No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.6 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Satallites
 Author Satallites
Tygoth
Cadet

Posted: 2007-01-15 19:29   
This idea hit me just shortly after I got shot out of the sky by yet another ICC defense system. UGTO defense systems are not as good as either ICC or K'Luth, but there is a way to even things up. A planetary satallite defense package in orbit around any planets built up to 90 tech and possesing lvl 3 defenses. They would orbit at a predetermined distance from the planet and work in concert with the interdictor bases, they would have an ability for enhancing sensor detection against ECM and Cloaking systems; be able to shoot down incomming bombs; and attack all enemyships with cannons, lasers, and missles. The number of satallites would be determined by the number of defenses bases on the planet, possibly one for every three on the ground.

As of late there has been an all out free-for-all in bombing all UGTO planets flat, the biggest reason is that is just easy to be that lazy. Well here is a way for it to be equal. All ICC/K'Luth defenses are far superior, UGTO bombers get quite the pounding while trying to cover bombs to the target. Even if they turn at about 100-125gu, the defenses get almost all of the bombs. By anyones account that is much better than what the UGTO offers. It might be time to make it just a little more painfull and not such a cake walk, however please dont take my tone the wrong way my frustration about loosing the ship to that planet doesnt change the fact that this might be a good way to challenge us all to do better.

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2007-01-15 19:50   
http://beta.darkspace.net/index.htm?module=document.php&doc_id=14&chap_id=626&chap_name=7, as well as sections 8 and 9

Lawman
Fleet Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2007-01-16 16:04   
Platforms............
*drools*
Lawman want platforms, next patch delays bad.
*sobs*

Email Lawman   Goto the website of Lawman
Tygoth
Cadet

Posted: 2007-01-17 18:41   
Ok, so, I didnt know. I am a total noob, but the idea really does have a lot of appeal.

Page created in 0.007806 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR