No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Announcements » » Version 1.44...
 Author Version 1.44...
Faustus
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2002-03-29 09:44   
Still wrapping up version 1.44, which will be released later today in time for the weekend.

- Icon for refit button made brighter, it was Dark Blue, making it impossible to see.
- SABOT rocket has been added to the ICC technology tree... also, Sabots no longer cause planet damage, they can be only used against ships, and their damage has been toned down some.
- Your ship in the MetaVerse is now unique to that MV. If you change MetaVerse's, then your ship and faction information is reset.
- Fixed the ELF Beam effects. Toned down the energy drain to 15,000 energy units at close range. This is enough to bring down a shield facing which is only 12,000 energy units.
- Star Ports now only require 1 worker instead of 4.
- Disband unit now works... seemed to have the button, but forgot to implement the code.
- Scrap building now checks the lock state of the planet.

Goto the website of Faustus
Faustus
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2002-03-29 10:29   
FIRSTLY... please do not post in here, unless it's on topic. I just deleted a reply to my post, because it belonged in the beta testing discussion.

- Scrap, Disband, Pause, and Continue commands now check the planet lock status. Before, anyone of the same faction could pause structures, including the colony hub for example, dispite their rank preventing them from doing this. This might have actually been the source of some of the sabotage we've been seeing in the MV.
- Disbanding a unit, with 50% health or better, will add 1 to the population of the planet.

Faustus
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2002-03-29 11:06   
- Added code to the ship AI code to use jump drives when moving to a target more than 2000 gu away. This means, AI transports will now use their jump drives. This also means, if you Follow/Orbit another ship/planet, your ship will automatically use it's jump drives to get there... the code does check for a possible planet/star collision, and will do multiple jumps if needed to avoid on the way to the destination.

[ This Message was edited by: Faustus on 2002-03-29 11:07 ]

Patlukowsky
Marshal
Mercenaries of Andosia

Posted: 2002-03-29 11:26   
great with the jumpdrive

Email Patlukowsky   Goto the website of Patlukowsky
Dwarden
Admiral
CHIMERA

Posted: 2002-03-29 11:39   
In topic:

A)
- planet lock is still wrong, I can LOCK any CLAN any person planet OF lower level!, plus planet loose lock when nobody on server (in MV), result ANYONE can SCREW my work totally ...
i suggest planet LOCK to LOCK and over ...
WHATs this for ownership when anyone can retake my planet?
...when planet is wrong builded that REVOLT and over , when You said you want give real ownership then notice fact we have no real ownership on planets yet ...
+ will be here planet history window? who what builded, what scrapped, locked, unlocked etc ...

B)
+ add that 2 workers are needed for one AI transport, this allows on population rich planets have more AI transports/freighters/suppliers etc. in future and it force player to think about more population too ..

C)
Add logic to PointDefence:
+ check for Friendly ship between Missile/rocket/bomb - Your ship > IF NEGATIVE = fire; IF POSITIVE = hold fire
not funny be PDed by 4 friendly CL550 or lol 2000 , this also decrease lot of unwanted Friendly Fire

D)
Sabot rockets and Planetary Point Defence:
+ AI need to check if any PCM,MIRV,BIO missile in planet sensor range, if NEGATIVE = fire at Figher,Sabot,IT,PSI,AR rocket, IF POSITIVE = ignore Sabot rocket and hold fire for PCM/Mirv, BIo

P.S. I think you need put THIS FORUM to READ ONLY for everyone except ADMINS, i'm confused to seek for CHANGELOG between useless or angry comments (of course related comments too) ... we have another forums to discuss...

[ This Message was edited by: Dwarden on 2002-03-29 11:49 ]

Faustus
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2002-03-29 13:37   
Firsty, dwarden... please stop posting to me dev updates.. use the beta discussion forum for your bug reports.

- Fixed trade route code, so you can setup trade routes with planets more than 10,000 gu away.

Faustus
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2002-03-29 13:46   
- Those without Audio cards rejoice... DarkSpace now ignores a failure to initialize the audio device.

Gideon
Cadet

Posted: 2002-03-29 14:00   
This is somthing reguarding the latest development version. There are two different values on the beta servers for armour/sheilds. Beta1 is pre v1.3, beta2 is post v1.3.

Which one is correct for this next update?

Email Gideon
Faustus
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2002-03-29 14:27   
Gideon ... Your dead wrong... beta1 and beta2 are both running on the same machine, using exactly the SAME code and data.

- Added code to make transports wait at the planet until their jump drives are fueled. So build a depot close to your star port if you want to speed up trade between planets.

Deleted
Marshal

Posted: 2002-03-29 18:24   
Faustus, other ICC players are saying that ship armor and shields have been reduced. Is this true? If so, why?

Page created in 0.015800 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR