Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » The state of Darkspace from my view
 Author The state of Darkspace from my view
Ragglock
Marshal
BIOnics Industry Syndicate

Posted: 2004-11-14 11:41   
The state of Darkspace from my view

Fist of English, is not my native language so plz have that in mind, before I get (you spelled that wrong) posts 100 times after this, else feel free to comment and please keep it civil.

I’m writing this because I think it’s on time we get something more positive into the mix of posts of highly negative subjects.

Many of those is actually only minor quirks in the game that I for one can live with, Darkspace have gone a long way and is now something I recon that was the target when Richard Lyle first started with this and also something I could barely imagine some 4 years ago when I received my Beta logon to DS.

Its have over the time and with little resources gone a long way had its up and downs and survived many episodes takeovers ,economic difficulty’s and managed to overtake those by the determination by Richard and the players that have stuck with the game through both good and bad times.
The player base have also change with the game but always had the same signs.

Players tend to take their fractions sides in everything, broader views get neglected

This is all right by me if you don’t feel for the faction side you play, you should probably not play at all or go play a game where you don’t have to chouse side.

Endless whining in game and out side have always be an more or less permanent feature of DS and you just have to play with it as a part of the game.

You cant exactly stay out of the name calling or don’t talk(type) back when someone insist to time and time again call you all from Exploiter , flux whore , miner ^@#!~&%#, camper , ecm camper list goes on ……..

Being called close to cheater for using cloak as K'Luth using Missile dred as ICC or lag machine for the Ugto Carrier dred, well not good for your self-respect even if you don’t give an rats you know for the other teams opinion , only thing you do is using the tools of war we have at hand and some tend to not like the different advantages the other fractions have in certain areas.

There is some things you cant change, one is that the fractions should act different in some ways and if you cant live with trying to adjust your play style to changing environments you probably should not play DS.

That said you want a challenge you stay with your faction though thick and thin and you will learn a lot.

I can say so much its always those that fight outnumbered or have the odds in anyway stalked against them that get the most experience and tends to i end up as the best players to, good example is K'Luth right now those that are left have since the last reset been fighting overwhelming numbers from both Icc and ugto same time.

I can clearly see how players develop to better players with flair for team work and oversight of strategy, you also don’t see many or almost no K'Luth whining post about this and that thing is bad and why we lose bla bla bla , neither in game its only a few that start yelling matches and usually only happen when the other side get to much yelling In the air, you cant resist to respond to.

Signs of good players are those that don’t show affection and your state of mind to read by your opponents.

These kind of players would be an asset for any faction they play and all factions have them, just learn from them and not the whiners the whiners just sit back and hope that that if they whine enough, the enemy just go away, what they rarely never do.

Try some new tricks out try to delay the end if you can, but never just sit down and take the defeat with a whining, take it with all man on deck while the ship get blown to bits

I must admit that on usually more stressed situations where all hope is out, I also can do the whining (you are just to strong bla bla bla boring….. ) whine to, I shortly after, most times , get a grip and fight to the end or the things start to look better.

Its these times you really get what I came here for in the first place an challenging game, who ever thought up it should be easy

When packed in fleets with many ships in them and almost no resistance I usually get this sickening felling that this is just to easy and I don’t use the skills I have to the max, sometimes i even feel like joining in on the other side just not to be bored, witch bring me to.

Only thing we really need now besides some minor adjustments is a player base where you can manage to have at least 30+ players on each fraction 24/7 and that will not come around if posts are not shining constructive critic but are these, I hate (flux,bio,whatever) posts.

So all get your happy thoughts up enjoy a challenge when it arise and play on.
DS is still the best ever space multiplayer action game I have come across (and its cheap to).

Ragg out-

LOVE the smell of human flesh in the morning smells like MVictory

Goto the website of Ragglock
Banshee
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2004-11-14 13:17   
I gave up reading halfway...

From what I did read, good points, but every person is guilty of not seeing the wider picture, me, you, everyone...

That the point I got bored

Lawman
Fleet Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-11-14 13:56   
Damn strait Rag.

Email Lawman   Goto the website of Lawman
Abandoned Mind
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-11-14 20:31   
Before Darkspace, the best game I played lasted about 9 months. Good game too. I Love this game more now than ever before, almost 2 years now, new record for me and any game ever for any system.

Antdizzle

Posted: 2004-11-14 20:36   
I gave up on reading that. I don't like to read stuff that has grammar and spelling errors.

Proximity
Cadet

Posted: 2004-11-14 21:31   
Ant Dizzle, Let's see you write that well in another language and then you can talk.

Email Proximity
Dreadlock Holiday
Admiral

Posted: 2004-11-14 22:00   
Well said Ragg.

Tonight (early morning really) 5 k'luth held off a combined fleet of ICC and UGTO numbering between 20-25 ships for well over an hour. As I write this more K'luth have arrived and the tide is turning on our favour...

My point being that the 5 of us, facing overwhelming odds, did not moan or whine, we didn't log off, we got down and dirty and fought to the end. And you are right when you say adversity makes for better players. The teamwork we used to survive was superb (if I do say so myself). Having recently played UGTO for some time, I can say with all honesty and no bias that on the whole their teamwork is much inferior to that of the K'luth. Having not played ICC recently I can't comment, but I guess their performance speaks for itself...

I'm not just slagging off other factions here for the sake of it. I'm hoping that the ICC and UGTO will get their acts together, because, like Ragglock, I enjoy a challenge. 25 v 5? Yeah bring it on! I look forward to the day when the other fations can provide a challenge without needing immensely superior numbers.

One thing though, lag really is appalling. At times the game is almost unplayable and it is very frustrating. It will certainly put new players off playing.

Antdizzle

Posted: 2004-11-14 22:32   
Quote:

On 2004-11-14 21:31, Proximity wrote:
Ant Dizzle, Let's see you write that well in another language and then you can talk.

Which language do you prefer?

Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-11-14 22:35   
good post rag.

good english too

the thing that keeps me comming back to darkspace, is the times when

im in a jump cruiser, so is banshee, we have one supply and two ecm frigates..... and we jump to sol.... sneak up on uranus, a nuke it.

then jump home giggling like little girls.
-
or the times when three people in AD's attack the same targets, jump together, fight together, and just wait for who is gunna get the kill.
-
This is ICC teamwork, and the time ive been ICC all ive ever seen is teamwork.

and i vehemently agree with you, Down with the whining!!! haha

oh ya almost forgot
Quote:

didnt you hear? Antdizzles the king. we shall all bow down to him, and speak english, becuase its the only language worthy of his ears.

Email Meko
Page created in 0.027747 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR