No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Wormhole fishing - needs to be banned.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
 Author Wormhole fishing - needs to be banned.
Capt.picard
Admiral

Posted: 2006-06-17 04:34   
In response to Tellaris's question about wether a wormhole could actually spawn near a planet, the answer is yes, wormholes are punctures in space time. They are either created by expanding already existing micro singularities which should exist according to quantum theory, or by using a massive amount of energy to make your own (because of the big flash when wormholes appear i think the second is the most likely form of formation in dark space). because they are affect by gravity, more calulations would have to be done when forming a wormhole near a planet or star, and because of the over laping gravity fields strange things would happen, light would bend in funny ways, time would slow down, speed up and go in loops. finnally 2 wormholes at the same time would connect with each other, the four appatures formed would all connect to each other so in this case there would be a 1 in 3 chance of you acually going where you wan't to go. i understand that coding this would be difficult so i don't think that the 4 way connection should be done, it would probably annoy a very large amount of people. how ever i do think that wormholes spawning near planets should have a greater spawn time. This would correspond to the time dialation, it would discourage fishing because it would give people longer to come and get you through your own wormhole and kill you, plus it would also be handy if you are tying to get a large fleet through, if some one is late they have a greater chance of getting through the wormhole and not haveing to use jump gates or using jump drive to get where they wan't to go. Wormholes in both of the ways of formation i said above would require a ship with a wormhole device at each end.

Ps. sorry for lack of full stops and spelling i get carried away easily.

proud commander of the Extractor "Tribble barge"

doda *EP5 no longer exception...*
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-06-17 09:53   
Quote:

On 2006-06-17 02:06, Coeus wrote:
I for one would really like to see how you phrased it to Faust...

well I asked
"hey faust, is wh fishing and tractor scouting ppl into planets legal?"

Crim
Fleet Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2006-06-17 10:49   
Wormhole fishing people into planets/gas giants is Illegal, Tractoring them into it isnt.

RonZo *FC*
Chief Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2006-06-17 11:36   
Listen guys, i promise not to whine anymore and dont flame nobody. BUT, "the past" as u said, was ABOUT THIS for god sake, i had the vision that this will be getting worst and worst, and not only Ronzo is the victim now (cause i love flying stations) now theres a bunch of players suffering it.

I ve been fished several times after the first "whine", luckly for me i wasnt send to a star / planet, had the chance to scape using my own wh (gladly it was reloaded).

One thing, i see a wh, then a wh gen appears, in less than 2 mins he is front of me, 250 gus, wh me... boom! Only explanation i have, is that:

1.- Legal .- Other player opened a wh for him.
2.- Legal.- same player USES OTHER SHIP in garage ( he can have 6 wh gen modded and waiting. That should be legal, doesnt it? ).
2.- Ilegal.- Same player use a stock ship, open wh, syed, then use a new one with wh reloaded goes direct to station and BOOM! IS IT ILEGAL.. not sure.. its only an opinion...

Last thing im concerned:

Mods always asking me for screen shot about it to prove. HOW THE HECK i can take a screenie of being whd to a star if u dont have the chance! U DEAD INSTANTLY! so, u have to believe in some players and trust their word, otherwise u can use withnees and make a final judment.

For me, i can bare wh fishing, i learned and i know the risk of being wh fished.

U CAN WH FISH, I can, WE ALL CAN! but plez.. DONT DO IT INTO AN INSTANT kill.

No intentions of whine, or nothing, just trying to make DS better.

Txs

Ronzo

Dragonterro
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-06-17 15:48   
self if tractors into planet illegal how you wonna c hows make it he cloacked under ecm

Cataclysm
Cadet

Posted: 2006-06-17 15:49   
1. Make wormhole fishing illegal
2. Make tractoring THROUGH (sitting on one side of a planet and using tractor through it) illegal
3. Make tractoring into a planet illegal

Bobamelius
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-06-17 16:09   
4. Make thread resurrection illegal.

Email Bobamelius
NeoHermes (vigilance)
Cadet
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2006-06-17 16:42   
Who is the necromancer!?

"Never argue with an idiot. He will lower you to his level and beat you with experience"- Unknown

Email NeoHermes (vigilance)   Goto the website of NeoHermes (vigilance)
Crim
Fleet Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2006-06-17 17:00   
1. Wormholing players into Stars, an Age old tactic, and not Illegal.
2. Wormholing players into Gas Giants/Planets, is Illegal.
3. Spawning a Wormhole into a planet, is an Exploit.
4. Wormholing players into a Defense Filled Cluster, is not Illegal.
5. Tractoring people into a planet is not Illegal.
6. Tractoring people into a planet from the opposite side is an Exploit. (Unclear on this, but tractors should not work through planets.)
7. Wormholing another Wormhole Cruiser to the battlefield to wormhole a player somewhere is not Illegal.

$yTHe {C?}
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2006-06-17 17:23   
Something you all should see..

You've gone past the point of fruitful discussion; now you're just flaming eachother.

[ This Message was edited by: $yTHe {Go Czechs!} on 2006-06-17 17:24 ]

-RevenG-

Raven Warriors

Posted: 2006-06-17 17:24   
Nice red x sythe =P And I agree. it's gone to far.

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-06-18 01:40   
after what happened in Tripwik yesterday, i think i got WH fished twice im not sure but i found myself 2 mil GU from Generalcook and he said i was right next to him and then a few minutes later im heading face first into the maurbon planet with 100 GU of space too late to turn i got caught by the gravity well and was slammed into maurbon but thats what someone said i dont know because my comp crashed to desktop -.- and this is the 3rd FREAKING TIME this has happened!

Email GothThug {C?}
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
Page created in 0.021967 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR