Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.7 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Tellaris
17th - Oskar von Reuenthal

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Ok this is about lock on planets nothing else get it
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
 Author Ok this is about lock on planets nothing else get it
Pope
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2003-09-20 12:05   
you are vastly overaggerating. while locking sometimes is a problem its nowhere nearly as bad as you make it out here. usually POLITE and READABLE requests for unlocking a planet are fulfilled.
IF they are not, give a reason to, and no, i dont mean "you build like a n00bo", say that you want to fix it, bring more barracks up, whatever.

Ragglock, seriously, let me tell you this as a friendly advise:
You are getting far to caught up with the game.
I know this may sound totally unreal for you, but maybe you should take a months break. This is not your Life.

Teager
Cadet

Posted: 2003-09-20 12:17   
I have to agree with sono. It was the same reason why I got inactive after the beta. And it really helped. Some months later I had forgottoen about all the old "problems" and enjoyed playing DS. And actually I now can laugh about myself and the things that made me upset.

Daylight \"The Beginning\"
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2003-09-20 12:30   
OK, here's my two sents...

1. Locking a planet and then forgetting it is WRONG.
2. Locking a planet and then forgetting it IS a BIG DEAL to those that are new and want to help!
3. Being ignored in a game is BS and tends to make others want to not play. I am FA and I get pissed at others when they (As a group) do stupid things, like lock planets and forget them.
4. GET OFF YOUR EGO TRIPS AND START PLAYING AS A TEAM.
5. Yes, this is a game, its only a game, its a game that is designed to be played with teams. Very little can be done by only 1 person, even a FA. SO, STOP WITH THE SELFCENTERED I GOT TO DO IT MY WAY OR WANT TO DO SOMETHNIG ELSE KINDA CRUD AND LEAVE RAG ALONE, He is doing what I do with my rants and name calling in the FA when you all act like morons.

Email Daylight \
Pope
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2003-09-20 12:31   
Quote:

On 2003-09-20 11:13, Darksworde wrote:
.. with the current top hvy ranks we are carrying ...

Something needs to be done, and done quickly.

/me pulls out his banner: "Hull Prestige has GOT to go."

If this game wants to maintain not only a community thats doesnt swear, but also a TEAMPLAYER community, it will have to develop a more appropriate ranking system.

I do not believe in hard limits, i.e. any solution that limits the overall availablilty of ranks or ships as some have suggested. This will only make the problem worse; if everyone is put into a prestige race, imagine the whoring and rivality that would cause. The best Team players would be under Captain in no time.

No, the solution is a "smart" Prestige system. A System where Players that fly a bomber and a supply in a group and work together to actually accomplish something will gain a lot of prestige, and someone who is just lobbing lots of torps at random ships is not. A system where combat points gained while successfully defending a planet are worth much more than they are now.

How can this be implemented? Well, lets take the supply/bomber example.

If a bomber destroys vital structures on a few enemy planets (this can already be translated to code) and the planet suffers (population, research loss etc..), the Bomber Pilot will get the bombing points multiplied by a factor depending on his effiency.
If the bomber has a supply ship supporting him on the run, the 2 Players will automatically be treated as grouped, and the supply prestige gained also modified by the efficieny of the bomber (an additional control mechanism) and the efficieny of the supply pilot.

If a Battle Dread dies alone deep in enemy territory, without having accompished anything, the Prestige loss would be immense.

If a Combat ship successfully defends a planet, the combat prestige gained would be multiplied and a bonus added.

If an engineer successfully builds a planet that is under attack, the gained building prestige has to be modified.

Ok, so it sounds simple, but it is not, i will give you that; but it is implementable, and it will give the game a great boost in "right direction".

Lith Ragond
Cadet
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2003-09-20 12:54   
anyone understand what gone forever was talking about?

but anyway, as this discussion as originally started by the poster has come to a conclusion, maybe we should start a post in suggestions and let this one die.

NoPants2win
Cadet

Posted: 2003-09-20 12:56   
I used to get planets locked on me all the time when I was admiral. Pissed me off. There were only ever 3 reasons for it.

1). The FA couldn't build have as well as me and couldn't grasp the concept of building planets under fire
2) The FA wanted cl2ks, and was willing to essentially stop the development of the planet, because they didn't care.
3) And, before I got to admiral, they would get locked, while I was building so the other guy could get the build points.

This pretty much sums up 95% of the locking in FA. Once in a great while I lock a planet when the noob building it starts researching robotics or something equally stupid, when they should be researching defense bases.

I also agree with 2 of the more important points. The lobby may be all pink and fuzzy. But the part of the community that actually plays this game can be downright hostile to new players.

And agree with another point someone made. Most of the mods are lobby campers that don't in fact play very often, and play even more rarely in the evening. Most late night games there is no mod around.

Goto the website of NoPants2win
Pimpalicious Nerd {C?}
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2003-09-20 12:56   
Quote:

On 2003-09-20 11:56, Gone4Ever wrote:
stupid is what you calls someone when you run out of good arguments making the stupid mark return to the sender

Spoken Like A True Idiot Ragglock

Ragglock
Marshal
BIOnics Industry Syndicate

Posted: 2003-09-20 13:05   
Quote:
Ragglock, seriously, let me tell you this as a friendly advise:
You are getting far to caught up with the game.
I know this may sound totally unreal for you, but maybe you should take a months break. This is not your Life.

you directly insult me and most my family there

its in my blod when i do something i do it 150% or 200 %

we have anes going all the way to the vikings some 2000 years ago on the runes on my familys estate say they "we live to the full we give no mercy and have no regrets, we meet you in valhall"

anything i do i give my full attention good or bad i will allways do my best either in real life (as i do) or if its (just) a game

having strong opnions on things comes with this.

i live and play to win nothing else.

LOVE the smell of human flesh in the morning smells like MVictory

[ This Message was edited by: Ragglock(KTS) on 2003-09-20 13:06 ]

Goto the website of Ragglock
Ragglock
Marshal

Posted: 2003-09-20 13:10   
anyway this is starting to look more like an get ragg post i surgets it get lucked up and i take the points about the why and why not lock planets on senario out post in a new thread

Lith Ragond
Cadet
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2003-09-20 13:30   
... *stares* ... *mouth drops open* ... now... i trully... feel SO.... enroumously... bad... for you... ragg

DOM700 [-IMO-]
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2003-09-20 13:58   
Quote:

On 2003-09-20 13:05, Ragglock(KTS) wrote:
its in my blod when i do something i do it 150% or 200 %

I hope all of your family live for more than 40 years, but I dont think they can with that attitude towards anything

Never forget what you fight for
I have earned my betatester badge for being part of the open beta

Email DOM700 [-IMO-]   Goto the website of DOM700 [-IMO-]
DaBunny
Cadet

Posted: 2003-09-20 14:58   
i like carrots!

[ This Message was edited by: a Cute-N-Fuzzy Bunny on 2003-09-20 15:00 ]

Ragglock
Marshal

Posted: 2003-09-20 15:41   
garnpa was 95 one he died and he smoked cigars was in "tur de france" navy admiral, he died on with his shoes on in a motocykel crash.

my onkel went to vietnam just for the heck of it dident have to go, did it any way was shoot 4 times, 2 times in the cheast, 1 in the head, 1 in the leg.
been in the greenland sirius partrol for 10 years
he runs maraton and do it to win, member of the danish adventure soicity.

list goes on....

we live it out, give us an high age you should try it no one in my family have died of heart attacks or serrius problems with anything orther than car crashes or natural death for the last 40 years.

we dont have problems with our lives

think this thread is so much off track it hurts

do you really need to say ragg don’t play DS because you have opinions on it ?

[ This Message was edited by: Ragglock(KTS) on 2003-09-20 15:50 ]

Pope
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2003-09-20 17:58   
uhn

thats where i stop commenting.

Darksworde
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2003-09-20 18:01   
Yee gads Sono, thats a mighty funny quote u got in your sig!

Email Darksworde   Goto the website of Darksworde
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Page created in 0.024044 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR