- Towel Day
05/25/24 +6.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Hellaciouss
15th - phoenixfyre
13th - Rain of Fire [O-XII]

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Soap Box » » This game is a baby eater.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
 Author This game is a baby eater.
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-11-15 05:00   
Quote:

On 2010-11-15 04:21, chlorophyll wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-11-15 02:24, Bombg wrote:
There's a difference between a ship built for a specific task (combat, bomber etc), and a ship that's terrible at the task it was built for; thus only being useful in very specific situations.

Hull level is the problem.

Weap levelling too. But until that changes, there's nothing u can do but play on or quit.

Malasorte
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-11-15 08:02   
actually its great to be a baby,flea,little ship player in this game ... if u go attack player stations and dreads u get loads of pres even with the new pres gain lowered a bit and even if u die hundred of times agains them if u get a few shots at them u gain lot more pres that u loose by loosing the ship ... i got admiral in a few days with all badges needed for all ship .. then a few more days for fa ... now i dont play so much .. just from time to time ... because i'm kinda bored of games and the lag its not so good also

anyway u get lots of pres if u play scen also and u can always rank up in rank limited areas
so i see no baby eating game here ... its fun to go against station and dreads in little ships ... its kinda annoying for me with my hive to get attacked by them little fleas but its still fun for me also ... trying to kill the fleas that attack my ship ... if u use ecm and attack from like 300 gu and more the stations and dreads will have a hard time killing u
and most of the time even if u go near a station and it shoots your little ship u most of the time dont die ... if u use speed u can laser the station dread and get away from it ... and shoot some more from afar ... also the station and dreads need a lot of time to rep while in a little ship that time is 2 fast 2 furious ... and little ships are good for hounding station and dreads ... go in shoot get out go rep refill and go at it again because of the speed smaller ships have they can annoy a station, dread player to death(ship death) or make then run away to rep

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-11-15 08:14   
Now I just feel compelled.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Oskar von Reuenthal
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-11-15 08:27   
in my humble opinion, the thread starter has a point.

although scenraio is t/he best and safest place for newbies, its pretty darn quiet. and then some malevolent admiral pops along, locking planets and building it themselves and basically telling newbs to either buzz off or get outta my face. there is no atmosphere of noblese oblige. the problem isnt the game setup, its perfectly fine. its with the people who have higher rank. yes, if you stop popping up in stations and dreads in scenario, and take at least a little bit of your time to be decent and nice and teach the newbies on what to to, lets say, on how to build a planet effectively or how to bomb effectively or how to dogfight properly, then the game wouldnt have such a nasty reputation as being a game full of arrogant, snobish, self righteous SOB's.

the environment needs to change not the gameplay, and the mods and developers cant solve this problem, the DS community can. what say you?
Xenophon Excelsior, By the grace of God, Sultan of Snark, brother of the Sun and Moon, grandson and vicegerent of God, sovereign of all kingdoms: of Sol, Kaus Borealis, and Tetra, of Dres Kona and Delta Pavonis: king of kings, ruler of all that exists;

jamesbob
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-11-15 08:49   
Quote:

On 2010-11-15 08:27, Xenophon{Sultan of Snark} wrote:
in my humble opinion, the thread starter has a point.

although scenraio is t/he best and safest place for newbies, its pretty darn quiet. and then some malevolent admiral pops along, locking planets and building it themselves and basically telling newbs to either buzz off or get outta my face. there is no atmosphere of noblese oblige. the problem isnt the game setup, its perfectly fine. its with the people who have higher rank. yes, if you stop popping up in stations and dreads in scenario, and take at least a little bit of your time to be decent and nice and teach the newbies on what to to, lets say, on how to build a planet effectively or how to bomb effectively or how to dogfight properly, then the game wouldnt have such a nasty reputation as being a game full of arrogant, snobish, self righteous SOB's.

the environment needs to change not the gameplay, and the mods and developers cant solve this problem, the DS community can. what say you?

you know what i did that

for those like crnydrax that where their i noticed this new player building and i offered some advice

AND HE TRYS TO TEAM KILL ME

for real he trys so i am flying arround and then i just bust out my dread and send them packing.

the moral of the story this is one of the many reasons why admirals do this.

i do not do this tho

but i swear the next time a newbie does that to me when all i did was ask if they want some advice on how to build.

IM GOING TO FRAP IT

sparky43
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2010-11-15 10:41   
Quote:

On 2010-11-15 03:42, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-11-15 02:24, Bombg wrote:
There's a difference between a ship built for a specific task (combat, bomber etc), and a ship that's terrible at the task it was built for; thus only being useful in very specific situations.

Hmm... Frigs and Dessies were never meant to be Dread Killers....

So I suppose you probably need to go pick a fight with other frigs and dessies. If you're expecting them to excel at a task they're terrible at (ie. fighting dreads head-on), then may I suggest that you use them for a task they excel at (fighting other equivalent classes of ships).... Here's a hint. Use your frig/dessie to kill the enemy suppies.

... or just fly a suppie/tranny. Which, BTW, excel at their task... that is to transport troops, and repair other ships.

Good luck! You'll probably find happiness somewhere down that line.
Otherwise, there're other games out there.

[ This Message was edited by: Kenny_Naboo[+R] on 2010-11-15 03:44 ]

I use dessies to pop cruisers who think they can tag along behind the dreads myself

Veronw
Marshal

Posted: 2010-11-15 14:55   
Quote:

On 2010-11-13 21:39, Bombg wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-11-13 14:58, Sops wrote:
This game just has a really steep learning curve.

And I'll say it once again. The notion that smaller ships are effective in battle vs large ships is just blatantly misguided or selfish.
[ This Message was edited by: Bombg on 2010-11-13 21:40 ]

Were it possible, I would smack you for this comment. If you really believe that, you have no idea how to play this game at all.

Bombg
Admiral

Posted: 2010-11-15 15:33   
Quote:

On 2010-11-15 03:42, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:

Hmm... Frigs and Dessies were never meant to be Dread Killers....

According to some people they already are, but never mind that I'll quote myself from earlier since you keep bringing up the same point, and maybe I'm not explaining my counterpoint well enough.

'I'd like to see it so when fleets start to form they decide they need a mix of ships and ship types instead of just "EVERYONE GO GET YOUR DREADS AND STATIONS" '

So, the only solution isn't to buff small ships there's lots of creative things you could add on to different ships to make it so people decide to get that ship over a dread or a station. Not to say that I'd like dreads and stations gone completely, but a more dynamic ship layout would certainly be nice.

Quote:

On 2010-11-15 14:55, Veronw wrote:

Were it possible, I would smack you for this comment.

Way to prove your point tough guy.

Lrd_Hunter
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-11-15 17:00   
This scenario seems a little more believable to me than "dessies are deadly", but what's to stop the EAD from jumping on one of these ships and hulling them within two alphas?

and i ask again were do you get your fact from. first off if your STUPID enough to jump a dessie or cruiser with and ead then you deserve to die but to answer you question. Most people who know how to fly dread wont jump dessie or cruiser with them jsut for the fact that cruiser and dessie jd charge like 20-30x faster then the dreads.

it bascially be like this: here you are in a dread you see two dessie or two cruiser just mopping around and you think"well i am in a dread the most powerful ship in the game i will just two shot them and laugh as they qq over how strong dreads are". you jump they jump away just far enough for them to be in range of you but you barely able to hit them cause there dodgeing your shots. so now your mashing you space bar fractially and missing 9 our of 10 shots while they are nailing you with every gun cause you cant move fast enough to dodge there fire. the end result either your able to surive long enough for your jd to charge and you jump out or back up come or the alt......YOU DIE.

does that answer your question. and me plus other's can verfy that a cruiser if flown properly can solo most dreads out there. heck as kon of the pb guys(cant remmber who name at the moment) but i took on one of there shipon in my tc in a duel and i was able to win it was close but i won in the end. i have soled siphon ad and cd with my tc. so yea this game a babyeater right i am a noob and i can solo dread with cruiser's.

P.S. my tc does not have any enh on it either.

Lrd_Hunter
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-11-15 17:21   
i can give the weak point to yah stations have no real long range weaponary.

so as a icc you can quite easly smash them with a couple of cruisers because quite simply the station is 10000 metric tons of target practise at long range to be honest.

also one of the reason this game is a baby eat is because they merged all the servers under one name so its extremely hard for new players to tell which is which one of the many reasons i was aposed to a merge like that.

also one of the reasons why i left beside from a new bugs central and complaining noobies because they haven't got a clue which area is the noobie area and their for get blown up in 10 seconds flat.

and i rarely post to topics such as this so that should say something.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i have to agree tehre to a point. i was hopeing they was bring back the old mv not merging all the servers. to fix that they just need to pull proc and newbie server out of the sag server and make the sag server like the old mv server.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-11-15 19:40   
Quote:

On 2010-11-15 15:33, Bombg wrote:

'I'd like to see it so when fleets start to form they decide they need a mix of ships and ship types instead of just "EVERYONE GO GET YOUR DREADS AND STATIONS" '

So, the only solution isn't to buff small ships there's lots of creative things you could add on to different ships to make it so people decide to get that ship over a dread or a station. Not to say that I'd like dreads and stations gone completely, but a more dynamic ship layout would certainly be nice.

Hey, I would like that too. But until that happens, there's no point in QQ'ing abt it. Just play on, and offer suggestions.

So what are your suggestions then?

jamesbob
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-11-15 22:24   
Quote:

On 2010-11-15 17:00, Nova Team wrote:
This scenario seems a little more believable to me than "dessies are deadly", but what's to stop the EAD from jumping on one of these ships and hulling them within two alphas?

and i ask again were do you get your fact from. first off if your STUPID enough to jump a dessie or cruiser with and ead then you deserve to die but to answer you question. Most people who know how to fly dread wont jump dessie or cruiser with them jsut for the fact that cruiser and dessie jd charge like 20-30x faster then the dreads.

it bascially be like this: here you are in a dread you see two dessie or two cruiser just mopping around and you think"well i am in a dread the most powerful ship in the game i will just two shot them and laugh as they qq over how strong dreads are". you jump they jump away just far enough for them to be in range of you but you barely able to hit them cause there dodgeing your shots. so now your mashing you space bar fractially and missing 9 our of 10 shots while they are nailing you with every gun cause you cant move fast enough to dodge there fire. the end result either your able to surive long enough for your jd to charge and you jump out or back up come or the alt......YOU DIE.

does that answer your question. and me plus other's can verfy that a cruiser if flown properly can solo most dreads out there. heck as kon of the pb guys(cant remmber who name at the moment) but i took on one of there shipon in my tc in a duel and i was able to win it was close but i won in the end. i have soled siphon ad and cd with my tc. so yea this game a babyeater right i am a noob and i can solo dread with cruiser's.

torpcruisers can hurt a station as well if you just use the torps

or hug the station so that every other player arround it is trying to shoot you

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-11-15 22:58   
Quote:

On 2010-11-15 22:24, jamesbob wrote:
Quote:

torpcruisers can hurt a station as well if you just use the torps

or hug the station so that every other player arround it is trying to shoot you

I remember one person using weap multis instead of beam multis on a torp cruiser. Was very scary cruiser. O.O

Bombg
Admiral

Posted: 2010-11-16 00:51   
Quote:

Well I guess this explains why fleets are mainly cruiser based....oh wait?

Quote:

On 2010-11-15 19:40, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:

Hey, I would like that too. But until that happens, there's no point in QQ'ing abt it. Just play on, and offer suggestions.

So what are your suggestions then?

My understanding based on posts from different developers on other games is that it's more productive for the players to address the problem itself instead of focusing on fixes. Since players focusing on fixes can sometimes forget to mention why they want this change, or what problem they're trying to address. Not to mention the threads could easily get sidetracked on unrelated changes people would like.

With that said, one thing that comes up off the top of my head is maybe give one of the lower tier ships a stat bonus to everyone in their group. That way vets will be more inclined to invite newbies into their group (not to say that some people don't do this anyway), and this ships presence can directly contribute to the fleet.

Cosgrove
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2010-11-16 00:58   
It makes you tuff

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
Page created in 0.028087 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR