No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +3.7 Days

Search

Anniversaries

1st - UntenHund

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Staff Announcements » » NA Moderator Meeting Transcript 2002-04-02
 Author NA Moderator Meeting Transcript 2002-04-02
Selvarian {IMC}
Cadet

Posted: 2002-04-14 21:07   
* EVENT: 'NA Region Staff Meeting' event is starting now...
03:55:53 [PS]Selvarian: "Again, not so new, but just reiterating."
04:00:40 Shigernafy: "well.. and every other rule, but yeah."
04:00:40 [-GTN-]NeoViper: "shhhhh"
* Gideon has entered the room...
03:56:32 [PS]Selvarian: "OK. I want to thank all of you for taking the time to be here this evening."
03:56:54 [PS]Selvarian: "This is primarily an open-topic meeting, so I have no set agenda."
04:01:38 [-GTN-]Mog: "hullo"
03:57:12 [PS]Selvarian: "However, I want to take a moment to say a few quick words."
04:02:24 [-GTN-]Mog: "its 5.00am and I'm tired "
03:58:16 [PS]Selvarian: "First, while I have not spoken directly with Faustus this week, I believe he is working diligently on bug-squashing and balance issues. I know he has been in the beta servers a lot over the last week or so."
03:59:30 [PS]Selvarian: "Second, as some of you may have noticed, we haven't carried out the mod purge yet. I am going to wait the full week before I go through and do the purge."
* [-Di-]Wolver whispered "I'm sure you had plenty to sift thru in that ALL HANDS topic....but i posted that i'd like to volunteer to help Vinco moderate the General forum"
04:00:33 [PS]Selvarian: "Partly because I am waiting on a final list from the database. Also, there are a number of mods I have not seen listed that I felt sure would have responded by now. Still, we can deal with those issues later."
* Shigernafy whispered "might, in conjunction with the purging, want to put in a special request to fix the mod bug, as people will still appear green half the time, leading, I imagine, to much confusion."
* [-[A`]-]|2eason whispered "you talking about the Euro-mods?"
04:01:44 [PS]Selvarian: "Also, it is somewhat unofficial, but it looks like, after the 15th, Chromix and I will get a second crack at working on at least the GCQL lobby code to fix many of the issues still plaguing us in here."
* [-Di-]Quiic whispered "something needs to be discussed about a way we can update the manual as faustus updates."
* Shigernafy whispered "nevermind.. "
04:06:39 [-[A`]-]|2eason: "yay"
* [-GTN-]Demorian COUGHSnewmodbugCOUGHCOUGH
04:02:29 [PS]Selvarian: "Yeah, expecially THAT one."
04:02:41 [PS]Selvarian: "First on the list."
04:07:17 [-[A`]-]|2eason: "opps, knew that would come back to haunt me...."
04:07:26 [-GTN-]Demorian: "expecially. i like it. hehe jk, continue"
04:03:23 [PS]Selvarian: "OK. Anyway. People have been whispering some good topic subjects, so I will start tossing them out."
04:04:11 [PS]Selvarian: "Vinco has been a little busy with life of late, and I think he has been asking for help with the General forum. In addition, many of the forums are in need of new mods."
* [-[A`]-]Strana Mechty whispered "a lot of guys are whispering me to tell you wild pigs!? rofl i dunno why but thatd be a funny topic, i think they all whisperin to eachother"
* [-GTN-]Lith Ragond volunteers for any one of em
04:09:12 Shigernafy: "Its not much work.. I'll take them all."
04:09:15 Smokey: "i already said long ago i'd helpout in some of the forums.."
04:09:16 [{BSS}]Deghnuke: "I volunteer"
04:09:17 Shigernafy: ":D"
04:04:58 [PS]Selvarian: "I've mentioned before that we need to start considering taking over many of the ones that list only Faustus or sunshine, as it is kinda redundant."
* [-GTN-]NeoViper whispered "selv.. i have a green light but Demorian will do the talking at first..."
04:10:12 [-Di-]Wolver: "i'd be glad to help vinco out with the general form"
04:10:24 [-Di-]Wolver: "or forum even"
04:10:35 [-GTN-]Lith Ragond: "just gimme one and i will be happy "
04:10:49 [-[A`]-]G Force: "some meeeting..."
04:10:50 Gideon: "I need to know if anyone wants/needs me to work on the manual before I volunteer."
04:06:20 [PS]Selvarian: "OK. Well, everyone, look at the forum list and make a list of the ones that you would most like to moderate, in descending priority. Don't try to take on too much, I would say that 1-2 forums should be plenty per mod; of course, that depends on their traffic."
04:06:28 [PS]Selvarian: "manual is next topic"
04:11:36 [-GTN-]Lith Ragond: "soap box and mod central"
04:07:11 [PS]Selvarian: "..and one of you open up a topic for me in the PMF for everyone to post their choices in."
* Smokey whispered "General, Hardware/Drivers"
* [-[A`]-]Strana Mechty whispered "under servers have sub forums for each long lasting server"
04:11:59 [-GTN-]Demorian: "I'll do that part, Selv"
04:12:01 [-GTN-]Demorian: "*goes to PMF*"
04:07:37 [PS]Selvarian: "Thanks, Dem"
* [-[A`]-]Strana Mechty whispered "just idea"
* [PS]Selvarian whispered "Got it."
04:08:31 [PS]Selvarian: "I will make the necessary changes at the same time as the purges, since I will be spending a few hours in the forum admin panel anyways."
04:13:15 [-Di-]Quiic: "Diplomacy, web , mod feedback"
04:13:22 [-GTN-]Demorian: "done"
04:09:03 [PS]Selvarian: "I also figure that some of the EU mods will want to help out as well, so let's not dogpile too much on a few forums."
04:14:11 [-GTN-]Demorian: "gotcha"
04:09:51 [PS]Selvarian: "Anyways, next: the dismal state of the manual."
04:10:27 [PS]Selvarian: "I would like a few *VERY DEDICATED* volunteers with no other responsibilities to focus on the manual, at least organizing and posting it."
04:15:17 [-Di-]Quiic: "I can help"
04:15:26 Gideon: "Already volunteered for that in the PMF today "
* [-GTN-]Demorian whispered "Good to go > our group (suggestion weeders ;P ) requests a topic slot."
04:11:30 [PS]Selvarian: "Anyone should feel welcome to contribute, but I would like at least a pair of someones to take charge of the Editor postions. I will have Faustus give you full access to the Manual."
04:11:35 [PS]Selvarian: "Same goes for the FAQ."
* [-GTN-]Demorian whispered "preferably at the end so the players can talk about it"
* [PS]Selvarian whispered "OK."
04:12:41 [PS]Selvarian: "Just post your interest in the PMF as well."
04:17:28 Shigernafy: "We can all modify the FAQ..."
* [-[A`]-]Strana Mechty whispered "under timeline, check it, a few errors like international space station is due to finish in 2011, and stuff like advanced spacecrafts seemingly making things happen in the very near future, from our slow crap in orbit lol"
04:13:46 [PS]Selvarian: "Well, I would like someone to take point in maintaining it, since I haven't the time right now."
04:14:16 [PS]Selvarian: "It would be best that way.. to many editors will make it a mish-mash."
04:14:22 [PS]Selvarian: "too"
04:19:18 [-[A`]-]Smagelly: "Thanks"
04:15:03 [PS]Selvarian: "It would be nice to keep the format of the questions and answers fairly consistent, to make it easier to locate specific questions/answers"
* [-GTN-]NeoViper whispered "when are we up?"
* [PS]Selvarian whispered "I'll let ya know."
04:15:46 [PS]Selvarian: "OK. Next... I think we are doing a little better on our report card..."
* [-GTN-]NeoViper whispered "k .. sry"
04:16:19 [PS]Selvarian: "We still have the occasional issue that crops up, but they seem to be small weeds in an otherwise nice patch of grass."
04:16:48 [PS]Selvarian: "IE, keep up the good work!"
* [-GTN-]Demorian raises an eyebrow as he wonders exactly what Selv is talking about.
04:17:11 [PS]Selvarian: "(ie, mod behaviour)"
04:22:07 [-GTN-]Demorian: "aha."
04:18:40 [PS]Selvarian: "To the players: you should never feel intimidated over issuing either negative OR positive feedback about any staff members. That is what the Moderator Feedback forum is for. It's designed to be a mirror for us to see our good side as well as our bad side."
* [-[A`]-]Strana Mechty lol they know everything but someone usefull lol
* [-GTN-]Demorian whispered "might be good to mention how the forum is better than public lobby complaints."
* [-GTN-]Challenger1 whispered "Sorry its late im real busy atm but my brilliant idea is Can we make a seperate section on the Forum for those people who put their lives and prestige on the line to save others...........I feel this would boost moral and help DS look positive to even outsiders who look around or even people looking for a game.......sorry if this is out of line someone told me it was a open meeting"
04:20:32 [PS]Selvarian: "The forums are always better for complaints/feedback that the lobby. Anything voiced in the lobby has a lifespan in living memory of about 10 minutes. That's about it."
* [-GTN-]Demorian whispered "*applause*"
04:25:57 Gideon: "Sorry, were you saying somthing? "
04:21:26 [PS]Selvarian: "It may make you feel good to vent in the lobby, but you get a HELLUVA lot more bang for your buck in the forums."
* [PS]Selvarian whispered "Not sure what you mean.."
* [-GTN-]Demorian whispered "*standing ovation*"
04:22:59 [PS]Selvarian: "OK. I have pretty much exhausted all of the topics I have and have been given (save one, waiting to near the end of the meeting for it). Any mods have any other business that we need to discuss this evening?"
04:24:08 [PS]Selvarian: "Players, do you have any issues concerning the staff members that you would like to bring up?"
* [-GTN-]Challenger1 whispered "well we have postings in the Forum for varios reasons but...well....for instence say you and i are on the same team in the MV and a enemy dread comes along and i am in a cruiser almost dead because of him and you jump in and take the heat and die while i get away........I'd like to thank you or whoever and let the rest of the people know what you did for me in the Forum....so almost like a acknowledgment thing....."
* [-[A`]-]G Force whispered "can you try to fix the glitch where the sirius combat medal/bronze star aren't seen together"
* [-[A`]-]Strana Mechty rolls eyes...
* Gideon braces himself...
04:29:00 [-[A`]-]G Force: "i just whispered it"
04:29:07 [-GTN-]NeoViper: "yea"
04:29:16 [TWP]Ramius: "they make me feel warm and fuzzy inside."
04:24:52 [PS]Selvarian: "Best place for a bug fix is in the Bugs/Suggestions forum right this minute."
04:29:34 [-[A`]-]Strana Mechty: "i have something about security and war"
04:30:21 [-[A`]-]Strana Mechty: "maybe clans want to fix their strategy? maybe a team is planning a massive assault? maybe ppl are just talking?"
* [PS]Selvarian whispered "Sounds like a player thing, right? Soapbox is good for that sort of thing."
04:30:30 [-[A`]-]Strana Mechty: "mods hear it all and sometimes they are enemies"
04:30:37 [-[A`]-]Strana Mechty: "just a thought"
04:30:49 Gideon: "I don't hear all...."
04:26:19 [PS]Selvarian: "mods are not privy to all conversations"
* [-[A`]-]Strana Mechty knows why they hear it all but knows also why they shouldnt, and they CAN hear if they want.
04:31:01 [-GTN-]Lith Ragond: "selv, what about making the Clan forums private?"
04:26:35 [PS]Selvarian: "They have no special access to in-game messages."
04:31:15 [-GTN-]Demorian: "Strana, we don't hear it all."
04:31:17 Shigernafy: "we can't hear everything.. only our team chat. We're not super-players."
04:31:26 Gideon: "We can? What have I been missing?"
04:31:30 [-GTN-]Demorian: "we are just players in game, with the power to remove someone if need be. that is all."
04:31:30 [-[A`]-]Strana Mechty: "hmmm ok"
04:27:11 [PS]Selvarian: "That's been brought up before; it's a nightmare to manage private forums the way it works right now."
04:31:46 [-[A`]-]Strana Mechty: "they seem to notice EVERYTHING that i say lol"
04:31:55 Gideon: "We can TALK to everyone at once, I know that..."
04:31:59 [-GTN-]Demorian: "probably because they're on your team."
04:32:09 [-[A`]-]Strana Mechty: "lol no when they in lobby"
04:32:19 [TWP]PizzaTheHut: "www.avidgamers.com .. free private forums"
04:32:23 [-GTN-]Lith Ragond: "rgr selv, just wondering"
04:32:24 [-[A`]-]Strana Mechty: "once i had full scale assault going on sol"
04:32:29 [-[A`]-]Strana Mechty: "then they joined"
* [-GTN-]Challenger1 whispered "I love your game and all.....lol....but for something like this dont you think it might be better seperate?.......ive been in a lot of online games and only a couple have it and where i work we can post stuff on the board like that......well nevermind then i thought i would just offer the suggestion looks like we are strapped for help anyway"
04:32:44 [-[A`]-]Strana Mechty: "not important tho i'l just whisper"
04:28:14 [PS]Selvarian: "I will look into it once I have the lobby code."
04:32:50 Gideon: "Were you useing a forum to discuss your plans?"
04:33:01 [-GTN-]Demorian: "thanks Strana. "
04:33:02 [-[A`]-]Strana Mechty: "it happened in beta"
04:33:02 [-[A`]-]Strana Mechty: "early beta"
04:33:06 Shigernafy: "they may have just gotten reports from other players that there was an attack and joined in to fight..."
04:33:18 [-[A`]-]Strana Mechty: "it was in-game with my old clan"
* [PS]Selvarian whispered "Well, unless I misunderstand your suggestion, that seems the most appropriate."
04:33:28 [-[A`]-]Strana Mechty: "no one left atthe times"
04:33:33 [-GTN-]Demorian: "things were probably different then"
04:33:34 [-[A`]-]Strana Mechty: "we had 6 dreds"
04:33:38 [-[A`]-]Strana Mechty: "lol"
04:33:52 Gideon: "I was in lobby earlier and someone said "All ICC attack Sol". Maybe that was it..."
* Shigernafy requests another topic from Selv...
* [-UD-]DarkFang has entered the room...
04:34:13 [-[A`]-]Strana Mechty: "no it was really early beta"
04:34:22 Gideon: "huh"
* Smokey 2nds that request...
04:29:57 [PS]Selvarian: "OK. Anything else before I turn the floor over to the last topic-holder?"
* [-GTN-]Challenger1 whispered "no no i mean i remember you talking about needing more mods for the forum adding another forum would be in-apropriate so im sorry lol"
04:34:35 [-[A`]-]Strana Mechty: "it was a strategic planned out tactical (planned okay lol) assault"
* [-[A`]-]Strana Mechty shuts up
* Shigernafy whispered "I have a quicky: how's that site? Just wondering when we'll have a more sophisticated player watching system.."
04:35:07 [-GTN-]Demorian: "Shig and Smokey have some, Selv."
04:30:49 [PS]Selvarian: "OK. Shig first."
04:35:23 Shigernafy: "no, I have no topic.. I just wanted to move on."
04:35:24 Smokey: "not me"
04:31:09 [PS]Selvarian: "OK. Then, Neo, Dem?"
04:35:37 Shigernafy: "sorry; misunderstanding."
04:35:37 [-[A`]-]|2eason: "lol"
04:35:39 Smokey: "what shig said..."
* [-GTN-]NeoViper smiles
04:36:08 [-GTN-]Demorian: "*nod*"
04:36:14 [-GTN-]Demorian: "alright mods, and players, listen up"
04:36:21 Gideon: "I have a brief suggestion, if I may in a bit."
* [SYN]Bossman has entered the room...
04:36:25 Gideon: "OOps"
* [-[A`]-]Strana Mechty slaps [SYN]Bossman in the head...
04:36:53 [-GTN-]Demorian: "we're about to start something that we hope will greatly benefit you, the players, in your communication with the developers."
04:37:10 Shigernafy: "(note that admins are not supposed to listen up, according to dem's notice. so plug your ears, selv).. "
* [SYN]Bossman whispered "servers are fried, they dumping people left and right.... All ???? in the servers room"
04:37:28 [-GTN-]NeoViper: "hehe"
04:37:32 [-GTN-]Demorian: "A small group of us (the suggestions forum moderators), and a fourth, a standard player and non-moderator, are forming a council of sorts."
04:37:51 [-GTN-]Lith Ragond: "? why wasnt i informed?"
* [PS]Selvarian whispered "I'd give you a swat WITHOT claws retracted, but it wouldn't even scratch your outer casing."
04:37:56 [-GTN-]Demorian: "the purpose of this council is to hold periodic and scheduled meetings with the players"
* [PS]Selvarian whispered "Will look into it. Thanks!"
* Shigernafy whispered "haha.. well, I can turn off the impact repulsion and you might be able to dent a bit..."
* [-[A`]-]Strana Mechty thinks that will b easy because with only a few here, and 21 actually online total, not manywill prob show up lol
04:38:43 [-GTN-]Demorian: "the moderators on the council will be there to maintain order, and the fourth, NeoViper, who is here now, will be running topic lists for the meeting."
* [TWP]Ramius whispered "i know this is really, really, really far off, but er, is there a date for 1.5 release?"
04:39:01 [-GTN-]Demorian: "Basically, this is how it will work for you all:"
04:39:16 [-GTN-]NeoViper: "hi"
* [PS]Selvarian whispered "Nope"
04:39:27 [-GTN-]NeoViper: "missed my que... sigh =("
* [TWP]Ramius whispered "k, just wondering "
04:39:46 [-GTN-]Demorian: "*snickers at neo and continues* we will compile suggestions forum posts in the suggestions forum"
04:39:59 [-GTN-]Demorian: "and we will kick off every meeting with a discussion of these ideas and suggestions"
04:40:13 [-GTN-]Demorian: "basically, so we can get a consensus on what is truly needed for the betterment of DarkSpace."
04:40:29 Gideon: "How are you going to ...uh...maintain order?"
04:40:35 [-GTN-]Demorian: "and then, after that small topic list is finished, the meeting goes free-for-all and we discuss ideas in an ordered manner, but on the fly."
04:40:42 [-GTN-]NeoViper: "with guns"
04:40:44 [-GTN-]Lith Ragond: "*raises his hand, hoping to be seen*"
04:40:56 Gideon: "May take just about that..."
04:41:03 [-GTN-]Demorian: "then, we take the ideas for the week and submit them to the devs, as are your (the players) wishes."
04:41:44 [-GTN-]Lith Ragond: "demo, if i may?"
04:41:47 [-GTN-]Demorian: "NeoViper, you wanted to say something?"
04:41:51 [-GTN-]Demorian: "or no?"
04:42:00 [-GTN-]NeoViper: "yea"
04:42:05 [-GTN-]NeoViper: "lith?"
04:42:08 [-GTN-]NeoViper: "what is it?"
04:42:18 [-GTN-]Demorian: "Go ahead Lith."
* Gideon whispered "Strana here has an interesting report on him/her in the PMF. You might want to see it..."
04:42:46 [-GTN-]Lith Ragond: "what if we take the suggestions talked about in that meeting for the next weeks poll"
* Gideon whispered "Part of the Ghostbear post..."
04:43:15 [-GTN-]NeoViper: "maybe... depends on the situation"
* [PS]Selvarian whispered "Yah, I know."
04:43:18 [-GTN-]Demorian: "you mean the polls section? that too is a viable option, however that is more in Faustus' hands. We are merely here to find what is most important to the players themselves."
04:43:31 [-GTN-]Demorian: "ya, NeoViper."
04:43:45 Shigernafy: "Speaking of Polls.. a quick plug - whoever hasn't voted yet, please click on the Polls link below Forum on main link list... and have your voice heard.. "
04:43:48 [-GTN-]Demorian: "anything else Lith?"
04:43:49 [-GTN-]NeoViper: "well one thing i would like to say is this..."
* Gideon whispered "I have two topics, as well..."
04:44:41 [-GTN-]Lith Ragond: "ummm... just wanna get the poll out there"
* [PS]Selvarian whispered "ok"
* [-GTN-]Demorian nods at [-GTN-]Lith Ragond.
04:45:04 [-GTN-]NeoViper: "we need all of you Mods to kinda help a little... keep your eyes out for good ideas... or "constructive" complaints and point them to the meeting that we will be having..."
04:45:50 [-GTN-]NeoViper: "complaining in the lobby is not good... but using a venue like we are setting up may help the game as a whole"
04:46:00 Shigernafy: "yeah, /send to any of the suggestions forum mods, or Neo, or do a private message.. if you think there is a great suggestion somewhere (but don't spam us.. "
04:46:25 [-GTN-]Demorian: "btw players, the suggestion forum mods are myself, Shigernafy, and Taelron. NeoViper completes the fellowship of four ;P"
04:46:55 Shigernafy: "and when we sit in a circle, we're the fellowship in a ring... "
04:46:55 [-GTN-]Lith Ragond: "personaly, i think with everyone griping about balance we should have it centered around balance for a while until most of the kinks are worked out"
* Shigernafy is a dork...
04:47:07 [-Di-]Quiic: " I think i just found a bug You can bu the old emp off of a factory and install it"
04:47:10 [-GTN-]Lith Ragond: "yep"
* Smokey 2nds that...
04:47:21 [-GTN-]Demorian: "thats gonna be fixed, Quiic."
04:47:30 Shigernafy: "I think that's being fixed Quiic..."
04:47:31 [-GTN-]Demorian: "read the Dev Log."
04:47:37 [-GTN-]Demorian: "Anyway guys, lets stay on topic"
04:47:46 [-GTN-]NeoViper: "well balance is good... but getting thoughts into the open is better..."
04:47:46 [-Di-]Quiic: " sorry didnt know =-("
04:47:47 [-GTN-]Demorian: "is there anything else you would like to say, Neo or Shig?"
* [PS]Selvarian sent "Are you doing something with the Meta? None of the servers are returning pings and there's a bunch of players in the chatroom complaining about the servers being down."
04:48:05 [-GTN-]NeoViper: "i said what i had to... one more thing...."
04:48:13 [-GTN-]NeoViper: "wish us luck..."
04:48:22 Shigernafy: "I expected at least a groan on my fellowship comment.. other than that, I got nothing."
04:48:38 [-GTN-]NeoViper: "hehe"
* [TWP]PizzaTheHut groans at shig
04:44:25 [PS]Selvarian: "OK. Anything else, guys?"
04:48:55 Shigernafy: "thanks..."
04:48:58 [TWP]PizzaTheHut: ";)"
04:48:59 [-GTN-]Demorian: "okay...now....as you guys know, we are doing this for you, the players...as such, i'm now gonna give you guys a little time to ask questions if you want, about how the process will work....any questions at all about the council or meetings?"
04:49:04 [TWP]Ramius: "lol"
* [-[A`]-]G Force sits quietly as the people who dont care about him talk...
* [-GTN-]NeoViper gives [-[A`]-]G Force a great big hug...
04:49:37 [-GTN-]Demorian: "none?"
* [-GTN-]Raiders is quiet but still doesnt care about him
04:49:47 [TWP]Ramius: "so no modification of the bio bombs will be done for the next patch release?"
04:45:18 [PS]Selvarian: "heh, don't lose your opportunity, G Force, they are ASKING for your input right now."
04:50:03 Gideon: "i am curious to see the feeding frenzy at the first meeting."
04:50:04 [-[A`]-]G Force: "I have no input."
04:50:09 [-[A`]-]G Force: "Only output."
04:50:14 [-GTN-]Demorian: "nobody has questions about it?"
04:50:19 Gideon: "Should be like a bleeding man in a pihranah pool."
04:50:25 [-GTN-]NeoViper: "ok... what is your output?>"
04:50:27 [-[A`]-]G Force: "I have a question."
04:50:29 [-GTN-]Demorian: "thats cool then. Selv, back to you!"
04:50:30 [-GTN-]NeoViper: "haha"
04:50:31 [TWP]PizzaTheHut: "can't wait for Dems meeting *evil grin*"
04:50:34 [TWP]Ramius: "oops"
04:50:37 Shigernafy: "what's up G?"
04:50:38 [-GTN-]Demorian: "oh G Force"
04:50:40 [-GTN-]NeoViper: "for the first few meetings.."
04:50:43 Gideon: "You guys going to enforce silence with a heavy hand?"
04:50:43 [-[A`]-]G Force: "When will you be getting more mods? Some players are out of control."
04:50:44 [-GTN-]Demorian: "whats up?"
04:51:01 [-GTN-]Demorian: "i"
04:51:02 Shigernafy: "darn right Gideon.."
04:51:03 [-GTN-]Demorian: "i'll answer that"
* [-[A`]-]TartCart whispered "sorry to bother you but my account isnt working right again i was a ensign and not im a midshipman again and i didnt do anything do you know whats wrong?????""
04:51:09 [-[A`]-]AgentGerbil.: "crackhead is nutzor"
04:51:14 Gideon: "Good"
04:51:17 [-[A`]-]TartCart: "lol"
04:51:19 [-[A`]-]|2eason: "After we clear out the "deadwood" we will be looking to fill possitions..."
04:51:20 Shigernafy: "you will?"
04:51:20 [-[A`]-]G Force: "I LOVE THAT!"
04:51:21 [-GTN-]NeoViper: "@gideon if we have to..."
04:51:25 [-GTN-]Demorian: "we have plenty of mods, G Force....but what we dont have are players who understand the /report command"
04:51:30 [-GTN-]Demorian: "guys, listen up!"
04:47:08 [PS]Selvarian: "After the purge of inactive mods, we will be determining how many positions we need to fill."
04:51:40 Shigernafy: "haha, way to plug it"
04:51:51 [-[A`]-]AgentGerbil.: "THERE'S A /REPORT COMMAND?! OMFG! I DIDN'T KNOW THAT!!!!!"
04:52:00 [-[A`]-]G Force: "lol"
04:52:00 [-GTN-]Demorian: "In response to G Force's question: all of you have access to a /report command that immediately sends a message to all online moderators."
04:52:04 [-[A`]-]TartCart: "lol"
04:52:05 [-GTN-]NeoViper: "when is the purge?"
04:47:39 [PS]Selvarian: "After that, we will be opening up the selection process for any unfilled positions we need to have."
* [-[A`]-]|2eason slaps [-[A`]-]AgentGerbil. in the head...
04:52:08 Gideon: "That reminds me, Demorian, all those...LOL gerbil!"
04:52:16 [-[A`]-]Strana Mechty: "may i post something useless but hilarious to brighten ppl's moods?"
04:52:19 [TWP]PizzaTheHut: "is that lobby and in game dem?"
* [-[A`]-]G Force waits to be purged of his evil...
04:52:21 [-GTN-]Demorian: "....."
* Gideon slapps [-[A`]-]AgentGerbil. in the head...
04:52:24 [-GTN-]Raiders: "uh i just think /report feels more like /narc"
* [-[A`]-]TartCart slaps [-[A`]-]AgentGerbil. in the head...
04:47:58 [PS]Selvarian: "Thursday evening late"
04:52:31 [-GTN-]Demorian: "yes Pizza"
04:52:39 [TWP]Ramius: "wow i can see how that will be exploited quickly "
04:52:47 [-[A`]-]G Force: "oops"
04:52:48 [-[A`]-]Strana Mechty: "http://www.people.fas.harvard.edu/~pyang/base/allyourbase.swf"
04:52:50 Shigernafy: "well.. use it when people are exploiting or something.. it doesn't have to be to 'narc' on people..."
04:52:50 [-[A`]-]Strana Mechty: "lol"
04:52:58 [-[A`]-]G Force: "I figured out how to use the report i did /report hello"
04:53:11 [-[A`]-]G Force: "so i reported hello!"
04:53:16 Chromix: "StranaMechty: Pretty old but good "
04:53:19 Shigernafy: "yeah, you did. And we all got it."
04:53:20 [-[A`]-]TartCart: "do we have the whole clan here"
04:53:24 [-[A`]-]Strana Mechty: "rofl"
04:53:31 [-[A`]-]G Force: "no, but"
04:53:35 [-[A`]-]Strana Mechty: "lmao watch the whole thing"
04:49:09 [PS]Selvarian: "OK. Let's stay on track here so we can be done."
04:53:36 Gideon: "Reports get our attention for further investigation. If the person in question is doing nothing wrong, they have nothing to fear."
* [-[A`]-]TartCart slaps [-[A`]-]G Force in the head...
* [-[A`]-]G Force winks suspiciously at [-[A`]-]TartCart...
04:53:56 Smokey: "yes"
04:53:57 [-GTN-]Lith Ragond: "HEY! if your not gonna be contributing to the convo please be quiet"
04:49:29 [PS]Selvarian: "Folks, let's keep the noise level to a minimum. Thanks!"
* [-[A`]-]Strana Mechty nods at [PS]Selvarian...
* [-[A`]-]AgentGerbil. reports "like when tart cart was ffing on me...."
04:54:06 [-[A`]-]G Force: "sorry"
04:54:19 [-GTN-]Demorian: "Back on track guys, players remain silent once again - meeting is in session! Selvarian's up."
04:54:20 [-[A`]-]TartCart: ":( sorry"
* Chromix silently leaves
04:50:06 [PS]Selvarian: "OK. We're finished with the council, Dem?"
04:54:51 [-GTN-]Demorian: "yes."
04:50:34 [PS]Selvarian: "OK. Next, Gideon has a couple of items to bring up."
04:55:41 Gideon: "OK. First one. Maybe we should cut down on the posts in the Development Form? Getting a little thick in there..."
04:55:52 [-GTN-]Lith Ragond: "agreed"
04:55:59 [-[A`]-]G Force: "http://www.verylowsodium.com/flash.php "
* [-[A`]-]Strana Mechty slaps [-[A`]-]TartCart in the head...
04:51:39 [PS]Selvarian: "Folks, let's keep the noise level to a minimum. Thanks!"
04:56:09 [-[A`]-]G Force: "better than all your abse!"
04:56:18 [-GTN-]Lith Ragond: "gforce, SHHH, you too Strana"
04:51:59 [PS]Selvarian: "enough from the peanut gallery, please."
04:56:31 Gideon: "Second, people are starting to complain about issues that are being addressed in beta without any idea as to how the changes work."
* [-[A`]-]AgentFritz whispered "Kick them, I give you permission, as clan leader"
04:56:33 [-[A`]-]G Force: "http://www.verylowsodium.com/flash.php GO NOW BETTER THAN ANYTHING!"
* [-[A`]-]AgentGerbil. whispered "sorry about G Force...Strana...Tart... well...they are alll n00bs.... =)"
04:56:48 Gideon: "We need to start encouraging players with questions on game balance AHEM"
* [-[A`]-]|2eason whispered "Fritz wants me to kick them, can i!!!!!!!"
04:56:58 Gideon: "GAME BALANCE"
* [PS]Selvarian whispered "No, I'll handle it."
04:57:23 Gideon: "to check out the changes in current beta, and take part in this ourselves."
* [-[A`]-]|2eason whispered "k..."
04:57:53 Gideon: "I can't help but think that some of these problems (latest emp device debacle) could have been avoided with more testing..."
04:58:06 Gideon: "I include myself in this as well."
04:58:29 Gideon: "Alrighty, said my piece."
04:53:58 [PS]Selvarian: "Yeah, we had a very pointed discussion with Faustus about the DS development process in the last Admin meeting."
04:58:30 [PB]tragicx: "Sounds like they need an added "How to Use Added Features" in beta, so when they are live in MV and scenario, we know how to use them, or at least what to expect."
04:58:37 [-GTN-]Raiders: "acctually today has been a good day for the beta had a large handful of ppl for over 3-4 hours"
04:54:32 [PS]Selvarian: "I think the ClueStick got a good workout."
04:59:01 [-GTN-]Demorian: "yea the new beta is awesome"
04:59:03 Gideon: "Actually I have an example from beta."
04:59:36 Gideon: "A very fun battle between Battle Dread (me) and Mandible Dreadnought. I hade THREE emp cannonc"
* [-[A`]-]AgentFritz whispered "I appologize for there stupidity, they are a bunch of whiny kids that can't keep quiet for more then 5 minutes."
04:59:48 Gideon: "the mandible one after a pitched and tense combat."
05:00:02 Gideon: "Lots of submarine like tactics involved."
* [TWP]PizzaTheHut whispered "just letting you know, the development log really helps. Got me into beta today "
* [PS]Selvarian whispered "Don't worry about it, if they get too rowdy, I'll deal with it."
05:00:07 [-GTN-]Demorian: "very cool."
05:00:09 Gideon: "Was actually very good."
05:00:23 [-GTN-]Demorian: "yea i'm impressed with the Kluth's balance in the current beta"
05:00:26 [-GTN-]Demorian: "as well as the new mining ships"
05:00:45 Gideon: "But, I come right out, and am bombarded by "The KLuth suck now, the UGTO is way too powerful, Faustus isn't doing anything, etc""
* [-[A`]-]G Force raises hand...
04:56:33 [PS]Selvarian: "OK. Well, are there any more issues that need to be brought up?"
05:01:05 Gideon: "Mining ships rock at mining, by the way. Very cool addition."
* [-[A`]-]TartCart raises his hand
* Gideon shutting up now.
05:01:28 [-[A`]-]TartCart: "lol"
05:01:40 [-[A`]-]G Force: "Will you gain prestige for mining?"
05:01:41 [PB]tragicx: "I can understand the new mining ship, I just can't Understand when they would come in use. Just using a transport and picking up the metals would be better for profit turn around. "
05:01:42 [-[A`]-]|2eason: "Good points Gideon..."
05:02:01 [-GTN-]Demorian: "no G Force, but you can sell your goods and get credits for it. that is the main purpose, as well as getting resources for your side."
04:57:34 [PS]Selvarian: "G Force, TartCart? Serious additions to the meeting only, please..."
05:02:07 [-GTN-]Lith Ragond: "tragicx, you need a starport to pick up metals with anything"
05:02:12 [-GTN-]Demorian: "no tragicx, there is no way to pickup metals from planets without buying them"
05:02:16 [-GTN-]Demorian: "mining ships provide those means"
05:02:30 Gideon: "Well, I used on while managing a planet for the extra resources for building...."
* [-[A`]-]AgentGerbil. whispered "their first time in a mod meeting... plz be gentle on them =)"
05:02:45 [-GTN-]Demorian: "and, Gideon? i suppose it was a helping hand? "
05:02:46 Gideon: "Then used those resources to build buildings faster..."
* [-[A`]-]TartCart whispered "ok sorry but i do need to talk to you like tommorow about my account ok???"
05:02:55 [PB]tragicx: "Right, I know how they work, but if you are mining from a planet, you are planning on selling them anyway I hope. You still have to go to another starport."
05:03:00 Gideon: "Heh"
05:03:10 [-GTN-]Demorian: "no tragicx"
05:03:13 [-GTN-]Demorian: "you can unload them on a planet"
05:03:16 Gideon: "No"
05:03:18 [-GTN-]Demorian: "you dont have to sell"
05:03:24 [TWP]PizzaTheHut: "prior to the lates high speed trannies, mining was needed and we didn't have... high speed tranny get's the job done now..."
05:03:29 Gideon: "You have 10 cargo spaces."
05:03:43 [PB]tragicx: "True, mining seems more of a self-less hobby than for gaining prestige."
* [PS]Selvarian whispered "Ah, yes. Best thing to do is 1) Get on PlayNet's web site and submit them a customer service request. 2) send an email to rlyle@palestar.com regarding the situation."
05:04:10 [-GTN-]Demorian: "its not prestige > its credits (sometimes), and helping your side with the game "
05:04:23 Gideon: "I could have made about 2k in about 40 minutes without ever being at risk from combat."
05:04:27 [TWP]PizzaTheHut: "you mean teamwork Dem? =P"
* [PS]Selvarian whispered "Unfortunately, I don't have a way to manage accounts and so forth."
05:04:32 [-[A`]-]G Force: "I think that mining will turn into a idle thing for people to do while the are AFK. I already have seen it happen."
05:04:37 [-GTN-]Lith Ragond: "heck, i know in scenerio i am gonna be mining a bit just cause its fun"
* [-GTN-]Demorian gives [TWP]PizzaTheHut a pat on the back.
05:04:42 Gideon: "That whole teamwork thing...sheesh..."
05:04:52 [PB]tragicx: "@g force, that's what I do"
05:05:02 [-[A`]-]G Force: "pretty soon everyone will have 1 billion credits because they will just leave mining on for 2 hours"
05:05:10 [PB]tragicx: "I slap on 3 mining on a dread and mine while waiting for a force to arrive"
05:05:15 Gideon: "Plus I see another possible use for it..."
05:05:16 [TWP]PizzaTheHut: "there should be prestige for it tho..."
05:05:22 [TWP]PizzaTheHut: "even just a little"
05:05:24 [-GTN-]Demorian: "no, they'll hit their cargo limit and only profit a few k, most likely"
* [-[A`]-]TartCart whispered "no no no thats not it you see i was a ensign with about oh 50 prestiege and i had that until i logged on and played 2 days after i had gained it but my prestiege was only 1.54 "
05:05:36 [-GTN-]Demorian: "Pizza, you can smell exploit coming a mile away if there were prestige for it"
05:05:37 [-GTN-]Demorian: ":)"
05:05:39 Shigernafy: "no prestige.. it lets you build faster, getting poitns that way.. and you can get money."
05:05:44 [TWP]PizzaTheHut: "true"
05:05:46 Gideon: "There is the possiblity that stations may require you to take resources to their building location..."
05:05:56 [-GTN-]Raiders: "something to do while you wait about it no real profit if you think about time spent"
* [PS]Selvarian whispered "Sounds like your account reverted to demo.. did it?"
05:06:17 [TWP]PizzaTheHut: "the 10 spaces = ten troops for us to drop on ur ships "
05:06:21 [-GTN-]Lith Ragond: "i think thats what Faus might have planned Gideon"
05:06:31 Gideon: "Mining ships stink for troop actions."
* [-[A`]-]TartCart whispered "i odnt know it says its active "
05:06:42 [TWP]PizzaTheHut: "good point gid"
05:06:45 [-GTN-]Demorian: "hehe Pizza if you can get that close without dying. mining ships have no shields/armor"
05:06:58 [TWP]PizzaTheHut: "cloak"
05:07:07 Gideon: "Trust me. Very underpowered for that, but they are cheep. good way for a team in scenario to get a leg up on their competition..."
05:07:16 [PB]tragicx: "Selv, currently you get the minerals off the planet at a certain rate. Say planet X has metals, heavy metals, and cryo-matter. Well, normally you would have tons of metals and heavy, and be pulling a little cryo. Any future change to pick just one to mine with the new beam? Instead of all."
* [-[A`]-]TartCart whispered "but yah i am a bata but i have it payed for"
* [-[A`]-]TartCart whispered "i just tryed a non bata and it said you are a bata tester so what do i do"
* [PS]Selvarian whispered "OK. Then you need to do what I mentioned.. that is the only way to get it fixed. I can't fix that."
05:08:06 [-GTN-]Raiders: "or grab one mineral randomly by were you set the beam to mine"
05:08:22 [-GTN-]Raiders: "so its more like real mining hit or miss"
05:08:25 [-GTN-]Demorian: "i did some research/observation, tragicx, on what you just mentioned: metals are 1 point of metals per second of mining beam, cyro is 1 point per 8 seconds, heavy is 1 per 5 seconds, hydrogen is 2 per second, oxy is 2 per second, urdanium is 1 per 40 second"
* [-[A`]-]|2eason whispered "sounds like this topic belongs in the beta forum...*yawns*"
05:08:32 Gideon: "Asteroids need to be overhauled, however."
* [PS]Selvarian whispered "You mean a demo account. Can you join green servers?"
* [-[A`]-]TartCart whispered "alright thank you so much ill shut up now"
05:08:56 Gideon: "Hypermatter is a little faster than Urdanium."
05:09:18 Gideon: "Like 1 per 30"
* [-[A`]-]TartCart whispered "no i cant join any green servers but i payed for my account"
05:09:35 Shigernafy: "Is the meeting adjourned?"
05:09:39 Gideon: "Anyways, I digress..."
05:09:47 [PB]tragicx: "@dem, yeah I figured it was something close to that, but let's say we are parked outside a planet in MV, and we just want Urdanium for example. Well, the cargo would fill with other minerals before I could fill one or two of urdanium."
05:09:48 [-[A`]-]G Force: "I wish that there were more NPC things flying around. I would also like to see NPC species that you could attack, or they could attack you."
05:05:24 [PS]Selvarian: "I think we're pretty much done with the meeting topics, as we seem to be drifting off into a beta discussion, so unless anyone has any objection, I would like to adjourn the official part of the meeting at this point."
* [-[A`]-]TartCart whispered "could oyu tell me the instructions 1 more time i didnt get them"
05:10:19 Gideon: "Man, short meeting tonight..."
05:10:20 [-[A`]-]G Force: "I can talk now he he"
* Gideon runs off to beta 1...
05:10:37 Shigernafy: "and the last 20 minutes haven't been much of anything.."
05:10:43 [-[A`]-]AgentGerbil.: "http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/content.php?id=27647 OMFG... funny and screwd up"
05:10:55 [-[A`]-]TartCart: "lol"
05:10:56 [-GTN-]Raiders: "or freindly NPCs like dophins are to ships...playing in there wakes"
05:10:57 [-[A`]-]G Force: "http://www.verylowsodium.com/flash.php YATTTTTTAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!"
* [-[A`]-]TartCart slaps [-[A`]-]G Force in the head...
* [-[A`]-]AgentGerbil. slaps [-[A`]-]G Force in the head...
* [PS]Selvarian whispered "Go to the PlayNet.com site and log in. Go to customer service and select "chat with a support rep". It will give you an email link. Use that link and then send a copy of your problem to Faustus (rlyle@palestar.com)"
* Invalid command, type '/?' for help...
05:11:21 [-[A`]-]|2eason: "Run everyone, before you get spammed to DEATH!!!!!!!"
05:11:24 [-[A`]-]AgentGerbil.: "here comes the flood of emotes.."
* [-[A`]-]|2eason takes a Kung Fu stance, and proceeds to beat the living crap out of [-[A`]-]G Force, knocking [-[A`]-]G Force unconscious
* [-[A`]-]G Force melts from all the spam.
* [-[A`]-]|2eason takes a Kung Fu stance, and proceeds to beat the living crap out of [-[A`]-]AgentGerbil., knocking [-[A`]-]AgentGerbil. unconscious
* [-[A`]-]|2eason takes a Kung Fu stance, and proceeds to beat the living crap out of [-[A`]-]Strana Mechty, knocking [-[A`]-]Strana Mechty unconscious
05:07:23 [PS]Selvarian: "Thanks again, everyone, for attending! Next meeting will be MUCH bigger with lots of juicy topics. I promise!"
05:12:06 Shigernafy: "yay..."

Founding Member - Interstellar Mercenary Corps

Email Selvarian {IMC}   Goto the website of Selvarian {IMC}
Page created in 0.006523 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR