No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +1.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Diplomacy » » The Faction Change Of Pitch Black
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
 Author The Faction Change Of Pitch Black
Demorian
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2003-07-28 13:51   
Heh. I didn't "fail" to take anything into account. I know that PB is a primarliy nightshift fleet; If I didn't know that by all the night-time raids you guys pulled as K'luth on us, I'd be unfit to use a computer period.

The fact that you covered the nightshift and fought off all those ICC is meaningless, because all of those battles were situational. Without you, the powerhouse native K'luth fleet, K'luth did not take and hold a single ICC or UGTO system during your stay on the UGTO. The K'luth threat was nonexistant for both you and the normal UGTO fleets.

Not only that, but another thing that was situational was the switching of Storm to UGTO and the switching of BIS to ICC. I will note to all the Storm readers that I know you were coming back to UGTO anyway; I am not intending to say that you switched just because PB switched. However, I do think you chose a rather convenient time to do it.

This presented an entirely different dynamic for the MetaVerse, a la who was fighting, and when. Neither ICC or UGTO had to deal with the K'luth, so they hauled off on each other instead. With K'luth back in action yet with Storm on UGTO and BIS on ICC, I'm willing to bet combat and faction manpower may be pretty darn well balanced in the MV.

Therefore, with PB back on K'luth, everything shifts places and your argument no longer applies at all.

Translation: Steamrolled? Sorry. The UGTO was holding its own before you guys even showed up and stole our fire. Please don't shove your arrogant presumption back in our faces after showing it alongside us for two weeks.

-Dem

PS. My boss told me to write that yes, I do work at a gun shop, I have the power to back up what I say Now where's that AK...

``We are the GTN. You will be resupplied. Resistance is optional.``

[ This Message was edited by: Demorian on 2003-07-28 13:54 ]

Vesuvius
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2003-07-28 14:43   
It sure was fun mostly fighting ICC for a change. It was like a bigger, no time-limit Cygnus map from FA. Thanks for breathing a little new life into the MV for a while guys.

Captain Caveman
Cadet

Posted: 2003-07-28 16:10   
Quote:

On 2003-07-28 13:51, Demorian wrote:

The fact that you covered the nightshift and fought off all those ICC is meaningless, because all of those battles were situational. Without you, the powerhouse native K'luth fleet, K'luth did not take and hold a single ICC or UGTO system during your stay on the UGTO. The K'luth threat was nonexistant for both you and the normal UGTO fleets.

Correct. The Kluth threat was indeed non-existent. So what exactly did we do during these so called meaningless, situational battles? We fought the icc constantly. You remember. The ICC. The other faction that would have indeed steamrolled the UGTO if there wasn't anyone defending the systems during those so called meaningless, situational battles. By switching to UGTO, PB activity went up a great deal, and I have no doubt that Ragglock and the others would have had no problem steamrolling (I like that word ) the UGTO whilst being able to hold off the Kluth (the icc made capping the Luyten system back virtually impossible, to which I salute u), if PB activity had not gone up.

Quote:

Not only that, but another thing that was situational was the switching of Storm to UGTO and the switching of BIS to ICC. I will note to all the Storm readers that I know you were coming back to UGTO anyway; I am not intending to say that you switched just because PB switched. However, I do think you chose a rather convenient time to do it.

Now that my friend, sounds arrogant!

Quote:

This presented an entirely different dynamic for the MetaVerse, a la who was fighting, and when. Neither ICC or UGTO had to deal with the K'luth, so they hauled off on each other instead. With K'luth back in action yet with Storm on UGTO and BIS on ICC, I'm willing to bet combat and faction manpower may be pretty darn well balanced in the MV.

Wrong again! Though I suppose that bit's down to personal opinion . With BIS (and Ragglock in particular) fighting the ICC corner now, you will no longer see mass cappings during the supposed nightshift because Ragg is one of the few players that can hold a Kluth fleet off all by himself. Couple that with the other BIS players, and another spurt of eXS activity, and the ICC and Kluth will be pretty balanced against each other.

Which leaves the UGTO as the easy option because they have just lost their nightshift.

Quote:

Therefore, with PB back on K'luth, everything shifts places and your argument no longer applies at all.

My take on the events is that unless the UGTO and ICC recreate their alliance, UGTO are going to be fighting on two fronts, something that their current active playerbase is unable to do.

Quote:

Translation: Steamrolled? Sorry. The UGTO was holding its own before you guys even showed up and stole our fire.

Stole your fire? I don't remember any members of PB saying they wanted to go uggy and steal this supposed fire. All everyone in the clan wanted to do was to have a bit of fun and increase activity. Both of which we did.

Quote:

Please don't shove your arrogant presumption back in our faces after showing it alongside us for two weeks.

I'm merely stating the fact that the UGTO were steamrolled several times in very recent history. Mainly due to activity during the supposed nigthshift but heh, someones got to do something in the mv. Now, with a large active base of players on the ICC side, and a large active base of players on the Kluth side, methinks your stuck between a rock and a hard place.

I'm not trying to appear arrogant. This is simply the way I see things at the moment. I'll admit, I'm only get a picture from what happends during my online time (this supposed nightshift), but then it seems your taking the flipside of this and only viewing things from your timezone.

[ This Message was edited by: Captain Caveman on 2003-07-28 16:16 ]

Malduc{-GTN-}
Cadet

Posted: 2003-07-28 16:59   
CC we were steamrolled by the Kluth when our player base was at the lowest it has ever been. GTN, BSS, and SSC have started to be more active and more players are joining, along with SFA, a new fleet, and storm, I think the UGTO will do just fine. Granted I'm not sure we'll have the night force that the kluth do, but we shall see. As for the ICC, lately, it has been Mainly GTN, BSS, Storm and SFA battling them. Though several times I did see a couple of PB amongst us. I really don't think that just because PB goes back to Kluth that the faction is almighty once again. Granted your fleet is good, but we'll see how the other inactive kluth fleets respond to your return. Will they resurge, or be permantly faded out? I honestly think you'd be surprised (as long as the ICC/Kluth alliance doesn't return) by the fight that UGTO can put up. I guess only time will tell how things play out, I try not to be too presumptuous.

Malduc

Honor Is All

Demorian
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2003-07-28 16:59   
Aye, I think you're right about the timezone thing. For the sake of avoiding a flamewar and for the sake of my respect for you, I won't respond to what you said other than to say you are mistaken. Our manpower may have gone down, but we were gaining momentum before you even came over. This is a momentum we have not lost.

But enough of that. Let us prove it with actions, not words. Thanks for the fish.

-Dem

thebold
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2003-07-28 17:05   
With BIS (and Ragglock in particular) fighting the ICC corner now, you will no longer see mass cappings during the supposed nightshift because Ragg is one of the few players that can hold a Kluth fleet off all by himself.
*qoute cap caveman*
rage has shown me the skill to hold off any size fleet by 1 planet however when the new patch is out this will no longer be possible

i also had intended to show these skills to other members of bis since i value the members that are in bis more than a planet showing them the skillz would only proven usefull, but since the new patch barracks and defense and bombing is all going to change the skill of the MV will change and a whole new bread of tactics will be involved

o may i also add that now PB are back on kluth exs bis and whoever is on icc are going to kick there hineys, they have no more flux and instead a few ecm bases witch are pointles now in the new patch and when they do a alpha there sig goes thrrough the roof a ac can rip through a dessys armor in no time i did this today at some point, i understand why icc moaned about the ecm forts however i think that the icc dont have the rite to moan because the kluth arnt that strong, as seen when the pb went to ugto and we went icc and took our valued tactics there 2, just like pb went to the nubins in uggy

Proud Fleet Admin of [BIS]

[ This Message was edited by: thebold on 2003-07-28 17:12 ]

Darksworde
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2003-07-28 17:57   
Demorian, i think what my Brother CC is looking for is the correct level of acknowledgement for what our clan achieved whilst we were UGTO. To summarise, our goals were as follows:

A) To have a bit of R&R, away from the Kluth Faction
B) To prove that the Kluth Faction is not as 'Uber' as ppl claim they are
C) To give Coombie his Flux Dread Fix
D) Grind the ICC Faction into the Dust

We achieved all but one of these tasks, the last not being accomplished because of the determination of our former allys (but now most hated enemy), the fleet known as BIS.

For the record, and half of the active players in your fleet should be able to confirm this, if they chose to be honest with themselves, alot of my fleet could be found in the MV, playing 8 hour stints, defending UGTO Territory whilst outnumbered, calling for help many times to GTN/BSS/SSC/Storm.

Im not going to deny that you answered the calls for help, you certainly did, and in numbers, for which we are grateful. However you have to understand that if we hadnt been in there, holding off the ICC to the bitter end, doing our hardest to slow the ICC down, you wouldnt have had anything in the MV to call home.

[ This Message was edited by: Darksworde on 2003-07-28 18:10 ]

Email Darksworde   Goto the website of Darksworde
The Monty
Cadet

Posted: 2003-07-28 18:04   
Oh dear, I can't find my pants!

Demorian
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2003-07-28 18:08   
Pakhos stoyed em away in his locker before he departed for K'luth space.

...Yea, he needs professional help.

-Dem

Null {C?}
Admiral
Evil Empires Inc.

Posted: 2003-07-28 18:11   
I have lots of lasers.

Ragglock
Marshal
BIOnics Industry Syndicate

Posted: 2003-07-28 18:14   
all i can say is

i dont wear pants

and where did my girlfriend hide my brassiere ?

LOVE the smell of human flesh in the morning smells like MVictory

Goto the website of Ragglock
conswirloo [V]
Cadet

Posted: 2003-07-28 18:15   
Quote:

On 2003-07-28 18:04, Monty {C?} wrote:
Oh dear, I can't find my pants!

You should always keep a set of emergency pants.

Email conswirloo [V]
Firekka
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2003-07-28 18:27   
Well.... i had fun.. thanks for that hehe

To make a long story short. Some of PB have been a pleasure to fly with but especially in the first few days some members were really misbehaving. It does not fit a warrior to be calling people who have been fighting for the ugto cause god knows how long any kind of inappropiate names. For that you will all die ofcourse

P.S. yur all noobs

IceMECH
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2003-07-28 18:44   
It was nice plaing along side some of you UGTO fleets again. I hope you all remain active and keep the evil ICC on their side of the map

I recognice that UGTO was picking up just before we came over. Now keep it up!

Intrepid
Cadet

Posted: 2003-07-28 19:13   
Yeah it was nice for the first couple of days then all you lobby campers went back to your old ways. The last week and a half has been BORING.

Even though all the active Kluth seemed to dissappear after we went UGTO, I'm looking forward to hopefully seeing them again. At least then we'd have some other people to play with.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Page created in 0.032202 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR