No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +6.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Client Installation Issues (Hardware/Drivers) » » ATI Cards...
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
 Author ATI Cards...
Deleted

Posted: 2001-09-29 12:53   
i have an ATI Radeon VE dual display and im having a lockup problem. I can play the game beautifully until about 10 minutes into it when it just freezes up and im forced to hit the restart button on my computer. I think its having problems flushing the memory. ill post again if i can fix the problem myself

Deleted

Posted: 2001-09-30 20:51   
I have a ATI Range 128 Xpert 2000
I click the play button it connect to the server.... In the game it shows you the planets and stuff and that is all...I push F1 and it dose nothing.
So
Help Guys!!

----------------
Chubba

Vinco
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2001-10-04 18:34   
Please read the second page of this thread.

Vinco

In Another Place

Honor is all.

Vinco
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2001-10-10 22:18   
Faustus... Any word on whether you'll be able to make DarkSpace compatible with newer ATI drivers?

Vinco

In Another Place

Honor is all.

Vinco
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2001-10-19 20:25   
A lot of newbies are coming in, and unable to play due to the ATI driver issues. Is there any way to make the solution to this problem more visible?

Vinco

In Another Place

Honor is all.

Deleted
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2001-10-29 08:38   
I have an ATI Rage Fury 32Mb running under Windows 98SE and using the 4.13.7192 driver released on the 10th March 2001. I'm having major problems with textures being applied incorrectly - usually it's okay on the first game, but subsequent games leave the stars looking like entire texture sets (the skin for a ship, for example) and the planets look assimilated (skinned with ship textures). I also have similar problems under Unreal Tournament, so I doubt it's DarkSpace that's the problem, but if anyone can help resolve this I'd be /very/ pleased.

Lord_Binary
Midshipman

Posted: 2001-10-29 08:47   
that's strange, because

a) I have a machine with an ATI card based on Rage 128 Pro chip, works flawless since 4.13.7192 (W98)
(not fury, but same chip, dunno exact name right now)

b) 4.13.7192 has been released oct.22 not march.
the march one is 4.13.70xx, I couldn't play with that one.

"Don't mention it! I have some bad Homo Sapiens!"
"

Email Lord_Binary
Deleted
Midshipman

Posted: 2001-10-29 10:10   
*Cough* Quite right, sorry, got the date the wrong way around (UK/US format) - problem still stands though

Deleted
Midshipman

Posted: 2001-10-29 13:07   
As it turns out reinstalling the old drivers fixed the problem - it also left Windows thinking I have a different card to the one I really have... ho hum.

Wolver{RIP R33}
Cadet

Posted: 2001-11-27 10:29   
Ok, don't see any previous posts like my situation, so here it goes....

Just upgraded to Win2000 5.00.2195 SP 1.
Used Windows Update to get latest driver for my video card which is a ATI Rage Mobility AGP. Driver version 5.0.2195.5026, Driver date 7/11/2001.

Game launches fine, shapes seem fine, text seems fine.

BUT, in navigation screen when rotating camera to 'overhead' viewpoint of entire map game becomes choppy to the point that it's difficult to click or move the map or zoom in or out.

Also, when in tactical view the game run fine until a nebula or any planet with moving atmosphere comes into camera view, then same choppiness occurs.

The game ran fine on the same machine with Win95 and same drivers. Unfortunately, I had to upgrade (work PC) and can't upgrade the OS any further at this time.

Can anyone give me some ideas?

Wolver

\"I wasn't sleeping Chief. It's just that I haven't gotten much sleep these last few nights. I forgot how. So I was just practicing!\" - Dropo \"The Laziest Man on Mars\"

Deleted
Cadet

Posted: 2001-11-27 10:59   
I can't even get DarkSpace to start. I've updated the drivers but with no affect, the game still gives an error message "Failed to initalize display". The message appears after I try to either start the tutorial, or to join a server. The Client window opens, and I get the "Filed to..." window. After I get that there is another message saying to open ClientSetup.exe and check my settings, but changing the video settings seems to have no affect.

I'm running ATI Rage Fury Pro 128 with the latest winXP drivers (v. 6.13.3279.
thanks

Bumblebee
Cadet
Mercenaries of Andosia

Posted: 2001-11-28 01:38   
and WIN-XP??

[MoA] Bumblebee
Mercenaries of Andosia
MOD of the cleanest Forum in town

Email Bumblebee
Deleted
Cadet

Posted: 2001-11-28 11:09   
Quote:

On 2001-11-28 01:38, Bumblebee wrote:
and WIN-XP??

Yes, sorry, and the latest build of winXP (5.1.2600). Is anyone here with win2k running Dark Space ok with te Rage Fury Pro 128? Because the win2k drivers will run with winXP

peanutbutter
Cadet

Posted: 2001-12-27 19:27   
the texture problems are definitly a driver problem - do not update to the current ATI Radeon DDR driver for w2k - it looks like it's emulating matrox 7-8-9 mode which doesn't work with the current code of DS-Client or the newest DX8.1. i had to switch back to an older driver (the new driver i remember is also used or the 7500 and 8500 series). the recommended driver at msupdate web has the problem (probby same driver).
the mentioned fontproblem could be a missing or replaced systemfont - in that case an emergency bitmapfont is been loaded for the kernel.
i could resolve the freezing probs after i replaced the SDRAM (128MBnonECC) with 786MB_ECC RAM no more complains about "failed initialize display" or "after a while freezing" issues - just the new ATI drivers seems to need some more work...

[ This Message was edited by: peanutbutter on 2001-12-27 19:34 ]

Email peanutbutter
Deleted
Cadet

Posted: 2002-05-05 01:03   
Hello. I too have a problem with the Win2000 and ATI Rage 128 combination. I can't play: when I get to the tutorial for example I flot in space then zoom from planet to planet with bad sound and absolutly no control over my ship or whatever: nothing responds: not the mouse, not the keyboard. Nothing. So what's up? wheer do I get the proper driver if that is the problem?

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Page created in 0.022866 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR