Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Darkspace Video
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author Darkspace Video
Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2005-07-06 21:38   
i wanted to work on something but havent had the time... So if you want some images of the ships exteriors as the camera peals away or something, let me know i might be able to render a few shots like that using the real models, not in game...

Email Tael
_x$witchBladex_ [1.480 Fanboy]
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-06 21:41   
-That would be very appreciated Tael.

-$wiss, I'm thinking we should work on multiple videos. This way we can get multiple perspectives. Please do not feel like you cannot contribute in any way. Make a post on what you need here and I'll try my best to assist you as well. Meko just happened to Private Messege me with some details that interested me.

~Switch

[ This Message was edited by: _x$witchBladex_ [Delete Nicea!] on 2005-07-06 21:46 ]
* [=TB=]Enterprise @39933 sent to Clan: "Thats a lie Switch, you'd never let anyone else drink rum if it were right there. You'd slip teh roofies in and start drinking it yourself and not even realize it."

Lark of Serenity
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2005-07-06 22:25   
i did this video for media class, its just clip images but its pretty impressive, can send a copy over MSN if you like. we could sorta mingle still clips in with video footage and make it our unique video ad style perhaps? get them splashing special effects in too maybe? =)

Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-07 10:25   
Hmm, we shall see Lark. We might try to make a few movies, if we have the time. Send me what you have at spankthemonkey_10@hotmail.com . Yeah, I know it's hotmial but if it's under 200 mb...If not send me a messege and I'll figure somthing out.

~Switch

* [=TB=]Enterprise @39933 sent to Clan: "Thats a lie Switch, you'd never let anyone else drink rum if it were right there. You'd slip teh roofies in and start drinking it yourself and not even realize it."

Ospolos
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-07 12:41   
I await this nice project idea... i dont think I will be able to help out thoe, im headed to montreal for the weekend and then some, maybe if there is time when i come back i can help with the footage or something... If you need something switch that you think i might be able to do when im back, pop me a message when im on or email me at ospolos@hotmail.com

Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-07 14:35   
Alright, here is a big issue that we have at the moment.

For the film recording, We are going to need a big resoultion, such as 1024 x 768 or even larger. Also, we need players with a very good graphic cards that will best capture everything. This is because we are going to crop out any of the interface to make this look professional.

--If you can help with any of this it would be of great help.--

• We encourage and request multiple film recorders to get multiple perspectives

As of right now we are working on a script that will allow us to best capture everything. Also, I am still working on getting a server to host this on. We may need a player to design a well lighted map, but I am not positve on that just yet. Also as posted before...

• We still need people who will be able to get this video onto gaming sites.
  • We need players that will be free in about 2-3 weeks. This is subject to change though, as we do not have all our resources just yet. We are just shooting for about then, just to keep everything running smoothly.

Contact me if you are interested in helping out.

--- Please post if you will be able to film ---

More updates to come.

~Switch

[ This Message was edited by: _x$witchBladex_ [Delete Nicea!] on 2005-07-07 14:39 ]

Yitram
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-07 15:03   
Again as before, I'm still interested, I'm having compy issues (reinstalling Windows) but I should be able to help out, preferable in evenings (US time) during the week or on the weekend.

Email Yitram
AlleyCat
Cadet
Evil Empires Inc.

Posted: 2005-07-07 15:12   
I have a media server on a DS3 line (average 8MB/sec up/down per connection) and can host this for you when done (I can convert to correct format for streaming). This gives the advantage of not needing to download huge file plus can be set up for differect speeds for slower connection.

Email AlleyCat
Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2005-07-07 16:21   
It takes time to setup and render scenes, so any special renderings you want, you need to let me know well ahead of time...

Standard 100 key scenes render 3 seconds of film, most pan/pull away shots are 6 to 8 seconds at most... so each of those make take 20 minutes to setup, (as long as I dont have to create additional models) and then about 10 miuntes to render the scene if its at 640x480 resolution.

AVI file size for a 9 sec render is about 270mb to 290mb. Thats why I convert most of my test videos to WMV before posting them... For the film you'll most likely want unconverted renders, so you'll need a place with a lot of storage where I can ftp the avi movies upto.

Setup time usually means placing the models in, setting a backdrop, then configuring lighting and camera path constraints... Now there as still somethings I am not able to do... Just recently learned how to do volumetric lighting... (shine a flash light in fog or smoke to get the idea)

[ This Message was edited by: Tael on 2005-07-07 16:23 ]

Email Tael
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-07 17:06   
Alright,

• AlleyCat, I believe you will be a huge help to us. I'll contact you with further information and a few questions if you please .
  • Tael, I will compile all the information for you as soon as we get everythign together.
  • Yitram, make sure we talk about your recording part. I'll contact you with more info as well.

NEW The Admins have agreed to host a server for us.
Quote:

22:28:59 [Admin]Mithrandir: "By the way, we'll try to throw up a server for you, when you need it; though I personally have never done so, so it might be a bit of trial and error to get it to work.. "

As always,
Post any suggestions/ideas/help that you can offer please. Thanks.

~Switch

[small][ This Message was edited by: _x$witchBladex_ [Delete Nicea!] on 2005-07-07 17:35 ][/small]

[ This Message was edited by: _x$witchBladex_ [Delete Nicea!] on 2005-07-07 17:37 ]

Fatal Fwdblackhawk
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-07 18:19   
hmm i have no problem helpin as a person playin a part in this just tell me when and were

Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-08 08:47   
We have decided that we are going to try to have somewhat of a voice over monologue for during the trailer. We need a lot of people to come up with a couple monologues so we can cover everything. Here are a few examples.

--------------
In the next several generations humans learn to colonize planets, with one central govornment fundamental freedoms are always abused, so with that, the Interstellar Cultural Confederacy is born, a rebellion. The united galactic trade organization tries to stamp it out, and thats when an alien race shows up to try and destroy all of humanity. (Was made up on the fly)

--------------
The United Galactic Trade Organization Empire is expanding. Searching out the rebels of the Interstellar Cultural Confederation. Expanding their controls over systems unknown. Unexpected treasures will be uncovered. Mysteries will be solved…but there are some mysteries…that are better left a lone…

--------------
Three empires have fought over control of the galaxy for decades. A seemingly never ending war rages on all frontiers. Many lives have been lost in the darkness of space. While the humans fight themselves in order to maintain purpose, the alien K’luth hides in the shadows…waiting for their chance for bloodshed…a chance to exterminate the inferior race. But, in the farthest corners of the galaxy, a power greater than ever before has been building, awaiting their chance for control. Soon an attack will be made, one so powerful that the fate of humanity and of the K’luth may never be the same.

--------------

There will be another post to post yours under if you want to help out with this part.

Post them here

~Switch

[ This Message was edited by: _x$witchBladex_ [Delete Nicea!] on 2005-07-08 09:13 ]

Lawman
Fleet Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-07-08 11:49   
Im free for most of the summer.

Email Lawman   Goto the website of Lawman
Lark of Serenity
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2005-07-08 14:07   
@ switch, i cant seem to get hotmail to load the file into an email, so well have to share it a different way. basically i have 2 examples of how slideshow would work, but its PURE slideshow with no video, so its just to give you an idea.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.020141 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR