- Towel Day
05/25/24 +4.3 Days
- Weekly DarkSpace
05/25/24 +5.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

10th - Murgath

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Ok this is about lock on planets nothing else get it
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
 Author Ok this is about lock on planets nothing else get it
Lith Ragond
Cadet
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2003-09-20 21:18   
i dont think it's funny, especially cause it's about my server the maps WONT cycle... but yeah, this topic is way off, it went from *whineaboutgettingkicked* to *whineaboutlockingsystem* to *raggtryingtoprovesomerandompointwhichnoneofusreallygetnorcarecauseitreallydoesntmatter* and now to *somethingsomething*

Pope
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2003-09-20 21:51   
you forgot *sonosuggestingwickedfeaturesnooneeverwillimplementinthisgameanyways*

DaBunny
Cadet

Posted: 2003-09-21 07:48   
ach hem.... *taps foot* whereinthehellismydamncarrot!

fyi**to get sigs to appear one has to edit without editing.... strangly i sense conpiracy like when alice fell out of the teacup... hmmm could chromix be that shifty cat? ....

[ This Message was edited by: a Cute-N-Fuzzy Bunny on 2003-09-21 07:54 ]

Antdizzle

Posted: 2003-09-21 08:09   
Rag For moderator!!!!

Eagleranger
Admiral

Posted: 2003-09-21 08:14   
i have founded locking is helpful when some one is messing with the planet that your trying to build and other players are trying to build other than what you have on your agenda.
this has happen several times while i have been trying to teach bluedragon how to build and so ive locked the planet to keep idiots from screwing with the planet

IT DOES SEVER A PURPOSE

Selvarian {IMC}
Cadet

Posted: 2003-09-21 08:14   
Quote:

On 2003-09-21 08:09, Sarge wrote:
Rag For moderator!!!!

Yeah, that's likely to happen... after all the stars in the sky burn out and the universe turns into a cold, thin haze of dark matter.

Founding Member - Interstellar Mercenary Corps

Email Selvarian {IMC}   Goto the website of Selvarian {IMC}
II
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2003-09-21 10:06   
Wow, someone who cares about the game is getting flamed. Thats ironic. Anyway, this kinda backs up my theory of how the biggest problem here isn't the game, or the general player base, it is the elitist club that ruins the game!

DarkestVorlon
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2003-09-21 10:23   
As for locking, I have to agree with Ragg on the propblems. So far in the last 4 games in FA I have come accross more thena few planets loccked with improper research or completetly unbuilt! Just because a player is a FA doesnt mean he or she has any idea of what they are doing, infact in the vast majority of FA's case's its the opposite of what it should be. Most FA's I know did the "fast track to glory" and rose the ranks too fast to really develop a understanding of the game. The reason I rarely lock a planet or even build one is Im NOT a engineer, Im NOT a builder. I dislike that part of the game so I do NOT engage in it, other people on my faction are engineer's and are better at it so I let them use that expertise while I use mine. Something has to be done to allow a lower ranked player to fix a planet without friendly bombing if a planet is incorrectly locked like most are.

On the other hand, I agree bombing a friendly planet is dispicable. using nuclear or biologic weapons on and mass murdering a friendly planets population the ultimate in treason and should be treated ruthlessly, but NOT by admins but by the faction itself IMO.

Former Member of Agents.
Former Member of NX
Founding and former member of KIGR

[ This Message was edited by: DarkestVorlon on 2003-09-21 10:25 ]

[ This Message was edited by: DarkestVorlon on 2003-09-21 10:26 ]
Former Member of Agents.
Former Member of NX.
Founding and former member of KIGR.

Email DarkestVorlon
Lith Ragond
Cadet
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2003-09-21 13:28   
II has spoken

the nusual stuff he does, which i find funny, and alarming that it even matter to him so much to come up with some crackpot theory... LOL, nm, i'm just gonna stop posting in these type of threads...

no... i'll say one thing... Faust has a reason to care about this game, it's his livlihood. But why don't some of you find something REAL to believe in?

Pope
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2003-09-21 13:55   
Quote:

On 2003-09-21 13:28, Lith "The Tool" Ragond wrote:
But why don't some of you find something REAL to believe in?

werd up.

Firekka
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2003-09-21 16:07   
Sorry raggs but bombing your own planet is just as bad as what those fas lcking the planet do. Both of you try to be " king of the hill" and simply because you dont have the rank you bomb instead of lock.

And please dont try to say that only YOU know how a planet is built. Just report whoever is locking the planet.. imho they break the roc too.

(note: in my version of the roc any bad action against your own faction is bannable )

Gone4Ever
Cadet
BIOnics Industry Syndicate

Posted: 2003-09-21 18:37   

FYI i never bombed any hubs, actuly 1 barrack and said i would remove the hub, i have seen more dammage done by freindly pcm at planets done in the mv, that i will ever be able to do myself, no one kicks these idiots dont know what the fuss is about .

but thats actuly not the topic.

if someone read carefully i do not whine about the kick, why should i ?
they just find another reason to do it those that dont like me, im use to this now becaus i fart and get banned, thats their problem.

DS is the only online game i play, i frankly dont get some of these guys problem with that and insulting me for beeing faithfull to the game, dont make it better when some of the main forces in this are moderators.

is that the way you should threat players that gives Faustus the full support for his game ?.

so back to the lock topic, it must go or get another construct way to use it.

RAgglock out final word no more said help im getting spammed

[ This Message was edited by: Gone4Ever on 2003-09-21 18:39 ]

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2003-09-21 19:34   
Quote:
New players can learn to build any time. If a planet is locked, then it's locked for a reason.

That's not true anymore. It seems to have become 'habit' for FAs to lock planets and then abandon them. Or to lock a planet, do their own thing regardless of what the team needs, then keep it locked (like researching items for modding rather than defences etc).

The lock system is in place, I thought, to prevent new players from messing up planets...it has become a system for FAs to take total control and even mess up planets themselves.

You know how many FA's I've seen mess up a planet totally? And they lock the planet so they can research depots and automated farms before defense bases are even researched?

I don't know, the locking system is good in theory but it isn't working. And I really really really HATE spending time capping a planet and starting its building and research, then having some FA lock the planet because "he wants TN mines to mod with and when they're done he will give the planet back"

Bullplop. The lock system has become an unfair griefing/control tool. FA's should know what's best for the team right? They should use lock for the team's interests and not their own right? Sorry, bad system it's gotta go.

EDIT:
Quote:

2) The FA wanted cl2ks, and was willing to essentially stop the development of the planet, because they didn't care.
3) And, before I got to admiral, they would get locked, while I was building so the other guy could get the build points.

This pretty much sums up 95% of the locking in FA. Once in a great while I lock a planet when the noob building it starts researching robotics or something equally stupid, when they should be researching defense bases.

WDPFF said this, and it's sad to say, but it happens way more often than you think. Locking is now a way to further your personal goals when it should be a way to STOP people from furthering their personal goals. And I also unfortunately see a lot more FA's doing that 'n00b research' stuff than new players; at least new players listen to you and take your advice...FAs just lock the planet and say 'Im FA I have the power and I dont care what you think' or 'Im FA Im obviously better than you dont tell me what to do' (these are damned close to actual quotes BTW).

[ This Message was edited by: MrSparkle on 2003-09-21 19:51 ]

Deleted
Marshal

Posted: 2003-09-21 19:46   
lol

Captain Caveman
Cadet

Posted: 2003-09-22 10:00   
Quote:

On 2003-09-21 13:28, Lith "The Tool" Ragond wrote:

But why don't some of you find something REAL to believe in?

Like Smallville?

Sorry. Couldn't help myself

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Page created in 0.027853 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR