No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Wormhole fishing - needs to be banned.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
 Author Wormhole fishing - needs to be banned.
Joe dirt
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-06-02 23:35   
if anyone can put a wh right in front of a station and that station is paying any mind on whats going on then he deserves to get fished

rangar
Cadet

Posted: 2006-06-02 23:35   
as ICC, i agree that wh fishing INSIDE a planet should be stopped. fishing someone directly into a planet is abusing a bug.

THAT said, i dont think:

wh fishing in general should be banned (as long as the fisher doesnt bypass WH reload time/wh into a planet)

Goth, Your my oneway ticket to GA

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2006-06-03 00:44   
I agree, that wormhole fishing is indeed an acceptable tactic, quite brillant

what I DON'T agree on, is how acurately a wormhole can be spawned, and used.

Wormholes....how the hell can you maintain a stable wormhole? Be the hell happu you can make a wormhole, much less pinpoint within 500gu. god.

Wormhole fishing = good
wormhole fishing with unrealistic and game breaking accuracy = bad

Lark of Serenity
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2006-06-03 01:10   
tbh, i dont see anything wrong with the tactic at all for the following reasons:

1) creative use of game objects is part of what makes DS an extremely fun game to play. i dont think people should be angry that others were clever enough to come up with an original use for a game device.

2) there isnt really any advantage offered to anyone in the game... its like tractor scouts. almost anyone has access to a tractorscouts, tractorscouts dont break any part of the RoC, and the person performing the action doesnt gain prestige from it anyways... anyone can make a WH, all factions have ships to do it, this actually makes it more even than tractor scouting cause kluth dont have a tractor scout ship. nobody gains prestige from WH fishing... thus there is no advantage to any particular group that would make banning it legitimate

3) most ships can avoid a WH pretty easily, WH generation is fairly random, and its easy enough to avoid the WHs by staying away from planets where its easier for you to be detected.

i do agree that putting a WH into a planet should be a kickable/bannable thing, its not particularily fair. however, i also think that
A) most dreads have the armour to make a full turn around and come back through a WH safely, and at a low enough speed as to avoid hitting a planet they were fished from
B) a station can make a WH to anywhere it feels like if its been fished, so its not really an issue

if you get killed by a planet after being fished, report it, otherwise, deal with it because its a legitimate tactic.

Legatus Immolation
Marshal

Posted: 2006-06-03 02:16   
WH fishing is just bad simple as, k using 1 WH to make ur enemy move smewere else for a period of time is acceptable anymore than that, and crimson i have heard u as ICC saying oh watch Ronzo, or watch this certain player and poof WH's pop up and then u see them Die. Its a lame ass tactic for players that abuse the original use of the wormhole and in doing so cause other players to be put of the game......

Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2006-06-03 02:57   
Id like to say a few things as well:)
As far as i remember it has been posted by a mod in a forum that creating a WH in a planet for whatever purpose, may that be bombing or putting a person in it, is illegal. Im not gonna try and re-find that, but i thought it was there somewhere.
As for the point with tractor scouts, anyone paying attention can jump out or kill the scout, or use SY or whatever you want. Wh-fishing is if done good, unavoidable. You cant jump out, the WH is in front of you or right on you, when you go true your in a dictor field, and the person creating the WH cant be damaged.

Jaydawg
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2006-06-03 03:10   
Ok, I think what some people are having a problem with about this tactic is that...with tractors etc you can escape something like that rather easily? But, to the best of my knowledge(mind you I haven't played in quite a long time) you cannot dodge or escape a wormhole if it is dead on which = instant death?

Email Jaydawg   Goto the website of Jaydawg
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-06-03 04:10   
Jaydawg and Six are spot on. Tractor scouts involve RISK, and high risk. You're in a tiny scout, and capable of being blown to bits in seconds, you can also jump out.

But, like Six said, if wormholed, you have zero chance to escape, and at zero risk to you.

JRE
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-06-03 05:26   
I didnt even read the reply's to say that why the hell would you even do

this? You get nothing from it. Its lame, stupid, shows lack of skill, and you

dont get any pres from it. I spit on all the players that do this. The only

thing you accomplish is whiping out peeps hard earned (assuming your not

a mirv whore) pres.

JRE
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-06-03 05:32   
Nevermind I just read some of the dumbest replies. WH's are there to

move ships from point A to point B, not to move ships from Point A to

planet. Dont be stupid, this is not a tactic but an exploit on a poorly

designed feature in the game. I simple fix would be to not allow a wh to

form within say 250 gu from anything.

On another note, this is why I dont play, we have a bunch of friggin noobs

flying around that ruin the gaming experience for us all.

Zeritu
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2006-06-03 06:35   
A Question for all of you out there Why is it when a Faction takes control All the Little Babys start Whinning about This and That? Growup and just Play the Game we all Love and Stop the Baby Whinning once and for all!!

Goto the website of Zeritu
Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2006-06-03 07:21   
Zeritu i find the status of a faction having little to none to do with wether or not this would be an exploit.

Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2006-06-03 07:49   
i wonder why people are just reacting to the recent events using this wormhole tactic.

why i ask this question because beginning this year in beta i did this trick quit often when we were facing multiple stations.
i used wormholes to make then crash in the sun, or just send them out to the middle of nowhere.
i must add that later placing wormholes in a sun did became imposable.
due that probably F made prohibitations.

but i agree with most you people in the game wormholes may be used to get rid of stations. BUT ! the are not meant to be a weapon of destruction by making the exit point a planet.

Zeritu
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2006-06-03 09:30   
Sixkiller the Whinning about exploits don't start till one faction starts winning. and most of the Whiners seem to be on UGTO and in CEC.Why is that?

Goto the website of Zeritu
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-06-03 11:39   
Quote:

On 2006-06-03 09:30, Zeritu {Da Hui} Recruiting wrote:
Sixkiller the Whinning about exploits don't start till one faction starts winning. and most of the Whiners seem to be on UGTO and in CEC.Why is that?

And it explains why the only people defending it are ICC...

This has NOTHING to do with ICC, other than the fact that the wormhole gen cruiser has an increased chance of doing this. Stations can still be used. I was meerly using what happened to me yesterday as an example. It involved ICC, and it involved wormhole gen cruisers. As I mentioned below my post though, all factions can do this. It just seems to be, that the few select players that are doing this, are ICC. Tomorrow they could be UGTO or K'luth. That's all Zeritu. Also, if you'd read the replies, you'd know that this is on the edge of an exploit. You are NOT supposed to be able to spawn wormholes in planets, and a lot of people do.

It also seems that most of the 'whiners' are UGTO because there aren't many Kluth players. A lot of the ICC players are almost blind to what makes them #1 in this patch, yet the ICC player seem to deny it at the time. Whenever a ICC player who complains about UGTO whining comes to UGTO or K'luth and starts fighting ICC, it becomes the other way around. So the only reason UGTO 'whine' more than ICC and K'luth, is because there are little to no active K'luth players, and obviously ICC players are going to deny and try to protect all advantages they have over the other factions - it's human nature.

Mark my words, if there's a bug in the next version that tips the favour in K'luths way, it'll be ICC AND UGTO whining. Or if UGTO gets favour, K'luth and ICC will whine. It happens every version. 1.480 it was K'luth being able to use CL2K's on smaller ships. In 1.481, it was flux Siphon's and Missile Dreadnaughts. 1.482 was ok balance wise, it was just laggy. This patch is undoubtably ICC's patch, and you get quite a few advantages (unfair and unseen ones) over the other two factions - hence why players complain, and they do have a right to do this, if Faustus would hurry up and fix what's broken like a developer should, there wouldn't be problems like this.

Please do not turn this into an ICC v UGTO thread. I've already stated twice that I was just stating what had happened at the time, and that this implies to all wormhole devices.

[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash *SL3* *Jack* on 2006-06-03 11:40 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Page created in 0.024039 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR