Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Announcements » » Long term goals...
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
 Author Long term goals...
Pope
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2002-11-12 13:51   
i really liked x-com and battle isle, so im all for the RTS idea, even if a similiar implementation would put DS:Invaders (or whatever it will be called) in a small nieche (while a CS clone would certainly bring lots of players) althought i wont start blubbering about it since i seem to have made it to the teams ignore list by means of constant critism anyways.

Faustus
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2002-11-12 13:54   
Sono... your not on my ignore list... just understand, I'm a very busy guy

I'm leaning towards doing the ground combat just like BattleZone, one of my favorite type games... with the abililty to jump into tanks, air-craft, even a star-ship to leave the planet.

-Richard

Goto the website of Faustus
Deleted
Marshal

Posted: 2002-11-12 14:16   
ooo that would rock.

planetside twisted into darkspace = perfect game for evryone.

hope im not dreamin.

OFP
Cadet

Posted: 2002-11-12 15:55   
-->I like all your Ideas Big F. <--
I think great minds think alike. ;> Because you do need to branch out and see what will work with the game. The more players u can attract the better for all of the game and you.
:> SO yes great idea I would love to try both fighter pilot and Troops clients. I know plenty of friends that would love this. I have already told them about this and they said they would join up just to see what it is like. I am all for it, branch out. I will be there in beta helping you test it out, count on me.
This is great Idea, if I ever get bored just playing the original DS I can go join a troop server and do that or become a fighter pilot. This is good it can eleminate player burn out. Being bored of the same thing over and over. Giving your players community a wide choice of things to play.
:0 Hey try it out big F. If it doens't work just drop it out and continue with what we already have. It doens't hurt to try it out and I know plenty of FPS players. That are always looking for new FPS. Then of course I know people who are looking for New Simulation games. I play all these types of games. I would love to play them to.
Now fleets can have a troop and a combat fighter pilots secetion. Just allow Fleets to have more people in them so they can branch out like your doing. I don't see any problems with this. GO with it big F, I promise I will beta test it with yea and get it working nicely for release. Guys don't knock it down. This could really help DS out allot! They would come just to try it out. Becasue they don't play stragey much or at all. They only seems to play FPS or the Sims. This addition woudl be great for DS, just great I can't say it enough...

GOOD IDEAS!

[ This Message was edited by: The_G on 2002-11-12 16:05 ]

Pope
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2002-11-12 16:00   
thanks F for assuring me of that, i was merely referring to the fact that the team, not neccessarily you in persona, sort of keeps their heads very low with feedback on player ideas, so noone can ever tell if they are being considered or not.
i for one arent going to write up another line not knowing if they are being read by anyone who would be able to make a difference at all. nothing personal, its just that i got other stuff to do as well apart from thinking about game design issues that are really only marginally my concern

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Page created in 0.011040 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR