Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +1.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

16th - Eve_is_crap
14th - Durden

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Fan Fiction » » The Forgotten Fleet (Now including Book II)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page )
 Author The Forgotten Fleet (Now including Book II)
Fatal Rocko Willis
Fleet Admiral
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2004-12-11 12:11   
*****Chapter Five*****

As the ship approached the Station, Rocko noticed dozens of ships moored in several places around the Moon. Considering the condition these ships where in you would think this was a long lost graveyard for ships of another era… but most, if not all, looked to be of modern design… maybe a bit old and banged up like he was but none the less intact… well some of them where… ‘Intact’…

“All Stations, prepare for internal docking procedures…” Rocko knew it had been awhile since his ship had docked ‘inside’ something vice ‘to’ something, so he wanted to give his crew plenty of time to get ready. “Admiral Willis, I shall come aboard with you but shall delay my entrance to the Captain’s Office unless he becomes a little argumentative… be patient… the people that work and live here are a little… how shall we say… ‘Touchy’ to say the least…” “Well I hope that whomever runs this place doesn’t cause any problems… I want to get this mission underway as soon as I can so I can get it over with as soon as I can.”

“All in due time Admiral… You may find this a bit interesting but these are all former ICC Republic warships… from these you will build the unit you were instructed to do.” “You want me to build a Combat Ready Task Force from these beat up ships? You have to be kidding… I doubt any of them actually have power available. Even if I had all of them at my disposal, how am I going to get all the materials to fix them, outfit them, crew them and supply them?” “Leave that to me Admiral… I think you will find the facilities here to be able to handle most anything… Like I said… Let me know if the Base Commander gives you any problems… If he does I will have a ‘Word’ with him…”

“Captain, we are coming up on our docking station…” “Very Well, proceed with the docking operation… Science, Engineering, Supply and Tactical Officers with work crews will meet me at Docking Bay #1’s door in 10 minutes. Bring whatever gear you may think is needed to check out all those ships…” “ALL, Sir?” “Yes Mr. Billings…. Here is the ship types I will need for this mission… pick me out he best Chief.” “Well that is a lot to of ask Sir, but I will do my best.” “Chief I need you and the teams to do better than your best… Our lives will depend on it.” As the men assembled in the docking bay Rocko knew what had to be done… He just hoped his new host was compliant with his needs.

Rocko and his Tactical Officer, Mr. Agoutis, made their way into the belly of the beast with the intention of finding out just who was running this place but found out many people where running this place. Everywhere he looked there were technicians moving from place to place, seemingly oblivious to the two men walking along. “It seems, Sir, as if they knew we were coming… I mean as if we were nothing of great interest.” His Tactical Officer had a way of noticing things at times… “I noticed supply techs where waiting to service the ship as we pulled in… and, did you notice the Heavy Infantry present in certain areas?” That had been a odd sight… Marines on a unknown Military Installation… There truly was more than meets the eye going on here… “I think we shall find out more about this base once we meet the Base Commander. I believe we have a lot of work to do here before we embark on our mission.”

As the two men continued their conversation while heading to the Base Commanders Office, Billings was talking to a maintenance crew in the docking bay. “Listen… I don’t care what you think, this ship has gone and done things you would never believe. Now just get busy and fix this list of items… You can start with the Anti-Gravity plating… that thing has been pulling my chain for months… Also where is your Maintenance Office…?” The senior Non-Com pointed down the nearest hallway and told him it was at the end of the hall. “Lovan…” he said to one of his senior workers… “Make sure they don’t screw anything up worse than it already is…” “Aye sir, I’ll make sure of it…” Billings proceeded to walk down the hallway as instructed and walked into an office that looked like an Ion Storm had hit it. “Holy Mother of Neptune, what happened here?” “I will tell you what happened… Some clown decided they needed every maintenance report on every ship we have in the storage yard.” This came from a tall, blonde haired lady that defiantly filled in her jumpsuit in all the right ways…

“Well, excuse me…” Chief said while trying not to look in the wrong place… “I was trying to find the Maintenance Officer for this base… do you know where I could find him?” “Well if your trying to find ‘him’, its me actually… Commander Linna Yamazaka at your service.” Billings was surprised to see a woman in this line of work… “My pleasure… My name is Lt. Billings… I am the Ships Engineer on the Mercy…” “Good to meet you, now what can I do for you Mr. Billings?” “My CO, Admiral Willis, wants me to look through your Ships Registries to find the best ships here… I have a list of the ships he says we will need…” Linna took the list and scanned it… “Hmmm… I think there is going to be a problem… We have the ships you need but they aren’t going anywhere soon…” “Yes they are Linna, and you are going to help me get them there, according to my orders.” Billings looked into eyes that said, ‘Oh, really?’.

“Well Skipper, you ready for this?” “Yeah lets get it over with…” Rocko and Agoutis walked into the Office and told the secretary that they were here to see the Base Commander… “He is waiting for you Sirs… Please step right in…” and with that they entered the Commanders office… “Ah… Admiral Willis… and this must be…” “Lt. Commander Agoutis, Tactical Officer…” “And you are?” Rocko could tell this guy was a stuffed shirt… He was someone who ruled the roost in his little Kingdom.

“My name is Captain Ramius… I run this station and it support facilities… Now what do I have the pleasure of this visit?” Rocko had to play it cool. He knew he was being toyed with… “I think you already know why I am here… I need some ships that you have parked in orbit around this station” “Now why would you need those old, beat up war relics for anyway? Plan on making your own little private Navy are we?” “Well if it is any concern of yours we need them for a very important mission. I believe that is all you need to know. If you were intended to know more then you would have been informed.” “Oh my, aren’t we the aggressive Admiral… I think it is you who needs to know things… I run things here… Not those overweight, overpaid, and under worked pompous Admirals or even those self-serving Senators. They call on ME… yes ME, to save their butts time and time again… Just like now…” Ramius was visibly upset to say the least… But Rocko was having nothing to do with it… “Well I am not sure why you got put here but I suppose it was for good reason.” “Oh it was… I was sent here to design weapons of war!”

BINGO! Rocko had just gotten one more piece of the puzzle. It made perfect sense… Hide this, a secret weapons development base, deep in the middle of nowhere. “So your going to help us with the ships then. I need ships, weapons and materials to get this mission done.” “Well I am not sure if I can help you… I mean these ships are used as target barges now… They probably could be repaired and put into working order but that would take most of the stores I have and I really don’t want to part with them. Maybe you can ship them in…” “I don’t have time for that man! Have you not noticed what is going on in the Republic? It’s WAR! We are fighting for the very survival of the ICC!” “Oh save me your patriotism… I know what’s going on… I have noticed the death and destruction amongst the Republic…”

And just then you could see Captain Ramius’s face go ashen as he saw who entered into his office… “Oh yes Admiral, he truly has witnessed the death and destruction amongst the Republic… especially since he designed those weapons of war we so desperately need to wage war…” Rocko’s ‘Guest’ had finally showed up to turn the tide so to speak… It was none other than Procounsul Tael… He was Grand Senator Faustus’s personal aide and messenger. “Hello Ramius, we meet again…”

[ This Message was edited by: Fatal Rocko Willis *CAPT* on 2004-12-13 10:03 ]

Email Fatal Rocko Willis
chrisfall
Cadet

Posted: 2004-12-11 13:48   
sweet more more

chrisfall
Cadet

Posted: 2004-12-12 10:26   
cmon next chapter

Axianda The Royal
Fleet Admiral
Terra Squadron

Posted: 2004-12-12 13:50   
Hot damn Tael made one hell of a fine entry

sooo when do i come in?
with my amazing IT outfitted AD

- Axi

Fatal Rocko Willis
Fleet Admiral
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2004-12-12 16:43   
Well I thought you guys might like the entrance Tael got.. and for those that are reading this.. The next chapter will be in soon (read maybe in and couple hours). I am fleshing out the characters for the Fleet... And I think you might realize/recognize a few names in there... Some New, Some Older.... Note: If you are a Admiral in game you may ro may not be one in the story... Nothing against you, its just a thing.. I am basing ranks sort of on time played.... thats all... nothing personal... BUT just as a teaser.... This is quite posibly a 'Trilogy' the first 9 chapters being the first part...

Was going to just have like 10 Chapters and call it quit but the ideas are flowing stronger than I thougth would... Chapters 7-9 may or may not be right away... My unit here is getting pulled off the line for some R & R.. YAH! Though I am taking my laptop with me so I can still write...

Coming Soon - Chapter Six... or "You've Been Drafted Son!"

Rocko

Email Fatal Rocko Willis
Fatal Rocko Willis
Fleet Admiral
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2004-12-12 17:46   
*****Chapter Six*****

“Where in the world did you come from? How did you get on my base without me knowing you where here? HOW?” Captain Ramius was absolutely beside himself… “Now, now Ramius, do control yourself… If you don’t calm down you might give yourself a heart attack and that wouldn’t do you, me or anyone in the Republic any good now would it…” Tael knew he had the upper hand with this insolent little man… Ramius had been a thorn in his side for too many years… and that was partially the reason why he was here… that and the fact he couldn’t kill a Scout Ship with a Dreadnaught or so it had been told… How this man got to be Captain was beyond him. But here he was… time to remove another peg…

“Now Captain… you know we need some of your ships… I know a message was sent to you regarding this matter. I even asked for the Maintenance Records be pulled on all of them so we could find the best ones… I am also under orders to tell you we are going to open the ‘Vault’…” “No… Not the Vault… I have put way too much time and energy into those items in there for them to be just thrown away at someone’s leisure.” “Ramius, you have no choice in the matter, it is the will of the Senate and the Admiralty to use those items… I was led to believe they are fully functional and ready for deployment?” “Yes they are but there is only a limited supply of them.” Rocko finally piped in and said his peace… “Not to worry… I will take everything I need to get the job done… that I can guarantee totally…”

“If you do not aid the Admiral in his endeavor I will have that Company of Heavy Marines, whom you so conveniently spirited away from their regular duties, take you out of this office and eject you out into space from the nearest airlock!” Rocko had never seen Tael... ‘Angry’… Tael was more the logical, quite guy that always seemed to get sweet revenge on someone when they least expected it… And the more interesting thing but not widely know thing was that Tael was actually a decorated combat veteran… He had started out in the ICC Fleet but decided it was not for him and left to enter into politics… Now he was “the right hand of God” so to speak. Ramius knew Grand Senator Faustus wielded incredible power and that power flowed through Procounsul Tael.

“Alright, Alright…. You have anything you need… just don’t get started with me Tael… I know you have secrets as well as me… So if you are going to strip me of everything I have lets get it done and over with so I can get you dirt bags off my Station!” “You will instruct your crews to follow whatever Admiral Willis or his Staff tells them to do… You will fully cooperate with him or I will come back and make good on my promise to eject you out into space… Am I perfectly clear Ramius?” “Just like Crystal…” Ramius had to back off because Tael would surely make good on his threat if he didn’t cooperate fully. And with that, Procounsul Tael spun on his heels and walked out the door with a flourish of his cloak and uniform and was gone before anyone else knew he was there. “Ok… so what exactly do you need anyways…?” “I need twelve ships from your ‘Forgotten Fleet’… I have my Engineering Officer talking to your Maintenance Officer as we speak…Maybe he should be able to help us” “Whoa… he is in for an awakening… The ‘He’ is actually a ‘She’ and I hope he isn’t the kind to chase women… she is a bit ‘Opinionated’ and ‘Bull-Headed’ as I remember.” “Mr. Billings can take care of himself…” Rocko was silently adding, “I hope…” under his breath.

“Come on Linna, I know we can get this straightened out… I think we can get them into shape…” Billings could see this was going to be a tough job… It was not the fact she didn’t want to give the ships up… its just that she didn’t want to give them up… without her… “Well I’ll be… according to my terminal here, the Captain just gave permission to give what was needed… That doesn’t seem like him… then again I heard you guys brought some Admin type to sort things out…” Billings wasn’t sure if Linna knew whom their passenger was so he decided to play it neutral.

“Listen Linna, the Republic needs your help, my Admiral needs your help and I need your help. We can get these ships into top shape with all the gear you have on this base… all we need is the mass materials to fabricate what we don’t have… what do you say?” Linna looked like she could have chewed nails but saw a way to get what she ultimately wanted… the two things that mattered most… Off this base for good and back in command of anything that could fight the good fight again.

Rocko was sitting in the Officers Dining Room when Billings showed up, “Well Lt, how did thing s go with the Maintenance Officer?” “Well, she wasn’t too willing… But she want something from us…” “What? She is supposed to help us irregardless… its part of her orders!” “Oh no sir… she is not holding out on us…” “Then what in blazes does she want?” “Out sir… Gone… as in ‘Take me with you Please’… It seems she really doesn’t like it her… not that I blame her, but she also has Combat experience.” “Now that helps us out… How about we give her command of one of the ships?” “I think Admiral, that would be a good idea… one of the Cruisers?” “Yes… and by the way how are things coming on repairs…?” “Well sir… we are on time but we need crews…”

“Use all your contacts, pull in markers, do whatever it takes to get them. You have been in the ICC fleet for almost 20 years… You handle crews and I will handle the Officers… I have picked my Fleet XO… He should be arriving in a day or two…” “Do I know him sir?” “Not sure, but I did serve with his father… His father was a Cruiser skipper back when I was commanding Destroyers… There was a little accident and well his father was killed in action and I survived… should have been the other way around… That’s how I came to be in command of the Mercy… the Admiralty thought I should not be seen around… his father was a good man and good friend to me… I just never knew how his son took it… I guess I am going to find out soon.” “Sir I hope all turns out well.” “We shall see my friend” And with that Billings was off to check on what else was out in that graveyard of ships.

Rocko had finished his meal and was walking back to the Mercy. As he neared the ship he saw Proconsul Tael waiting for him. “Excuse me Admiral.” Man it is going to take awhile to get used to that one… “Do you think you can accomplish your mission with what you have here?” “Well Sir, these ships are beat up old hulks… I haven’t even found out exactly what materials I need” Tael looked to Rocko and said “Be it known you have the Full support of the Senate and Admiralty. The Republic needs you during these Dark Times.” Rocko let that sink in before he replied… “I will do my best Sir…” Tael looked at Rocko and with a voice that was as strong as steel but soft as the wind said “I hope you do… for the sake of the Republic.” And with that Tael turned and left the way Rocko had come. To no one in particular Rocko said… “Well… they might as well call this ‘The Charge of the Light Brigade’…”

Rocko finally mad it back to his living quarters back on the Mercy and dropped the large stack of personnel records on his desk… 40 of the finest Captains in the ICC Fleet and he had to pick 11 of them… well 10 now since had already picked his new Fleet XO…. Coeus Darksoul… “God I hope he doesn’t hate me for what happened.” Rocko picked up the next two Personnel Jackets and looked at the names… Captain Chris Fall and … Captain Axianda… also known as “The Grinch”. This was going to be fun.

Email Fatal Rocko Willis
Fatal Rocko Willis
Fleet Admiral
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2004-12-13 07:16   
*****Chapter Seven*****

The Docking Bay was a beehive of activity. The 12 ships that had been chosen to be what was actually being called ‘The Forgotten Fleet’ by some of the crews, where inside the massive cavern of the Moon Base… It still amazed Rocko that all these ships could fit inside of it… there even looked like there was some more room to put a few more in. Rocko had sheets and sheets of papers to look over as he watched the activity in the Docking Bay out the window from the Officers Lounge. Rocko could see Mr. Billings looking at him… waiting to be hailed over…

“Billings… you don’t have to wait come on over…” “Yes Sir… Anyways I have a Status Report…” “Very Good! Well lets have it… How are we doing?” Rocko had been waiting for this report for a few days… Crews where coming in as well as the first couple of Commanding Officers… “We are on schedule so far sir… we are making good progress as long as the supplies and crews keep coming in. We are using the crews to help repair the ships as they arrive… How are we going with the Officers, Sir?” “Not too bad… We have 4 of the 11 we need confirmed and I am waiting on the replies from the other 7… hopefully I will find out soon… The XO was one of the confirmed.” “Hope that turns out well Sir.” “So do I Billings… So do I.”

Rocko decided he needed to stretch his legs and see what was around this base, so could figure out if there was anything more he could beg, borrow or out right steal to get his job done. Rocko noticed a Marine Major whom was addressing his troops and decided to have a talk with the man once he was done. “Excuse me Major, may I have a word with you?” “Yes Sir… Major Wilkerson, CO Company E, 1st Battalion, 7th Marine Division… at you r service.” Rocko could tell this was a professional Marine. “I heard you were… ‘Recruited’ to defend this base?” “Unfortunately you are correct Sir… I feel that garrison duties are for the Army Light Infantry… Nothing against them but we are the ones that drop onto hostile planets and ships first… Not the Army…”

“Well I think I can help both you and myself…” “How so Sir? I mean we are stuck here… aren’t we?” “Not anymore… as of 8am you are now officially part of my team. You will be reporting to my XO when he arrives today… till then have your troops ready to depart within 4 hours after you are given the Move Order…” “Aye, Aye Sir! It’s going to be outstanding to be working with the fleet again… Could there be action Sir?” “Quite possibly… Maybe some boarding actions or most likely planetary drops.” “Well Admiral, we will be fully ready for whatever you throw at us Sir…” “I don’t doubt it at all Major… So could you give me a tour of this facility?” “It would be my pleasure Sir.”

As the two walked along the Docking Bay towards the Weapons Department they were stopped by Mr. Billings… “Sir… The first 3 Captains have arrived on the latest Transport… Mr. Darksoul, Mr. Fall and … ‘The Grinch’…. Captain Axianda… Captain Yamazaka is beaming like a Super Nova since you said she could come along… She is opening up all the doors to the supplies… Oh and the rest of the Captains should be here before the last cargo run is done…” “Good work Billings, Have all the CO’s meet me in the Officers Lounge on the base at 8am tomorrow for breakfast. I want to brief them on the mission. I am on my way with the Major here to find the base Weapons Officer over in the ‘Vault’ and see what new toys he has for us.” “Very well sir, I will have it done… and sir, I have some more information about the ships in the graveyard I think you should know about.” “Ok Lt., I will get with you in a couple hours… Get all the new officers settled in will you?” “Yes Sir, right away.”

Admiral Willis and the Major walked up to what was commonly known as the ‘Vault’ or just plainly the Weapons Department… As they walked in a lone Officer was sitting at the front desk talking with a Non-Com… “No, No, No… I need ALL the Tech manuals on the new gear… pull everything out of storage and check it all…” The Non-Com scurried away into the Vault… “Ah, Admiral… I was wondering when you might pay us a visit… I heard you will be taking away our weapons and equipment for some real world usage…” “That is correct, and you might be?” “Oh my… excuse me, I am Commander Larkan and these are my toys. Would you like to see them?” “Yes I would Mr. Larkan, lead on please.” The three men walked into a large, well lit area that belied its size… Inside were nothing but wall to wall weapons… Rocko thought if these weapons were as good as they said they were he had just hit the jackpot!

“You see Admiral we make weapons here… some are new and some are just modifications of existing ones…” Rocko was trying to take in all that he was seeing… he just wondered how the ICC had kept this base hidden for so long, especially when ICC Intelligence leaked like a sieve… “Tell me about the new PCM’s” “Ah yes the PCM-9’s… you are familiar with the standard PCM-7’s correct… Made for Planetary Bombardment with a small ability to attack ships correct?” “Yes…” “Well the PCM-9’s are a little different… We removed the special heat shield and targeting equipment need to attack planetary structures and increased the range and speed of the weapon… and as you know the PCM uses Proton Energy for the warhead… we stole Proton Energy from the UGTO to make the PCM and then the UGTO stole the PCM from us but we have done it all one better… not only have we increased the size of the warhead by 15% but we have increased the yield by 38%… All the better to drop ships with… It still uses the standard PCM launcher since the missile body has not changed at all.”

“That’s amazing Commander. What else have you in here?” “Just basic improved weapons of the standard ones we have already… Mostly the IT’s are a bit smarter and longer ranged, and the CL’s are more sturdy and use less Energy… but the one we are trying to get done is the PCM-12’s… Anti-Mater based PCM’s… but we are having problems with that one” “Well Commander we want the best of everything you have on those ships in the Docking Bay… no matter what it may be.” “It shall be done Admiral.” “Very Good… I think your toys shall turn the tide for us.” “Admiral if it is ok with you I would like to come along… in case there are any ‘problems’ that might arise… I really want to see a real field test of the weapons…” “I would like that Commander, welcome aboard.”

Email Fatal Rocko Willis
chrisfall
Cadet

Posted: 2004-12-13 09:06   
cool im in
the story
next chapter plzz

Fatal Rocko Willis
Fleet Admiral
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2004-12-13 12:51   
Ok folks Chapter Eight is about 5-10 minutes away... please excuse me for the length of this chapter but it puts into play a lot of players and a couple of new figures in the story.... bear with me.. the chapters following this one will be back to normal size...

Now for Chapter Eight or.... "Tonight, We Ride!"

Rocko

Email Fatal Rocko Willis
Fatal Rocko Willis
Fleet Admiral
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2004-12-13 13:05   
Chapter Eight

A month had gone by and Chief Billings along with the crews from the ships and the base had managed to get all the necessary repairs done and the stores and weapons on-loads where progressing well. Rocko still had to a ton of things to do… Had to meet the new Captains, assign the ships, make sure all the weapons where onboard, crews rested and fed… It was just like being a Captain of the Mercy… Just now he had 5,000 people to worry about instead of 50. It was 4am… He couldn’t sleep anymore… It was always like this for him… The day before they set out on a mission most people cannot sleep… too many things go on in their heads… all the ‘What Ifs’ come out to play and try to shake a mans confidence. Rocko was having none of that, besides the early rising Mr. Billings was due to pop by any moment since he somehow knew his Admiral was awake.

Billings was at the Admirals door promptly at 4:30am. “Come in Mr. Billings… I know you are out there…” “Sir I don’t know how you know I am out there at times.” “You are just predicable some times.” “Well sir I bet you cannot predict what I have to say this morning….” “And what might that be or are you going to keep your Admiral waiting forever.” “Well Sir…. Their here…” “Who is here?” “Remember those large Dreadnaughts we saw when we came in… not the Missile Dread but the Assault Dreadnaught and the Combat Dreadnaught…” “So what about them? Are you going to keep me in suspense all day.” “Sir… that Combat Dread is the ICCS Maine sir.” “That’s impossible, she was supposedly lost with all hands in a battle with the UGTO over 15 years ago… Destroyed, Blown to bits, Boom” “That’s what I thought sir but I saw her keel…” “Her keel?” “Yes sir, when a ship is build the attach a plaque to her keel saying when and where she was built… its then welded to the keel along with the Senior Builders initials. It seems the ship was not lost but her crew did disappear. They found the ship floating aimlessly in a shipping lane. And it gets better…” “What now. What else have you found?”

Billings paused for dramatic effect… “The Hood sir… I have found the ICCS Hood.” Now he was sure his Chief Engineer was seeing things… The ICCS Hood had been one of the first Dreadnaughts to fight and survive the K’Luth Invasion… She was an Icon… she had been a ship everyone wanted posting to… Including the Admiral. “How is that… she was also supposed to have been destroyed… the specific target of a whole K’Luth Fleet. I have seen her ships bell, the only evidence she even existed.” “I know sir but it is her! I have no idea how she got here but she is here!” Rocko wondered what else was hiding amongst the graveyard of ships here. “So the next thing I have to consider is what ships to give to whom…” “Sir, I have a idea about whom should be assigned to what…” “Trying to be my Operations Officer too Billings?” “No sir… I am just a Ships Engineer… plain and simple…”

The morning was starting even if there was no sun to announce it. It was almost 7am and he had to meet all the new Commanding Officers in a little over an hour… He also had to give them a briefing in the afternoon and dinner with Tael in the evening… now that made him wonder… where had he been the last couple of days. Well it was time to get dressed… He had many things to see and many things to do in the next two days before they got underway. He still didn’t have any idea what his first target would be but believed he would find out at his evening meal with Tael. “Well I guess I should be going huh… I just hope I don’t let everyone down…” and with that he was out the door on his way to breakfast with the Officers that would live or die by his own actions. As Rocko strode across the Docking Bay, Lt. Billings along with Major Wilkerson stopped him.

“Sir … We have a small problem…” Oh great… right at the last minute something always has to go wrong… “What’s the problem Mr. Billings…” “Well as you know sir we are loading every ship with anything and everything we can lay our hands on but we haven’t figured out where to put the Marine Heavy Infantry yet.” “Well Major… are you ready to roll out?” “Yes Sir! Ready, willing and able!” “Then I suggest splitting up your Marines Major amongst the ships, that way we can have some Marines present on each ship to cover any contingencies we might run into.” “Sound like an excellent plan sir… I will get right to it.” “Good, we roll out on our first mission at 8am tomorrow. Major please join me at the Commanding Officers Briefing… You are the Marines CO and you deserve that right.” “Thank You, Sir” The Major suddenly thought this Admiral was one of the good guys he could trust… Someone who thought about his troops first then himself second.

As he was preparing to walk into the Officers Dining room he noticed the Major move ahead, open the door, and call out “Attention on Deck!” The assembled Officers came to attention one, sharp movement. Rocko thought at that very moment he had made the correct choices as to not only whom he had picked but also the jobs he had gave them… He knew that each was the best in their field. He knew he could not loose, but knew it would happen eventually.

“At ease gentlemen…” and the room sat quietly while they waited for their Admiral to sit at the head of the table. “I am glad to see that those I have chosen reported for duty to each man and woman. I know you are wondering why you are here and that is what I am going to discuss with you. I picked each and every one of you based not only on your skills but your loyalty to the ICC. What we are about to undertake has never been done before. We are going to take the fight to the enemy on the terms of our choosing. We will select when, where and how we will attack. They will not know who or what hit them. We will sow confusion amongst our enemies and make them react to us and not us to them. The time has come to deliver crushing blows to our enemies. We shall make them fear us, respect us, and know us. We shall use deception when needed, and brute force when needed. I know some may not come back, for it is a thing that cannot be changed.” The assembled Captains were absolutely absorbed by what was being said, even by Captain Darksoul.

Rocko took a moment to allow what he had said to sink in. “I have ship assignments based on known talents as well as necessity. “As you all know the ICC is seriously hurting… It is time for us to hand the enemy what he is handing to us… His ARSE!” and with that there was laughter… it had been planned that way… “Here, Here Admiral… now that was an absolutely motivating speech. I am glad that I was here for it…” Rocko knew the voice… “Thank you Procounsul Tael… I didn’t know you would be attending…” “I know I had planned to talk to you about your first mission over dinner but events have happened that need this fleets attention.” And with that Rocko and the assembled Captains knew something bad had happened.

“Captains… This is Procounsul Tael… He is our benefactor… the one that has helped us to create this fleet and holds our orders as to what we will target first. After that I will be instructed as to what Tactical Mission Profile we will use and what Mission Response Area we will be going to, as directed by Procounsul Tael. He will be transmitting those orders to me. The ICC Admiralty, with the approval of the ICC Senate, is generating these orders. The Admiralty has the big picture and will be driving us where needed though I retain Tactical control of the Fleet.” Tael hands Rocko the first mission briefing.

“Our first target will be a UGTO planet cluster that was recently found by ICC long range Sensor Scouts. It seems this system is not on our maps so I would believe it to be used as a possible staging point for UGTO forces into the Tau Ceti Star System” That was Fleet Admiral Backslash’s Fleet area… Rocko hoped he would be able to stop what was happening in that new Star System before they could attack. “ICC Intelligence believes there are two Engineering ships present with a handful of escorts commanded by possible and Elite Assault Dreadnaught.”

Rocko could see the looks of concern as he said that… it was something they would have to learn to deal with if this whole plan was to work as they thought it would. “This information is unconfirmed so it can change on a moments notice. Your ships assignments are on the sheet that Mr. Billings is handing out as we speak. We have also taken the liberty to outfit them with what we think is the best load out that can cover a wide variety of circumstances. Our timetable has been set to be underway at 10pm under cover of darkness. Follow your orders and your training and we should survive. Prep your ships and prepare for departure… We leave the station at 9pm. Good luck and Gods Speed to us all.”

The Ships Command Listing showed who commanded what… It was needed so the Captains could familiarize themselves with whom did what. It was as follows:

Admiral Rocko Willis – Commanding Officer “Forgotten Fleet”
Missile Cruiser – MC-66 – ICCS Bunker Hill

Captain Coeus Darksoul – Executive Officer
Assault Cruiser – AC-66 – ICCS Charger

Captain Axianda – Operations Officer
Jump Cruiser – JC-21 – ICCS Chariot

Captain Linna Yamazaka – Maintenance Officer
Jump Cruiser – JC-40 – ICCS Concordia

Captain Drefell Moraxi – Ordnance Officer
Jump Cruiser – JC-39 – ICCS Fairfax

Captain Jack Swift – Tactics Officer
Jump Cruiser – JC-57 – ICCS Zephyr

Captain Dormio Niggling
Sensor Frigate – SF-111 – ICCS Raven

Captain Ceridan
Sensor Frigate – SF-142 – ICCS Midnight

Captain Darkstar
Sensor Frigate – SF-163 – ICCS Shade

Captain Mac Rixen
Sensor Frigate – SF-204 – ICCS Nighthawk

Captain Chris Fall – Supply Officer
Large Supply Ship – LSS-75 – ICCS Mercy

Captain Walsh
Large Supply Ship – LSS-64 – ICCS Voltaire

With that information put out and being read… Rocko knew it was time to break up this little gathering… “Captains… it is time we put our little fleet to the test… ‘Tonight, We Ride!’…” And that was it… all the preparations that had been made where about to be proved… Rocko had questions… Would the new weapons work… would his crews hold together and would these war relics hold together? He didn’t know but he was sure they would find out soon. He knew it was going to be a long night.

[ This Message was edited by: Fatal Rocko Willis *CAPT* on 2004-12-16 11:28 ]

Email Fatal Rocko Willis
chrisfall
Cadet

Posted: 2004-12-14 08:04   
cool im a supply ship although that dosent fit me but ohwell

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-12-14 11:42   
its owning time!

Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-12-14 17:36   
Awww, took me away from my Charger

Great job bro - I'll get back to you on the emails & PMs later - playing cards tonight

Darkspace: Twilight

Goto the website of Coeus {NCX-Charger}
chrisfall
Cadet

Posted: 2004-12-15 07:30   
cant i have the Mercy?

philll
Admiral

Posted: 2004-12-16 10:36   
next chapter plzzzzzzzzzzzz

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page )
Page created in 0.026854 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR