No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Announcements » » Flux Wave Solution...
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
 Author Flux Wave Solution...
Panimu
Cadet

Posted: 2002-06-26 02:49   
This special slot discussion raises another query I've not seen addressed; no ships come out the gate with the Flux wave so which ships are going to get this special slot? Will it be preloaded with the flux wave? Will it be empty? What?

Most obvious solution to me seems an EMP slot that can mount the EMP Cannon and EMP FLux Wave.

Goto the website of Panimu
Gideon
Cadet

Posted: 2002-06-26 11:24   
Problem with making the EMP Cannon and the Flux Wave be resident in the same special slot.

The EMP Cannon is practically useless in comparison to the Flux Wave. I can't think of a single reason that I would want to keep the Cannon over the Flux Wave. Why not just put the Flux Wave on and dump the EMP Cannon all together?

Email Gideon
NightDragon
Cadet

Posted: 2002-06-28 04:03   
well it just seems that the kluth want to be even stronger and that they shouldnt get any balances because they already able to put on cl 2000's in place of there distruptors, and nowthey want to be able to fire,cloak, shoot whatever weapon they dicide to put on it inculding the flux wave, granted it is alittle powerful, but it takes 1min to recharge it, thats a long time, and if the kluth fleet cant take out one ship with the "fleet" then i say they need to re-train everyone in ship combat,

all i see is they want another weapon that has alittle more power than distroptor, which is way over powered as it is, and they want to be able to have the ONLY weapon that can do large amount of damage in a short time.

and another thing do get close enough to get shot by them then if you dont like them soo much

Will McBlack
Admiral

Posted: 2002-06-28 05:12   
Unless you see the Flux Wave as an upgrade of the EMP Cannon ... of course Faustus has to resolve the cost difference... a flux wave goes for what? 2500? while an EMP cannon goes for 3000! quite strange. While we are at the topic... what about the Flux Beam? Does anyone use it? and perhaps if there is going to be a FLUX/EMP slot, the increase in amount of damage and power usage should be something like this (worse to best): Flux Beam > EMP Cannon > Flux Wave
... Since the naming is confusing in this case I suggest changing all to EMP.. so in an EMP slot UGTO can fit: EMP Beam, EMP Cannon and EMP Wave

*EMP Beam has short range and does a max of 25% damage to internal systems, range is about 150 gu (beam type), fast reload

*EMP Cannon long range (like a PCannon/Railgun or something 750 gu?) and can do a max of 50% internal damage (only if full volley hits!), mediocre reload

*EMP Wave area effect weapon, range 300 gu, like Pulse Shield, quite powerful if targets shields are gone 75% internal damage if hit (of course I realise KLuth wont like this... but this is just a suggestion, ok?) long reload

For the record I play ICC... and only time I used flux was in SS... and I guess I didnt use it correct then

Darkheyr ={NuKe Squad}=
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2002-06-28 10:33   
we kluth want a new weapon ??
geez Pat, inc ase you ahvent noticed, we want it REMOVED !!!

and a siphon can go head on head with an AD, and it is a close one without flux

so thinking theyre at same rank and same purpose, thats a good balance

oh, and Black...errr...

are you evenr emotely aware what 25% oder 50% or even 75% MEANS ???

it means that you are almost completly UNABLE to fight back !

simply because by the time your weapons load, the enemy completly obliterated your systems

\"A little bit of weird with a dash of oddness.\" -Kitana

Email Darkheyr ={NuKe Squad}=
Will McBlack
Admiral

Posted: 2002-06-28 10:53   
Darkeyr I purely meant those figures for the sake of argument... I indeed have no clue what they mean... but I guess you as a real Veteran know what the idea was

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Page created in 0.011958 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR