No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Nuetrons
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
 Author Nuetrons
spatula
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2005-11-03 16:11   
Recently the UGTO nuetroned the ICC systems. While I realize that this is part of the game I think that nuetrons undermind the strategic part of bombing. With nuetrons any UGTO with sufficient rank (and there are a lot with it) can grab a bomber cruiser with 4 nuetrons and take almost any planet with ease using ECMs. ICC have the jump cruiser but that only has 2 bombs, which at least leaves some challenge while bombing. With nuetrons on a BC all they did was ECM bomb whole systems and move on. No challenge what so ever. It ruins game for those who spend time building planets just to realize that when they logged in they were captured. I think that nuetrons should get removed from game so that massive captures of planets and entier systems over the course of less than 1 day doesn't happen. With mirvs you at least had to build the planet so it was defended, with nuetrons you bomb and move on never worrying about the enemy capping you planets because planets already have defenses up. Now I don't hate nuetrons what I hate is that UGTO have huge bomb advantage over ICC, ICC have bomber dread but until you Admiral you can't use it plus it is slow, cant dodge missles, and takes a lot of ECMs to hide. Where as the UGTO have bomber cruiser which has 4 bombs which is more than enough to take any planet with 1 or 2 runs. Either get rid of nuetrons all together and restore the main advantage of the K'luth or give ICC a new bomber or add 1 bomb slot to jump cruiser.

Email spatula
Bobamelius
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-11-03 16:15   
Um...

You can do the same thing with Mirvs can't you?

And I'd be less disappointed to have my planet captured that annihilated...

Email Bobamelius
Captain Sternn
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-11-03 16:19   
something I noticed about neutrons is that planet pd seems alot less effective against ...maybe its just me but it seems that way.

Wolfi
Admiral

Posted: 2005-11-03 16:23   
look every 1s complaining about mirvs the only reason you want neutrons gone because ull be that little more immune to eveyone whats worse seeing the planets you worked on nuked Or seeing your planets captured and you could cap them back we wer in Ep ind and there was a guy scrapping all your hard built planets on his own now i see that worse than neutrons there was alot of us on and alot to prove my point stop complaining

ps: and wait a sec? dont you have a bomber frig a bomber dressie a bomber cruiser a bomber dread too and dont you have ECM? yea true bomber dread hard to hide but i was ICC and i found it great to bomb in a dressie actually easyier than the UGTO Cruiser your not stuck with just your precious jump cruiser are you?

[ This Message was edited by: Wolfi on 2005-11-03 16:37 ]

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2005-11-03 16:41   
remove all bombs.

problem solved.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-11-03 17:13   
LMFAO

You can't be serious...

ICC can use neut's too...

Not to mention they have...

Bomber Dessie (Best small bombing ship in the game)
Bomber cruiser (Jump Cruiser (it isn't that great I know)).
Bomber Dread (I need not say more on this one).

ICC complaining about bombing?

Please...

Smartin
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-11-03 17:19   
Lets just level everything again....:

ICC called UGTO whiners.

DarkSpace Community Website

Email Smartin
Starfist
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-11-03 17:54   
and dont forget the command carrier it can fit 3 bombs on it,

so icc have :

bomber scout
bomber frig
bomber dessy
bomber cruiser (JC)
bomber dread
command dread

all of these ships will fit bombs on them

ugto has

bomber corvet (scout)
bomber frig
bomber cruiser
command dread

hmmmm wonder who has the advantage of low rank bombers

[small][ This Message was edited by: Starfist on 2005-11-03 18:03 ][/small]

[ This Message was edited by: Starfist on 2005-11-03 18:30 ]

spatula
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2005-11-03 19:31   
you forgot to mention that UGTO has command dread also and even though ICC have bomber dessie it isn't that great because it has only 2 ECM slots and no rear armor leaving it very unprotected against UGTO and K'luth defense bases.

Email spatula
Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2005-11-03 19:34   
yep and pds work the same on nuets as they do mirvs its just if ya keep em under your shields or armor they are mostly proctected from the planets pd

Email Borgie
Starfist
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-11-03 19:38   
better read my post again the command dread is there,

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-11-03 20:35   

First and foremost, let me say that this practice of neutron bombing is far better than what ICC do, which is to level our planets to the ground and often enough not even capture them.

Next, lets go about rank. Star already did so, and that pretty much says it - ICC has more bombers, and more bombers that are much more capable that UGTO in bombing - the jump cruiser is probably the only bomber out of the 6 or 7 or so that the ICC have that is bad.

Not only that, but also, your argument on ECM is flawed mostly because ICC can use it just as we can - its not like its limited.

But I think the funniest part of this post was this...

Quote:

No challenge what so ever. It ruins game for those who spend time building planets just to realize that when they logged in they were captured. I think that nuetrons should get removed from game so that massive captures of planets and entier systems over the course of less than 1 day doesn't happen.

Im sorry, I just laughed so hard here..so..so hard...

I want to say how dare you even try this stunt of whine..but instead there is a better way.

First this better way is this : I think that you want neutrons removed so that ICCs only vulnerability to being bombed is removed - because it really is, as mirving ICC shields is almost impossible.

Secondly, itrying to say that Neutrons are worse that Mirvs, and then go on to say that neutrons allow capture planets and entire systems in less than a day - what about mirvs which allow you to capture entire planets and systems, in mere hours...

Oh but this gets better...

Quote:

With mirvs you at least had to build the planet so it was defended, with nuetrons you bomb and move on never worrying about the enemy capping you planets because planets already have defenses up. Now I don't hate nuetrons what I hate is that UGTO have huge bomb advantage over ICC,

What ICC actually ever builds the planets they nuke? Freaking a, hell even half the time, when ICC bomb UGTO they don't even cap the damn planet.

And that bit about UGTO having a huge advantage, at least ICC has Shields which protect against mirving, and have fighter bases with pd beams..

Talk about a huge advantage over UGTO...

Quote:

ICC have bomber dread but until you Admiral you can't use it plus it is slow, cant dodge missles, and takes a lot of ECMs to hide. Where as the UGTO have bomber cruiser which has 4 bombs which is more than enough to take any planet with 1 or 2 runs. Either get rid of nuetrons all together and restore the main advantage of the K'luth or give ICC a new bomber or add 1 bomb slot to jump cruiser.

Oh yes lets give ICC another set of advantages right? Oh but I see you completely ignored the Bomber Destroyer - which is actually in many way better than UGTO Cruisers - lower ranking, better shielding, and almost as many bomb slots!

Im sorry, but this post just apalls me to the point im glad I unsubbed...

-Ent

Dom243
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-11-03 20:39   
HAHAHA

ninja, would you rather we just destroy each of your planets?

Look, the point is, ICC def bases have pulse beams, they can take out like any amount of bombs in like 3 seconds, you also have planet shields making it near impossible to take an ICC planet without neutrons.

Leave the complaining about bombing to us UGTO and the K'luth.

Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-11-03 21:00   
This thread makes my brain cells cry...

Darkspace: Twilight

Goto the website of Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Sauur
Chief Marshal
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2005-11-03 21:25   
OMG! is all i can say about this thread. ROFLMAO

Nice control on the reply there Ent - wd

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Page created in 0.025418 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR