No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +2.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Diplomacy » » The Faction Change Of Pitch Black
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
 Author The Faction Change Of Pitch Black
The Monty
Cadet

Posted: 2003-07-28 19:20   
You guys don't seem to understand me, I HAVE LOST MY PANTS! Help me!
Pwease?

Malduc{-GTN-}
Cadet

Posted: 2003-07-28 19:20   
W00t, we'll give it a shot, because I'd most definately like for all to see that UGTO is not dead without PB. I'm pretty sure we'll have our hands full with both kluth and ICC attacking at various times, but I'm pretty sure we can handle it given our new numbers and allies. We've lost an active 1/3 of our fighting force, but now we have to suck it up and make up for that loss. PB, it's been a pleasure flying with some of you and hope to do so again in the future. To others, I certainly hope you look up to the more professional members of PB, for they can teach you a lot in being not only a good pilot, but a respectable player as well. IceMech and g0ds, I enjoyed helping you guys out, and thanks for the calls when things got a little tight, anything I can do to help my faction I will. Maybe if I lose all my ships I may come over to kluth for a day or so so I can fight the ICC hehe and see how fun that can be. Until then, you guys stay strong as a fleet, and pick on the ickies as much as the uggies and we'll be happy hehe.

Malduc

Honor Is All

Demorian
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2003-07-28 19:27   
Okie, I will say this once more then end it.

Darksworde, your argument is that if you hadn't been there, ICC would have crushed UGTO. You have to remember that the wave of ICC attacks on UGTO increased because you were there. The switch of PB was a big deal, and ICC took advantage of it.

We know that you fought them off while we slept and we do sincerely appreciate that, but CC's argument was that UGTO would be steamrolled because you were now gone. This is what I resented and tried to defend against, because the ICC's aggression was based on a lack of aggression from the K'luth direction, which is no longer present (since you're back on K'luth and already kicking system butt).

Like I said, I expect combat on all three sides to even up with the current fleet distribution, but my point is that now that PB is back on K'luth, the K'luth are once again a threat to both sides and hence UGTO won't be steamrolled. The ICC will once again have two fronts to fight on, as will we.

By the way, I gratefully thank those of you who, in this thread and in other means, have recognized that the UGTO was on its way back anyway. Your support is appreciated.

We are the UGTO. Your aggressions will be neutralized. Resistance is optional.

-Dem

Keyser Soze
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2003-07-28 20:27   
I acknowledge that Ugto was on a comeback before we switched. I think that the whole changeover thing put a shot of adrenaline in many fleets, ours included. I have seen people online these past few weeks I have never seen while in PB.

FYI- the original plan was to have fun, and show everyone how uber their own fleet was. We had fun with the flux weapons - as witnessed by the FLUX IS UBER thread that popped up shortly after we fluxxed everything in sight. We *WERE* going to do 2 weeks as Ugto, and then 2 weeks as ICC, but with the recent influx of skilled players to ICC - who have the most uber ship in the game (as witnessed by many people ingame marveling over how they could fight and cap and KEEP 100% hull while everyone else died) we discussed that it would:

Look like jumping on the bandwagon.
Be no fun to have all those skilled players in addition to our substantial knowledge all on one faction.

So we went back to Kluth instead. This was our final destination anyway.
I look forward to seeing all they newly active and recently re-activated people in MV. Happy hunting.

BTW - IMO, what Ugto can accomplish with what is CLEARLY the weakest faction in MV deserves recognition. I salute each and everyone of you who continues to log in to the MV under such adverse conditions.

Keyser out-

g0ds s0ldier
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2003-07-28 21:12   
I was one of the first of the 4 PB to move to UGTO, and i liked it alot ...the plan was to move to UGTO for 2 weeks for a change then go back to Kluth and we did...Demorian does make a good Point about ICC attacking UGTO at all times b/c there was no Kluth around, but lets be honest, atm ICC has the manpower and just might be able to crush Both factions at the same time with eXS and BIS not sleeping...ill have to agree that PB did do about 70% - 80% of the fighting for UGTO in the past 2 weeks, i wont say that there were no BSS, Storm or GTN there, b/c there were almost at all times... but majority of UGTO in the fights/cappings were PB members...at sometimes PB could of held the sys's by themselves, but then at other times we couldnt and some GTN, BSS could come and help and we could hold ICC off for the time being...i do think tho, that if PB was not on UGTO or Kluth, and just stayed out of MV, ICC would Steamroll over UGTO very fast...even with PB back on Kluth i dont think the double threat to ICC will be enuff to hold them back, they are just too active atm, and like some1 said earlier about Ragglock, its true, Ragglock CAN and HAS held fleets back by himself and he will continue to do so weither its dying 50times bombing Inf off his planets or Rotating barracks, the guy is just great what can i say?

I made alot of friends and got to know people i didint know b4 and had alot of fun with you all in the past two weeks from GTN, BSS and Storm, i FINALY got to play with bart!!!...i know everyone didint get along as well as i did with most of you, but things happen, it was fun lets just leave it at that...good luck

Pyro
Cadet

Posted: 2003-07-28 21:31   
hmmm, anthra(or something like that) about u never getting hit by flux, werent u trying to defend luyten when i went in to scout and fluxed u,
followed by your dissaperence (not saying u logged but u were obviously hurt) or coulda been someone else

g0ds s0ldier
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2003-07-28 21:42   
you talking to me?

Vesuvius
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2003-07-29 00:02   
C'mon, Keyser, you guys didn't go ICC because you can't stand half the people on ICC and we all know it.

Ragg and company are annoying little fleas who know how to exploit the system to keep a planet from capping remotely, but if people weren't stuck on capping one certain way this moronic meddling wouldn't even be noticed.

Now stop complaining in the forums or camping the lobby and go play the MV. It is dead every time I check the map. WTF? Don't even make me find another game. I've done it before and I'll do it again!

DOM700 [-IMO-]
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2003-07-29 03:10   
I just say: I dislike faction hopping

Never forget what you fight for
I have earned my betatester badge for being part of the open beta

Email DOM700 [-IMO-]   Goto the website of DOM700 [-IMO-]
NightDragon
Cadet

Posted: 2003-07-29 05:48   
man just as i was getting used to fighting ugto PB goes and changes back to kluth

looks like all i will every get to fight is kluth destoryers, and maybe the rare ugto ship

Malduc{-GTN-}
Cadet

Posted: 2003-07-29 08:56   
First off:

We had fun with the flux weapons - as witnessed by the FLUX IS UBER thread that popped up shortly after we fluxxed everything in sight.

LOL @ Keyser, I liked that statement. =) *remembers all the PB 7 flux BD's that were floating around in the first couple of days that PB was UGTO*

To Nightdragon: Don't worry, you'll see plenty of UGTO ships in the MV, we are not dead by any means *wonders if Nightdragon read all the other posts on this topic yet*

=)

Malduc

Honor Is All

Ragglock
Marshal
BIOnics Industry Syndicate

Posted: 2003-08-04 06:14   
ii know this topic is already outdated.

some comments:

even with the many flux bd.s and other flux ships (actually i have the opinion only thing that makes ugto stand up is the cd and flux weapons with out them .... )

it was some of the best fighting time i have had in mv for months.

now it’s getting boring again

since the rest ugto fleets claim that they are mv active again im just sorry to say no, not true, not like when pb where ugto.

now its back to the same 1 or 2 times in 1 week you encounter an ugto fleet rest is just lone cd´s moving around .

i was looking forward to pb doing what they set out to do a few weeks on ugto then on Icc then back to kluth just sorry they skipped the Icc part.

Quote:
Ragg and company are annoying little fleas who know how to exploit the system to keep a planet from capping remotely, but if people weren't stuck on capping one certain way this moronic meddling wouldn't even be noticed.

ok im a flea what ever it takes to delay or stop and enemy fleet in advancing within the coded limmits of the game, i will always use , you have to live with it.

you can call it exploiting but fact is, as kluth i would build ecm forts use gangelinas, as ugto flux scouts bd and destroyers bomb with cd´s and in icc walk into unguarded clusters and planets with all the pulse shield and beam i can carry .

these are just strong points from each fraction .

and if you think it will change with the new release think it over there will always be strong weapons to use on each fraction you play on and i will always use what ever means and weapons i have at my disposal.

i will always try be my enemy’s worst annoying flea´ betyaa

[ This Message was edited by: Ragglock[HTC] on 2003-08-04 06:18 ]

LOVE the smell of human flesh in the morning smells like MVictory

Goto the website of Ragglock
Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2003-08-04 06:25   
LoL RAgg, i think you are the only get mad in this game. U are the only one Swear in the game:P

Sandals
Fleet Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2003-08-04 07:00   
mv is a lot more fun fighting ugto than fighting k'luth...that's all i'm gonna say...

Ragglock
Marshal
BIOnics Industry Syndicate

Posted: 2003-08-04 08:33   
anykind of fleas are fun fighting if you have the numbers matching

right now i have to swear and get mad for 10 ships not there most of the time

LOVE the smell of human flesh in the morning smells like MVictory

Goto the website of Ragglock
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Page created in 0.036176 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR