No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.6 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Future MV...
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author Future MV...
Lux (Polaris)
Fleet Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2005-06-15 20:51   

My thoughts. I didn't put distance on, so feel free to edit it.

[ This Message was edited by: Kit-sun-e on 2005-06-15 21:04 ]

Loyal Admiral of the Interstellar Cultural Confederation Navy.
Senior Commander of the Raven Warriors, the ICC elite.
Captain of the Assault Dreadnaught \"Gungnir\"

Email Lux (Polaris)
Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-06-15 20:53   
Ok... first the look-see.

Second, the descriptions. The center system should be on the scale of Nicea (except... well... better designed) in size and scope. Outlying systems can be anything. In the home clusters, you'll see two routes to the home system. One with three systems one with two.

The side with two systems would have planetary clusters that are very easily defended (closely grouped, no asteroids in the system, stars seperating planetary clusters & jumpgates so its never a straight shot through with planetary interdictors & whatnot).

For the side with three systems, the system closest to the home system would be easily defended as the afformentioned two are. The other two systems would be more open, easily taken and/or passed through. The shortcut is left there intentionally to give the enemy a moment of pause "Do we want them to have a foothold at our back while we assault their home system?"

There is only one way into each home cluster (I figure 2 station class wormholes between even the closest systems, minimum).

Just my little off-the-top vision.

[Edit]One thought, there should be NO nebula in the home clusters, but they should be fairly common in the central combat zone. This is to facilitate equality in the battlegrounds where it matters.

[ This Message was edited by: Coeus [Recruiting] on 2005-06-15 21:11 ]

Darkspace: Twilight

Goto the website of Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Drafell
Grand Admiral
Mythica

Posted: 2005-06-15 22:11   
My quick effort:-

It should be a reasonably balanced design with even access to all factions and a good resource distribution. The added bonus is that it looks pretty

The idea would be for the Core systems to be the easy way, but very low in rare resources (if in fact any). Constant battle and pulling of ships would rapidly diminish supplies. Building up an holding these would require a lot of co-operation and effort. Tight clusters would make for some good defensive and combat locations. there would be a fairly high ratio of Terran/Ocean/Arid planets here.

The Outer systems would be resource heavy with abundant rare resources but with much fewer planets and more hazards such as asteroids and nebula. There would be a limted AI presence in these systems. No terren class planets and a few scattered ocean and arids. Planets would be pretty widey spaced and hard to defend.

The homesystems would have a slighlty lower resource distribution than present. The Rare resources would be scattered throughout them requiring a little bit of manual trading and resource management if a faction is to sustain a heavy construction output. Some nice to defend clusters such as Barnards mixed with less easy to defend systems.

[ This Message was edited by: Drafell on 2005-06-15 22:40 ]

Goto the website of Drafell
Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2005-06-16 11:58   
Draffy, I like...that looks like an actual MV map to me...

Lawman
Fleet Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-06-16 14:57   
Wow Draffel I like that idea.

Email Lawman   Goto the website of Lawman
Crim
Fleet Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-06-16 18:21   

[ This Message was edited by: Crimson on 2005-06-16 18:22 ]

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-06-16 19:42   
all your mv are belong to....

eri was in there, as was tau, kinda got deleted tho (oopsies)

[ This Message was edited by: Doran on 2005-06-16 20:49 ]

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-06-16 20:53   
After a few thoughts, and words with Shig, I decided on a few conclusions we came to, that on a simpler MV.

So I redid a map, and it is slightly flawed (it isn't accurately proportioned). And yes I was a little slack.

Anywho, here it is.

-Ent

Lonectzn
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-06-17 02:54   
Just two things. Keep in mind that currently the overwhelming majority of planets are capped during low time when there is 2-3 on one faction, and none on the other. A smaller MV simply means you can easily lose much more overnight.

Also, jumpgates benefit K'luth far more than any other faction, due to the inexpensive and overly effective AC. This has not changed in beta. Of course, the flip side is being restricted to jumpgates means I can mine the jg and cut them off almost entirely. But that means nothing if no-one's online. I think home systems separated by no jumpgate access is good currently. Otherwise, luth would easily dominate the mv.

Both these would not mean anything if the peaks/lows were not so marked, with a more even spread. However, it's not uncommon for there to be no players on a faction (especially ICC/UGTO) for 5-6 hours or more during low periods, and a couple people can cap a LOT of planets in that time. Even more so with JG access.

Otherwise, I'd like to see the mv redesigned. Just don't touch Object

[ This Message was edited by: Lonectzn on 2005-06-17 02:56 ]

Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}
Vice Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2005-06-17 09:51   
Does anyone here reamber the map i made called Bright Blue metaverse? That was my attempts at making a small metaverses map, with huge distances between systems and few actacl systems. Many did not like it as i had edited the home planets to have better than normal defence bases. IE a defence base lvl 4 with four defence beams and up to 3 anti-ship weapons. The MAIN resone behind that improved defence was to stop others from capping the home planet/ startoff points of other factions. Though i did find a way to get by it all due to a mistake in the bulding of the planets.

Maybe i should take a wack at trying to make another metaverse map and then host it up. Makes take a while as i'm in computer game school right now and its hell on me.

Anywho later all and have fun

oh edited to add in something;

I like the idea of defence platforms for jump gate protection, and that the builders will have to make them. I think that you will need a trasport and a builder working together to make the defence platforms as the builder alone can not carry all the resoureses. Once more i think we need to try this out and see what it is like.

[ This Message was edited by: Vice Linna Yamazaka {Absolut} on 2005-06-17 10:01 ]

Two weeks™ Later and a new sig.

Email Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}   Goto the website of Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}
Vice Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2005-06-17 19:24   
This is what i have right now for a Mv ideal It may have a quite a few systems but it is less than the current Metaverse right now. Maybe it can be a good test map for beta but i'm just tossing out an ideal. As this map right now HAS no planets just the jump gates and stars. And also the stars are not the ones that are with the right systems as this is JUST an example of a smaller metaverse with backwater systems

[small][ This Message was edited by: Vice Linna Yamazaka {Absolut} on 2005-06-17 19:46 ][/small]

Updated MV ideal

[ This Message was edited by: Vice Linna Yamazaka {Absolut} on 2005-06-17 22:40 ]

Email Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}   Goto the website of Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}
Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2005-06-17 19:46   
I'll add my two cents for consederation:

why not just do a random thing, make some kind of quick program to place random squares on a blank grid..

and connect some of them with lines (in mspaint or whatever), that looks logical/pretty/whatever.

and go from there.

Vice Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2005-06-17 22:49   
bump to show my updated pic for a Beta side MV

whitefire330
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2005-06-17 22:59   
i tried doing a quick idea in paint...

there not even worth posting

Maskerade
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-06-18 01:12   
I'm all for a smaller MV...but keep R33 in there somewhere is my only request

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.022657 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR