No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +6.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Sir Oblivion {C?}

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » OMG
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
 Author OMG
GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2007-06-24 21:49   
You know i dont know where to start....the fact that my feelings and emotions are pushed to the limit or the fact that im getting Brutally Teased, Made fun of...harrassed...Greifed into leaving the game...take yer pick thats probably it...My previous post stating that the WKM clan was disbanding got locked for what? NO REASON! a thread i made 2 days ago about the unfairness in this damn game what happened to it? LOCKED and moved to staff miscellenia! why!? no one gives reasons anymore and im freaking fed up with it! This has been eating at me for a long time now... and the fact that these "SO called mods" are not enforcing the rules and not doing anything about these Greifing Mirvtards just makes me freaking sick you know that!? And some of my posts are lame and stupid like a certain person says...im just fed up with the way i am treated in this game like its okay to be in high school again and tease the geek or...make fun of the nerd or...being in a Clique and choosing who you can be friends with....

I have tried being freaking patient with you guys..but no you test my limits in game and out of game...you harrass me about mirving...you harrass me with ED's in game and then you GLOAT about it out of game it makes me FREAKING SICK! that people like this can get away with it AND THEY GET NOJ FREAKING PUNISHMENT whatsofreaking ever!

I even overlook the fact that some of the mods tease me and i just shrug it off like its no big damn deal but you know what it is a big deal to me....

I am Muted for making valid points, My Threads are locked and mocked...IM TOLD TO BE silent because why? they know im right and dont wanna fracking admit it....IM TIRED OF IT!

[Edit] if this post gets locked too..then im doing something right! so DONT LOCK IT! i made a valid point here and if its locked....psh whateva

[ This Message was edited by: Twisted GothThug {C?} on 2007-06-24 21:52 ]

Email GothThug {C?}
Peter Wiggin
Midshipman

Posted: 2007-06-24 22:07   
He does make valid points, I have seen a lot of un-neccessary abuse toward players, and apathy on the part of mods at times apathy is inappropriate.

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2007-06-24 22:14   
You also have to consider the effect you're having on others. Even if you do make some valid points here or point out poor sportsmanship there, if it escalates in to a flame war - or seems extremely likely to - then we will act.

Feel free to appeal specific incidents, but generalizations are more difficult to work with.

On the other hand, we did discuss the pervasive harassment these days in our staff meeting, so things might start happening there.

Also consider using a different subject; 'OMG' isn't terribly descriptive. But that's just a minor personal irk because of this thread's presence on the Latest Topics list. So whatever.

Email Shigernafy
Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2007-06-24 22:19   
Quote:

On 2007-06-24 21:49, Twisted GothThug {C?} wrote:
You know i dont know where to start....the fact that my feelings and emotions are pushed to the limit or the fact that im getting Brutally Teased, Made fun of...harrassed...Greifed into leaving the game...take yer pick thats probably it...

/report

or tell a moderator. Harrasment is a breach of the RoC. People making fun of you for who you are is not.

Quote:

My previous post stating that the WKM clan was disbanding got locked for what? NO REASON! a thread i made 2 days ago about the unfairness in this damn game what happened to it? LOCKED and moved to staff miscellenia! why!?

Most threads you make, your fault or not, turn into flame fests. IMHO. Otherwise, ask a moderator.

Quote:

no one gives reasons anymore and im freaking fed up with it! This has been eating at me for a long time now... and the fact that these "SO called mods" are not enforcing the rules and not doing anything about these Greifing Mirvtards just makes me freaking sick you know that!?

1) Hypocrit
2) MIRVing is not breaking any rules. Some people just find it unethical.
3) Calling the mods lazy is a great way to piss them off.

Quote:

And some of my posts are lame and stupid like a certain person says...im just fed up with the way i am treated in this game like its okay to be in high school again and tease the geek or...make fun of the nerd or...being in a Clique and choosing who you can be friends with....

1) Hypocrit
2) If you can't deal with society, leave. If you can't deal with people critizing the flaws in your character and you can't find ways to fix them, perhaps you should go find a nice bubble to live in.

Quote:

I have tried being freaking patient with you guys..but no you test my limits in game and out of game...you harrass me about mirving...you harrass me with ED's in game and then you GLOAT about it out of game it makes me FREAKING SICK! that people like this can get away with it AND THEY GET NOJ FREAKING PUNISHMENT whatsofreaking ever!

1) Hypo-...nevermind
2) Name people who get away with "harrasing you" and "gloating that they did so" and name what "punishment" they should get for "feeling a Phyrric victory". Please, go right ahead - name things people have done wrong to you that break the RoC. Name how they have gotten off scott free.

Quote:

I even overlook the fact that some of the mods tease me and i just shrug it off like its no big damn deal but you know what it is a big deal to me....

Society, Again.

Quote:

I am Muted for making valid points, My Threads are locked and mocked...IM TOLD TO BE silent because why? they know im right and dont wanna fracking admit it....IM TIRED OF IT!

I'm sorry Dave, but I don't see any valid points you ever make. Would you like to play a game?

I also like your paranoia how everybody is out to get you, and silence your obviously correct ways.

Quote:

[Edit] if this post gets locked too..then im doing something right! so DONT LOCK IT! i made a valid point here and if its locked....psh whateva

no. if a thread gets locked, it means you did something wrong. Your attempts to rally the playerbase against the moderators because you cannot handle society and your own personal ineptitude will never ever work. Maybe that is why your threads always get locked

also - making threads reminding everybody what is "wrong" with the game and "who is wrong" in the game serves no purpose but to increase hate and fracture this community more. Thanks alot for being mature, Goth.

[ This Message was edited by: Fattierob (x = (-b + y) / m) on 2007-06-24 22:23 ]

Rogue Spear
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2007-06-24 22:24   
Like a burning sun,
Our hearts yearn for fun,
Could it be wrong to say,
Kindness for Goth is far away?

This isnt the first,
However its certainly the worst,
I ask for the meaness to stop,
So this thread isnt locked,

To put things straight,
He is Darkspace's most great,
Rogue supports Goth the most,
Even as the staff dont,
And thats really all I have to say,
Dont be mean to Goth today.

This poem of support and kindness was brought to you by Rogue Spear.

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2007-06-24 22:28   
Thank you Rogue Spear. You just made my week.

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2007-06-24 22:29   
you dont see a valid point fatty because you're not here most of the time...and there are many circumstances that im teased about i cant remember all of them...but 2 of them you KNOW very well....one of them tractored ronzo into the side of a planet and the other.....well....just plain ol greifing.....i dont like it it needs to stop -.-

Email GothThug {C?}
Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2007-06-24 22:33   
Quote:

On 2007-06-24 22:29, Twisted GothThug {C?} wrote:
you dont see a valid point fatty because you're not here most of the time...

not...where? in game? on the forums? in the chatroom?

I'm here in all three plenty, thank you.

Quote:

and there are many circumstances that im teased about i cant remember all of them

Okay, Bill.

Quote:
...but 2 of them you KNOW very well...
one of them tractored ronzo into the side of a planet and the other.....well....just plain ol greifing.....i dont like it it needs to stop -.-

Tractoring into a planet is a valid part of the game. Tractoring through a planet...I believe thats a no.

griefing? you mean MIRVing? must I say the H word again?

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2007-06-24 22:37   
Quote:

On 2007-06-24 22:19, Fattierob (x = (-b + y) / m) wrote:
no. if a thread gets locked, it means you did something wrong. Your attempts to rally the playerbase against the moderators because you cannot handle society and your own personal ineptitude will never ever work. Maybe that is why your threads always get locked

Well, to a certain extent such posts are asking for witty replies like yours, and what you say certainly has some truth to it. At the same time, I think my post and the one prior to it demonstrate that it is not necessary to pick apart the attackable parts of the post or person posting and treat them poorly or tear them apart. As you recommend avoiding situations, societies, and people with whom you can't easy relate, why not just avoid posting to threads you find stupid? Or avoid posting about parts you find stupid.

In some cases, its valid. And in this case, I admit, your post was mostly reasonable and sought to logically address the points made in another post. At the same time, as you yourself say, making negative posts and pointing out the flaws in others doesn't necessarily make the world a better place.

How about the antigoths stop jumping on his posts to mock him, Goth stops posting emotional outbursts in the general forums, and staff start working harder on controlling harassment?

Goth, your posting rights aren't revoked, but if you have a complaint, try to limit it to a more specific posting of whats wrong and what we can do to help, either in Staff Feedback or in private messages. If you want to undertake community overhauls or attitude changes, try framing things in a positive manner with concrete steps or things people can do to help, rather than vague impassioned pleas to stop the insanity!

Others, if you don't have something nice to say, save your fingers the work of typing it.

Oh, and Rob - nice HAL reference. I laughed.

Email Shigernafy
Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2007-06-24 22:42   
Quote:

On 2007-06-24 22:37, Shigernafy wrote:
Quote:

On 2007-06-24 22:19, Fattierob (x = (-b + y) / m) wrote:

Well, to a certain extent such posts are asking for witty replies like yours, and what you say certainly has some truth to it. At the same time, I think my post and the one prior to it demonstrate that it is not necessary to pick apart the attackable parts of the post or person posting and treat them poorly or tear them apart. As you recommend avoiding situations, societies, and people with whom you can't easy relate, why not just avoid posting to threads you find stupid? Or avoid posting about parts you find stupid.

I'm not treaing him poorly. I'm not trying to "pick him apart or attack him". I'm just tired of this always happening. I'm tired of seeing the same thing all the time - The eternal recurrence of the same. Why do I post in threads I find stupid? In the hopes something good comes out of it, and somebody learns something. Maybe they won't make the same mistake again. Maybe they'll be understanding - anything to show maturity.

Quote:

In some cases, its valid. And in this case, I admit, your post was mostly reasonable and sought to logically address the points made in another post. At the same time, as you yourself say, making negative posts and pointing out the flaws in others doesn't necessarily make the world a better place.

No, it doesn't make the world a better place. I can only hope it does. However, I believe that, if a person truly wants to become a better person, pointing out their flaws....will help them. I'm not trying to be rude here. I'm not perfect either - but I know my flaws, embrace them, and find ways around them.

Quote:

How about the antigoths stop jumping on his posts to mock him, Goth stops posting emotional outbursts in the general forums, and staff start working harder on controlling harassment?

I would love to see this happen.

Quote:

Goth, your posting rights aren't revoked, but if you have a complaint, try to limit it to a more specific posting of whats wrong and what we can do to help, either in Staff Feedback or in private messages. If you want to undertake community overhauls or attitude changes, try framing things in a positive manner with concrete steps or things people can do to help, rather than vague impassioned pleas to stop the insanity!

Others, if you don't have something nice to say, save your fingers the work of typing it.

Oh, and Rob - nice HAL reference. I laughed.

I can not agree more. Maybe that's all that should be posted, and leave it at that.

And that was a HAL/Wargames splice reference. it's late =P

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2007-06-24 23:19   
Quote:

On 2007-06-24 22:24, Rogue Spear wrote:
Like a burning sun,
Our hearts yearn for fun,
Could it be wrong to say,
Kindness for Goth is far away?

This isnt the first,
However its certainly the worst,
I ask for the meaness to stop,
So this thread isnt locked,

To put things straight,
He is Darkspace's most great,
Rogue supports Goth the most,
Even as the staff dont,
And thats really all I have to say,
Dont be mean to Goth today.

This poem of support and kindness was brought to you by Rogue Spear.

a Poem of Support? Seems like a Subtle Note saying LOCK THIS THREAD am i getting warm rogue? cause it sure seems like it -.-

Email GothThug {C?}
Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2007-06-24 23:35   
How do you figure that?

Email Shigernafy
-RevenG-

Raven Warriors

Posted: 2007-06-24 23:43   
Rogue...that was great. Goth, your threads are locked because they tend to start flame threads, as Shig pointed out. You make a thread like this, and people are going to attack you. The mods are doing you a favour by locking threads like these, because that way you don't flamed even worse.

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2007-06-24 23:49   
Thing is...im not looking for a flamer fest err flame fest or what have you im interested on what people have to say..and if i dont like it...i give them my opinion...and they give me mine...thats not a flame thats communicating with me to let me know what im doing wrong....

im highly misunderstood...and sometimes i dont even know that im annoying you guys but instead of "Goth shush yer only making things worse" i get "the ignore" or....harrassed in game....people ACTUALLY look for where im at in the MV and they GO TO that planet and freaking level it...or look to tractor me into it or....see what im getting at here? way back yonder ago...people actually respected me (to a certain extent) and now that...is gone...I remember years ago...Riley, Sardauker....Rogue...Even Nelson would come to my defense....but...all thats gone

Email GothThug {C?}
-Daedalus-
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2007-06-25 00:30   
Goth,

Don't take the following the wrong way.

Everything that happens to you in this game happens for a reason and you and only YOU can stop it. You for the most part bring the attacks on yourself because you *complain*(Mr Black) about it and it entertains people and they want to see more. Your *continual posts*(Mr Black) about mirving need to stop or the only person who is going to get banned in the end is yourself because the mods will just get sick of you ranting and people helping it along which disturbs the game.

I will admit I am one of the people who do things in game to *annoy you*(Mr Black) because I myself am soo sick of your *continual posts*(Mr Black). I hope that*some action will be taken by the staff to remedy this situation*(Mr Black)

Everyone but you seems to understand why people treat you the way they do and the sooner you clue into the reasons the sooner you will be able to change your ways and people will leave you alone.

You wonder why people attack you non-stop in MV hmmm could it be you brag like you are gods gift to MV and for someone to kill you they feel it just takes you down a notch. When I killed you in MV you claim I was bugged, cheating and you were lagged only because you couldn't admit I killed you but yeah who cares I had my laugh for a bit in the lobby and let it go.

Things you can do to solve your problems

a) don't reply to every comment made towards you
b) play the game and stop lobby camping. I am not sure why you never play but that is something for you to figure out.

And the most important
c) *Avoid posting so much*(Mr Black)

[*edit*] It is not difficult tone the aggression down in your posts, and still convey the same message while avoiding personal insults. Please do so in future. - Mr Black

[ This Message was edited by: Mr Black on 2007-06-25 06:45 ]

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Page created in 0.020245 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR