- Towel Day
05/25/24 +6.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Hellaciouss
15th - phoenixfyre
13th - Rain of Fire [O-XII]

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Soap Box » » This game is a baby eater.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
 Author This game is a baby eater.
The Fridge
Chief Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-11-13 03:10   
Quote:

On 2010-11-12 22:37, Sardaukar wrote:
All I can say is, the ICC welcomes captains of small vessels. There are few sights as impressive as a few combat destroyers dancing around battle dreadnaughts and pelting them with railgun bolts.

+1

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-11-13 04:39   
All the vets trying to get the coin out of toilet hole which was droped by a newbie.

Also dont insult newbies saying a dessy or scout can be deadly to a dread.

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-11-13 05:29   
This game is not a baby eater. I swear that other free MMO are. The character is alike at same level. But the better weapon doesn't come along, you must buy.

One day, when you can fly station, you'll regconize what vets here talked. They're right.

I agree with Necrotic, weapon's level should be removed. In reality, a gun is a gun, no matter where you shoot it.

Lithium
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-11-13 05:49   
Try Assault Cruiser or Torpedo Cruiser.
They're not useless atleast.

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-11-13 07:06   
Quote:

On 2010-11-12 22:23, Fatal PadmaVajra wrote:
I understand your frustration.

I'd suggest adjusting your expectations and join up with others.

Many years ago when I first joined I used to get zapped just like you and it was frustrating on a level that I just went with and in time....I flipped it and tried to become a pretty good player.

Adjusting my expectations against veteran players went a long way.

It gets better if you work with it.

And if you work with others, you'll serve the fleet well. Scouts can be deadly if you know how to use them.

Padma

hey padma, hell i remember zapping her a few times in her old 483 combat dessie. but will all that she learned how to play the game is prolly one of the best icc players out there.

Email Borgie
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-11-13 08:57   
Quote:

On 2010-11-12 14:19, Bombg wrote:
While I appreciate the effort you took to write this out .....

Somehow I just knew this is how you would begin your response.

Sorry, dont really know what's left to say.

Have fun finding a new game I guess.

And weapon levels? Tired of fighting that battle. I have been the loudest voice screaming against weapon leveling, have done so for....4 years now (Since BEFORE .483 went live!)? I just give up, because it ISN'T GOING TO CHANGE BACK, so its a waste of text space. Certain folks just do not like their EADS getting whacked by Claws or Assault Dessies and it simply will not be changed. If you havent gotten used to that fact by now, have fun finding a new game with Bombg.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Xydes
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-11-13 10:01   
Quote:

On 2010-11-12 01:53, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:
Question to you:
What's stopping u newbies from forming yr own enclaves n duking it out in the rank limited servers or the scenario?

The MV, especially Sag, is a big bad no holds barred place. All the vets n ranking players earned their ranks n place in blood playing in Sag. If they made it through to where they are today, then I don't see why you can't do it too?

You either play smart in Sag, or u stay in Scen or RR till you rank up and have the guns to survive in the MV. Can't dumb down the game anymore just to cater to babies.

+1

Bombg
Admiral

Posted: 2010-11-13 14:27   
Quote:

On 2010-11-13 08:57, Azreal wrote:

Somehow I just knew this is how you would begin your response.

Sorry, dont really know what's left to say.

Have fun finding a new game I guess.

And weapon levels? Tired of fighting that battle. I have been the loudest voice screaming against weapon leveling, have done so for....4 years now (Since BEFORE .483 went live!)? I just give up, because it ISN'T GOING TO CHANGE BACK, so its a waste of text space. Certain folks just do not like their EADS getting whacked by Claws or Assault Dessies and it simply will not be changed. If you havent gotten used to that fact by now, have fun finding a new game with Bombg.

I think you're being a little too black and white here.

If I didn't like the game at all I wouldn't have put the effort to post about my gripes to begin with. When I'm with a fleet of other kluth and UGTO and ICC are dying it's still rather fun.

Sops
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-11-13 14:58   
This game just has a really steep learning curve. There may be issues with the effectiveness on some ships/weapon levels/pres gain to one degree or another but it really just comes down to knowing how to play the game.

Anyone who has been playing long enough can start a new account and be very successful starting from the lowest ships, and if they put in enough play time can have the account up to Admiral in a week.

The problem is there is really no way to make the game much easier for new players (like more powerful low level ships) that would compensate for a new players lack of experience that wouldn't be completely overpowered in the hands of a more experienced player. While it may be nice if cruisers and destroys were a bit better, I'm not sure it would change this issue all that much. New players are still going to get killed by more experienced players.

You just have to try and learn from other players and build up your understanding of the game in scenario.

Bombg
Admiral

Posted: 2010-11-13 21:39   
Quote:

On 2010-11-13 14:58, Sops wrote:
This game just has a really steep learning curve.

I keep hearing things to this effect but I really don't think this is true at all. Compared to games like Eve online the learning curve in this game is nothing. I believe I've picked up the meat of this game within the first week of playing it. I mean there isn't much going on here as far as mechanics go that isn't obvious to the players. And I'll say it once again. The notion that smaller ships are effective in battle vs large ships is just blatantly misguided or selfish.
[ This Message was edited by: Bombg on 2010-11-13 21:40 ]

Aradrox
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-11-13 21:45   
Quote:

On 2010-11-13 21:39, Bombg wrote:
Quote:

I keep hearing things to this effect but I really don't think this is true at all. Compared to games like Eve online the learning curve in this game is nothing. I believe I've picked up the meat of this game within the first week of playing it. I mean there isn't much going on here as far as mechanics go that isn't obvious to the players. And I'll say it once again. The notion that smaller ships are effective in battle vs large ships is just blatantly misguided or selfish.

as previously posted get the biggest ship you can and i will get one 2 classes lower and destroy you in a duel no doubt. end of story. why because i know that much more about the game then you do.

Lrd_Hunter
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-11-13 23:52   
Quote:

Quote:

bombg how often do you actually play. i mean you have an 04 acct here right and your still a va so did you just like jump into the game and use a low lvl ship vs a big ship and get your butt kicked and that the reason for this thread. I mean serioulsy where do you get your facts from. I am GA right and i bascially refuce to use dread or station unless there like a huge fleet battle going on but otherwise i am in TC or HC and when i play luth again the scale or parasite. As far as i can see the small ship usally win espcially in groups.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-11-14 00:16   

Last piece of advice.

If you're a nub in a small ship, then u either:

- fight other small ships
- group up w other small ships vs a large ship
- group up w other big ship vs a large ship
- supp/build out of the combat area
- go bother ai
- play in scen where everyone starts off in small ships
- quit

What won't happen or cut it:
- your baby ship soloing n beating a large ship
- devs giving nubs ridiculous bonuses or handicaps to take on large ships
- whining or begging for a major change to make life easier vs levelled players

Bottomline is, stay away from babyeaters if u think u can't hack it.

[ This Message was edited by: Kenny_Naboo[+R] on 2010-11-14 00:20 ]

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-11-14 00:52   
Quote:

Quote:

i also believed i picked up the game in one or two weeks
boy, was i wrong.
i can learn something every day, but yes i'm still a very young and learning player compared to the older ones.
I especially learned/learn more when revisiting smaller ships, and ships of a different faction.

Bombg
Admiral

Posted: 2010-11-14 04:22   
Quote:

On 2010-11-13 23:52, Nova Team wrote:
bombg how often do you actually play. i mean you have an 04 acct here right and your still a va so did you just like jump into the game and use a low lvl ship vs a big ship and get your butt kicked and that the reason for this thread. I mean serioulsy where do you get your facts from.

I used to play back in 02 I think, and stopped playing for a bit. Came back later and found out my account had been deleted due to some database changeover, and they couldn't restore it so I decided not to play again until a few weeks ago; thus the 04 account. I'm going to assume the rest of that was rhetorical.

Quote:
I am GA right and i bascially refuce to use dread or station unless there like a huge fleet battle going on but otherwise i am in TC or HC and when i play luth again the scale or parasite. As far as i can see the small ship usally win espcially in groups.

Win vs what? how many? what ship types are we talking about?

Quote:
Last piece of advice.

If you're a nub in a small ship, then u either:

- fight other small ships
- group up w other small ships vs a large ship
- group up w other big ship vs a large ship
- supp/build out of the combat area
- go bother ai
- play in scen where everyone starts off in small ships
- quit

What won't happen or cut it:
- your baby ship soloing n beating a large ship
- devs giving nubs ridiculous bonuses or handicaps to take on large ships
- whining or begging for a major change to make life easier vs levelled players

Bottomline is, stay away from babyeaters if u think u can't hack it.

Quote:
I don't think it's unfair to think that new players should have some type of role in fleets beyond interdictor or support ship (and I the sensor scout for finding kluth). Everyone keeps saying small ships are deadly but I just don't see it. Especially when 2/3 of your weapons are beam weapons. Small combat ships should have some level of effect beyond just trying to get some pres pop shots. No I don't want to solo dreads, but I also don't want to feel useless in a fleet because I'm doing nothing to contribute other than trying to rank up.

[ This Message was edited by: Bombg on 2010-11-14 04:31 ]
[ This Message was edited by: Bombg on 2010-11-14 04:31 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
Page created in 0.022531 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR