No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Announcements » » 1.4 Status....
 Author 1.4 Status....
Faustus
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2002-03-05 11:51   
Progress is going well on the 1.4 release... so just posting some notes on the changes I'm making, so I won't forget since I'm changing so many things..

- Players who drop gadgets at the jumpgate, return to get another ship, will no longer lose credits, they will instead gain resources lost which will decrease their prestige.

- Credits now matter to buy stuff... you will no longer be able to buy goods from a planet or another ship without the credits for it. I'll will make sure all players start with 5,000 credits before this update goes up... so those of you in the negative don't worry.

- I've added a new window which appears right above the target window. The contents of this window change depending on what you have targeted.

If you target a drop point on a planet, it will display buttons for all structures that can be built at this location by the planet or by your ship. If you have cargo, it will display buttons to unload cargo.

If you target a factory, it will display buttons for the build items and buttons for the build queue.

If you target a barracks it will work just like the factory, except barracks build units not gadgets.

If you target a star port or another ship, it will display buttons for items you can buy and items you can sell.

If you target a ship, it will display buttons for items you can unload on the other ship.

I've followed a simple rule for which buttons I display and which I don't. If it's possible, then I display it, if not then I don't display the button.

For example, I will not display buttons for structures that cannot be built because the technology has not been developed. However, if the planet doesn' t have the materials needed to build a structure, then I will display the button but it will be dimmed.

-Richard

[ This Message was edited by: Faustus on 2002-03-05 11:52 ]

Goto the website of Faustus
Samweis*
Cadet

Posted: 2002-03-05 12:14   
Quote:

I'll will make sure all players start with 5,000 credits before this update goes up... so those of you in the negative don't worry.

What about those players which traded and have now money? Will they also loose their money? I hope not

I think you can give all players who own less than 5,000 credits these 5,000 credits

Email Samweis*
Faustus
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2002-03-05 12:35   
Correct... basically, anyone who is below 5,000 credits I will set to 5,000 credits. Anyone above, I won't touch.

-Richard

Goto the website of Faustus
Deleted
Marshal

Posted: 2002-03-06 03:07   
hmm i think this should be changed:

Example:
A "supply" costs:
Buy: 11000
Sell: 2500

You cant make profit on this.
so i was hoping this could be changed(maybe other way around or just the same prices)

Edit:
My creds are below 0 because i buy alot of things for my ship but selling them wont give you any profit.
so its hard to not get below 0.

[ This Message was edited by: Barthezzz on 2002-03-06 03:09 ]

Gideon
Cadet

Posted: 2002-03-06 12:49   
I don't think you are supposed to make a profit off of the components from the ships that you take out from the gate. Only from components that you find from defeated enemies and cargo runs.

Email Gideon
Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2002-03-06 14:27   
Yes, Gideon is right.... you aren't supposed to MAKE money stripping your ship...

And the planets want to make a profit too, so they buy at less than their selling price. It all makes sense..

Email Shigernafy
Deleted
Admiral

Posted: 2002-03-06 14:46   
no but i trade stuf on my ship for other weapons (always do it in mv)

but this way i cant keep my credits above 0.
(maybe if i fly a tranny 1-2 hours a day selling goods)(but this is boring)

maybe makeing the prices a bit more the same would help some.

Page created in 0.012577 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR