No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Announcements » » Whats next?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author Whats next?
Deleted

Posted: 2002-04-18 08:07   
the idea is good but the point about your previous post was:

use your credits to but ships and get credits by trading.

read some thing about 80000 credits dreads a few posts up.

but this would make me able to build 1 dread.

then i lag to death and bam there go my credtis so ic an fly destroyers untill the reset.

Deleted

Posted: 2002-04-18 08:10   
and making you buy your ship does not make trading more important.

its just an other way of scaring of people.

Dormio Niggling
Cadet
Agents

Posted: 2002-04-18 08:47   
Yes, you have right that it would be sade when your super Dread for 800k credits will be shoot down but I hope you will not fly alone in this kind Dread

From other hand I can not agree with you that it will scaring people. You have to be much more carefully about your ship (flying in team perhaps ?)... but not now - you can take a new ship loosing only few prestige points !
What I try to show is that Dread should be use only for some special tasks - when your team want capture strong defended planet it would help to crush defense. Battles between Destroyers are enough exiting...
When Space Bases (SStation) will become available with their storage points - you can hide there gadgets (I think ships you should save too) - it would be easier (and cheapest) for you storage there gadget for new Cruiser or Dread, gadgets you can take from Destroyers battles.

Trade system would give you a new possibility - PIRACY !

What about Piracy ?

Deleted
Cadet

Posted: 2002-04-18 10:58   
It will be nearly impossible to buy a ship for yourself...especially a dread.
Why would we fight for a faction that will rip you off any way it can and isn't it in faction's best interest to provide you with the best they can get?
You're right about getting a dread is too easy, but blame an economy system for not working properly atm.

Btw check "http://www.darkspace.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?topic=6666&forum=16&13" for some fine economy ideas

Deleted
Cadet

Posted: 2002-05-15 23:01   
I think bounties would be awesome provided they are generated based of the players actions such as having destroyed many enemy ships. Of course the ranking page would need a new tab to display the bounties players have on thair heads as well =).

Deleted
Cadet

Posted: 2002-05-16 07:51   
WANTED DEAD OR ALIVE
One eyed Affe the scourge of sol
2 million reward

Deleted
Cadet

Posted: 2002-05-16 10:20   
Suggested mods should include the following. I would like to see these fixed ASAP.

1. Pcruz exploit.
Pcruz is not shot down if fired point blank at a planet. A single cruiser can wipe out 1/2 a planet with one shot, no matter how many def bases are built. Players spend 60 minutes to build up a planet. One player wipes out 6 planets in 15 minutes.
A launched pcruz should have a arming mechanizsm that does not arm until missile has traveled 150 GU, or 2 seconds, whichever is easier to code.

2. Beacon Litter. Beacons that fall off ships, or hang around after ships are destroyed cause confusion. After a heavy battle with Kluth, there are so many ghost ships hanging around from beacon tags, one has to keep mental track of which ships are ghosts, and which are not. Confusing for newbies. This problem has been around for a long time, should have been fixed by now. If its a relatively easy fix, I request it be made top priority.

Deleted
Cadet

Posted: 2002-05-17 11:04   
Dreads are a problem in MV though. Mainly because the entire game is setup to take them out.

So i think the XBTF system is a good one.

It would achieve a natural ballance that we dont have in Ds yet.

Giskard

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.011936 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR