Combat Kills

Combat kills in last 24 hours:
No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Sir Oblivion {C?}

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » X,Y,Z MV
 Author X,Y,Z MV
Falcon
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2004-07-11 22:04   
This is the suggestion part right. So I have a suggestion. I would really like to see a Z axis added to the game. This would probably be very difficult but maybe for version 5,6,7…etc. It would be possible. If we could attack from above or dive under our enemies it would add tremendous depth to the game (pardon the pun).
Anyway it is a great game and I love to play it so keep adding aspects as you can, Thanx.

Bad_Skeelz
Cadet

Posted: 2004-07-11 23:19   
Its my guess that any 3-D movement is going to be, if anywhere, in DS2 and not DS1. Unless you count the ground-combat Dirt Space, but that's a different type of game entirely.

While 3-D movement would be nice, IMHO it would only steepen the learning curb for newbies, seeing that they have enough trouble not smashing into planets on a single plane. It would probably be much more confusing for even veterans, since few people think in 3-D and would continue attacking more or less on a single plane, thus making full 3-D movement pointless.

-Excerpt from Vice Admiral Skeelz's court-martial regarding the malignant boiling and eating of K'luth prisoners of war.

Email Bad_Skeelz
Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-07-12 00:21   
i certantly would Love this to be added.

but... Think of the lag!

and yes, the lerning curVE would be tremendous, as for the game is already complicated enough.

Email Meko
Grimith
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2004-07-12 00:44   
This has pretty much been talked about, as far as I know, and it has been concluded that the game will be kept on a 2D plane... at least for the time being, anyway. 3D would add a whole new, (and for some people unwelcome) element into the game.

Goto the website of Grimith
Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2004-07-12 00:48   
Its entirely possible based upon code - notice how fighters go up and down a bit while they're fighting, and how missiles will often fire out somewhat downward before sloping back up.

However, for the difficulty in playing and whatnot, it won't be enabled for ships anytime soon.

Email Shigernafy
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-07-12 07:33   
ds = fine

leave the Z axis where it is!

philll
Admiral

Posted: 2004-07-12 07:44   
well it wouldnt be to hard to control maybe with the page up page down keys and think how cool it be if u made roid fields on a 3d plane
i say do it

[ This Message was edited by: philll on 2004-07-12 07:44 ]

Lawman
Fleet Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-07-12 07:51   
Scouts are the only ones that should have this abillity.

Email Lawman   Goto the website of Lawman
Hussaro
Cadet

Posted: 2004-07-12 09:25   
You'll need top and belly armor too then ^^

Woiuld be a nice change indeed. However what BackSlash said. DS is fine allready. wont go saying that DS is bad cause it doesn't have a Z-axis. It would make DS nicer, but not beter!

Hugs and Kisses,

Huss.

philll
Admiral

Posted: 2004-07-12 09:37   
i say we do it that would add a whole new tactical element to the game and would require not to just jump in and attack and think that the enemy fleet can only attack me partily because else they ff now they can actually make a huge wallplus this will also almoste iliminate ff because u can have 2 ships 50 gus apart in height

i would love to see this added to ds in the upcoming patches

Gideon
Cadet

Posted: 2004-07-12 10:18   
Faustus (he who must be obeyed), has stated this on the z axis.

If he were starting from scratch all over again, he would definatly have included it. As it stands now, while he would definatly like to include it, there are coding level complexity issues that preclude it being included at this time.

Definatly at a later date, and certainly if there should be a DS2, there would be a Z axis included. However, don't count on seeing it any time soon.

Email Gideon
.spaivxx.
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-07-12 11:12   
If z axis were included, i would like to see ship collisions as well, that would be sweet. But to prevent collision abuses, a 10x pres loss or something should be implimented. It would really be cool t see a 3d DS. But dont do it, please, the game already is addicting enough.

Creeping Shadow
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-07-12 11:16   
wel after the great gid post not much we mortal can say that means anything but anyway here i go .. some time less complex works best i believe this 2 d plain battle is part of DS charector and it will be kinda bad if we take the very essent of darkspace .. go ahead feel free to make ds 2 with x,y and z but ds woun't be ds with the z axis beside .. if we r to make int 3d movement .. the whole game haf to be redesign as in the aspects of bombing weapons mv maping .. navagational controls every lil thing haf to be redesign i mean for example if we can dodge up and down and so on .. weapons haf to be abale to fire much more abundent and so on .. not only it will be alot of work for the dev team .. it will also mean a completly different game from the dark space as we know .. juz try to remember how this new patch kinda change the feel and meaning of this game take that meaning and multiply that by a 100 times thatz how you will be feeling if this eva take place .. it woun't be juz the good oyl dark space .. it will be what THA dark space .. so i say lets start a campain to stop this .. say not to z .. do not be fool by the promis of progress .. neva ....

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2004-07-12 11:55   
You needn't start a campaign, as its not going to happen.

Email Shigernafy
Page created in 0.020732 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR