Message was edited by: Glimmer on 2007-06-25 13:10 ]

Email Glimmer   Goto the website of Glimmer
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Page created in 0.025612 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR