No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Announcements » » Flux Wave Solution...
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author Flux Wave Solution...
DOM700 [-IMO-]
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2002-06-25 11:26   
Faustus then has to invent a new name for the thing again, like AM beam

Never forget what you fight for
I have earned my betatester badge for being part of the open beta

Email DOM700 [-IMO-]   Goto the website of DOM700 [-IMO-]
Darkheyr ={NuKe Squad}=
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2002-06-25 12:11   
not really faustus. if i laucnh my 4 flux now at close range, i can instantkill a scout. a kluth destroyer will be damaged enough to make him run, if he still can
a cruiser will be at ahfl his hull.

the flux wave did nothing but stir up trouble. i STRONGLY recommend to remove it completly.

\"A little bit of weird with a dash of oddness.\" -Kitana

Email Darkheyr ={NuKe Squad}=
Reven
Admiral

Posted: 2002-06-25 12:23   
IF you decide to remove the flux wave, THEN we will have to think of a suitable replacement, the UGTO have it pretty hard atm and the flux if there only advantage atm.

athought i do agree that the flux is over powered. but i dont want to see the ugto becoming flying coffings.......

Email Reven   Goto the website of Reven
Darkheyr ={NuKe Squad}=
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2002-06-25 12:46   
UGTO arent that too weak
its just that ICC is usually a tadbit better, mainly due to their better manouverability and the ability to realign their shields

my suggestion would be to increase armor strenght...but then that would give them an overadvantage over the kluth again, who already get killed rather quick (no big discussion here please. its a fact that an AD or EAD rips a siphon down to 40% or less with an alpha strike and completly annhiliates a cruiser).
maybe give kluth some VERY LIGHT armor themselves, or some sort of shields that absorb damage...

SkyLander
Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2002-06-25 13:01   
I agree with Reven if you remove or alter the flux to much UGTO are pretty much without any special weapons. The flux is about all we have that is our own tech that we can use to our advantage.

Gideon
Cadet

Posted: 2002-06-25 13:26   
How about:

Make it into a beam like weapon that is targeted, and jumps between up to four ships.

I dunno, just a random thought there.

Email Gideon
Jim Starluck
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2002-06-25 14:24   
Aw, dangit...I had JUST finished writing up the post, and was in the process of clicking on "Submit" when the storm that's going through right now shut down the power. *sighs* Now I get to start all over...

THIS time, I'm cutting it short. Flux Wave will damage ALL systems on ALL ships. When it is fired, the rest of the systems on the firing ship shut down, to avoid being damaged.

Other ships have a counter: They can shut down their own systems, WITHOUT using Flux Wave. This protects them from damage, but they still have to recharge all gadgets...including shields.

The Jump Drive, however, would NOT be affected by Flux, since the only time it is active is during a jump. The J-drive would remain functional, regardless of how many Flux Waves the enemy fires off. The only way to take a J-drive out with Flux would be to catch a ship with it in mid-jump, and that's kinda difficult.

If a ship shuts down its systems, either while Fluxing or on purpose, it drops out of jump and stops accellerating/decelerating. Its signiature drops to zero while it is shut down, so this can be used to hide.

Flux Wave would not damage the Hull or Armor, it goes right through them. However, it DOES damage shields, and shields can protect the ship from its effects. Shields will NOT protect the ship that FIRES the Flux Wave, since the blast comes from inside them. If anything, shields would contain the blast INSIDE the ship, completely frying it. A ship with shields and Flux Wave has to shut down the shields to fire.

K'luth systems, since they are partially organic, only take half-damage from Flux Wave. This applies to devices on K'luth ships, not K'luth devices on ICC or UGTO ships. So, an Assault Cruiser mounting a Disruptor would still lose use of the Disruptor. K'luth ships mounting UGTO or ICC weaponry, though, would still take full damage if the device is active when Flux is fired. But ONLY TO THAT DEVICE IN PARTICULAR. The rest of the K'luth made devices are still resistant.

This SHOULD make Flux Wave not quite the Uber-weapon it has been, as well as add some tactical options for ship commanders.

*posts before the power goes out again*

Email Jim Starluck
DOM700 [-IMO-]
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2002-06-25 15:34   
Lol, flux wave is the only UGTO advantage ROFL!
THere are more ICC and KLuth ships in the MV with flux wave than UGTO ships
That's not really an advantage is it?

Never forget what you fight for
I have earned my betatester badge for being part of the open beta

Email DOM700 [-IMO-]   Goto the website of DOM700 [-IMO-]
Deleted
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2002-06-25 15:46   
pfft flux isnt THAT deadly to kluth ask pizzathehut kluth can be recloaked like THAT *snaps fingers* after being hit with flux and even with just a little engine power they slide away making blind fire fairly useless

Patlukowsky
Marshal
Mercenaries of Andosia

Posted: 2002-06-25 16:02   
same discussion again....

i still believe spezial slot and all is gone

like spezial slot for cloaking, automated hull rep and atleast then we need it too for the pulse shield.

Email Patlukowsky   Goto the website of Patlukowsky
Patlukowsky
Marshal
Mercenaries of Andosia

Posted: 2002-06-25 16:05   
i still remember the time when the EMP was bugged and we couldnt rebuild it.
that was the time only ugto ships were mounted with emp(or flux now)
and only ONE emp...and it was fine like it was.....

Email Patlukowsky   Goto the website of Patlukowsky
Warpath81
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2002-06-25 16:12   
I think specilalized slot might help, but I am tending to lean towards removing the item. It might be a better idea to remove it and start over again, adding in another special effect kind of weapon for UGTO. That or completely re-design the flux, like Faus was saying, to be a different weapon. Maybe an area hull damage weapon.

Maybe change it into a hull weapon that can light up kluth as well, giving the UGTO a small advantage when fighting kluth. Right now, despite the arguments, kluth can hurt ICC pretty bad with their mods (without flux) and UGTO falls prey to both. UGTO needs to be strong vs either ICC or kluth. I say make the "new" flux a straight hull damage to ICC ships (through the shields) but make it moderate damage. Make the signiture of it insanely high, so that if kluth steal it and start using it, it will negate their cloak completely when being fired. Also, when UGTO uses it and it hits a kluth, let it do moderate hull damage, but "decloak" them, or light them up, so they are visible for a few seconds.

This way, the weapon is not necessarily powerful, but more balanced and effective. UGTO can start chipping away at an ICC hull before they can make it through the shields (minor damage! maybe 5% hull drop from a hit) and kluth get exposed no matter what. Either make it a unique weapon to UGTO, or make the power required extremely high when put on ICC or kluth ships ( if possible ). Maybe something along these lines, a completely new device, might help solve the issues.

just an idea.

Email Warpath81   Goto the website of Warpath81
ViRGE
Cadet

Posted: 2002-06-25 23:05   
If we're going to shut things down, can we not shut down the armor or shields. Losing weapons, etc will be fair, but if it shuts down all your armor and shields, you're d(r)ead meat for anything that can still shoot at you.

Gideon
Cadet

Posted: 2002-06-25 23:43   
Question: The problem seems not so much as the idea behind the Flux Wave, but the application. Specifically, the fact that you can disable, rather than damage, a ship with one set of blasts.

Maybe the problem is not the Flux Wave, as it is the ability to shut down a ship completely.

Email Gideon
Darkheyr ={NuKe Squad}=
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2002-06-26 02:29   
exactly Gideon. and even ONE flux can accomplish that as soon as you pierce armor and shields

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.039571 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR