- Towel Day
05/25/24 +6.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Hellaciouss
15th - phoenixfyre
13th - Rain of Fire [O-XII]

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » OMG
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
 Author OMG
icansee
Cadet

Posted: 2007-06-27 12:23   

[ This Message was edited by: Agent Uplink on 2007-06-27 13:22 ]

-RevenG-

Raven Warriors

Posted: 2007-06-27 13:06   
Quote:

On 2007-06-27 12:19, Shran wrote:
I personally have seen the way that GT has been treated..people talk behind his back..and what not...and its like....bad...i personally dont know the guy that well and from what i've seen from chatlogs, friends chat and what not he's actually a pretty decent guy...sure he loves this game with a passion, and doesnt wanna see it go down in flames due to a few bug exploiters but yeah thats just me.....My English aint so good so bear with me...im from Cicily currently in NYC exploring different parts of the US and i know how it feels being an outsider...

I came to DS november of 2002 and much to my surprise this community was very supportive of GT before his *cough* Expulsion *Cough* several people tried to help him and sorta succeeded...indeed his anger needs to be toned down and what not but from what i have seen since i have come back he's really matured....He no longer swears in public (just on friends chat), He doesnt threaten people anymore, He's toned down on the harrassment (somewhat) but yeah...Thats just from what i have seen from the 2 days that i've been back.....i think the reason he lashes out towards people who exploit the mirv bug (yes it is a bug) and people who fly ED/PD's when they got the rank to fly something bigger is because he wants to fight someone who can actually fight in a dread....and it ticks him off to no avail because honestly i think its cowardly because YOU KNOW the dessies are overpowered and you KNOW the admins wont do anything about it..why? dont know... but yeah

Go easy on GT, The people he REALLY liked have turned their backs against him and go out of their way to be mean to him....Sure he hates mirvers but he does so why? for prestige? no...because he wants to blow off steam..i've seen him do it myself and i talked with him about it....

And he's right..none of us understand what goes on in his head because he's afraid to open up in chat about it...he's got medical problems...he's got emotional issues...he's had trauma from being mistreated in school, in reality, and in Games/chatrooms

basically what im tryin to say is this, Guys, Go easy on him...he's harmless and dont give up on him because God knows, if people gave up on me...i'd be 6 feet under...or worse...in jail....Take it from me guys....Helping people is a 24/7 Job...if you give up on them...they'll backslide back to their old ways and i really do NOT want to see people like GT or Sixkiller get banned because someone gave up on him/her

My 2 Cents

Sup Goth.

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2007-06-27 13:13   

[ This Message was edited by: Twisted GothThug {C?} on 2007-06-28 05:43 ]

Email GothThug {C?}
Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2007-06-27 14:36   
Backing yourself up in your own thread, using an alt?

Yeah.

Email Supertrooper
icansee
Cadet

Posted: 2007-06-27 14:56   
DORAN HAS EDITED MY POST RUN FOR THE HILLS

[ This Message was edited by: Agent Uplink on 2007-06-27 22:53 ]

Glimmer
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2007-06-27 15:35   
I feel another song coming on, could be a seranade................

Email Glimmer   Goto the website of Glimmer
Rogue Spear
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2007-06-27 17:38   
Quote:

On 2005-05-02 18:41, Rogue Spear wrote:
Just wanted to fill you in on a little DS history in regards to the Assault Cruiser and why the name will not be changed again:

Initially, it was named: the Rogue Spear Assaults the Wicked and Fires Torpedos from the Launch tubes in the Cruiser, Cruiser. After some time, people voted to drop one of the Cruisers from the name, as it sounded rather silly...but honestly, The Rogue Spear Assaults the Wicked and Fires Torpedos From the Launch Tubes in the Cruiser, lacked something. A ring perhaps...not quite as catchy as: the Rogue Spear Assaults the Wicked and Fires Torpedos from the Launch tubes in the Cruiser, Cruiser.

After a few more patches and upgrades there were some more complaints and issues...the most common one was that players failed to explain the situation to the proper degree in battle, which lead to some Confusion. Ship types would get confused and team work fell apart when, upon arriving at the scene of a battle, the ship that the attacked player claimed to have seen was, infact, something entirely different.

This was due, inpart, to the similiar titles of the same cruiser types on the ICC side....there was the: the Rogue Spear Assaults the Wicked and Fires Torpedos from the Launch tubes in the Cruiser, Cruiser (which was later changed to: the Rogue Spear Assaults the Wicked and Fires Torpedos from the Launch tubes in the Cruiser) and then there was the slightly less powerfull: The Rogue Spear Caressess the Wrongdoers with Relatively Useless Rail Guns while Taking Damage to the Poorly Shielded Aft Section of the Cruiser, Cruiser.

I know...I know...even to a seasoned veteran, these two Cruiser types have a very similiar names.

The real issue, though, was that players were not taking the time to type out exactly what kind of cruiser they were either 1) attacking/attacked by or 2) flying. In some cases, such as the example below, players simply lacked the time to get the message across. This is an exact depiction of an ICC vs. UGTO battle that took place about 3 years ago: (pardon the spamming, I did not edit the original content of this event)

06:22:41 [-GTN-]kenetiks : "Incoming!"
[-GTN-]kenetiks is being Attacked
06:22:50 [-GTN-]Tbone : "kenetiks stop spamming!"
06:22:52 [-GTN-]Demorian : "kenetiks Stop it!"

06:22:54 [-GTN-]kenetiks has been kicked by [-GTN-]Rogue Spear

06:22:59 [-GTN-]Tbone : "Thank god! He was being soo annoying!"
06:23:03 [-GTN-]Rogue Spear : "What ship is there!"
06:23:09 [-GTN-]Tbone : " Its the Rogue Spear Assaults the Wicked and Fires Torpedos from the Lau..."
[-GTN-]Tbone has been destroyed by [S.W]AdmBito
06:23:13 [-GTN-]Rogue Spear : " Crap! Demo, what ship is Bito flying? I don't want to jump in there is if its the Rogue Spear Assaults the Wicked and Fires Torpedos from the Launch tubes in the Cruiser, Cruiser "
06:26:34 [-GTN-]Demorian : " I had to e-jump...hull at 4%...its a Rogue Spear Assaults the Wicked and Fires Torped wwwwwwwwwdddddddddddd aaaaaaaaa"
[-GTN-]Demorian has been destroyed by [S.W]AdmBito

*[-GTN-]Rogue Spear quickly logs

A Graphic example of how poor information leads to poor teamwork...had the players used the correct names, this defeat would not have happened.

Sadly, the name was eventually changed to the bland, hum-drum name that exists today. The numbers of players lost due to this change is still a closely guarded secret, but needless to say don't press this kind of change on our fragile community again. Please.

Edit: Quistis is cool.

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2007-06-28 05:22   
whatever rogue...

and you 3 are so wrong its not even funny XP

Email GothThug {C?}
-Smokey-
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2007-06-28 12:08   
No.

[ This Message was edited by: Doran on 2007-06-28 12:18 ]

-Daedalus-
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2007-06-28 12:15   
No.

[ This Message was edited by: Doran on 2007-06-28 12:18 ]

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2007-06-28 12:22   
Go go Doran mod powers!

I mean

No.

Jaydawg
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2007-06-28 14:27   
I just find it hilarious that this exact thing has happened at least once before. Goth starts a big thread about how he's hated and is going to leave, then next week he's back again.

All you people are just getting sucked into this...again.

/delete this thread pls.

Email Jaydawg   Goto the website of Jaydawg
CrashDown
Cadet

Posted: 2007-06-28 15:07   
should i insert the vid where some dude screams NUUUUUB?

icansee
Cadet

Posted: 2007-06-28 15:27   
NO. (this post has been edited by doran)NO. (this post has been edited by doran)NO. (this post has been edited by NO. (this post has been edited by doran)doran)NO. (this post has been edited by doran) this place is a dictatorship Doran needs to have her editing rights removed please

[ This Message was edited by: Agent Uplink on 2007-06-28 15:33 ]

-RevenG-

Raven Warriors

Posted: 2007-06-28 15:32   
Quote:

On 2007-06-28 15:27, Agent Uplink wrote:
Doran needs to have her editing rights removed please

Dude, Doran is a she? Doran, we demand pics. Now.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Page created in 0.027165 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR