No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +5.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

15th - Rise

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Beta Testing Discussion » » [Locked] Old Improvements Thread (1.481)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
 Author [Locked] Old Improvements Thread (1.481)
Fatal Green
Cadet

Posted: 2004-02-22 15:36   
Request that Gauss gun damage be improved by 75-125% of their current value. As it is now, three of them can barely keep up with a Hvy armor repairing itself. Their single-shot weapons unlike the cannons and should thus do more.

[ This Message was edited by: Green on 2004-02-22 15:38 ]

Email Fatal Green
Baron Von Virtu
Cadet

Posted: 2004-02-22 17:09   
I think there should be a Jump Cruiser for every faction. Not a lot of people like to fly stations in the MV and with no Worm Hole device it would take a while to get to your destination.

Email Baron Von Virtu
Mersenne Twister
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-02-22 18:21   
add system name to planet messages
ie. Distress: Thypho in Kapteyn's Star is under attack
or News: Iragus in Groombridge 34 has been captured by UGTO

I wouldn't screw with it if I were you. The doctor already holds you in poor favor. Messing with this might really fry his shorts.

Wicked Ice ={NuKe Squad}=
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-02-23 11:32   
Sorry to bother you with such a thing... but it is a pity to chose the right graphic mode using my card, so why not changing the resolution and the adaptername so that it gets more clear for such wackos like me needing a All in Wonder card...:

might not look like much, but im getting a new screen where i can chose from 1600x1400 to 320x280 so itll get a slight bit confusing

remember: 48 nukemines are killing a ganglia in approximately 0.12 seconds, depending on your own ping too...

[ This Message was edited by: Wicked Ice ={NuKe Squad}= on 2004-02-23 11:33 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Wicked Ice ={NuKe Squad}= on 2004-02-23 11:35 ]

remember:48 Nukes are killing a ganglia in approximately 0.112 seconds, depending on your own ping too.

Goto the website of Wicked Ice ={NuKe Squad}=
Wyke {ThorsHammer}
Cadet

Posted: 2004-02-23 13:41   

decouple the sound volume from the zoom on the tactical screen.

I like to be pretty zoomed out on the tactical display, but I cannot be as zoomed out as i would like because then i dont get any sound, or have to turn up my speakers to max amplification

Email Wyke {ThorsHammer}
Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-02-23 19:27   
seperate cargo space for inf and "other"
not that i think the inf like being crammed into the cargo hold
just be nice to have some extra room on board for scavenged items and whatnot while having inf on for anti-boarding/boarding and landing on planets, especially for dessies on down

NoPants2win
Cadet

Posted: 2004-02-23 19:34   
Remove the earsplitting beep that accompanies hostile ships and missiles entering sensor range. This is especially bad when coming into missile range of a planet while in a smaller ship. Its downright unpleasant wearing headphones. I recommend an attractive female voice, preferably british, to warn me of impending distruction.

Goto the website of NoPants2win
Vinco
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-02-24 21:12   
To go with the new wormhole device, I suggest new scouts be built to take control of the POWER of the wormhole...

1. Spotter Scout.
This scout can serve as the target of a wormhole exit. A wormhole device can target the scout, and have the exit form within 50-100 gu of the scout, as opposed to 500 to 1000.

2. Forward Lookout.
This scout has a solo-wormdrive. It's basically a medium-to-fast recharging wormhole that will ONLY allow scout class ships to travel. This way the scouts can again be useful in getting places faster than the rest of the fleet.

Also, a scout device that I thought of for the same basic purpose...

Probe:
Same sensor radius as a normal ship... Can be fired in a straight line, providing a camera point, as well as sensor data. The probe lasts 30 sec, or until destroyed, and moves at 40 gu/sec.
Obviously useful for probing the exit of a wormhole near an enemy planet or such.

Additionally... for the interdictor:
Wormhole Disruption Torpedo.
FAST moving. say 75-80 gu/sec.
Range: 1-10k gu
Causes a MASSIVE explosion around both the entry and exit of the wormhole. say about the same as a dread or station exploding.
Does no damage on direct hit to ships
Lasers can shoot it down.

Vinco

In Another Place

Honor is all.

Sandals
Fleet Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2004-02-24 22:16   
If the UGTO receive a Wormhole-drive stock ship, it should be a Dreadnought, I think.

Not sure about K'luth.

Mersenne Twister
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-02-24 22:33   
Quote:

On 2004-02-23 19:34, Pants{UGTO/KLUTH} wrote:
Remove the earsplitting beep that accompanies hostile ships and missiles entering sensor range. This is especially bad when coming into missile range of a planet while in a smaller ship. Its downright unpleasant wearing headphones. I recommend an attractive female voice, preferably british, to warn me of impending distruction.

while we're on that, leave the audio cue for ships in, but remove it from any missile or fighter that isnt targeting your ship specifically

and the abbreviated firing cycle for PD, that comming back anytime soon?

I wouldn't screw with it if I were you. The doctor already holds you in poor favor. Messing with this might really fry his shorts.

Sopwith Camel
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-02-24 22:36   
Quote:

On 2004-02-23 19:34, Pants{UGTO/KLUTH} wrote:

Personally I would like to keep that beep, but I don't think an attractive british female voice would go wrong

Actually, I would liek to see two types of stations: One with a Tacyon drive and one with a wormhole, and perhaps other changes too.

Fleet Commander, Galactic Navy

4cemje
Cadet

Posted: 2004-02-24 23:44   
Some Roid bugs

-Asteroids are industructable by means of normal weapon fire, may or may not be bug. Weapons fire does not nudge an asteroid, but an tracor can move it.

-The act of tractor pushing or pulling an astoriod into a planet does not destroy its pop or its buidlings, intead the asteroid floats on the surface. This seems to be kinda bugged if you can't destroy asteroids with contact to objects. Two tractor beams can with a little placement, turn astoriods into strong planet shields that can't be destroyed and effectively block mirvs.

-Also asteroids are not damging when touched by a ship(the same thing happens with a planet happens with ships), I would like to be able to shoot them out of my way if possible.

[ This Message was edited by: 4cemje on 2004-02-24 23:47 ]

Iglooman (SF)
Cadet

Posted: 2004-02-24 23:59   
A really simple one - make the login default to the password box, rather than the username box when you login to Beta Darkspace, just like release...

Mike Drenth - Temagami

Goto the website of Iglooman (SF)
Sandals
Fleet Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2004-02-25 03:07   
Quote:

and the abbreviated firing cycle for PD, that comming back anytime soon?

I, for one, don't miss it. I think the game looks better without it. *shrug*

Darksworde
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2004-02-25 03:37   
Quote:

I recommend an attractive female voice, preferably british, to warn me of impending distruction.

O_o

I can imagine it now. Dear god man!!!!!!!!

Email Darksworde   Goto the website of Darksworde
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Page created in 0.023739 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR