- Weekly DarkSpace
05/18/24 +2.6 Days
- Towel Day
05/25/24 +8.9 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Wormhole fishing - needs to be banned.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
 Author Wormhole fishing - needs to be banned.
Tellaris
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-06-05 23:12   
How to solve Wormhole fishing... Firstly, if it is anywhere near a planet, it fails (don't want those pulling planets around, and they would, realisticly.)
Make them last more then 5 minuites. That'll make EVERYONE think twice before trying to fish (gives enemy more then enough time to counterstrike. Also means players will have to actually defend their Wormholes if they don't want the enemy pouring out into their system. This may actually encourage more strategic use of the wormhole, rather then just spawning them at random.)
And, theoretically, is a wormhole even possible in a strong gravity well that can be found near large planets/stars?

To end wormhole fishing, you can make it so it will always fail within 500 gu of a planet, and will fail 50% more of the time within 1000 gu. Reason? Wormhole is unsustainable in a semi-strong gravity well. Doesn't have to be true, this is a fictional game anyway.
Stars do have a gravity well as well, so you will need to take that into account before you assign numbers such as above.

Forgot to mention, this would have to be from the planet's surface. Especially since some of the gas giants are 500+gu big.

[ This Message was edited by: Tellaris on 2006-06-05 23:24 ]

Fluffy Bunny
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-06-06 02:23   
wh fishing into a planet instant kill , well i try logging on 5 times losing most of my garage dying before i realise someone was wayting with tractor scout, i ofcourse never saw that since i did't get past ship screen before i was dead, feels like a exploit for me too, takes just as much risk as a wh takes to fly near you and wh you into to a planet/sun etc none of them gaing any pres, only we lose it, but as long as it seems possibel within the game, not like i seen it says anywhere you cant within the roc (not i really check that much for it). But players something not allow is kinda pointless, players suggesting something should not be allow, now thats a nother matter entirely, something that would improve the game, something that was open for discussion and would benefit the whole community.

Oh and the only reason ppl saying tractor is a viabel tactic is that the players dont benefit from it pres wise, well they dont benefit from it pres wise either if they fish a station into a planet either do they, so how does this makes it difirnt, in both cases ppl are kill becourse they are not moving, not paying attention or not having a chance to course of lag weather that being trying to log a ship without ever seing it comming out or being wh into a planet sun etc.

As a kluth we ofcourse only have stations to pull that off and for us not reach ga yet we usuly prefer to get pres from the kills too so trying to place in one of those small planet klusters we have is rarely something we can pull of even if we have a few ships to help kill

Making wh unabel to spaw near a planet would make it annoying to move a station around if it had to leave orbit and its protection, not to mention when moving fleet if you had to relog the station after wh was made to get a ship.

Kluth stations wh fails 4 out of 10 times too like six says too and if its fully upgrade the recharge time is annoying to say the least, not to mention if you try to leave a battle if we had anything to complain about it should be that since one would thing the chances of getting a more stable wh would be on a station than a cruiser, since it has more power etc.

Well just my 5 cents, or 1 Dkr etc

FB

[ This Message was edited by: Fluffy Bunny on 2006-06-06 02:26 ]

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2006-06-06 04:49   
Quote:

On 2006-06-05 17:11, BackSlash *Jack* *SL3* wrote:
Quote:

On 2006-06-05 08:36, Enterprise wrote:
Quote:

On 2006-06-05 03:48, Sixkiller [CEC] wrote:
id like to comment at Ent:P
Proof that WH gen cruisers have better accuracy?
well aside that my lvl 2 WH device only creates a WH about 1 on 5 times, when i am not trying to fish anyone, and when im trying to make it so that i get a good 1k away from anything, none

Personal experiences are circumstantial, henceforth, the only thing that really carries weight if F came in and threw down the numbers that infact, prove that the WH gen 2 device has less of a chance to accurately place on your coordinates that nthat of a WH gen 1 device.

Otherwise, for all we know, uggies could all be banding together to say that just to have the use of it banned in that way. ^^

Proof, folks, sometimes I think people feel their word alone is more than enough.

-Ent

Wormhole Generator I generates within a random 500 gu spot.
Wormhole Generator II generates within a random 1000 gu spot.

There.

And I DO know.

Someone must have died and made Jack almighty ruler of knowledge and DS head programmer.

Your word = zilch. Maybe it holds something for others, but it means nothing to me, especially since your the one heading the idea of banning the use of it in this way, theres no way to know whether its the truth, hard, factual evidence.

You phail!

-Ent

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-06-06 06:01   
Quote:

On 2006-06-06 04:49, Enterprise wrote:

Your word = zilch. Maybe it holds something for others, but it means nothing to me, especially since your the one heading the idea of banning the use of it in this way, theres no way to know whether its the truth, hard, factual evidence.

You phail!

-Ent

If only you'd listened.

http://www.ravenwarriors.com/jack/whtest.wmv

$yTHe {C?}
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2006-06-06 08:42   
No, you both phail, because you're having a pissing contest on a Massively-multiplayer online spaceship game.

Walrus of Apathy
Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2006-06-06 09:22   
I put Wormhole Fishing into the same catagory as scout tractoring. Sometimes it's a usefull and proven to work tactic, othertimes it's just overkill. there are equal arguments on both sides and jack i hate to say this but there are no rules against it, it is legal and you should stop whining about it.

Email Walrus of Apathy
Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2006-06-06 09:56   
Quote:

On 2006-06-06 09:22, beastkiller wrote:
I put Wormhole Fishing into the same catagory as scout tractoring. Sometimes it's a usefull and proven to work tactic, othertimes it's just overkill. there are equal arguments on both sides and jack i hate to say this but there are no rules against it, it is legal and you should stop whining about it.

As you said, there are no rules against it and it is legal.
WTF you think we are trying to get done here?

Jaydawg
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2006-06-06 10:45   
You can't Wormhole fish in the lobby!

Email Jaydawg   Goto the website of Jaydawg
RonZo *FC*
Chief Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2006-06-16 15:45   
I posted on april 30 same thing. The post was closed and locked. The conclusion was it was not illegal. BUT IT IS CHEAP AND LAME.

FORUM INDEX > English > wh fishing PAGE 2.

well good luck!

Ronzo

$yTHe {C?}
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2006-06-16 16:06   

-RevenG-

Raven Warriors

Posted: 2006-06-16 16:09   
Just when we thought it was dead...

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-06-16 16:55   
hahahahhahahahahahaa oh my god

Email GothThug {C?}
doda *EP5 no longer exception...*
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-06-16 23:43   
lol good 1 brining back an old thread

btw it is illegal
I asked faust if wh fishing and tractoring ppl into planets was legal

20:52:55 [Admin]Faustus: "@doda... it should be against the roc, it is an exploit."

-RevenG-

Raven Warriors

Posted: 2006-06-16 23:50   
For the last time, tractoring people into planets is not an exploit. A couple others and I talked to a mod, who let us know it was fine. WH fishing into planets is illegal. Tractoring into planets isn't.

Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2006-06-17 02:06   
I for one would really like to see how you phrased it to Faust...

Darkspace: Twilight

Goto the website of Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Page created in 0.033910 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR