Combat Kills

Combat kills in last 24 hours:
No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Beta Testing Discussion » » 1.672
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
 Author 1.672
Gejaheline
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2012-02-09 09:21   
Quote:

On 2012-02-09 05:54, chlorophyll wrote:
Right now, each beta update will grant the player 20 000 credit. However we have 8 ships in garrage, so we need at least (800*8) credit/ship * 8 ships = 51200 credit. May you increase the credit per update up to... 100 000, please?

Insofar as I'm aware, you shouldn't really be testing ships in beta with enhancements fitted unless you're specifically testing enhancements, since it skews the results.

As such, it seems a little extravagant to need that many top-grade enhancements...

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2012-02-09 11:41   
You can just simply re-transfer your profile and get another 20k credits. Your garage might be wiped, but it's beta so that shouldn't matter.

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-02-09 12:30   
Your garage doesn't get wiped when you update your beta profile, unless that was something new that was recently added.

But yeah, why is that such an issue? It takes what, maybe 15 minutes tops to fully enhance a garage full of ships?

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-02-10 13:23   
I can't tell any difference between Focused ECM/ECCM vs Narrowband ECM/ECCM. When to use them? How far is their range?

Longwave ECCM still counters cloak when Luth cloaks within the range. How about focused and narrowband?

Dico field is no longer visible and functional.

Sometimes, it takes a planet longer than normal to update the resource it receives.

AI dodged fire as it approach me. When I attacked it, it flew around me as if it had been fighting back but it did nothing but jumped when low on health. I countered 2 AI.

Btw, ICC have to queue up building station in their cluster in beta since ICE is the highest capacity of resource they have. While ICC cluster needs to add one terran/arid, Luth cluster needs to substract one barren.

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-02-10 17:16   
all you have to do is que a station to buld. then get out an extractor and mine.

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-02-16 10:13   
Quote:
In 1.672 log, Fattierob wrote:
- Structures can no longer be paused unless they take a resource that has a shortage (Workers,Food,Power). Planets runs a check every 60 seconds to see if structures can be put back on given that the planet has no more shortages of the type they drain.

I just watch it today in Beta. It's such a nightmare!

When a planet is bombed or a plague takes place, the population decreases. As a result, power and tech structures stops. Hence, all the resources are shortened. Espcially when the plant only has Biosphere, there is no chance for it to recover itself. Even when I go and update Bio to Auto, plant already lack of power and tech and therefore the structures on the whole planet can't function normally again. It's like a circle of collapse!
Perhaps that's the reason why we can jump through planet with Dico field. Once a planet shortens one kind of resource, it will lacks all the rest of resource as well. I call that: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGAiW5dOnKo

There are 3 solutions to fix the planet:
  1. Scrapping.
  2. Razing Inf.
  3. Bombing.

And all of them ain't worth bothering.

I suggest a modification: - Structures can no longer be scrapped unless...
[ This Message was edited by: chlorophyll on 2012-02-16 10:21 ]

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2012-02-16 10:26   
I don't understand what you're trying to say, chloro.

If the population decreases, structures will shut down from lack of workers. If that doesn't correct the imbalance of workers, the structures will stay paused until the worker shortage is resolved, either naturally or through external means (like an enginer building in orbit or the mass deletion of infantry)

This appears to be working exactly as it should. What is the problem here?

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-02-16 11:13   
this would be true if the colony hub was not a self sustaining building.

just pause everything exept the colony hub. its like pushing the start button on your car.

Gejaheline
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2012-02-16 11:54   
The "circle of failure" with regards to planets may be a problem, I can see that; if you have nothing but cortex nexi and your tech falls below that required for them, you'll lose all tech and never recover.

This is why (and this may cause people's brains to implode) I recommend that people build planets mindful of the fact that it will almost inevitably get bombed at some point and build accordingly.

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-02-16 12:07   
And Geja brings up the other problem. That's how I build planets myself, but then I come back the next day and someone has "edited" it and replaced Hydro Farms with Bio Condensors, and scrapped all but 1 Barracks to build more Domes/Farms in order to turn the level 1 bases into level 2 bases. After that you can't fix the planet without losing build pres because you'd have to scrap higher level structures to replace them with the more efficient lower level structures, which should not be necessary. Higher level structures should be upgrades, not downgrades.

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-02-16 14:20   
The "proper way" to build a planet is continuously being revised, reviewed and sorted through. I think the new change will continue that cycle, but I seem to recall Cortex Nexi work without technology... so they should automatically get up to spec.

If the planet can prioritise structures over others, it should really prevent any problems: if, say, the planet will first turn off level 2 defences, then level 1 defences, then other defences, and then structures vital to its rebuilding, such as food plants, technology structures and power structures, the planet should be bombed rather thoroughly for the planet to put itself in a state where it cannot recover through natural means.

Regarding the base upgrades.
Building a planet so that it can withstand attacks is already difficult. I have personally not seen many planets that can prevent an AI Transport from flying up to it, dumping its infantry load on it and depart again.

It's understandable that the reaction to this is higher level defence bases, on the engineers' parts.

Really, the problem with building is one of mentality from engineers: once the builders are disabused of the notion that a planet can protect itself, they can begin constructing a planet with the idea of supporting a defensive fleet.

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2012-02-16 15:58   
Theirs been some talks about making it so that if the tech level goes below what's required for a structure it just operates at reduced effeciency (ie: requires 50 tech and the planet has 25? it operates at 50% ability)

Don't know if that will happen though, so don't quote me on it.

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-02-16 16:54   
Wouldn't it be simpler to not have tech drop unless the labs themselves go offline, instead of as soon as pop starts going down?

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-02-16 17:00   
erm. unless something has changed about how building works, this issue is a non issue. There is no possible way you can attack a planet so that it never recovers.

If you nuke all the pop, all the food, tec, and power structures go down yes. But the colony hub acts like a jump starter for the planet. It puts up 10 pop, tec, and power. From there pop, tec, and power grow, and structures automaticly come back online as the nessisary p/t/p specs are met.

Even though ptp specs are not met for cortex nexus structures, they too will come back online.

If this was an issue, then every time a MI glassed a planet, then it would be forever dead.

or am i wrong?

NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-02-16 19:17   
Quote:

On 2012-02-16 16:54, Talien wrote:
Wouldn't it be simpler to not have tech drop unless the labs themselves go offline, instead of as soon as pop starts going down?

this was always a riddle to me.... why people get stupid when my labs go offline

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Page created in 0.027006 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR