Upcoming Events

- Towel Day
05/25/24 +6.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Enterprise
21th - Hobbyte

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Beta Testing Discussion » » [Locked] Old Improvements Thread (1.481)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
 Author [Locked] Old Improvements Thread (1.481)
Spaceflower (Swe)
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2004-02-25 13:01   
Quote:

On 2004-02-23 19:34, Pants{UGTO/KLUTH} wrote:
Remove the earsplitting beep that accompanies hostile ships and missiles entering sensor range. This is especially bad when coming into missile range of a planet while in a smaller ship. Its downright unpleasant wearing headphones. I recommend an attractive female voice, preferably british, to warn me of impending distruction.

I too find the beep a little too much for my ear, though a female woice would be pleasent i t might distract me from getting our of the way of the incomming missiles or enemy ships I'ld say, keep the beep but tune it down a bit, or something.

Therax Anrak
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2004-02-25 13:33   
Pulse Beams are nearly useless for shooting down infantry in their drop pods. Since this is all the PD ICC defbases get, infantry drop pod HP needs to come down, or the total damage capability of Pulse Beams needs to be enhanced.

Barthezzz
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-02-25 13:44   
Quote:

On 2004-02-25 13:01, Spaceflower wrote:
Quote:

On 2004-02-23 19:34, Pants{UGTO/KLUTH} wrote:
Remove the earsplitting beep that accompanies hostile ships and missiles entering sensor range. This is especially bad when coming into missile range of a planet while in a smaller ship. Its downright unpleasant wearing headphones. I recommend an attractive female voice, preferably british, to warn me of impending distruction.

I too find the beep a little too much for my ear, though a female woice would be pleasent i t might distract me from getting our of the way of the incomming missiles or enemy ships I'ld say, keep the beep but tune it down a bit, or something.

No beep would be nice, The Red Arrows show up in your screen. Those are hard to miss...

Also the Beep sound you hear when you hit spacer while some of your weapons are still reloading is damn annoying.
PLEASE Remove this one, its useless!

Goto the website of Barthezzz
Eleda
Cadet

Posted: 2004-02-25 16:02   
A couple of things:-

1.Heavy infantry- Unless the plan is to bring out a vast number of new,harder hitting types of infantry/vehicals in the VERY near future i would suggest that the tech-level requirement for them be moved up to around 80.

With this tech requirement only developed planets would be able to construct them, and would add one more advantage to a habitable planet over an airless ball of rock.

If the tech level for heavy infantry is set so low because you are planning to bring out more powerfull units in the distant future, could you not raise the required tech level now then drop it again in the future?

2.High level buildings-Many people have commented on the fact that high level buildings are almost not worth it because of the larger number of pop they require to run. Rather than upping the pop requirement for the highest level buildings could you not set them to use some of the rarer resources on a regular basis (ie every few ticks).A building starved of the correct resources would shut down.

This would make high tech planets dependent on trade from lower-tech mining worlds (a nice thought) and would also make level 3 buildings TRUELY an advance on lvl 2 buildings, but with an element of risk.

Email Eleda
MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2004-02-25 16:07   
The higher tech buildings are definitely worth using. 8 lvl 3 defense bases are way better than 12-15 lvl 1 defense bases. Just gotta experiment with your building to find the optimal amounts. I'd tell you what I've found out so far, but I wanna let my non-Kluth enemies figure it out themselves

Spaceflower (Swe)
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2004-02-25 19:03   
i use a lot of lvl 3 buildings, but not lvl 2, since i feel the advatage of lvl 2 vs lvl 1 is sometimes far to low. the generators for example, but i think someone already pointed that out.

Ascension(Purge)
Admiral

Posted: 2004-02-25 20:17   
I dont feel a degree in economics should be needed to operate the new planet systems... I will not do it now Im afraid I'll blow up the MV with my mindless tweaking and uber BETA building newbness!

Email Ascension(Purge)
$yTHe {C?}
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-02-27 12:19   
I think there should be a Fleet Admiral-like server so people can test out each of the factions without leaving their respective fleets.

Gideon
Cadet

Posted: 2004-02-27 14:23   
Quote:

Female voice, eh?

Would it say, "Attention, you are about to be owned. Have a nice day."

Email Gideon
Wyke {ThorsHammer}
Cadet

Posted: 2004-03-01 10:17   
Make drop pods function similar to bombs. i.e. One is dropped at a time, with a similar recharge time between each pod. To make troop pod-cloud would require some skill, and fleet co-ordination.

Make drop-pod a system that would only be available on transports, this would make transports a necessary part of any invasion fleet.

Since heavy transports never use their bomb in the MV, this could also be used to help differentiate between light and heavy transports. Give 1 on light and 2 on a heavy tranport.

This would also stop stations being used to cap planets, and IMHO is a better solution than limiting a stations troops.

[ This Message was edited by: Wyke on 2004-03-01 12:15 ]

Email Wyke {ThorsHammer}
Flandres
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2004-03-01 22:26   
The resizble/movable status windows should have their current position and size saved each time you log out, instead of resetting to default positions every time.

Wyke {ThorsHammer}
Cadet

Posted: 2004-03-05 12:57   
Ship Engineering / modding

Im finding this very fiddle and have ended up selling my new bought mods back to the starport way to often.

It could be improved by when a system is right clicked and the substitue device is right clicked the systems are swapped. Quick clean and much les contextual than it is at the moment.

--- edited ---

I just figured out that some systems need to turned off before they can be replaced. Was this the intention, or it a bug ?

[ This Message was edited by: Wyke on 2004-03-14 18:55 ]

Email Wyke {ThorsHammer}
Wyke {ThorsHammer}
Cadet

Posted: 2004-03-05 12:57   

Infrantry could require resources, e.g. food and metal in support costs.

[ This Message was edited by: Wyke on 2004-03-14 18:57 ]

Email Wyke {ThorsHammer}
Wyke {ThorsHammer}
Cadet

Posted: 2004-03-14 19:05   

In the past multiple depots would be used to repair ships, 4 depots where common and 6 or more was not unusual on front line planets. Under the current build system build space is at such a real premium, it is rare to see more than 1 depot, it can take over 10 mins for a single depot to repair a badly damaged dread. So,

- Add multiple levels to depots, like other structures.
- Allow shipyards to repair ships, it seems odd to me they can create a new ship instantly but not repair a damaged one.

Email Wyke {ThorsHammer}
MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2004-03-14 19:16   
Whatcha doin posting in here? This thread is old history.

[ This Message was edited by: MrSparkle on 2004-03-14 21:06 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Page created in 0.033838 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR