No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
03/30/24 +1.6 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Doran

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » other games ?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author other games ?
*COMMANDERHAWK*
Chief Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2017-06-13 19:32   
you must catch me first and youl never take me alive muhmuhmuh.

plan B : take someone with you

Email *COMMANDERHAWK*
Crim
Fleet Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2017-06-14 23:24   
Quote:
On 2017-06-12 11:28, Entil-Zha the Starkiller wrote:
But I thought EVE-il was a Capitol offense if a DS player was found playing it. Leading to account deletion and permanent banning of their IP so they couldn't even visit the DS or Palestar website ever again...decided back when the commmunity here was still active...

My has inquisition here gone lax

I'd read up a little on EVE. Meh....
[ This Message was edited by: Crim on 2017-06-14 23:27 ]

EVE can be fun, it's just got an extreme learning curve and it takes a lot of actual time to get to where the highest 'level' players are. But if you find a specific role you enjoy, you can generally get into that quickly and start to enjoy the beauty of EVE, and the cruel, randomly changing universe

As much as people have see EVE as a big competitor of DS, a lot of players have played both games for many years. So if people do ever try it out, feel free to ask around and see if anyone here is willing to help.

If anything, they might just blow your ship up or leave you stranded somewhere, but it's still an effective way to learn important parts of the game. Don't trust people in EVE, don't join random groups, and never fly anything expensive unless you can afford to replace it fully with no insurance, or you've got a fleet your confident with

kenetiks
Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2017-06-18 10:16   
Quote:
On 2017-06-14 23:24, Crim wrote:
Quote:
On 2017-06-12 11:28, Entil-Zha the Starkiller wrote:
But I thought EVE-il was a Capitol offense if a DS player was found playing it. Leading to account deletion and permanent banning of their IP so they couldn't even visit the DS or Palestar website ever again...decided back when the commmunity here was still active...

My has inquisition here gone lax

I'd read up a little on EVE. Meh....
[ This Message was edited by: Crim on 2017-06-14 23:27 ]

EVE can be fun, it's just got an extreme learning curve and it takes a lot of actual time to get to where the highest 'level' players are. But if you find a specific role you enjoy, you can generally get into that quickly and start to enjoy the beauty of EVE, and the cruel, randomly changing universe

As much as people have see EVE as a big competitor of DS, a lot of players have played both games for many years. So if people do ever try it out, feel free to ask around and see if anyone here is willing to help.

If anything, they might just blow your ship up or leave you stranded somewhere, but it's still an effective way to learn important parts of the game. Don't trust people in EVE, don't join random groups, and never fly anything expensive unless you can afford to replace it fully with no insurance, or you've got a fleet your confident with

There was a story I once heard that many people thought embodied the best explanation of Eve imaginable.

A newb had entered the Eve and was quickly befriended by a vet. The vet led the new capsuleer out to his system in lowsec, or so the newb thought. Upon arriving at this low sec system, the vet promptly turned his weapons on the newb, melted his ship, and just before dispatching his pod told him, "Welcome to Eve". Most vets agreed that this was about the best introduction to Eve that one could get.

I think this is fairly telling of how life is in Eve.

Email kenetiks   Goto the website of kenetiks
*COMMANDERHAWK*
Chief Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2017-06-26 20:55   
with eve online there is no learning curb its more like a learning wall with a fireing squad at the top waiting to shoot you when you get there.

plan B : take someone with you

Email *COMMANDERHAWK*
kenetiks
Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2017-06-28 23:04   
Quote:
On 2017-06-26 20:55, *COMMANDERHAWK* wrote:
with eve online there is no learning curb its more like a learning wall with a fireing squad at the top waiting to shoot you when you get there.

Email kenetiks   Goto the website of kenetiks
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.010820 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR