No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Announcements » » No comments on the keyboard mapping?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author No comments on the keyboard mapping?
Deleted

Posted: 2002-05-02 09:53   
would love to be able to map group keys to keys else than 1,2,3,4,5,6......

i too fly with qwasd and the numpad for my shields. so basicly if i want to fire, i gotta let go the helm controls and hit the designated group key. not a good idea.

remaping spacebar for group 1 for example, so say im in an icc assault cruiz and i only want to fire the torps and not fire the lazer (nrgy drain), assigning the torps to spacebar would rock.

thats what im really waiting for. but kewl thing is that, e for e-jump is much better. no more shift-j, jump alignement (shift-j typed too fast, makes normal jump, and u die heh).

.02$

SVoyager

[ This Message was edited by: SVoyager on 2002-05-02 12:30 ]

Deleted

Posted: 2002-05-15 22:54   
As was mentioned earlier, I have grown used to the current key config. I did notice that ctrl+j now both selects my home gate and activates my jump drive. It was the only hotkey to a distant location I could use to jump far away instantly. Now I have none.

Deleted

Posted: 2002-08-27 04:21   
There defintly needs to be a remap for the space bar being fire all weapons. I would say that 1/4 of all friendly fire is stupid stuff: Shooting your friend in orbit while trying to chat with him.

Deleted

Posted: 2002-08-27 06:05   
Theres one thing ive noticed thats wrong..(BTW i dont know the new remap..) Shift space bar detonaits the torps but also turns on PD .. istn CTRL B supposed to do that..^_^ needs a fixin

Deleted

Posted: 2002-08-27 11:42   
The key layout is pritty oke. But the one key i wan to change is the alpha key the SPACE BAR!...and I still havn't seen it along the mapping list.

But mapping is good I have adjust one or 2 settings but nothing big...

Wild Cat

Ash'elth
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2002-08-27 12:01   
Faustus, please please please please make a speed to max and a set speed to 0 field!

NeoViper
Admiral
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2002-08-28 23:14   
I would like to add two comments...

1) PLEASE make clan, team, yell, ememy, target chat eaiser and taking less time... I know of games that will talk to things based on what button you hit to enter the chat line... ie; F9 to talk to everyone, F10 to talk to target, F11 to talk to everyone, F12 to talk to clan... and so on.

2) I would like to see hot keys for combat speed. When I am attacked in my Torp cruiser I know what speed I need to fly to be able to fight well... sometimes in combat I have to change speeds, I would like to set a speed to a button. Would be a little eaiser to concentrate on battle.

Neo
and we will hunt you.

Email NeoViper
Mariano (peace)
Cadet

Posted: 2002-08-29 05:10   
Quote:

On 2002-08-28 23:14, NeoViper wrote:

1) PLEASE make clan, team, yell, ememy, target chat eaiser and taking less time... I know of games that will talk to things based on what button you hit to enter the chat line... ie; F9 to talk to everyone, F10 to talk to target, F11 to talk to everyone, F12 to talk to clan... and so on.

yeha that would be excellent

Mariano (peace)
Cadet

Posted: 2002-09-02 05:08   
Don't know if it's just my problem but the target last disstress (H) only works in normal view. It used to work in tactical but now it doesn't and that sux big time.
changing target without changing camera view (press shift while targeting) doesn't work either anymore and that is even more anoying.
Í tried to work out how the shield rotation works. just on the numPad it's ok but in combination with shift (toogle energy. i thought it would transfer all energy to one side) it wants to steer my ship.
Just yesterday i learned about alt-C (switches off target recticals, WOW) so an update on the manual would be fine and i think it is not shown in the options/keyboardsettings at all.

Mariano (peace)
Cadet

Posted: 2002-09-15 10:43   
the hotkeys for scanners and reload "Y" and cloak and ecm "K" should change. when i'm in my CD and i want to reload then i switch of the scanners. pretty disturbing.

Deleted
Cadet

Posted: 2002-09-17 12:14   
This is probably just me but I would like to see these things:
1. Turning using the mouse. Example: Like Star Fleet Command you click on the sapce in the direction of where you want to turn and your ship turns there. Like I wanna exicute a 90* turn so I approximently 90* to port and it shows a filled in semicircle from my current heading to the heading i just selected. The circle would progressivly get smaller as i neared the selected heading. When it gets to the selected heading the ships starts going straight again. This I think would make it easier for people to meneuver.

Other than turning improvement i dont really have anything that major to complain about. If that could be implimented the this game would get a lot better because it would allow minute adjustments to turning and the like.

My $0.2

Naufragus the Hashishin
Midshipman

Posted: 2002-09-17 12:30   
yes yes yes,,, remove the FIRE ALL weapons command from space bar..allow us to assign what its uses....

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.029003 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR