No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
06/01/24 +4.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » A GA ship
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
 Author A GA ship
Juxtapose
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-04-18 22:26   
Quote:

On 2004-04-18 21:38, Enterprise (Recruiting) wrote:
Also, jux has a great idea going, i personnally think it would be fun to fly a scout thats much more durable than the current one. It would be a ball just to fly around the Umbrealla cluster, in a GA scout, and dodging all the missles and everything...

bah! You'd be at 0.01 FPS and if that didn't kill you, I'm sure the overload on the server (250 missiles + 10 X 6 Defense base Cannons + 40 Fighters) would skip you quite quick into something big and round.

Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-04-19 13:39   
well since all this talk about "Combat stations" and "support stations" and "assault stations"

make the only ppl that can get "assault station" the GAs

thats a purfectly reasonably suggestion.

Email Meko
Dauphin
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-04-19 15:32   
sounds like a plan

Email Dauphin
McSwindle
Admiral

Posted: 2004-04-19 15:40   
Quote:

On 2004-04-08 22:25, Quisty wrote:
GA's should be able to select the color of their Stations/ Hives.

Cant wait to take on a pink hive....

OOOO Menacing

Email McSwindle
Dempster
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-04-19 20:01   
they need to make a new dread for ga!

Ascension(Purge)
Admiral

Posted: 2004-04-19 21:31   
How about...Suicidal ships? Like in Home World maybe you could load on explosives...

Email Ascension(Purge)
Patriarch
Cadet

Posted: 2004-04-26 02:56   
Quote:

On 2004-04-19 21:31, Ascension(Purge) wrote:
How about...Suicidal ships? Like in Home World maybe you could load on explosives...

Or selfdestructing Planets

Goto the website of Patriarch
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-04-26 07:45   
Quote:

On 2004-04-19 21:31, Ascension(Purge) wrote:

lol yeh, they get enough pres to get this ship and then what?

They use it and thier pres go's down so theyy cant use it ... lol brilliant

[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash (Eng) on 2004-04-26 07:45 ]

Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}
Vice Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2004-04-26 10:04   
irst off i have a very bad coment to say to one persone Phoebus. GET A FING LIFE MAN! ! why you are the ONLY one in here that is flaming EVERY good ideals down. UNLESS you are a admin or Dev in hidding, a midshipmen should just SHUT Up.

Ok now that i'm off my high hourse i would like to say YES to the so called uber assaut fragate. I flew one the other day agasnt a Dread i LOVED it . Untill he nearjumped me and nearly killed me. 10% hul 0 shileds on the side her hit me on. so i'm suggestings this.

GA ICC Assult Fragate

3 Engins, make speed 35gu. [AFE Drive]
1 Tachyon Jump Drives
3 Class Two Weapon Full [It Missle]
3 Class One Weapon Full [Rail Cannons]
4 Shield Slots (one for each direction) [Reactive Shield]
1 Class One Beam Full [CLK300]
1 Class Two Beam Full [CLK1000]
2 speacal [ Ecm, Reactor ]

GA UGTO Harrier Fragate

1 Tachyon Jump Drives
4 Class One Weapon Full [Plasma Cannons]
5 Armor Slots (one for each direction and one full) [light armor]
2 Speacal [Ecm, Reactor]

I did work off Jux's post and ideal but added some into it, and now the K'luth, I picked the Beak frigate as it did not have a lot of bombs like the Proboscis does.

GA K'luth Beck

3 Drives [AFE]
1 Tachyon Jump Drive [AME]
Cloaking Device
Automated Repair
Armor
2 Specal [ECCM, Reactor]
2 Class One Weapons Full [Psi Cannon]
2 Class Two Weapons Full [AM Torp]
2 Class Two Beam Full [Disrupter]

Now I hope that with the way I did this I hope it will be compatable with the new version comming out sone. I HOPE that this ideal will not be flamed down like someone has been doing. Mostly there is an added weapon class, and for the K'luth doubled Armor.

Two weeks™ Later and a new sig.

Email Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}   Goto the website of Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}
Tiffy Rando
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-04-26 10:06   
Howabout a human GA ship that's larger than a cruiser, but smaller than a dread, and has the weaponry of a battle or heavy cruiser, but the sensor suite of a sensor frig, or for UGTO the long Range scout... It also has beefed up armor and hull, and 2 squadrons of fighters

What makes it special though is that when this ship spawns, a squadron of assorted AI combat cruisers spawn with it... the GA will then be able to command her own squadron of ships.

And K'luth could get a ship... that doesn't suck
(j/k)

K'luth could get like a minelayer scout with 3 AM mines that that goes at like 50 GUps and has beefed up armor and an ELF or two, and some psi cannons or something...

Phoebuzz
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-04-27 02:49   
Quote:
On 2004-04-26 10:04, Lenna Yamazaka 1RA wrote:
First off i have a very bad coment to say to one persone Phoebus. GET A FING LIFE MAN! ! why you are the ONLY one in here that is flaming EVERY good ideals down. UNLESS you are a admin or Dev in hidding, a midshipmen should just SHUT Up.

Flame? I didn't write a single flame in this thread. Do you have any idea what a flame is?
This is what a flame looks like:
Quote:

First off i have a very bad coment to say to one persone Phoebus. GET A FING LIFE MAN! ! why you are the ONLY one in here that is flaming EVERY good ideals down. UNLESS you are a admin or Dev in hidding, a midshipmen should just SHUT Up.

Personnal insults and nothing constructive, THAT is a flame.
Typically, when someone can't or don't want to argue against its opponent's arguments, yet still want its opinion to 'win', that person resorts to using personal insults in the hope of winning the 'argument' by discrediting his opponent.

Btw, I'm far from being the only person here shooting down ideas, and I only shot down the BAD ones. Also, contrarely to you, while not being a dev myself, I actually read what they wrote about 1.482.

I'm also an Admiral.

Quote:

Ok now that i'm off my high hourse i would like to say YES to the so called uber assaut fragate. I flew one the other day agasnt a Dread i LOVED it . Untill he nearjumped me and nearly killed me. 10% hul 0 shileds on the side her hit me on. so i'm suggestings this.

GA ICC Assult Fragate

1 Tachyon Jump Drives
3 Class One Weapon Full [Rail Cannons]
4 Shield Slots (one for each direction) [Reactive Shield]
2 speacal [ Ecm, Reactor ]

GA UGTO Harrier Fragate

1 Tachyon Jump Drives
4 Class One Weapon Full [Plasma Cannons]
5 Armor Slots (one for each direction and one full) [light armor]
2 Speacal [Ecm, Reactor]

I did work off Jux's post and ideal but added some into it, and now the K'luth, I picked the Beak frigate as it did not have a lot of bombs like the Proboscis does.

GA K'luth Beck

3 Drives [AFE]
1 Tachyon Jump Drive [AME]
Cloaking Device
Automated Repair
Armor
2 Specal [ECCM, Reactor]
2 Class One Weapons Full [Psi Cannon]
2 Class Two Weapons Full [AM Torp]
2 Class Two Beam Full [Disrupter]

Wouldn't it have been simpler to write this instead?
Quote:
I'm suggesting a GA frigate with more speed, more engines, more special slots, alot more armor and alot more firepower.

Quote:
Now I hope that with the way I did this I hope it will be compatable with the new version comming out sone. I HOPE that this ideal will not be flamed down like someone has been doing. Mostly there is an added weapon class, and for the K'luth doubled Armor.

I'm afraid your suggestion is far from compatible with 1.482.
First, in 1.482 all ship of the same class will have the same 'weight' worth of components, that means it won't be possible to just add things to a ship without removing something else of the same 'weight'. With that in mind, your suggested GA frigate has about the component weight of a cruiser, so that just won't do.
Second, in 1.482 the devs are trying to do away from as much 'full arcs' as possible, and all the weapons on your suggested frigates are full arc.
Third, in 1.482, reactors are going to be available on limited ships, the devs talked about reactors on cruiser/dreads/stations and a few destroyers, but they didn't talk about reactors on frigates.

As for releasing such a ship in 1.481, I don't think the devs are going to make a new ship that's designed in absolute opposition to the guidelines they are making for 1.482.

SoNiC
Admiral

Posted: 2004-04-27 04:04   
A suggestion,
Why not put some barrack slots on a support station. So a station wouldn't need to orbit a friendly planet to load up some troops. But make the training rate of troops faster then planetary barracks.

Email SoNiC
Juxtapose
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-04-27 07:36   
Quote:

On 2004-04-27 04:04, SoNiC wrote:
A suggestion,
Why not put some barrack slots on a support station. So a station wouldn't need to orbit a friendly planet to load up some troops. But make the training rate of troops faster then planetary barracks.

That's an idea. There has also been suggestions of adding limited population, a Starport, remote mining capabilities, 1 or 2 AI Transports (but not for inf, only materials) and factories. Basically create a self sustained, semi-mobile Planetary-esque Support Station. (and add an automated Depot, so when the Player is AFK you can still get some loving)

That would be a swell idea, incredibly useful, but hideously boring to fly... atleast in my opinion...as I enjoy combat, hence the GA Frigate.

...and for those Nay-Sayers out there in the DS world who would think a GA Frigate would be too tough!? Remember, one Quadrant of Hvy Shields has about the same Hit Point as the Frigate's Hull. An Alpha Strike by a EAD or AD from within 150gu ( Close Jump the little bugger ) easily cuts through a Hvy Armor Quadrant.

Patriarch
Cadet

Posted: 2004-04-27 07:47   
Result of this topic:

Nothing!

Some Persons want a elite assault uber frigate.
Other want a uber attack allround scout.
Others want a uber dread(like me)
And some want a real uber Planet like station!

I see no results till now and i think we will have no results in future!

Goto the website of Patriarch
Jamma
Cadet

Posted: 2004-04-27 08:59   
How about a ship thats really good for soloing? Kinda like the command dread, but better.

Something like 2 drone bays, 5 special slots (enough for 2 eccm bases), some bombs, semi-big cargo space (6-8?), and maybe a WH 1 device? Not so much firepower - just enough to kill an interdictor in less than an hour, or at least scare him away. It could be classed as a supply so the hull could really be any size...

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
Page created in 0.020677 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR