No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Announcements » » Version 1.44
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author Version 1.44
Faustus
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2002-03-23 11:12   
- Change the code so when you die in the MV, you are redirected to the home system and will spawn there.

Goto the website of Faustus
Faustus
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2002-03-23 11:18   
- ELF device will be redone to work just like a pulse shield. It can be used, which will pull energy from all local ships in the area. However, you'll have to wait 30 or more seconds before using it again.

Dwarden
Admiral
CHIMERA

Posted: 2002-03-23 11:31   
Good that MV will solve endless loop dies, but not solve problem how reach our homesystem on 2nd side of universe...

another thing, can be ELF redone to affect only human ships ? (so ugto and icc can use it against themselves but not against kluth) ?

and i forgot can you fix Build bug, when i build from engi (NOT F5) ONLY 1st structure in queue is counted, others are builded by planet and you gain no prestige !
Plus can you lower scrap punisment by 100% (because we have 100% more maximum structures) ?

[ This Message was edited by: Dwarden on 2002-03-23 11:36 ]

Gideon
Cadet

Posted: 2002-03-23 13:18   
Dwarden, hey, that is a great idea bout the ELF! I like it alot! Would give the K'Luth a much needed advantage in game!

Email Gideon
Faustus
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2002-03-25 11:19   
After much whining about my initial proprosed changes to the ELF, I held some online meetings with the players to discuss these changes and other possible solutions.

What we came up with, is to make the ELF behave like a beam weapon. You must target the weapon first, then when fired at a single ship, it drains energy from the targeted ship. This change, works well for the k'luth, since they are difficult to target in the first place. This change, also makes it possible to use the ELF device around friendly ships, which is good for team play.

Also discussed, is the EMP device, which will no longer cause damage to hull, armor, or shields after the next update. It will damage only devices of the ship.

-Richard

Faustus
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2002-03-25 12:52   
- Shields will now protect a ship against ELF & EMP damage, this means that shields will go down when EMP or ELF devices are used against the shields. However, armor doesn't protect the ship against ELF devices.

Faustus
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2002-03-25 13:26   
- I've created a new device called the ELF Beam, which will replace the ELF Device on all k'luth ships.

If you have one of these older ELF devices equipped, I suggest you jettison it ASAP... once the next update is uploaded, if your ship has it, you will lose your entire ship.

Demorian
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2002-03-25 13:31   
Faustus, I must politely and respectfully (of those who lobbied this change) disagree with the EMP change. I agree that it doesn't make much sense for an "Electromagnetic Pulse" to damage a ship, so perhaps the name of the device should be changed.

However, the strategy of never getting too close to a UGTO vessel for fear of this destructive device has always been a fun and thrilling part of DarkSpace.

I am not saying this because I am a UGTO player and want "my powerful weapons" to stay where they are. I am saying this because I feel I have a keen sense of what makes DarkSpace fun, and this change would remove some of that fun.

Why?

Because of ICC Shields that protect them from substantial damage before our weapons can penetrate. Because of K'luth Disruptors and torpedoes that are hugely powerful and need compensation from the other sides (like the EMP). Because of powerful Cruise Missiles that are in short supply to the UGTO vessel library.

Put simply: the UGTO need the EMP as it is. It is a part of the game's balance. Period.

-Dem

Faustus
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2002-03-25 13:32   
- Added a mining beam technology to all faction technology trees.

Faustus
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2002-03-25 13:34   
Demorian...

I'm going to put these changes up on the beta server for a few days, lets play-test these changes and see how it works out.

Mind you, I changed how the damage is inflicted to the ships devices... basically, alot more damage will be inflicted to internal systems now, you might actually like this change better.

-Richard

[ This Message was edited by: Faustus on 2002-03-25 13:36 ]

Lith Ragond
Cadet
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2002-03-25 16:51   
so now it is utterly impossible to detonate your emp when other friendlies are around right? i mean, before, you could take the damage, but now... well, UGTO fleets are gonna be crippled alot i guess. unless damage wont be team based... might need to look into this.

Deleted
Cadet

Posted: 2002-03-25 17:02   
Well you can shoot down own team's missiles and torps down too with pulse shield, i don't see a reason to make EMP damage not affect team.

[ This Message was edited by: Faravid on 2002-03-25 17:03 ]

Lith Ragond
Cadet
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2002-03-25 17:06   
yeah, but those missles arent targeted at you are they?

Deleted
Cadet

Posted: 2002-03-25 17:20   
1) You have to reload and shoot again, you might lose because of getting weapons destroyed on way to target.

2) They can destroy in front of your nose and that hurts.

Lith Ragond
Cadet
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2002-03-25 17:34   
its designed as a defensive weapon right, sounds like it could be used for an offensive one, just wait for the guy to launch missles out and bam, there go his front shields.

plus, i think repairing ship systems after multiple EMP bursts from a UGTO fleet will take a while, what is gonna happen is a huge battle will comence and 2 minutes later everyones ship systems are destroyed.

while UGTO could have just one person jump in and EMP, not many are willing to get killed just so others can get some kills.

i can hear the screaming, complaining and over all yelling of all UGTO players. well deserved some might say huh? maybe this might add a little balance into the game eh, UGTO will want to use EMP less when others are around, heck, i know i wont mind blowing a friendly destroyer sky high after i died in my EAD because he EMPed and my j-drive busted.

just saw this on suggestion forum. maybe make percent damage lower for UGTO due to the UGTO technoligy to resist EMP bursts. also make same kinda thing for Pulse shields.

"Honor is ALL... except when chasing a wounded ship."

[ This Message was edited by: Lith Ragond on 2002-03-25 17:38 ]

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.019947 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR