No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » losing interest
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
 Author losing interest
Leonide
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2005-10-15 21:35   
ok, i am losing interest in this game. the lag, the bugs and running into/lagging into planets is getting too high. my ship lagged into blue ball SECONDS after i spawned. this is total bull. i may uninstall the game from my computer unless this crap is fixed. i lost AME and AMJ's to lag. this is a great idea, just poorly executed and very problematic.

[edit] Yes yes, at least try and watch your language...

[ This Message was edited by: Bobamelius on 2005-10-15 22:44 ]

captain of the ICC Assault Cruiser C.S.S. Sledgehammer

Email Leonide
Philky!

Posted: 2005-10-15 21:45   
Don't let the door hit you on your way out.

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2005-10-15 22:16   
How the hell do you get 60k resources lost in not even 3 months of playing? since you didn't bomb planet whore your way to commander, i'll actually post this:

If you read the forums before, you would also notice everybody else has the same freaking problem and the person (notice the singular form of that noun) who codes the game is working on it..

[ This Message was edited by: Fattierob (x2 Pistolet Makarov) on 2005-10-15 22:17 ]

Dom243
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-10-16 01:06   
/starts a slowclap for Fattirobz statement/quote

c0ld
Midshipman

Posted: 2005-10-16 03:13   
Quote:

On 2005-10-15 22:16, Fattierob (x2 Pistolet Makarov) wrote:

If you read the forums before, you would also notice everybody else has the same freaking problem and the person (notice the singular form of that noun) who codes the game is working on it..

Funny, cause I thought he was working on some totally unnessecary new resourses system.
Or messing with the components again.
Maybe you meant about him trying to get the serverside to run on a mp server, like more processor power alone is enough to fix the de-sync issues.

Ever since the universe server was implemented we've had nothing but de-sync and major lag issues, nothing F has done has even scratched the surface. Does anyone still remember the lag in 1.480? We complained about lag then, but it was a cakewalk compared to the issues in all the following versions.
Look, here's a nice little example for yall. I expect your all used to crap like this, bored of it even;
So, all of a sudden I find myself a quarter of a million GU from where I should be, i.e in the battle consisting of a handfull of people.

I try to jump back to the battle, but just jump a few 100gu. Obviously I've become seriously de-synced and the server hasn't twigged yet. But hang on, everyone else knows where I am! I'm getting beaconed and shot at by invisible foes.

Why does the server think it a good idea to tell them where I am, but not me!? Well, I e-jump (yes the server was still accepting my commands) and log. Of course the ship is gone when I log back in again.
This crap has happened to me every time I've played for the last week, everybody else complains a the same time, but most are just used to it: Used of the fact that the game just doesn't work at a fundemental level.

Even if he was working on it, what makes you think it would get better and not worse?

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-10-16 15:02   
Actualy he's working on a total re-balance of several issues to make the game as near balanced as possible, if you can find the thread, drafell posted our 1.484 proposal (which he seems to be working with).

He's also working on the GNU server.

DOM700 [-IMO-]
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-10-17 06:50   
Quote:

On 2005-10-16 15:02, BackSlash *Jack* wrote:
Actualy he's working on a total re-balance of several issues to make the game as near balanced as possible

He has been working on some balance for years...dont give those people hope...

Never forget what you fight for
I have earned my betatester badge for being part of the open beta

Email DOM700 [-IMO-]   Goto the website of DOM700 [-IMO-]
Southpark
Admiral

Posted: 2005-10-17 12:38   
my god people, "TWO WEEKS" (tm)

have some PATIENCE..

oh wait..

Veronw
Marshal

Posted: 2005-10-17 21:06   
Dont go!!! Faustus has Beta up and running, which should be out in a month or two if people use it, and yes I know look who is talking but i cant get the client to work so lol....Once Beta is out and there are actually testers in, the lag shouldnt be so bad, less bugs, less planet collisions, and these things take time, I mena look at all of us!!! We have had to get used to this all over again when we all thought the last version was perfect....well some of us lol. It just takes time leonide....

Chubba
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-10-18 00:55   
The Lag always wins *nod*

Fatal Rocko Willis
Fleet Admiral
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2005-10-18 03:58   
Ok, I actually spoke with Faustus one morning early on a Sat/Sunday and he was doing the Resources down to one item vice ALL the different types to reduce the lag... instead of the Program keeping track of serveral different resources in real time it will only track one resource in realtime there for loosning up CPU power for other issues. He is, and I beleive him on this, taking a stand on trying to streamline some of the code and what the game tracks to save working cycles on the CPU. This is all done to free up stuff to reduce lag.

[bold]Takes off Green Jersey[/bold] Note: If you do not like the game as it is and are [bold]unwilling[/bold] to even wait till the next verision is released before bashing the current version, the future version or the creator of this game then you need to turn around and walk away. Many players have stayed around even though we know there are problems but we try to be constructive not destructive to the problems. You all should be that way too.[bold]Puts on Green Jersey[/bold]

Nuff Said

Email Fatal Rocko Willis
Nim *
Chief Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2005-10-18 05:49   
Quote:

On 2005-10-18 03:58, Rocko Willis wrote:

[bold]Takes off Green Jersey[/bold] Note: If you do not like the game as it is and are [bold]unwilling[/bold] to even wait till the next verision is released before bashing the current version, the future version or the creator of this game then you need to turn around and walk away. Many players have stayed around even though we know there are problems but we try to be constructive not destructive to the problems. You all should be that way too.[bold]Puts on Green Jersey[/bold]

Nuff Said

/me starts kicking Rocko in the stomach

How long did we wait for 1.483 to come out hoping it would solve all the problems? Instead it made it 10x worse

*nuff said*

Novacat
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-10-18 06:28   
Wow, people are actually seeing the truth of things.

Bravo.

Goto the website of Novacat
c0ld
Midshipman

Posted: 2005-10-18 13:50   
Quote:

On 2005-10-18 03:58, Rocko Willis wrote:
Ok, I actually spoke with Faustus one morning early on a Sat/Sunday and he was doing the Resources down to one item vice ALL the different types to reduce the lag... instead of the Program keeping track of serveral different resources in real time it will only track one resource in realtime there for loosning up CPU power for other issues. He is, and I beleive him on this, taking a stand on trying to streamline some of the code and what the game tracks to save working cycles on the CPU. This is all done to free up stuff to reduce lag.

That is, imho, something akin to fixing the symptoms of the problem instead of fixing the cause of the problem.

Remember, in 1.480 we had multi-resources (of sorts) and 100s of AI transports and creatures. Both with less lag and no zoning/desync issues.

This thing Faustus is doing is not 'streamlining the code', it's gutting and removing features in order to shoehorn in a bloated, buggy, cpu intensive server backend.

I don't hold it against him though, I'd probably do the same if I had poured so much time, effort and skill into something.

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2005-10-18 14:07   
If you don't like it, leave.

I mean, I can understanding saying "this is unbalanced, this is not working". but saying "OMFG WHY CAN YOU NOT GET ME NO LAGS?!?!?!19234i298" isn't helping...

seriously. I think the 1st reply had it right:

Don't let the door hit you on the way out. Thank you for your time playing this game for 9.99 month(see: cheap as hell for an MMORPG), and for your contributions to this community.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Page created in 0.023702 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR