- Weekly DarkSpace
05/18/24 +2.1 Days
- Towel Day
05/25/24 +8.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Wormhole fishing - needs to be banned.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
 Author Wormhole fishing - needs to be banned.
YIIMM
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-06-03 16:18   
The reason that not many K'luth are complaining is that cloaked ships are invisible in the navigation screen, so you have no point of reference to spawn a wh.

As a tactic I agree it's undoubtedly more fun when you're not on the receiving end and probably a lot less so when you are, but it's a valid tactic.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-06-03 17:03   
Quote:

On 2006-06-03 15:59, Zeritu {Da Hui} Recruiting wrote:
Jack from the Track record Exploits only start getting Posted when one faction is on the Winning side.Wh fishing was talked about in the Lobby for a few week but the Posting about only Poped up when UGTO only had Sol left Why is that?

Which explains why we had 6 systems last night, doesn't it Zeritu?

Kanman
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2006-06-03 17:57   
what WAS the original desugn function for tractors anyway? i cant imagine any other use for them other than pushing ships into planets.... i mean once a station came through a WH too fast and almost rammed aplanet, but my stations's tractors pulled him back just enough to let him turn away, but i mean how often does something like that happen?

Lux (Polaris)
Fleet Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2006-06-03 20:26   
Uh, when I'm not subbed, I usually fly around in a tractor scout in battles, using the tractor power to help allies dodge torpedoes and cannons, and also let them get into better position, say, pull them back so they're behind an enemy. I also look for people in orbit of planets.

Loyal Admiral of the Interstellar Cultural Confederation Navy.
Senior Commander of the Raven Warriors, the ICC elite.
Captain of the Assault Dreadnaught \"Gungnir\"

Email Lux (Polaris)
Drow
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-06-04 22:40   
Maybe this was mentioned, I didnt read all the posts..

Is a tractor beam a weapon? How about a asteroid? We use these as weapons. Tractoring ships into a planet (wormholing people elseware. yes into a planet should be a nono - code seams broken to prevent this). Tractoring asteroids into a planet - the planet has no defense of this, that sounds like a exploit when a target has 0 defense agenst a weapon of mass destruction.

Lets see.. Oh, using the camera feature to view a enemy planet and see the enemy ships around it. That one is not even a realistic possibility in any way, how do I see ships on a planet across the galaxy? So that is a exploit, dont get cought doing it.

This post is only intended to point out many things can, and are, used for a variety of reasons. Weather for defense, offense, or otherwise. Any item can be used for something not realy intended. The wormholes main use is to get ships from point A to B. Using a wormhole to get a enemy from B back to A is no different than using it for friendly ships, thus it is using it for the purpose it was intended for. Just in a mean way.

Using a wormhole to put another ship inside a planet/sun should not be allowed, and considered a exploit due to the fact its not suposed to be able to be placed within a distance of a object like that. Thus its a bug being abused, aka exploit, aka banable offense. Or did I read the section on abusing bugs wrong?

---

3.1.9 Cracking / System Exploitation
d. # Exploiting any bug or weakness in the DarkSpace Game System is forbidden.
This includes not only the exploits listed in section 3.3 of this document, Game Exploits, but also anything that clearly provides an advantage for some over others, and is not designed to be that way. Players are required to communicate any bugs or weaknesses they discover to PaleStar via email or any official bug-reporting facilities provided by PaleStar. Distribution and/or publication of information about any bugs or weaknesses in the DarkSpace Game System for the purposes of encouraging exploitation by any other DarkSpace Players and/or Staff is forbidden.

---

It seams that using a WH to place any ship inside the kill area of a object (inside a planet, ect.) would be abusing a in game mechanics failure. Since a WH is not suposed to apear in such a manner, doing such is abuse.

Yet using a WH to move a ship (enemy or otherwise) to a 'Galaxy far far away', would be completely allowable as its using it as intended. So long as you not avoiding the timer. Or any of the other well known ways of geting another WH to spawn.

Anyway.. beware scouts..

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-06-04 23:03   
But using a tractor scout involves RISK. It puts you right next to the enemy, and you have to keep close! Not to mention tractoring roids into planets involves skill and timing.

Using a wormhole, you can be anywhere around 2.5 million gu away, not even in the same system, and involves no skill.

And Drow, you can't camera enemy planets. It won't allow you too.

[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash *Jack* *SL3* on 2006-06-04 23:04 ]

Drow
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-06-04 23:58   

Picky picky Zoom in in enemy planet ya nut, you know what I meant. And I just realized exactly what ya meant for fishing. Bringing a enemy ship to your friendly planet so the planet can kill the enemy with defenses... Dirty handed.

Illegal? na. But with the accuracy, if it is that accurate as im hearing, then perhaps it should be determined that untill the accuracy is back to a random 1kgu (assuming its suposed to be that way), that creating a WH within 1k of a friendly planet with the obvious intent of bringing a enemy ship in for a planet kill is illegal.

Could be a bit of a fine line to determine if its fishing, or not. Or it could be real easy to blatently see. If everyone sees a WH by a combat zone they will just yell FISHING! even if its not.. so I can see more arguments arising from someone just wanting to complain cause there loosing a battle and see a WH appear.

But using a WH in the middle of combat to send a ship a zillion years away is awsom fun

YIIMM
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-06-05 00:58   
Perhaps it should be made a rule that one can only WH fish a tractor scout, which subsequently pushes the responsible station/WGC into the friendly planet.

Thugomatic
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2006-06-05 02:03   
Give the Uggers a wh gen cruiser, this is a big advantage towards icc as this ship requires far less rank too fly than the counterpart faction wh vessels, This in its own right is a huge benefit too the Ickers(yes im flyin em now).
And i hate too say it u fellow ickers i do not exactly think this any form of talent or skill too perform, its almost as hard as orbiting, only more time involved thats it, more time.

Too the Gents who say it is a creative way to use this device all i can say is thats why F made WHs so darn inconsistant is because this problem was forseen by him long ago. Only im not sure when or how but WH's become super stable since 1481.

Ok it be late and these be the sole views and opinions of myself and should not be taken lightly, erre heavily, If things happen too turn out that Wh fishing is the future than i guess we may as well cull Station and dreads, another reason not too fly em i guess

Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2006-06-05 03:48   
id like to comment at Ent:P
Proof that WH gen cruisers have better accuracy?
well aside that my lvl 2 WH device only creates a WH about 1 on 5 times, when i am not trying to fish anyone, and when im trying to make it so that i get a good 1k away from anything, none

Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2006-06-05 07:50   
Zeritu did you even read my reply after the first time you asked that question?

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2006-06-05 08:36   
Quote:

On 2006-06-05 03:48, Sixkiller [CEC] wrote:
well aside that my lvl 2 WH device only creates a WH about 1 on 5 times, when i am not trying to fish anyone, and when im trying to make it so that i get a good 1k away from anything, none

Personal experiences are circumstantial, henceforth, the only thing that really carries weight if F came in and threw down the numbers that infact, prove that the WH gen 2 device has less of a chance to accurately place on your coordinates that nthat of a WH gen 1 device.

Otherwise, for all we know, uggies could all be banding together to say that just to have the use of it banned in that way. ^^

Proof, folks, sometimes I think people feel their word alone is more than enough.

-Ent

$yTHe {C?}
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2006-06-05 17:03   
I have a super sweet solution to all of this. First of all, don't sit still, ever. You should never be sitting still anyway, in the case that something close jump you, and alphas your butt. If you sit still, theres the eventual chance that WH will get you. If you're moving, that chance is significantly less.

Second, if you're in something other than a station, jump away. You can sit out of target and camera range, and if they make a move, jump back in and defend.

If you're a station... oh well. You chose to fly it. Deal with the consequences. You shouldn't be at a planet anyway, unless you're actively taking part in the defense. The real purpose of the station is to be a home away from home, a mobile repair bay for ships trying to take over the system, and then you show up as the coup de resistance.

+1

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-06-05 17:11   
Quote:

On 2006-06-05 08:36, Enterprise wrote:
Quote:

On 2006-06-05 03:48, Sixkiller [CEC] wrote:

Personal experiences are circumstantial, henceforth, the only thing that really carries weight if F came in and threw down the numbers that infact, prove that the WH gen 2 device has less of a chance to accurately place on your coordinates that nthat of a WH gen 1 device.

Otherwise, for all we know, uggies could all be banding together to say that just to have the use of it banned in that way. ^^

Proof, folks, sometimes I think people feel their word alone is more than enough.

-Ent

Wormhole Generator I generates within a random 500 gu spot.
Wormhole Generator II generates within a random 1000 gu spot.

There.

And I DO know.

Coeus
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2006-06-05 17:31   
Down jack.

ICC Security Council Chief Enforcer

Email Coeus   Goto the website of Coeus
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Page created in 0.027458 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR